PDA

View Full Version : Get most of these players out

Sergeant Hibs
17-12-2011, 02:32 PM
If these players cant beat a team like aberdeen they can **** off. I would keep Osbourne, Stevenson, Wotherspoon and Hanlon the rest can **** off Sodje a professional football player on about £1,000 a week cant put the ball in the net from 5 yards Stephens and O'Hanlon are bombscares. Do i really need to say anyhting about Hart. Scott offers nothing. Sproule, well, I forgot he was playing. Garry O'Connor can **** off to weejayland in January if he wants to coz he is an unfit lazy ******* and we need about 15 new players at least to be a decent team. I was one that could be accused as being a 'Happy Clapper' even under Calderwood but that was gash. The ref didnt help giving that sheep ****ging ******* a penalty for falling over but even when they get a harsh red card we still canny score feel really sorry for Fenlon oh no! Actually he is on at least £3,000 a week why would i feel sorry for him. This isnt me calling for his hea. This is me calling for some work done absolutely furious with that performace. Get it sorted

Makaveli
17-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Wotherspoon and Hanlon have been as bad as anyone.

Only Stevenson has been worthy of the jersey on recent showings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harry-hibee
17-12-2011, 02:40 PM
If these players cant beat a team like aberdeen they can **** off. I would keep Osbourne, Stevenson, Wotherspoon and Hanlon the rest can **** off Sodje a professional football player on about £1,000 a week cant put the ball in the net from 5 yards Stephens and O'Hanlon are bombscares. Do i really need to say anyhting about Hart. Scott offers nothing. Sproule, well, I forgot he was playing. Garry O'Connor can **** off to weejayland in January if he wants to coz he is an unfit lazy ******* and we need about 15 new players at least to be a decent team. I was one that could be accused as being a 'Happy Clapper' even under Calderwood but that was gash. The ref didnt help giving that sheep ****ging ******* a penalty for falling over but even when they get a harsh red card we still canny score feel really sorry for Fenlon oh no! Actually he is on at least £3,000 a week why would i feel sorry for him. This isnt me calling for his hea. This is me calling for some work done absolutely furious with that performace. Get it sorted

You get real

Sergeant Hibs
17-12-2011, 02:41 PM
I think your the one who needs to get real if you think these useless tits are good enough

Pretty Boy
17-12-2011, 02:43 PM

And breathe

harry-hibee
17-12-2011, 02:44 PM
I think your the one who needs to get real if you think these useless tits are good enough

I did not mention what i think but you want to wake up a smell the coffee

Hibees07
17-12-2011, 02:46 PM
You get real

Really, he is not that far off the mark with that assessment. I don't know why he would keep Hanlon though, all he did was punt the ball forward to an Aberdeen head and has played almost every game in our glorious season, maybe that say's something.

sesoim
17-12-2011, 02:49 PM

And even then, what is our win-draw-loss record with Stevenson in it? After the 2007 Cup Final, most of his appearances seem to have conicided with us playing poorly. Like most other players, he takes very little responsibiility, only making easy passes.

Booth is about the only player I'd definitely keep out of that current squad. A handful of others have potential, but Fenlon will have to be a good manager to get anything out of them.

down the slope
17-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Remember where the fault lies ?, if our chairman had got Fenlon in at the start of the season instead of singing the praises of the CC then we might have half a chance of staying up. Best chairman we have ever had my erse.

Makaveli
17-12-2011, 02:56 PM
And even then, what is our win-draw-loss record with Stevenson in it? After the 2007 Cup Final, most of his appearances seem to have conicided with us playing poorly. Like most other players, he takes very little responsibiility, only making easy passes.

Booth is about the only player I'd definitely keep out of that current squad. A handful of others have potential, but Fenlon will have to be a good manager to get anything out of them.

Probably no worse than our win-loss record without him? Making easy passes is his job, the problem is they go to guys like Wotherspoon.

