PDA

View Full Version : Leigh Griffiths available in the January window

SteveHFC
17-12-2011, 03:34 PM
http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2011/12/17/wolves-willing-to-cash-in-on-out-of-favour-strikers/

pedroorange1875
17-12-2011, 03:44 PM
id take him, but only on a free

BoltonHibee
17-12-2011, 03:45 PM

After today's performance? I don't remember his name being mentioned once today on the radio!

iwasthere1972
17-12-2011, 03:45 PM

:agree: It's the only way that Petrie would consider a sell on clause. Mick McCarthy knows Petrie. Tight as a payroll assistant at Hearts.

Sir David Gray
17-12-2011, 03:47 PM
After today's performance? I don't remember his name being mentioned once today on the radio!

:confused: Is this some kind of irony that has gone way over my head!?

Griffiths was suspended today because of his gesture towards the Rangers fans last week.

BoltonHibee
:confused: Is this some kind of irony that has gone way over my head!?

Griffiths was suspended today because of his gesture towards the Rangers fans last week.

Whoosh

East Coast Hibe
http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2011/12/17/wolves-willing-to-cash-in-on-out-of-favour-strikers/

I would take a punt on him. We have nothing up front. O'Connor is clearly not fit. I reckon Griffiths will be a good player for the Hibees

hibee92
17-12-2011, 03:49 PM
gladly take him

Sir David Gray
17-12-2011, 03:49 PM
Whoosh

Thought it might be!

Please do a smiley next time! :greengrin

BoltonHibee
17-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Thought it might be!

Please do a smiley next time! :greengrin

I can only do this one from the iPad :)

Kammy1875
17-12-2011, 03:51 PM
I would like him to stay, he would love to stay but the decisions is PF's and I trust his judgement and plans for January. :aok:

BoltonHibee
17-12-2011, 03:52 PM
I would like him to stay, he would love to stay but the decisions is PF's and I trust his judgement and plans for January. :aok:

Just as a matter of interest, why would you trust his judgement and plans for January? What are his plans for January?

Franck Stanton
17-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Worth keeping, after all, in the modern game what do you get for £150,000 ? There are players in the EPL that make that, [and more] every week. Def worth keeping.

Kammy1875
17-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Just as a matter of interest, why would you trust his judgement and plans for January? What are his plans for January?

Because I think he's the correct person to bring in players to come into the side to do a job. If he doesn't think LG fits into they plans then I can live with it.

:aok:

BoltonHibee
17-12-2011, 04:17 PM
Because I think he's the correct person to bring in players to come into the side to do a job. If he doesn't think LG fits into they plans then I can live with it.

:aok:

So in other words you hope he brings in the right players and you hope he has a good plan in January? You don't actually know what his plans are?

We are all living in hope, I thought you knew something

California-Hibs
17-12-2011, 04:21 PM
He's DEFINATLY a player who we should be signing on a long contract. Leigh Griffiths is a quality player and has already showed this with a few nice goals for us, he's quick, direct, and is the type of player who get's fans on the edge's of their seats. Hopefully we can get something sorted out in January and make Leigh a Hibs player long term! :agree:

LancashireHibby
17-12-2011, 04:22 PM
Don't want to sound a doom and gloom merchant, but I wouldn't fancy being saddled with his wages in the First Division.

Kammy1875
17-12-2011, 04:23 PM
So in other words you hope he brings in the right players and you hope he has a good plan in January? You don't actually know what his plans are?

We are all living in hope, I thought you knew something

In other words, yes. And I trust he will bring in the right players and has a plan for January. I don't think he would have been offered the job otherwise.

I don't know nothing bud, I'm crossing everything and praying to Allaha and the profits like the rest of us :wink:

BoltonHibee
17-12-2011, 04:34 PM
In other words, yes. And I trust he will bring in the right players and has a plan for January. I don't think he would have been offered the job otherwise.

I don't know nothing bud, I'm crossing everything and praying to Allaha and the profits like the rest of us :wink:

I don't think your praying hard enough :)

Kammy1875
17-12-2011, 04:41 PM
I don't think your praying hard enough :)

I am mate, it's just a bit of my prayers are on my coupon this afternoon - :greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-12-2011, 04:56 PM
No thanks..sorry

CraigHibee
17-12-2011, 05:19 PM

he was serving his 1 match ban for gesturing to the huns last week

BoltonHibee
17-12-2011, 05:19 PM

Really?

Beefster
17-12-2011, 05:23 PM
Griffiths has done nothing to justify us paying a fee on him in January. Considering the clamour on here for him to sign from Dundee, you could view it as a lucky escape.

Allant1981
17-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Hasnt really set the heather on fire yet but he is still young and needs to learn how to play in the SPL,&id sign him but hopefully PF has another striker waiting to come in

Sir David Gray
17-12-2011, 05:43 PM

Whoosh!

