PDA

View Full Version : 17 December 2011 the day we ... (Various "We're Doomed" Threads Merged)

edwards
17-12-2011, 06:32 PM
That is the only way we are going to get ourselves out of this position, If we don't we face a two way battle by the looks of it with Dunfermline :rolleyes:

Sammy7nil
17-12-2011, 07:52 PM
17 December 2011 the day we all eventually accepted Hibs are likely to get relegated.

We are in a straight match between us and Dunfermline they look very bad so we have a chance but it will be close.

We create NIL we punt the ball at EVERY opportunity and look totally devoid of ideas I think we could still be playing and not have scored.

The only upside is Aberdeen looked like they would never score either until the Pen.

If I was a rich man I would LUMP ON under 2.5 goals in ALL our games and I think I would collect most weeks

matty_f
17-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Speak for yourself! I've not accepted that we'll get relegated unless they start ending the season in December, and relegating two teams.

Seveno
17-12-2011, 07:57 PM
Do you call yourself a Hibby ? Such negativity has no place here. Yes, our performances are poor but we aren't hardly adrift at the bottom and not even half way through the season. Her is time to get it right and we have the resources that other team lack.

DaveF
17-12-2011, 07:58 PM
We have been in an almost terminal decline for a number of years. Calderwood was a complete disaster for the club.

I actually think Fenlon will turn us around. We will stay up this season. It will not be pretty, but needs must.

He has only had 2 games. Keep the faith.

Makaveli
17-12-2011, 07:59 PM
17 December 2011 the day we all eventually accepted Hibs are likely to get relegated.

We are in a straight match between us and Dunfermline they look very bad so we have a chance but it will be close.

We create NIL we punt the ball at EVERY opportunity and look totally devoid of ideas I think we could still be playing and not have scored.

The only upside is Aberdeen looked like they would never score either until the Pen.

If I was a rich man I would LUMP ON under 2.5 goals in ALL our games and I think I would collect most weeks

Sensationalist, attention-seeking garbage.

Conceivable? Yes.

Likely? Bolt.

Sammy7nil
17-12-2011, 07:59 PM
Speak for yourself! I've not accepted that we'll get relegated unless they start ending the season in December, and relegating two teams.

Neither have I but I have accepted we are in a Two way fight for the drop.

If you dont think that then you must be be the eternal optimist !

This team lacks ANY creativity the ball we used today must have a sore head and other than Sodje's chance we never really teasted their keeper other than weak pass back shots.

Sammy7nil
17-12-2011, 08:05 PM
Sensationalist, attention-seeking garbage.

Conceivable? Yes.

Likely? Bolt.

Okay in a 12 team league in your opinion who could get relegated this year ?

I will say Fav's are Dunfermline, 2nd fav Hibs only other contender ICT.

Kaiser1962
17-12-2011, 08:05 PM
We have been in an almost terminal decline for a number of years. Calderwood was a complete disaster for the club.

I actually think Fenlon will turn us around. We will stay up this season. It will not be pretty, but needs must.

I am surprised no one has started a poll yet :rolleyes:

banchoryhibs
17-12-2011, 08:06 PM
I don't agree either.

After Sodje came on we punted the ball more but he gave us two target men so that made it a bit inevitable. Before that we did try to play a bit.

Today we had at least 3 very good opportunities to score but took none of them - a sign of a team short in confidence. I thought that we worked very hard and are much better organised now, the addition of one or two faces in January might just do the trick - creative midfield player please:xbell

It's not time to panic yet - but the corner has to be turned soon:agree:

hibsbollah
17-12-2011, 08:07 PM
I think we'll stay up.

Brummie_Hibs
17-12-2011, 08:07 PM
<SNIP>

Here, you can borrow this:
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGJYvuHWjMQ8ZZeJ9uhvv72886man03 9dcrvZkhDDNC-WTTEUJJg

DC_Hibs
17-12-2011, 08:10 PM
Is this one of the trumpets that the papers phone when they want to get the views of the Hibs fans!!!

I have no concerns at all about relegation this early in the season and with a transfer window coming up.

Once again the manager will be given the opportunity to strengthen the squad so hopefully he does a better job than previous ones did.
I'm optimistic that he will get more out of the squad and the new boys so that we can move clear of Dunfermline and ICT.

Makaveli
17-12-2011, 08:10 PM

Dunfermline. I'd be willing to bet we'll be at least 8 points above them come the end of the season.

Sammy7nil
17-12-2011, 08:11 PM
Here, you can borrow this:
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGJYvuHWjMQ8ZZeJ9uhvv72886man03 9dcrvZkhDDNC-WTTEUJJg

Thanks I think we may just stay up, but it is dependent on the continued poor form of Dunfermline as this team is totally lacking in creativity and are petrified of playing football.

Bostonhibby
17-12-2011, 08:12 PM

Nae point, its definitely 2 games:wink:

See what you mean though, don't think we will go down, there was more organisation about the team today than under Calderwood, we even moved about at shies and got them to Hibs players for a change. Hes organised a poor side a bit better, once the window opens and / or the culture changes we will b e okay but it wont be pretty.

SteveHFC
17-12-2011, 08:12 PM
If we are bottom by the start of march. I will start to get worried :aok:

Sammy7nil
17-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Dunfermline. I'd be willing to bet we'll be at least 8 points above them come the end of the season.

Great Stuff

The Voice Of Reason
17-12-2011, 08:13 PM
As it says on the tin folks, anyone still think we are too good to go down ?