In an ideal world Stevenson isn't a guy I see as worthy of a Hibs starting 11 but he's been a standout, along with Osbourne it should be said, in recent weeks.

Fully agree re: Booth, he should be in the side whenever available.

sbell1875
17-12-2011, 03:13 PM
This season has been dire but today I feel like we have hit a new level of mediocrity. Of the starting 11 I would keep about 3.

Hart, Sodje, Stephens, O'Hanlon, Scott and Sproule were nigh on totally oblivious today and offered literally no quality to our team. Poor refereeing has ultimately cost us the game but it was a game I felt we deserved nothing from.

January cannot come soon enough for me. The sooner a lot of these players are moved on the better. Although, I can't see any manager in their right mind being prepared to take them on.

carnoustiehibee
17-12-2011, 03:21 PM

you would keep hanlon? jeezy peeps

BoltonHibee
17-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Remember where the fault lies ?, if our chairman had got Fenlon in at the start of the season instead of singing the praises of the CC then we might have half a chance of staying up. Best chairman we have ever had my erse.

The untouchable!!

Saorsa
17-12-2011, 03:42 PM

The untouchable!!The Teflon One :agree:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/teflon1.jpg

BoltonHibee
17-12-2011, 03:43 PM
The Teflon One :agree:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/teflon1.jpg

Brilliant picture :)

Kammy1875
17-12-2011, 03:54 PM
I would keep Hanlon, DW, Booth, Hanlon, Stephens, Garry & Ozzy.

The rest can do one. Stevenson is in the middle of his 4 good games a season and doesn't deserve another contract.

carnoustiehibee
17-12-2011, 04:00 PM
I would keep Hanlon, DW, Booth, Hanlon, Stephens, Garry & Ozzy.

The rest can do one. Stevenson is in the middle of his 4 good games a season and doesn't deserve another contract.

how can anyone keep hanlon? his positioning, passing,marking, tackling, thro ins, etc etc are all pish poor. will be playing with kerr soon at arbroath

BoltonHibee
17-12-2011, 04:02 PM
how can anyone keep hanlon? his positioning, passing,marking, tackling, thro ins, etc etc are all pish poor. will be playing with kerr soon at arbroath

Agree, slow and lumbering too.

Pretty Boy
17-12-2011, 04:05 PM

He was at fault today for the goal, well the ref was but Hanlon made the initial error. He was far too close to his man and turned far too easily, then left for dead when Pawlett did turn away from him.

What folk see in him is beyond me. As mediocre as anyone else in our current squad.

Kammy1875
17-12-2011, 04:08 PM

He's quality for Scotland Under 21s so there is a player in there. Potential is the key word amigo.

BoltonHibee
17-12-2011, 04:09 PM
He's quality for Scotland Under 21s so there is a player in there. Potential is the key word amigo.

Quality is not a word I would use when he is playing for Scotland U21 or Hibs

Kammy1875
17-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Quality is not a word I would use when he is playing for Scotland U21 or Hibs

Cool, your opinions different :aok:

Pretty Boy
17-12-2011, 04:13 PM

How long can we keep using potential as an excuse.

He's been a 1st team player for almost 4 seasons as well as spells on loan. He's had plenty time to show signs of improvement.

BoltonHibee
17-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Cool, your opinions different :aok:

I'd just like to know or understand what you see in him, differing opinions are ok :)

Kammy1875
17-12-2011, 04:20 PM

He's been a 1st team player for almost 4 seasons as well as spells on loan. He's had plenty time to show signs of improvement.

He has improved in these four years.

Can we use the excuse of 2 piss poor managers who have stalled his career by constantly changing his position and using donkeys like OHanlon beside him as well as mid fielders who are slow and don't defend?

