PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Russell Anderson

SteveHFC
17-12-2011, 03:01 PM
http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/2557740

ABERDEEN FC have been warned they face competition for ex-skipper Russell Anderson.
SPL rivals Hibs, who expressed an interest in signing free agent Anderson last summer, are likely to be keen again.
But Aberdeen FC boss Craig Brown has been reassured by the player’s agent, Blair Morgan, they will have the first option on signing the 33-year-old.

Saorsa
17-12-2011, 03:05 PM
http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/2557740

ABERDEEN FC have been warned they face competition for ex-skipper Russell Anderson.
SPL rivals Hibs, who expressed an interest in signing free agent Anderson last summer, are likely to be keen again.
But Aberdeen FC boss Craig Brown has been reassured by the player’s agent, Blair Morgan, they will have the first option on signing the 33-year-old.They can have 1st, 2nd & 3rd options on him as far as I'm concerned.

Kammy1875
17-12-2011, 03:43 PM
Much, much better than any of our defenders, would be brilliant at us and the leader we need.

Yes please.

Saorsa
17-12-2011, 04:02 PM
Much, much better than any of our defenders, would be brilliant at us and the leader we need.

Yes please.I'd rather have somebody who spent more time on the park than he did on the treatment table, thanks. Would be another Micheal Hart and another big wage wasted.

Beefster
17-12-2011, 04:04 PM
How many Hibs managers is that that have been, reportedly, interested in signing Anderson including Fenlon?

Weird.

Kammy1875
17-12-2011, 04:06 PM
I'd rather have somebody who spent more time on the park than he did on the treatment table, thanks. Would be another Micheal Hart and another big wage wasted.

So you would rather have Sean O'Hanlon or Ian Murray than taking a chance on Russell Anderson aye?

Kammy1875
17-12-2011, 04:07 PM
How many Hibs managers is that that have been, reportedly, interested in signing Anderson including Fenlon?

Weird.

He's a top quality player who, when fit will stroll the SPL. It's not rocket science that most managers would be interested in the player. :aok:

calumb
17-12-2011, 04:10 PM
So you would rather have Sean O'Hanlon or Ian Murray than taking a chance on Russell Anderson aye?

These 2 are ones Fenlon should be looking to get off the wage bill but i don't think replacing them with another crock will really help matters much.

Beefster
He's a top quality player who, when fit will stroll the SPL. It's not rocket science that most managers would be interested in the player. :aok:

That's the thing though - he's not been fit since 2007. The last type of player we need when we've already got Michael Hart.

The fact that we're continually linked with him is unlikely to be solely down to the pure coincidence of unconnected managers just fancying him either IMHO.

scoopyboy

When was he top quality again?

Most managers interested in a 33 yr old who will be lucky to have played 30 games since he turned 30, aye right.

Kammy1875
17-12-2011, 04:12 PM

Most managers interested in a 33 yr old who will be lucky to have played 30 games since he turned 30, aye right.

So no managers are interested in him then, none like Craig Brown who is desperate to sign him?

Look at our team, we're ****ing honkin and people are turning there noses up at Russell Anderson. Completely laughable. :agree:

Beefster
17-12-2011, 04:16 PM
So no managers are interested in him then, none like Craig Brown who is desperate to sign him?

Look at our team, we're ****ing honkin and people are turning there noses up at Russell Anderson. Completely laughable. :agree:

Because there is better out there. Just because we're ***** doesn't mean we should accept any old duffer just because they're a wee bit better than rank.

Saorsa
17-12-2011, 04:17 PM
So you would rather have Sean O'Hanlon or Ian Murray than taking a chance on Russell Anderson aye?Where did I say that? I'd rather have none of them actually.

Saorsa
17-12-2011, 04:17 PM
Because there is better out there. Just because we're ***** doesn't mean we should accept any old duffer just because they're a wee bit better than rank.:agree:

keep the faith
17-12-2011, 04:19 PM

This.

scoopyboy
17-12-2011, 04:27 PM

Craig Brown is an Aberdonian, Brown knows this and its sometimes difficult to get people to go noth.

The way you are taking it is if we don't sign Russell Anderson we won't be allowed to get anyone else.