:greengrin

BoltonHibee
17-12-2011, 06:07 PM
Whoosh!

:greengrin

I expected one, but to get two :)

ancient hibee
17-12-2011, 07:31 PM
I expected one, but to get two :)

As the art mistress said to the gardener.

Kammy1875
17-12-2011, 07:40 PM
Griffiths has done nothing to justify us paying a fee on him in January. Considering the clamour on here for him to sign from Dundee, you could view it as a lucky escape.

Yep, because the fee we would pay would be better well spent on....for ££ that want's to come and play for us right enough :agree:

R'Albin
18-12-2011, 10:02 AM
Yep, because the fee we would pay would be better well spent on....for ££ that want's to come and play for us right enough :agree:

I really don't get your logic- you seem to think we should buy players just because they are slightly better than what we have now (also referring to Anderson thread).

Fwiw I think he would be a good signing, he has potential IMO.

Baldy
18-12-2011, 10:05 AM
Fwiw I think he would be a good signing, he has potential IMO.

signing players with "potential" is pointless right now ... we need players who are "players with ability" NOW not potential

Bostonhibby
18-12-2011, 10:11 AM

:agree:Not Hibs class:greengrin

To fail to even get a negative mention by Erkies like Preston is surely a sign of how far he has fallen.

Just becasue he wasn't involved in the game, you'd think he could have kept his end up by maybe getting spotted in an acceptable city centre bar the night before, pissin where he shouldn't, fighting some random stranger, decking a Yam player, crashing a car, or at the very least getting wedged in a bog window whilst trying to escape the paparazzi.

R'Albin
18-12-2011, 10:13 AM
signing players with "potential" is pointless right now ... we need players who are "players with ability" NOW not potential

I agree we do need players that have ability now. But that doesn't mean we can't sign a player with potential as well, plus Leigh is a decent enough player now, but could improve a lot imo.

andy1875
18-12-2011, 10:37 AM
We are in no position to be turning our noses up at players with the type of quality of Griffiths. He is by no means the finished article but if he was we wouldn't have a hope in hell of signing him. IF he is available permanently then it's a definite 100% sign him for me.

A hungry young Hibby with a bit of quality over another average journeyman every day of the week for me!

Bostonhibby
18-12-2011, 10:44 AM
We are in no position to be turning our noses up at players with the type of quality of Griffiths. He is by no means the finished article but if he was we wouldn't have a hope in hell of signing him. IF he is available permanently then it's a definite 100% sign him for me.

A hungry young Hibby with a bit of quality over another average journeyman every day of the week for me!

:agree:

Sammy7nil
18-12-2011, 08:12 PM

B]We are in no position to [/B] to pay his alleged £9K a week on a permanent move.
Leigh would have to take a massive drop in wages to make the move permanent

archiebald
18-12-2011, 08:19 PM

Ok we will just forget him-and he go to another team and score everytime he plays against us
then say on the thread we could have bought him for the future
SH TE :confused: HOW MANY TIMES IN 47 YRS HAS THAT HAPPENED IN THE TIME I HAVE FOLLOWED THEM

brydekirk
18-12-2011, 09:06 PM
Could get him for about £50k well worth it imo.

nortonhibby
18-12-2011, 09:28 PM
not good enough IMO Waste of money lower 1st divison player in Scotland at best Dundee maybee

PeterboroHibee
18-12-2011, 10:43 PM
No thanks, hes been awful so far.

Gmack7
18-12-2011, 10:55 PM
No thanks, hes been awful so far.
worse than sodje/agogo? keep leigh and punt these 2 please

MrSmith
18-12-2011, 11:01 PM

Agree!

At the very least ... Leigh tries! How many of this current lot do the same?

Sammy7nil
18-12-2011, 11:08 PM
Wages Wages Wages

Why is Everyone ignoring this ?

When did we last pay the same as an EPL club? It is thought he is on £9k a week he would have to take a 60% pay cut and that is if PF thinks he is worth £3k a week.

I would take him if he was being paid the same as Galbraith.

Eyrie
18-12-2011, 11:29 PM
Because we're discussing whether we'd like to keep Griffiths. I would, although that is based more on potential than production.

As fans we don't have to agree any transfer fee or wages, although I accept the latter could be a stumbling block. Griffiths has 18 months left on his Wolves contract but won't be seeing first team action for them any time soon which helps us.

Sammy7nil
18-12-2011, 11:32 PM
Because we're discussing whether we'd like to keep Griffiths. I would, although that is based more on potential than production.

As fans we don't have to agree any transfer fee or wages.