We have no pace, leadership, skill or fight in our team. These vast majority of these players really are not good enough - the table does not lie.

We may be saved by Dunfrmline being even worse than us.......but I wouldn't be putting much money on that myself. :fuming:

greenlex
17-12-2011, 08:15 PM
Aye.

Sammy7nil
17-12-2011, 08:15 PM
Is this one of the trumpets that the papers phone when they want to get the views of the Hibs fans!!!

I have no concerns at all about relegation this early in the season and with a transfer window coming up.

Once again the manager will be given the opportunity to strengthen the squad so hopefully he does a better job than previous ones did.
I'm optimistic that he will get more out of the squad and the new boys so that we can move clear of Dunfermline and ICT.

No they don't call me and apologise for they title but if anyone thinks we are not in a really fight with only one and at most 2 opponents for 12th place they are not thinking straight

Carheenlea
17-12-2011, 08:18 PM
I`ve seen enough in the 2 and a half games to suggest that we will survive and finish mid-table.

Alfred E Newman
I don`t know if Pat Fenlon is the man to turn this club round but all this criticism at this stage is pointless. We know the squad is crap. We know he can`t bring in or move on players till January. If we are still in this position at the end of February then we are in trouble but at the moment anyone who thought that bringing in a new manager would have us immediately climbing up the league with this mediocre squad needs a reality check.

down the slope

Crap, Wotherspoon had a shot that the keeper saved in the first few minutes , Scott forced the keeper into a good save just before half time . We did not punt the ball at every opertunity, Aberdeen did and they created nowt. We have a game in hand over a few clubs so please no more doom and gloom.

Sammy7nil
17-12-2011, 08:20 PM
Crap, Wotherspoon had a shot that the keeper saved in the first few minutes , Scott forced the keeper into a good save just before half time . We did not punt the ball at every opertunity, Aberdeen did and they created nowt. We have a game in hand over a few clubs so please no more doom and gloom.

Great stuff :rolleyes:

Sammy7nil
17-12-2011, 08:21 PM
I don`t know if Pat Fenlon is the man to turn this club round but all this criticism at this stage is pointless. We know the squad is crap. We know he can`t bring in or move on players till January. If we are still in this position at the end of February then we are in trouble but at the moment anyone who thought that bringing in a new manager would have us immediately climbing up the league with this mediocre squad needs a reality check.

I am not slating PF all I am sying is we are in BIG trouble and May be saved by a very poor Dunfermline team.

Sir David Gray
17-12-2011, 08:22 PM
Haven't thought that for about the last two years.

It would be staggering if there's any Hibs fans out there who truly believed that.

When you're in the position that we're in at the half way point in the season, where the only thing that separates you from being bottom is goal difference, then I don't think any side in that position can say that they're too good to go down.

tamig
17-12-2011, 08:31 PM

What a load of tosh. You give up if you want to bud. Not me.

Sammy7nil
17-12-2011, 08:33 PM
What a load of tosh. You give up if you want to bud. Not me.

Read the thread mate not given up just looking at the facts.

Alfred E Newman
17-12-2011, 08:36 PM
I am not slating PF all I am sying is we are in BIG trouble and May be saved by a very poor Dunfermline team.

We were in big trouble long before Felon arrived. We are all well aware of that, and we have to hope that he is able to get us out this mess. Calderwood couldn`t do it with the poor squad he inherited and he actually made it worse. It should be almost impossible for Fenlon to do the same with this lot.

Moulin Yarns
17-12-2011, 08:41 PM

Discounting ICT are you?

Neither have I but I have accepted we are in a Two way fight for the drop.

If you dont think that then you must be be the eternal optimist !

This team lacks ANY creativity the ball we used today must have a sore head and other than Sodje's chance we never really teasted their keeper other than weak pass back shots.

Two way fight between Hibs and Dunfermline, both on 14 points, and ICT are safe on 15points played one more game?? :confused:

Right, so now it is no longer a two way fight :greengrin

Read the thread mate not given up just looking at the facts., and ignoring the fact ICT are only a point ahead with one game more played. As you say, FACT

Sammy7nil
17-12-2011, 08:42 PM
We were in big trouble long before Felon arrived. We are all well aware of that, and we have to hope that he is able to get us out this mess. Calderwood couldn`t do it with the poor squad he inherited and he actually made it worse. It should be almost impossible for Fenlon to do the same with this lot.

I agree and hope you are right.

Sammy7nil
17-12-2011, 08:48 PM
Discounting ICT are you?

Two way fight between Hibs and Dunfermline, both on 14 points, and ICT are safe on 15points played one more game?? :confused:

Right, so now it is no longer a two way fight :greengrin

, and ignoring the fact ICT are only a point ahead with one game more played. As you say, FACT

You are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine.

My opinion is we are in a two way fight, I do not think ICT will go down.
We are joint bottom for a reason ICT have shown some spirt and fight they scored 6 away from home and from what I have seen ICT have been somewhat unfortunate not to have more points. Not something we can say ICT had us on toast before GOC's last minute winner.

iwasthere1972
17-12-2011, 08:53 PM

Merry Christmas to you too. Come on there are still 5 months of the season to go and 60 points to play for. If we are in the same position come the beginning of April then I will start worrying. Until then I won't.

Aldo
17-12-2011, 08:59 PM

Agree with you on this one Matty. Heay I don't expect much this season and TBH if Coco the clown was still in charge I would be really panicking. Not for one minute though do I think we cannot go down I just think with PF in charge we have a lot better chance of staying up.