Get a grip.

blackpoolhibs
17-12-2011, 04:38 PM

When did you last see him play, and how well did he play?

jdships
17-12-2011, 04:48 PM
Because there is better out there. Just because we're ***** doesn't mean we should accept any old duffer just because they're a wee bit better than rank.

:agree::top marks

edwards
17-12-2011, 04:52 PM
Russell Anderson was an excellent player when he was originally at Aberdeen second to none and would have liked him at Hibs then.
lots of rumours going around he has already enrolled his children in a school in Aberdeen already.
Hibs need to spread their net and it is going to take a lot of hard work but fingers and toes crossed Paddy, BB and Liam can pick up the players we need to change this team around.

R'Albin
17-12-2011, 04:58 PM
My Grandpa knows a guy who knows Aberdeen youth player Mitch Megginson, apparently we are interested..In saying that I have no idea why the hell Megginson would know?

Would be a strange signing.. :confused: And as posters above have said there is a lot better out there for the same price.

Kammy1875
17-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Fair enough, none of you rate Anderson. Lets just wait and see how well he peforms with Aberdeen and who we bring in instead then eh. History tells us it won't be much better. We haven't had a decent centre half since Jones and even he got pelters off the experts.

blackpoolhibs
17-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Fair enough, none of you rate Anderson. Lets just wait and see how well he peforms with Aberdeen and who we bring in instead then eh. History tells us it won't be much better. We haven't had a decent centre half since Jones and even he got pelters off the experts.

Hows he been playing?

scoopyboy
17-12-2011, 05:04 PM

Agreed, lets wait and see.

scoopyboy
17-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Hows he been playing?

Any other than " he hasn't been " is a downright lie.

Kammy1875
17-12-2011, 05:08 PM
Hows he been playing?

He hasn't been. That's why he's leaving the club that is much better than ours in a better league than ours and on a lot more money than we can pay.

Would you rather we sign someone like O'Hanlon who played most weeks for MK? We're not going to bring in Barasi for nothing you ken.

blackpoolhibs
17-12-2011, 05:09 PM
Any other than " he hasn't been " is a downright lie.

Thats what i suspected, how anyone can say hes a good player now is just guess work. He was a very good player a few years ago, but has had terrible injury problems, and hardly played any football in years.

Elephant Stone
17-12-2011, 05:11 PM

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/41576_55732666855_6698_n.jpg

scoopyboy
17-12-2011, 05:11 PM
He hasn't been. That's why he's leaving the club that is much better than ours in a better league than ours and on a lot more money than we can pay.

Would you rather we sign someone like O'Hanlon who played most weeks for MK? We're not going to bring in Barasi for nothing you ken.

Kammy, I'm not really wanting involved in an argument here.

If we had signed him from Aberdeen I would have been as high as a kite. That however was years ago, what makes you think he is any good now?

Kammy1875
17-12-2011, 05:13 PM
Thats what i suspected, how anyone can say hes a good player now is just guess work. He was a very good player a few years ago, but has had terrible injury problems, and hardly played any football in years.

So you reckon we are going to bring in defenders that have been playing well regularly and will definitely do a job in the SPL? Any idea when the last time we done that?

We're faced, especially in January with brining in player who aren't playing for there club and who the club find surplus to requirements. Russell Anderson is in that bracket. I would be more confident that he would do a job than someone we have never heard of because historically, in defence, they have all been murder.

blackpoolhibs
17-12-2011, 05:16 PM
So you reckon we are going to bring in defenders that have been playing well regularly and will definitely do a job in the SPL? Any idea when the last time we done that?

We're faced, especially in January with brining in player who aren't playing for there club and who the club find surplus to requirements. Russell Anderson is in that bracket. I would be more confident that he would do a job than someone we have never heard of because historically, in defence, they have all been murder.

Again, how has he been playing?

Kammy1875
17-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Kammy, I'm not really wanting involved in an argument here.

If we had signed him from Aberdeen I would have been as high as a kite. That however was years ago, what makes you think he is any good now?

There's no danger we would have signed from Aberdeen - he was on his way to a Premiership club.

I'm not sure he would be any good, but he would be better than the ***** we have at the moment. We are joint bottom of the **** fest that is the SPL and to say Russell Anderson wouldn't be an improvement on or off the pitch is rubbish in my eyes.