Oh ! In that case can we have Van Persie, Silva, Messi, and Kompany please :greengrin

Let RP worry about wages and fees :greengrin:greengrin

Eyrie
18-12-2011, 11:34 PM
Oh ! In that case can we have Van Persie, Silva, Messi, and Kompany please :greengrin

Let RP worry about wages and fees :greengrin:greengrin
Add Joe Hart and it's a deal :aok:

Andy74
19-12-2011, 09:05 AM
Wages Wages Wages

When did we last pay the same as an EPL club? It is thought he is on £9k a week he would have to take a 60% pay cut and that is if PF thinks he is worth £3k a week.

He's on nothing like that and it seems that Wolves aren't fussed about keeping him. Certainly do-able.

offshorehibby
19-12-2011, 09:23 AM
To be honest he hasn't relay done a lot, he has more bad games than good. With only 3 goals this season i'd be expecting a bit more. in his favor he is young an might get better/more consistent. If PF thinks he can do a job that's fine by me. We are needing players who can pull their socks up and lift us out of the position we are in.

blackpoolhibs
19-12-2011, 09:27 AM
I think he does have potential, but i'd not be making him our top earner should he want to sign permanently for us.

Judas Iscariot
19-12-2011, 09:49 AM
Get shot of Thornhill, Agogo, Sodje etc and sign Griffiths, at least he wants to be here for more than just his pay

MrSmith
19-12-2011, 10:00 AM
Get shot of Thornhill, Agogo, Sodje etc and sign Griffiths, at least he wants to be here for more than just his pay

Yes! However, I'm a bit confused re Thornhill because he looked a no bad player for us.

J-C
19-12-2011, 10:06 AM
Griffiths wants to be here and has a bit of get up and go about him, which is more than can be said of some of the players at ER.

MB62
19-12-2011, 10:23 AM
There is NOT ONE player at ER that I would keep. IMO every single one of them has had their chance to prove themselves and not reached a level consistantly that suggests they would be an asset to us.
P.F. has a HUGE job on his hands and right now I would bite your hand off for 11th place in the SPL this season.

silverhibee
19-12-2011, 11:17 AM
B]We are in no position to [/B] to pay his alleged £9K a week on a permanent move.
Leigh would have to take a massive drop in wages to make the move permanent

He is not earning that kind of money with Wolves, no where near that figure you have mentioned.

Yes he would still have to take a big pay cut to come to Hibs on a permanent deal but i cant see him doing that.

silverhibee
19-12-2011, 11:24 AM
Wages Wages Wages

Unless Hibs have done away with there wage cap, then there is no way Hibs will be paying that kind of wage for a player.

:agree: But that wont happen as he wouldn't sign for Hibs on the money that Galbraith makes.

PeterboroHibee
19-12-2011, 11:38 AM

When Sodje had a proper run in the team (not getting chucked on with 10 minutes to go), he was scoring goals. Not the best player but definitely some use in him.

Griffiths has more or less been playing week in week out and he has been awful. Really think the fact hes a Hibs fan clouds peoples judgement of him. Sure he tries but every time hes had a key moment under pressure hes fluffed it (arguably cost us against both Rangers and Celtic), his final ball is poor, his touch isnt great etc. Think there is definitely ability there but hes so raw, just isnt anywhere near good enough for the SPL yet.

If we did go in for him, then obviously I would still hope he does well, but I cant understand why we would be looking to spend cash on someone who has done very little so far and nothing suggests he is going to be the one to get us out of the mess we are in.

Beefster
19-12-2011, 01:54 PM
When Sodje had a proper run in the team (not getting chucked on with 10 minutes to go), he was scoring goals. Not the best player but definitely some use in him.

Griffiths has more or less been playing week in week out and he has been awful. Really think the fact hes a Hibs fan clouds peoples judgement of him. Sure he tries but every time hes had a key moment under pressure hes fluffed it (arguably cost us against both Rangers and Celtic), his final ball is poor, his touch isnt great etc. Think there is definitely ability there but hes so raw, just isnt anywhere near good enough for the SPL yet.

If we did go in for him, then obviously I would still hope he does well, but I cant understand why we would be looking to spend cash on someone who has done very little so far and nothing suggests he is going to be the one to get us out of the mess we are in.

It happens all the time - players and managers.

MB62
19-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Unless Hibs have done away with there wage cap, then there is no way Hibs will be paying that kind of wage for a player.

:agree: But that wont happen as he wouldn't sign for Hibs on the money that Galbraith makes.

Then it's :bye: :bye: to Leigh for me.
TBF he is probably a better player than Galbraith.

.Sean.
19-12-2011, 03:47 PM
I'd rather we had a team of folk like Griffiths than a team of donkeys and journeymen like Sodje, Agogo, O'Hanlon and Hart.

.Sean.
19-12-2011, 03:49 PM
Get shot of Thornhill, Agogo, Sodje etc and sign Griffiths, at least he wants to be here for more than just his payCorrect mate.

SteveHFC
19-12-2011, 03:53 PM

:top marks