I am sure there will be a few twitchy arse moments to come but I still think we will be ok come the end if the season.

PapillonVert
17-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Do you want to know the truth? I thought before the season started that we would be struggling. I didn't want to post this due to the probability of being bombarded with criticism and possibly abuse. I bit my tongue when I saw all those posts predicting us to be in the top six.

I think the appointment of PF is a step in the right direction but I am not yet convinced we can escape relegation. I have said it before, you cannot make a silk purse out of a pig's ear and that is the position that PF is in. We just have to hope that someone else has a more rotten pig's ear than us!

Moulin Yarns
17-12-2011, 09:03 PM

We are joint bottom for a reason ICT have shown some spirt and fight they scored 6 away from home and from what I have seen ICT have been somewhat unfortunate not to have more points. Not something we can say ICT had us on toast before GOC's last minute winner.

You are discounting ICT, even though both Dunfermline and Hibs have a game in hand, which, if we were both to win would mean ICT was bottom of the league by 2 points. Fair enough, you don't think ICT will go down, but they are in the same, or worse position as us, and Dunfermline, and are certainly not out of the relegation battle. Our game is the one away to Motherwell that we were leading before it was abandoned, Dunfermlines is against Killie.

Sammy7nil
17-12-2011, 09:09 PM
You are discounting ICT, even though both Dunfermline and Hibs have a game in hand, which, if we were both to win would mean ICT was bottom of the league by 2 points. Fair enough, you don't think ICT will go down, but they are in the same, or worse position as us, and Dunfermline, and are certainly not out of the relegation battle. Our game is the one away to Motherwell that we were leading before it was abandoned, Dunfermlines is against Killie.

ICT are better off than us they have the point we don't. IMHO I do not think ICT will be relegated.
I think Dunfermline will go down but it will be close our best hope is they are worse than us.

Bostonhibby
17-12-2011, 09:20 PM
Are you out there Fraser?

Moulin Yarns
17-12-2011, 09:28 PM
ICT are better off than us they have the point we don't. IMHO I do not think ICT will be relegated.
I think Dunfermline will go down but it will be close our best hope is they are worse than us.

I'm not a betting man, but my 10p is on Hibs being above, Dunfermline, ICT and Aberdeen when the season finishes.

Feel free to keep this post and through it back at me if I'm wrong.

marinello59
17-12-2011, 09:29 PM
Thank goodness we don't bring the self indulgent, self pitying defeatism in to our 'real' lives.

iwasthere1972
17-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Thank goodness we don't bring the self indulgent, self pitying defeatism in to our 'real' lives.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT04QixT2-KIm2FWEw2f8fDAv-n9NUnmEHh7nzgb3dEsL9LbYkE

Sammy7nil
17-12-2011, 09:36 PM

Yeah totally agree it would be terrible would it not !

Everything typed on message boards should be taken as gospel.

The Voice Of Reason
17-12-2011, 09:41 PM
I'm not a betting man, but my 10p is on Hibs being above, Dunfermline, ICT and Aberdeen when the season finishes.

Feel free to keep this post and through it back at me if I'm wrong.

I obviously hope you are right ! :agree:

But I have to ask, what makes you think this ? As far as I can see, we have no pace throughout the team, we lack leaders, we lack creativity we lose too many goals and we don't score enough.

Also, O'Connor could be going inside the clink, Griffiths misses too many sitters (and does daft things like gesturing to the Rangers fans which leads to him missing our most important game of the season today).

Finally, our new manager clearly thinks that Michael Hart is the best option at right back !!!!!!

:confused::confused::confused:

So please enlighten me, what makes you think this ?!?!?

Mikeystewart
17-12-2011, 09:47 PM
Wuts gaan oan?! Everyone seemed a little happier after the good performances against Motherwell and Rangers, now we loose one game to the sheep on a dojy penalty and suddenly we are back in the relegation dog fight.

I think we will stay up for these reasons:

1. I am confident we have a better set of players than Dunfermline Aberdeen and ICT (Injuries mainly) and hopefully Pat can turn them into a better team.

2. I believe we will have some dosh to improve in January, not much but more than the aforementioned clubs.

3. Its only December and Hearts could be docked points by the end of the season :devil:.

Moulin Yarns
17-12-2011, 09:49 PM
I obviously hope you are right ! :agree:

But I have to ask, what makes you think this ? As far as I can see, we have no pace throughout the team, we lack leaders, we lack creativity we lose too many goals and we don't score enough.

Also, O'Connor could be going inside the clink, Griffiths misses too many sitters (and does daft things like gesturing to the Rangers fans which leads to him missing our most important game of the season today).

Finally, our new manager clearly thinks that Michael Hart is the best option at right back !!!!!!

:confused::confused::confused:

So please enlighten me, what makes you think this ?!?!?