I don't want to argue either. You don't think he's worth the gamble, fair do's. I'm not confident we can attract better though is all I'm saying mate.

Dashing Bob S
17-12-2011, 05:17 PM
I'd rather have somebody who spent more time on the park than he did on the treatment table, thanks. Would be another Micheal Hart and another big wage wasted.

Nutshell.

I know our central defenders are inexperienced/not that good, but to try and drag into animation an old crock who hasn't kicked a ball since George Foulkes wore unsoiled clothing smacks of extreme desperation.

Kammy1875
17-12-2011, 05:17 PM
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/41576_55732666855_6698_n.jpg

True, I apologise. He wasn't good enough for a part of our support though remember?

Kammy1875
17-12-2011, 05:18 PM
Nutshell.

I know our central defenders are inexperienced/not that good, but to try and drag into animation an old crock who hasn't kicked a ball since George Foulkes wore unsoiled clothing smacks of extreme desperation.

Yes, and in a relegation dogfight we are extremely desperate.

matty_f
17-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Yes, and in a relegation dogfight we are extremely desperate.

No we're not.

Black Kyle
17-12-2011, 05:43 PM
He's been training with Aberdeen, Paw Broon suggested they'd have to shift some players to pay his wages. Dons legend, so let them have him. I'd be concerned about age, pace and injury record.

A signing to keep us up rather than forward looking. Not for me but good luck to him.

Kammy1875
17-12-2011, 05:55 PM
No we're not.

You keep believing in that then mate, this, hearts going down the pan, the tooth fairy and Santa.

We are bottom of the league in December. Tell me how it gets more desperate than that? Do you actually go to games and see what others are watching every week?

Kammy1875
17-12-2011, 05:58 PM
He's been training with Aberdeen, Paw Broon suggested they'd have to shift some players to pay his wages. Dons legend, so let them have him. I'd be concerned about age, pace and injury record.

A signing to keep us up rather than forward looking. Not for me but good luck to him.

You don't need pace to stroll the SPL.

How old is Anderson? How old was Le God when he came to us? Was he playing much @ Montpelier?

I genuinely don't want arguments but it sounds like complete snobbery people turning there noses up at Anderson because he's been unlucky with injury. We are bottom of the table ffs.

matty_f
17-12-2011, 06:04 PM
You keep believing in that then mate, this, hearts going down the pan, the tooth fairy and Santa.

We are bottom of the league in December. Tell me how it gets more desperate than that? Do you actually go to games and see what others are watching every week?

No, we're not.

I don't believe in the other things either, and I'm a season ticket holder so yes, I'm see it every week.

The league's not won or lost in December, nobody is relegated in December, least not the second bottom team in the SPL.

Still, you keep wetting the bed about it.

Kammy1875
17-12-2011, 06:08 PM
No, we're not.

I don't believe in the other things either, and I'm a season ticket holder so yes, I'm see it every week.

The league's not won or lost in December, nobody is relegated in December, least not the second bottom team in the SPL.

Still, you keep wetting the bed about it.

Joint bottom Matty, beaten @ home off the team level with us.

Any idea when, in your eyes we can start wetting the bed? Will it be before, or after Hearts go down the pan?

The League isn't won or lost in december, but we aren't as a season ticket holder, better than any sides in the League.

So again, when do you think we will become extremely desperate?

I suggest you start looking more towards the club we support instead of obsessing over our neighbours. :aok:

Barney McGrew
17-12-2011, 06:10 PM
Any idea when, in your eyes we can start wetting the bed? Will it be before, or after Hearts go down the pan?

For someone who thinks other people are obsessed with Hertz, you don't half mention them a lot.

matty_f
17-12-2011, 06:13 PM
Joint bottom Matty, beaten @ home off the team level with us.

The League isn't won or lost in december, but we aren't as a season ticket holder, better than any sides in the League.

So again, when do you think we will become extremely desperate?

I suggest you start looking more towards the club we support instead of obsessing over our neighbours. :aok:

Dunno where you're getting that I'm obsessed about those trampy ******* - the vast majority of my posts are about Hibs, I don't read Cutback etc. Pish myself laughing at them fairly regularly but obsessed? Not in this lifetime. Obsessed with one team and one team only - Hibernian.