While what you say may be true, there have been signs of improvement under Pat Fenlon. We were leading at Motherwell when the game was abandoned, the defence have looked more solid. Aberdeen stole that game today by all accounts (haven't seen it, but listened to most of it), certainly if the BBC stats are anything to go by. So yeh , I think we will move in the right direction, and the only one I might be wrong with is ICT who haven't been getting the results they've deserved.

hibbytillidie
17-12-2011, 10:34 PM

jim duffy left hibs like what calderwood has we will go down with the players we have.:flag:

jdships
17-12-2011, 10:45 PM

:agree::top marks

The negativity beggars belief !
PF has only been in the job for a few weeks and there is half a season still to go :rolleyes:

Jonnyboy
17-12-2011, 10:45 PM
To be fair to the OP we are indeed in a bit of a pickle in that we're not last simply because we've shipped fewer goals than the Pars BUT I do believe we will stay up. I reckon PF will be creating a list of those players he doesn't want and will bring in a couple or more decent signings in January. We'll stay up

madabouthibs
17-12-2011, 11:54 PM
Yup, good idea. :agree:
I'm sure the 400,000 idiots from the other side of town would agree too! :wink:

Haymaker
18-12-2011, 12:39 AM
I have said this before and I will say this again...

WHAT ****ING CASH?

fatbloke
18-12-2011, 01:11 AM
I don't agree either.

After Sodje came on we punted the ball more but he gave us two target men so that made it a bit inevitable. Before that we did try to play a bit.

Today we had at least 3 very good opportunities to score but took none of them - a sign of a team short in confidence. I thought that we worked very hard and are much better organised now, the addition of one or two faces in January might just do the trick - creative midfield player please:xbell

It's not time to panic yet - but the corner has to be turned soon:agree:

Sadly we are on a roundabout

Phil D. Rolls
18-12-2011, 05:18 AM
Calm down dears: Dunfermline are worse than us; we are bedding in a new manager; the transfer window opens on 1/1/12; we can't really get much worse. Chin up and keep going.

Hibby 2005
18-12-2011, 09:11 AM
Just watched the lowlights.

Confidence shot, Stack still in goal, OConnor unfit and a powderpuff midfield, Galbraith on the right and Sproule on the left?

January might save us.

thebausburst
18-12-2011, 10:01 AM
No-one will be able to take that away from us!
Let the adventure begin!!

Lets face reality this team is well and truly doomed, only an unexpected splash of January cash on even more unexpected (genuine) quality players can give us a fighting chance of finishing above Dumfy. As things stand there's no danger this side can string a series of results together, as soon as Gary's form dipped we were always heading for the too too as no-one else scores and we continue to give daft goals away and probably always will - its the Hibs way! I was going to the derby but nae chance after recent performances as I just couldnae stand it!

Northernhibee
18-12-2011, 10:16 AM
Ugh...

McSwanky
18-12-2011, 10:20 AM
heading for the too toodesmond?

The Falcon
18-12-2011, 10:21 AM
We could just regurgitate last years threads. Save a lot of trouble.

Northernhibee
18-12-2011, 10:24 AM
We really are a ****ty support

****s sakes guys, new manager, clean slate.

Let's give some encouragment rather than threads like this, and Stevenson worked his socks off today - what a mediocre player.

This isn't fitba manager, moaning and whining will do nothing. Let's get to the games we can and sing our hearts out, and trust the manager to bring out the best in these players.

1two
18-12-2011, 10:32 AM
Yup, good idea. :agree:
I'm sure the 400,000 idiots from the other side of town would agree too! :wink:

We're not talking about doing the same as hearts, we're talking about a couple of players to turn our season around.

DC_Hibs
18-12-2011, 10:34 AM
Your heid's burst ya daftie

1two
18-12-2011, 10:40 AM
I have said this before and I will say this again...

WHAT ****ING CASH?

If we fail to spend in January, we will be one of the favourites for relegation (if we're not already)
We can't rely on other teams being pish to keep us up.

There is cash there.
Hibs will not survive as we know them if we go down again. That's a fact. It will take decades to recover as Scottish football is dying.
RP must know that and if STF doesnt then he has to be told. As owner he'd be duty bound to do something about it.

If he is and can't or doesn't want to, then he HAS to go!

Lucius Apuleius
18-12-2011, 10:45 AM
If this thread was to catch all the "we are doomed threads" it is failing, MISERABLY. Petrie!!!!!!!!!!!!

:pfgwa:flag:

thebausburst
18-12-2011, 10:48 AM
We really are a ****ty support

Quite the opposite, I think it says a huge amount that fans actually still turn up to watch this pile o keech every Saturday. :na na:

thebausburst
18-12-2011, 11:09 AM
When was the last time we got a new manager bounce, seems a looooong time ago, every other team seems to get this, even Aberdeen under paw broon got it!

thebausburst
18-12-2011, 11:14 AM
If we fail to spend in January, we will be one of the favourites for relegation (if we're not already)

There is cash there.
Hibs will not survive as we know them if we go down again. That's a fact. It will take decades to recover as Scottish football is dying.
RP must know that and if STF doesnt then he has to be told. As owner he'd be duty bound to do something about it.

Pat already saying we will have to look at loans as no-one will commit to us in our current state - GREAT!

BEEJ
18-12-2011, 11:19 AM

Great stuff. :rolleyes:

(To coin a phrase)

The_Todd
18-12-2011, 11:19 AM

While the OP is overly OTT, and I don't agree relegation is inevitable I wouldn't say that relegation is out of the question, and one of the bigger dangers we'll face is complaceny and the belief we're too big to go down. We're dropping like a brick and it's going to take hard work to turn it around.

At The Edge
18-12-2011, 11:29 AM
Pat already saying we will have to look at loans as no-one will commit to us in our current state - GREAT!

What if we got a loan of a couple of Premiership or championship players?
its probably an easier thing to do, players not getting a regular game, club maybe wants to put them in the shop window, players that would be way out of our budget,
Pat and other managers have always said that January is a hard time to do business, the vast majority of players are out of contract over the summer months. Hibs may have some cash but not a lot, and if we could get free deals and then pay decent wages to decent players i think thats a better option.

If all we can get is 2 or 3 quality loan players for 6 months, who in turn keep us in the SPL, then to me thats been worth it, then rebuild in the summer.....(again):greengrin

on a final note, in the 2 and a half games Pats been charge, i've seen a vast improvement in our organisation and fitness, we have a formation that players stick to and know what they are doing.
Results will come, Pat has definitley got a 'bounce' out of the players in my opinion.

nortonhibby
18-12-2011, 11:34 AM
IMO Its a fight between us Aberdeen Inverness And Dunfermline Pa Broon has the experience to keep the sheep up, TB Inverness Manager also has the experience and wit to keep them safe.

Dunfermline will go down they have nothing in there favour they have even closed a stand at there ground and have no resources to buy new players and an in experienced Manager.

If RP Puts up the cash for PF In Jan Window and we bring in 6 or 7 new players we will be fine.

matty_f
18-12-2011, 11:40 AM
IMO Its a fight between us Aberdeen Inverness And Dunfermline Pa Broon has the experience to keep the sheep up, TB Inverness Manager also has the experience and wit to keep them safe.

Dunfermline will go down they have nothing in there favour they have even closed a stand at there ground and have no resources to buy new players and an in experienced Manager.

If RP Puts up the cash for PF In Jan Window and we bring in 6 or 7 new players we will be fine.

There's no way we'll bring in 6 or 7 players in January. It's unnecessary and I doubt we've got anywhere close to the budget to be able to bring in that volume anyway. Personally, I don't think we need that many anyway.

Hibercelona
18-12-2011, 11:50 AM
"We're no going doon!"
"We're doooomed!"

I'm glad there are so many Mystic Megs on .net these days...... but I don't know who to listen to! :paranoid:

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2011, 02:13 PM
I think we might just have enough to finish above Dunfermline, great eh?

Malthibby
18-12-2011, 02:16 PM
It's not great but it's better than finishing under them. We are pash just now but Fenlon needs time to turn things around & 'above dunf' might be our lot this season. That &
winning Big Cup will do nicely.
GG

silverhibee
18-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Calm down dears: Dunfermline are worse than us; we are bedding in a new manager; the transfer window opens on 1/1/12; we can't really get much worse. Chin up and keep going.

Yes on goal difference, but on the two games we have played them they have come away with 4 points Hibs have got 1.

Kaiser1962
18-12-2011, 02:38 PM

There is cash there.

Good luck with that.

nortonhibby
18-12-2011, 02:52 PM
There's no way we'll bring in 6 or 7 players in January. It's unnecessary and I doubt we've got anywhere close to the budget to be able to bring in that volume anyway. Personally, I don't think we need that many anyway.

Fair point i got carried away there was thinking back to last Jan when we brought a fair few new players in which in turn got us back to winning ways RP Backed CC then, However it may not be possible if the war chest was emptied.
PF Must have some players in mind even loan deals would help, I Do feel sorry for PF He has to work with whats left from 2 previous horrendous/useless managers.
All he can do is get there fitness levels up and set out the team in the formation he feels is right things have improved and we would have won the Motherwell game which would have been a great start now you look at the fixtures and wonder where the next points can be gained.
It may all come down to the 2 head to heads with Dunfermline at least that way if we take the 6 points from them we will be fine.

lucky
18-12-2011, 03:21 PM
Hibs need 15 more points go stay up. The pars are rank and have been lucky to get four pints of us. As such I think they are certs to go down.

Northernhibee
18-12-2011, 03:29 PM
Fenlon's a good manager, in just two games we've seen progress.

Let's give him time, we'll be fine.

Sammy7nil
18-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Great stuff. :rolleyes:

(To coin a phrase)

:greengrin Glad it is catching on :greengrin

Great Stuff

Craig_in_Prague
18-12-2011, 04:07 PM
Fenlon's a good manager, in just two games we've seen progress.Let's give him time, we'll be fine.the side has been more organised and have defended better as a unit. No shortage of effort either. But they are still murder. So i am cocncerned we are gonna go down unless Jan sees decent additions to the side.

Northernhibee
18-12-2011, 04:11 PM
the side has been more organised and have defended better as a unit. No shortage of effort either. But they are still murder. So i am cocncerned we are gonna go down unless Jan sees decent additions to the side.Expecting us to be like Barca in two games? It'll be a gradual incline, and improvements in Spoony, Stephens, Hart, Stevenson and others should give us some optimism.

Craig_in_Prague
18-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Expecting us to be like Barca in two games? It'll be a gradual incline, and improvements in Spoony, Stephens, Hart, Stevenson and others should give us some optimism.Enough of the cheeky comments. Ive admitted improvement in the organisation and effort. But the players we have are not good enough. Is that too hard to grasp.

Northernhibee
18-12-2011, 04:42 PM
Enough of the cheeky comments. Ive admitted improvement in the organisation and effort. But the players we have are not good enough. Is that too hard to grasp.Yes it is, we have Sproule, Spoony, Sparky, Gaz, Stack, Hanlon, Osbourne, Booth, Murray - the makings of a good team.We need to get what we have playing as well as we can rather than having a clearout every transfer window.You don't pick the team - Fenlon does. Time to support and encourage the players we do have, of which we've not seen play near to their full potential.