We're not joint bottom. We're second bottom. We even have a game in hand which could potentially lift us to the heady heights of third bottom. If the league finished today, Dunfermline would go down. They are bottom. That is an indisputable fact.

We've got the January window to improve things and there's an awful lot of football (and probably an awful lot of awful football) to come between now and the point where anyone's relegated.

It'll become extremely desperate if we're still in this position close to the end of the season.

You can start wetting the bed now, if you like though. Don't let me stop you.

Kammy1875
17-12-2011, 06:16 PM
For someone who thinks other people are obsessed with Hertz, you don't half mention them a lot.

Is that your input on Russell Anderson or a personal attack on me BM? :rolleyes:

Sorry for worrying myself like mad eating and sleeping Hibernian and moaning about coming on here day after day and seeing the majority of threads posted about Hearts.

**** them, what will be will be with them. We are Hibs, this is Hibs.net lets concentrate on us.

Barney McGrew
17-12-2011, 06:20 PM
Is that your input on Russell Anderson or a personal attack on me BM? :rolleyes:

Take it personally if you like, it's simply pointing out that for someone who's mentioned people being obsessed by Hertz (and not for the first time today), you seem to make an awful lot of posts about them.

As for Anderson, if he can prove his fitness we'd be daft not to take a look at him.

Kammy1875
17-12-2011, 06:23 PM
Take it personally if you like, it's simply pointing out that for someone who's mentioned people being obsessed by Hertz (and not for the first time today), you seem to make an awful lot of posts about them.

As for Anderson, if he can prove his fitness we'd be daft not to take a look at him.

So your where pointing it out to have a personal attack on me then? Cheers.

Ahhhh your opinion on Anderson, I agree.

matty_f
17-12-2011, 06:26 PM
So your where pointing it out to have a personal attack on me then? Cheers.

Ahhhh your opinion on Anderson, I agree.

So you can make a (presumably) personal 'attack' at me for your perception of being obsessed with the dregs of society, but if someone does it back you greet about it?? Awwww.:rolleyes:

Kammy1875
17-12-2011, 06:27 PM
Dunno where you're getting that I'm obsessed about those trampy ******* - the vast majority of my posts are about Hibs, I don't read Cutback etc. Pish myself laughing at them fairly regularly but obsessed? Not in this lifetime. Obsessed with one team and one team only - Hibernian.

We're not joint bottom. We're second bottom. We even have a game in hand which could potentially lift us to the heady heights of third bottom. If the league finished today, Dunfermline would go down. They are bottom. That is an indisputable fact.

We've got the January window to improve things and there's an awful lot of football (and probably an awful lot of awful football) to come between now and the point where anyone's relegated.

It'll become extremely desperate if we're still in this position close to the end of the season.

You can start wetting the bed now, if you like though. Don't let me stop you.

Sorry Matty, I took it personally when you had a go at me for pointing out on another thread the obsession of Hertz. It's not as childish as others calling me a dirty hearts ******* (cause thats what they all are) so I'm sorry.

I suggest you look at the SPL table though mate, because we are on the same points as the side bottom. Nowhere near good enough for a club like ours.

January we have got to improve - guys like Anderson would do so. Don't you agree? O'hanlon? Murray? Anderson? who is your pick.

Fair enough for having the baws to leave it that long, I'm ****ting it now. We're terrible. Desperate for any help we can get.

Kammy1875
17-12-2011, 06:29 PM
So you can make a (presumably) personal 'attack' at me for your perception of being obsessed with the dregs of society, but if someone does it back you greet about it?? Awwww.:rolleyes:

I didn't randomly interfere in a thread to have a go at you Matty, I included your obsession (or lack of or whatever) in the post you said you don't think we are extremely desperate. :wink:

matty_f
17-12-2011, 06:39 PM
Sorry Matty, I took it personally when you had a go at me for pointing out on another thread the obsession of Hertz. It's not as childish as others calling me a dirty hearts ******* (cause thats what they all are) so I'm sorry.

I suggest you look at the SPL table though mate, because we are on the same points as the side bottom. Nowhere near good enough for a club like ours.