Craig_in_Prague
18-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Well if we have so many good players then I'm convinced our lowly position is soon to be much improved upon whilst our home form might even pick up in '12 to see us win a handful of games. Ps i'm glad to be informed i don't pick the team. All those wasted faxes.

NAE NOOKIE
18-12-2011, 05:04 PM
Its no certainty that we will go down, theres a lot of the season still to go before anything is decided.

We have certainly improved under PF but I am concerned that even with that we have still lost the two full games we have played since he joined. I think he is and will be a good manager for us, but I also think that he needs to be supported by the board in January as it seems that we dont have the quality in the team to create chances the way we need to.

If we continue to fail to pick up the points we need to reach safety by March then we could end up with one of these scenarios where 6,000 of us are going to be crossing the bridge for a winner takes all showdown with the Pars, or worse than that ICT.

What does worry me is that if we do go down it wont be like the last time with 10,000 and more at every home game and the fans willing to pay SPL prices for SFL football. To be honest for many fans my age who have seen us relegated too many times already this could be one too many.

If RP and STF dont come up with some decent cash in January then they really are missing the big picture. The best way I can sum it up is to quote the character Sam Quint in the film Jaws.

" Do you want to anti up now and get back to putting your business on a payin' basis, or play it cheap and be on welfare the whole winter "

Over to you Messrs Petrie & Farmer.

RickyS
18-12-2011, 05:07 PM
Enough of the cheeky comments. Ive admitted improvement in the organisation and effort. But the players we have are not good enough. Is that too hard to grasp.

this is right i think, the issue is a lack of quality. a lower standard of player than teams with half the budget

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2011, 05:16 PM
this is right i think, the issue is a lack of quality. a lower standard of player than teams with half the budget

Thats what i have said all along, yet there's still some folk out there who either dont want to admit they are wrong, or dont open their eyes when going to the games.

We make all sorts of excuses, the fans are getting on their backs, the weathers not very good my latest favorite. The real reason is we are sheite.

The_Todd
18-12-2011, 06:12 PM
Hibs need 15 more points go stay up. The pars are rank and have been lucky to get four pints of us. As such I think they are certs to go down.

Lucky to or not, they still managed to.

nortonhibby
18-12-2011, 06:15 PM
Its no certainty that we will go down, theres a lot of the season still to go before anything is decided.

We have certainly improved under PF but I am concerned that even with that we have still lost the two full games we have played since he joined. I think he is and will be a good manager for us, but I also think that he needs to be supported by the board in January as it seems that we dont have the quality in the team to create chances the way we need to.

If we continue to fail to pick up the points we need to reach safety by March then we could end up with one of these scenarios where 6,000 of us are going to be crossing the bridge for a winner takes all showdown with the Pars, or worse than that ICT.

What does worry me is that if we do go down it wont be like the last time with 10,000 and more at every home game and the fans willing to pay SPL prices for SFL football. To be honest for many fans my age who have seen us relegated too many times already this could be one too many.

If RP and STF dont come up with some decent cash in January then they really are missing the big picture. The best way I can sum it up is to quote the character Sam Quint in the film Jaws.

" Do you want to anti up now and get back to putting your business on a payin' basis, or play it cheap and be on welfare the whole winter "

Over to you Messrs Petrie & Farmer.

Very good post but the word cheap and RP go hand in glove together i would not bet on RP Splashing the cash i hope he does though if the pars can evtually put some results together the added pressure will only make us worse than it is now.

Barney McGrew
18-12-2011, 06:31 PM
Very good post but the word cheap and RP go hand in glove together i would not bet on RP Splashing the cash i hope he does though if the pars can evtually put some results together the added pressure will only make us worse than it is now.

How many teams in the SPL spend more on their squad than Hibs?

PaulSmith
18-12-2011, 06:35 PM
It's pretty simple for me, either the Board somehow manage to fund the acquisition of two if not three quality players then we'll end up anywhere in the bottom 3. When I mean quality it's someone who isn't a gamble, a proven pedigree that can come in and lift the club. If it costs the club £400k in extra wages between now and the end of the season then so be it, the implications of just thinking that we can gamble again on staying up with either the current players or ones that are quite frankly no better than what we have is unthinkable.

nortonhibby
18-12-2011, 06:47 PM
How many teams in the SPL spend more on their squad than Hibs?

what has already been spent is gone thats in the past and has got us what we have now on the pitch which has got us to joint bottom of the League.

A Fresh budget must be made available in the Jan Window for PF To bring in his players he can also try to get the best out of the current squad.

Barney McGrew
18-12-2011, 06:54 PM
what has already been spent is gone thats in the past and has got us what we have now on the pitch which has got us to joint bottom of the League.

A Fresh budget must be made available in the Jan Window for PF To bring in his players he can also try to get the best out of the current squad.

You're right it's already been spent. But that doesn't really match up with your assertion that Petrie and cheap go hand in hand, especially when we spend more on players than eight of the other eleven SPL teams.

I'm sure there will be money available in January, the same has there has been in every transfer window I can remember.

Eyrie
18-12-2011, 07:41 PM
We're not going to see seven or eight departures in January, so there won't be seven or eight new players arriving either. What we should expect is Fenlon to bring in three or four players at positions of weakness and whether these are signings or loan deals is irrelevant as long as they help us move up the table.

Clearing out Calderwood's crap will have to wait until the summer.

brydekirk
18-12-2011, 08:01 PM
A right back, left back, ch, midfielder & a stricker. Thats only 5 players and in my opinio would ne enough to keep us safe. Hopefully we can offload thornhil, agogo and maybe another couple which sould not be so digficult.