January we have got to improve - guys like Anderson would do so. Don't you agree? O'hanlon? Murray? Anderson? who is your pick.

Fair enough for having the baws to leave it that long, I'm ****ting it now. We're terrible. Desperate for any help we can get.

I didn't randomly interfere in a thread to have a go at you Matty, I included your obsession (or lack of or whatever) in the post you said you don't think we are extremely desperate. :wink:

You should probably get a thicker skin rather than taking things personally. :wink:

I never once said that where we are is good enough for Hibs. I've not seen Anderson kick a ball for years, so I couldn't tell you if he was any good or not. What I would say is that Liam Miller left Scotland with a great reputation and was fairly gash when he was at Hibs, so reputation isn't everything.

I actually think O'Hanlon is a player. It's my view that because he had a bad start folk are standing by their first impressions rather than acknowledging that he took a bit of time to adjust to the SPL but is now performing well enough in it. I don't know what Anderson would improve, really. Over the last two matches our goalkeeper hasn't been tested. He's been beaten by two penalties (neither conceded by the centre half positions). Nobody is winning loads of headers against us in the middle and our defence hasn't been 'turned' by anyone playing through us.

blackpoolhibs
17-12-2011, 06:40 PM
Still no mention Kammy on how well he's been playing? Is he fit, how are his injuries now, and what kind of wages would we be playing this crock?

As for not needing pace to play in the spl, try telling that to Michael Hart.

Kammy1875
17-12-2011, 06:43 PM
Still no mention Kammy on how well he's been playing? Is he fit, how are his injuries now, and what kind of wages would we be playing this crock?

As for not needing pace to play in the spl, try telling that to Michael Hart.

Replied to you Gary, he's not been playing but we won't get better for nothing.

All Hart had was pace, he's nowt else. Anderson's never been known for his pace. He's a leader and a no nonsense defender. :aok:

Kammy1875
17-12-2011, 06:48 PM
You should probably get a thicker skin rather than taking things personally. :wink:

I never once said that where we are is good enough for Hibs. I've not seen Anderson kick a ball for years, so I couldn't tell you if he was any good or not. What I would say is that Liam Miller left Scotland with a great reputation and was fairly gash when he was at Hibs, so reputation isn't everything.

I actually think O'Hanlon is a player. It's my view that because he had a bad start folk are standing by their first impressions rather than acknowledging that he took a bit of time to adjust to the SPL but is now performing well enough in it. I don't know what Anderson would improve, really. Over the last two matches our goalkeeper hasn't been tested. He's been beaten by two penalties (neither conceded by the centre half positions). Nobody is winning loads of headers against us in the middle and our defence hasn't been 'turned' by anyone playing through us.

Liam Miller had half a season at Celtic before going South, Anderson had held the sheep together for nearly a decade, there is a difference.

I have thick skin, I don't care about the personal attacks, in fact I like it. It's what I knew would happen if I don't paint the everything is ok, lets laugh at the ****s and don't concentrate on hibernian mentality of this website. Next it will be if I don't like it I know what to do - well a lot of proper supporters don't like it. I'm sitcking it out at telling it like it is though - if people don't like it I suggest thick skin.

O'Hanlon is a donkey, can't get near his man, gets turned inside out and jumps every time like he's in danger of giving away a foul. Your opinion though and I'm fine with that. You say he's a player and you wouldn't take Anderson though and for me, that's laughable.

blackpoolhibs
17-12-2011, 06:50 PM
Replied to you Gary, he's not been playing but we won't get better for nothing.

You are right, we got there in the end. No he's not been playing, he's been constantly injured for the best part of 3 or is it 4 seasons. You and i have no idea just what kind of a player he is now because of that. I'd rather we brought someone in who was a bit younger and fitter. Those players are out there, you cant say there's not, we picked Sol Bamba up for 100k, they are out there.

All Hart had was pace, he's nowt else. Anderson's never been known for his pace. He's a leader and a no nonsense defender. :aok:

Anderson had decent pace, could read a game well and pick a pass. Can he do that now?

madabouthibs
17-12-2011, 06:54 PM
I'd sooner have us working with decent young guys and looking towards the future than signing crocks at the tailend of their career looking to top up the old retirement fund. I'd maybe like some kind of inspirational superstar, but not Russell Anderson!!

Kammy1875
17-12-2011, 07:05 PM
Anderson had decent pace, could read a game well and pick a pass. Can he do that now?

Can any of our defenders? :confused:

Seveno
17-12-2011, 08:11 PM
Let's sign Anderson and Webster when he is freed in January. With that centre back pairing, no-one will get passed them..............

......... through the door to the treatment room.

hibsbollah
17-12-2011, 08:23 PM
Let's sign Anderson and Webster when he is freed in January. With that centre back pairing, no-one will get passed them..............

......... through the door to the treatment room.

I dont know how Webster fits into the Anderson non-story to be honest. The most obvious difference between the two is we've seen Webster have a number of excellent games in the past 12 months and he would definitely be an improvement on what we have.

Aldo
17-12-2011, 08:34 PM
Anderson has played 53 games since his move to Sunderland in 2007. About 10 games a season.

Was a quality player in the SPL but for me has not done enough in recent years IMHO to merit a contract.

Folk have mentioned Sauzee but sorry how can you mention the 2 of them in the same breathe. Sauzee was IMHO one if the best signings every made in my generation. Played at the highest level.

Not saying Anderson wasn't a good player but has not played a full 90 mins for more than a year.

In a word. No Ta

Seveno
17-12-2011, 08:35 PM
I dont know how Webster fits into the Anderson non-story to be honest. The most obvious difference between the two is we've seen Webster have a number of excellent games in the past 12 months and he would definitely be an improvement on what we have.

The link is the fact that Webster, like Anderson, has spent more than half of the last 3 seasons in the treatment room rather than on the pitch.

No point having a quality player if you can't rely on him being fit.

thebakerboy
17-12-2011, 08:52 PM
Think right at the present time our centre of defence looks fairly secure but Anderson might be a good addition , but I also think that Davie Weir on loan might be our best bet. Tin hat on due to his history but can you tell me a better centre half and leader available for the rest of the season anywhere?????

dunnit
18-12-2011, 01:20 AM
I think Davie Weir would be an excellent addition he knows the league inside out and knows how to win in it. If he didn't bring a winning mentality to this squad then i don't know who would. He has to be a better role model for the likes of Hanlon over his name sake o'hanlon, surely?

soupy
18-12-2011, 07:19 AM
I think Davie Weir would be an excellent addition he knows the league inside out and knows how to win in it. If he didn't bring a winning mentality to this squad then i don't know who would. He has to be a better role model for the likes of Hanlon over his name sake o'hanlon, surely?Put the drink doon, and get tae yir bed :-)

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Can any of our defenders? :confused:

Why do you keep ignoring the question, could you tell me if he can do these things now? If he can all well and good, but if he cant, why would we replace our central defenders with someone who's played 53 games in 4 and a bit years?

Niffy
18-12-2011, 12:44 PM
I'd be happy with old man Weir... he'd sort out the whole backline 1st day.

Dirty blue nose erse or not. Guid pro.

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2011, 12:47 PM

Dirty blue nose erse or not. Guid pro.

Not for me, imo we are slow enough without another slug in the back 4.

Dashing Bob S
18-12-2011, 12:48 PM
We have problems at the back but stocking up on geriatrics and crocks isn't the answer.

Saorsa
18-12-2011, 12:50 PM

Dirty blue nose erse or not. Guid pro.No thanks, the only reason he's lasted as long as he has is because of who he plays for. Do you think he'd get away with his elbowing, choking and jersey pulling if he was playing with any team out with the OF?

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2011, 12:51 PM
We have problems at the back but stocking up on geriatrics and crocks isn't the answer.

No thanks, the only reason he's lasted as long as he has is because of who he plays for. Do you think he'd get away with his elbowing, choking and jersey pulling if he was playing with any team out with the OF?

100% correct. :agree:

Niffy
18-12-2011, 01:17 PM
No thanks, the only reason he's lasted as long as he has is because of who he plays for. Do you think he'd get away with his elbowing, choking and jersey pulling if he was playing with any team out with the OF?

Good point... I may reconsider.