HFC 0-7
18-12-2011, 08:22 PM

You should start a poll, it will be nice to see it well in favour of the manager, its been a while. We will need to work hard not to get relegated with the squad we have and Fenlon is already getting us doing that. He is doing something that Calderwood couldnt, we are defending as a unit. There might be some scrappy draws, we will get the odd scrappy win. In addition, he can bring players in in January. A creative midfielder would, imo, get the system Fenlon seems to be using winning, and against many teams, winning well. We are defending well at the minute, we can keep possession well at times, we just cant make the critical pass.

The way we are playing at the moment isnt pretty but for the squads benefit it will produce confidence because there is now shape and the team is working as a unit, players seem to know what they are meant to be doing. We are getting more out of players like O'Hanlon, Stephens, Wotherspoon and Stevenson. Although we havent won yet I think there is a bit of belief creeping back into the team.

Phil D. Rolls
18-12-2011, 08:42 PM
It's pretty simple for me, either the Board somehow manage to fund the acquisition of two if not three quality players then we'll end up anywhere in the bottom 3. When I mean quality it's someone who isn't a gamble, a proven pedigree that can come in and lift the club. If it costs the club £400k in extra wages between now and the end of the season then so be it, the implications of just thinking that we can gamble again on staying up with either the current players or ones that are quite frankly no better than what we have is unthinkable.

Makes me think of when we bought Murdo MacLeod from Dortmund. Changed days though, the equivalent now would be Charlie Miller, and it isn't gong to happen. Anyone got suggestions?

Jeezo, enough of this moaning folks, it's time to get on with it. Backs to the wall etc.

Saorsa
18-12-2011, 08:57 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-WgITKqaY5O8/Tai5dWIiwgI/AAAAAAAAAfM/uqSHXLyPb64/s1600/frazer.jpg

Kaiser1962
18-12-2011, 09:14 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-WgITKqaY5O8/Tai5dWIiwgI/AAAAAAAAAfM/uqSHXLyPb64/s1600/frazer.jpg

Your library of pictures is very impressive Dan :aok:

Kaiser1962
18-12-2011, 09:16 PM
You should start a poll, it will be nice to see it well in favour of the manager, its been a while. We will need to work hard not to get relegated with the squad we have and Fenlon is already getting us doing that. He is doing something that Calderwood couldnt, we are defending as a unit. There might be some scrappy draws, we will get the odd scrappy win. In addition, he can bring players in in January. A creative midfielder would, imo, get the system Fenlon seems to be using winning, and against many teams, winning well. We are defending well at the minute, we can keep possession well at times, we just cant make the critical pass.

The way we are playing at the moment isnt pretty but for the squads benefit it will produce confidence because there is now shape and the team is working as a unit, players seem to know what they are meant to be doing. We are getting more out of players like O'Hanlon, Stephens, Wotherspoon and Stevenson. Although we havent won yet I think there is a bit of belief creeping back into the team.

Not a hope in hell I will be starting any poll.

Agree with the rest of your post though.

seven nowt
18-12-2011, 09:32 PM
I don't accept we're likely to be relegated either. I've said before have in gest "We're going down" because we are ***** and there's no denying that. But there's a long way to go yet and the league is tight. Hearts could go and save us from relegation if we need to worry about that at the end of the season.

We can pass the ball around but we go nowhere and then the opposition are gifted the ball and they go away and score. But instead of trying to make a comeback, we punt the ball to Garry O'Connor who's playing alongside nobody and it never leads to anything. O'Connor scored most of his goals with Agogo and Griffiths up with him. I don't really see many players that look capable of much in the side. January transfer windows coming up and hopefully we'll spend some cash and get a couple of exciting players that can get us off our seats. As I say, there's a long way to go.

nortonhibby
18-12-2011, 10:21 PM
We're not going to see seven or eight departures in January, so there won't be seven or eight new players arriving either. What we should expect is Fenlon to bring in three or four players at positions of weakness and whether these are signings or loan deals is irrelevant as long as they help us move up the table.

Clearing out Calderwood's crap will have to wait until the summer.

clearing out calderwoods crap has to be a priority

Eyrie
18-12-2011, 11:19 PM
Agreed, but unless we pay players to go away then we'll have to wait for the summer when contracts finish.

silverhibee
19-12-2011, 11:57 AM
Agreed, but unless we pay players to go away then we'll have to wait for the summer when contracts finish.

Well we will just have to wait until the summer then, i dont think Hibs can afford to pay of players and also find money to bring new players to the club, i think we are stuck with the players we have, its up to Fenlon to try and get them playing better if that is possible with this bunch.

Steve20
19-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Well we will just have to wait until the summer then, i dont think Hibs can afford to pay of players and also find money to bring new players to the club, i think we are stuck with the players we have, its up to Fenlon to try and get them playing better if that is possible with this bunch.

If we have to go with the players we have now, then it will be a really close thing between us and Dunfermline to survive. These players haven't got what it takes to get any better.

silverhibee
19-12-2011, 12:30 PM
If we have to go with the players we have now, then it will be a really close thing between us and Dunfermline to survive. These players haven't got what it takes to get any better.

I would say Fenlon will bring in no more than three players in the January window, its how good these players are and hopefully they make an improvement in the team and get us away from the bottom of the table, if not then we are in serious trouble for a relagation battle with the Pars, cant see us taking anything of the Arabs this week, then we have ICT at home where you would think three points would be a cert, but we are struggling at home to pick up points and ICT will be up for the game on Wed 28th, then the Derby, :rolleyes:, could go anyway, Derby games are hard to predict but it wouldn't surprise me if we took nothing from that game, then the big one away to the Pars, that is a must win game for us for us, hopefully by then we will have improved the squad as we cant wait until the end of January to pick up players, if Fenlon has some players in mind to bring to Hibs then it needs to be at the start of January.

nortonhibby
19-12-2011, 01:47 PM
I would say Fenlon will bring in no more than three players in the January window, its how good these players are and hopefully they make an improvement in the team and get us away from the bottom of the table, if not then we are in serious trouble for a relagation battle with the Pars, cant see us taking anything of the Arabs this week, then we have ICT at home where you would think three points would be a cert, but we are struggling at home to pick up points and ICT will be up for the game on Wed 28th, then the Derby, :rolleyes:, could go anyway, Derby games are hard to predict but it wouldn't surprise me if we took nothing from that game, then the big one away to the Pars, that is a must win game for us for us, hopefully by then we will have improved the squad as we cant wait until the end of January to pick up players, if Fenlon has some players in mind to bring to Hibs then it needs to be at the start of January.

IMO We will get a point this weekend, also a point v ICT, A Win v the PBS lot, and as for THE BIG ONE V PARS

ITS A MUST WIN FOR US.

8 Points is my prediction.

Sammy7nil
24-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Thank **** for the Pars :cb

BoltonHibee
24-12-2011, 03:14 PM

We have to beat them though...is that likely?

LancashireHibby
24-12-2011, 03:19 PM
We have to beat them though...is that likely?

One point from six in games against them this season would suggest not!

Hibercelona
24-12-2011, 03:19 PM

Why do people keep coming out with nonsense like this?! :brickwall

We can't even beat Dunfermline, so I can't believe people are so confident that they're worse than we are. They're not! We stink to high heavens. If we can't create any sort of point gap between us and Dunfermline, they'll leap frog us next time we play them, because we won't beat them! :grr:

Edit: Sorry, not having a direct go at the poster, just fumming! :fuming:

Sammy7nil
24-12-2011, 03:21 PM
It is a Straight Match for relegation

The worst Hibs Team for many years v A VERY Poor Dunfermline team

Lets hope it does not become a battle in the last few weeks of the season - as we have a bunch of guttless

nortonhibby
24-12-2011, 03:24 PM
IMO We will get a point this weekend, also a point v ICT, A Win v the PBS lot, and as for THE BIG ONE V PARS

ITS A MUST WIN FOR US.

8 Points is my prediction.

Adjusted to 7 points after todays result.

Sammy7nil
24-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Adjusted to 7 points after todays result.

:ostrich::ostrich::ostrich:

:greengrin

The_Todd
24-12-2011, 03:30 PM
As I said elsewhere, the team at the bottom of the table at Christmas has been relegated the last two seasons. We're slowly being cast adrift with Dunfy and it looks like a 2 way fight to beat the drop.

We won't have a blank cheque book, we won't pay any fees and we have some deadweight under contract to get rid of. I hope PF has a good eye for a player, but the size of the task at hand (ie entire overhaul of squad) is massive.

greenlex
24-12-2011, 04:08 PM
Well be fine. Another coupleof signings in January and the jobs a good un.:agree:
Cheer up FFS nobodys deed. (apart fae Wallace obviously)

The_Todd
24-12-2011, 05:23 PM
Well be fine. Another coupleof signings in January and the jobs a good un.:agree:
Cheer up FFS nobodys deed. (apart fae Wallace obviously)

I honestly can't see one transfer window turning it around, especially when we're operating on the same scale as those around us in the league - ie frees and journeymen. Even if PF makes some shrewd signings in January, there's still most of the squad needing replaced badly.

With our recent history of signings assuming that just bringing in a couple of players will solve our woes is just a little too hopeful IMO.

HibbyDave
24-12-2011, 05:26 PM
I'm in the "think we'll be safe " gang however........if we delay singing players until the end of January then my views will change. I don't want to read about tight fisted policies/sell before we buy etc etc etc. We MUST get signings in as soon as January starts to have any chance of pulling free from the bottom.

Sir David Gray
24-12-2011, 05:28 PM
I honestly can't see one transfer window turning it around, especially when we're operating on the same scale as those around us in the league - ie frees and journeymen. Even if PF makes some shrewd signings in January, there's still most of the squad needing replaced badly.

With our recent history of signings assuming that just bringing in a couple of players will solve our woes is just a little too hopeful IMO.

I said last month when Fenlon came in that the state that the club is in is so bad that he required two years to turn things around.

Everything I have seen from Hibs recently tells me that is the sort of timescale we should be working towards.

Anyone expecting a few signings next month to be the start of a major turnaround is going to be sorely disappointed.

The Voice Of Reason
24-12-2011, 05:30 PM
I said last month when Fenlon came in that the state that the club is in is so bad that he required two years to turn things around.

Everything I have seen from Hibs recently tells me that is the sort of timescale we should be working towards.

Anyone expecting a few signings next month to be the start of a major turnaround is going to be sorely disappointed.

Spot on. :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
24-12-2011, 05:35 PM
PF has a horrendous task on his hands to turn this shambles around.... We have little quality, little fighting spirit, no guile, no creativity and no leaders on the park......Totally scunnered tonight.........