Saorsa
17-12-2011, 04:21 PM

He's been a 1st team player for almost 4 seasons as well as spells on loan. He's had plenty time to show signs of improvement.Aye and look at the teams both he and Wotherspoon have been playing in and the managers we've had for the last 4 seasons, they've been rank. Stevenson came in and failed tae develop the potential he showed, Wotherspoon and Hanlon have both suffered similarly IMO. I dinnae think the quality of young players we have produced has been the problem, they all seem tae have gone downhill when they reached the 1st team for some reason.

tamig
17-12-2011, 04:22 PM

Ffs. Are you blaming Stevenson for our current position? I don't think it's any coincidence that his performances have picked up since PF arrived. He seems to respond to genuine hard graft. If there were more with Lewis's attitude, I don't think we'd be in such a position.

And the guy took plenty responsibility today. Always looking for the ball and keeping us in possession. If every player made simple passes, we wouldn't give the ball away.

What a strange view you have :rolleyes:

Jim44
17-12-2011, 04:27 PM
This season has been dire but today I feel like we have hit a new level of mediocrity. Of the starting 11 I would keep about 3.

Hart, Sodje, Stephens, O'Hanlon, Scott and Sproule were nigh on totally oblivious today and offered literally no quality to our team. Poor refereeing has ultimately cost us the game but it was a game I felt we deserved nothing from.

January cannot come soon enough for me. The sooner a lot of these players are moved on the better. Although, I can't see any manager in their right mind being prepared to take them on.

Exactly. The board must give Fenlon a significant amount of money to bring in a few decent players. I'm sure they will because a fool can see that the present squad is totally incapable of putting a run of results together.

calumb
17-12-2011, 04:32 PM

Stevenson record for games he has played in is something like - won 40, drawn 36 and lost 48.

If the team could have that sort of record from now till the end of the season we would be ok.

hibsbollah
17-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Losing against relegation competition is always disappointing, but personally, i'm not that dispirited. We were missing our most influential midfielder and we still had the best of the game. We will not, in my opinion, get relegated.

carnoustiehibee
17-12-2011, 04:39 PM
theres loads of players who did well at u21 and disappeared from football, and i think he will be another.

on a side note, whats happened to callum booth?

Spike Mandela
17-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Seriously, is there anyone in the Hibs team you would be bothered about losing?

Beefster
17-12-2011, 05:07 PM
None of them are good enough. The fact that someone as mediocre as Stevenson stands out just shows how ***** the rest of them are. Irrespective of how much better than Hart Stevenson looks, he's not good enough for where Hibs should be aiming.

Edit: If Wotherspoon and Hanlon hadn't come through our system, no-one would be wanting them kept either. Stephens has out-performed them almost every time he's played yet isn't as well-considered as those two.

Kammy1875
17-12-2011, 05:09 PM
Seriously, is there anyone in the Hibs team you would be bothered about losing?

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXJ9bPvSDwbpgSaPzTN3ba42vAHqqG-V0yQ14pMRJmBrW9CCBUfA

Alfred E Newman
17-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Ffs. Are you blaming Stevenson for our current position? I don't think it's any coincidence that his performances have picked up since PF arrived. He seems to respond to genuine hard graft. If there were more with Lewis's attitude, I don't think we'd be in such a position.

And the guy took plenty responsibility today. Always looking for the ball and keeping us in possession. If every player made simple passes, we wouldn't give the ball away.

What a strange view you have :rolleyes:

:agree: To single out Stevenson as the reason for all our woes is ridiculous. He is no world beater but was the best player in a Hibs jersey today by a long way. Maybe that says more about the quality of the current squad than anything .

TowerHibs
17-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Agree, slow and lumbering too.

at last something to agree with you on. not rated Hanlon for years. Never a full back, and a soft touch centre half. Just saw highlights of game again, when the pen goes in, Hanlon puts hands on head, goes to knees and acts like game over. To think he was leading the team out

Albion Hibs
17-12-2011, 05:39 PM

You including St J away?

None of them are good enough. The fact that someone as mediocre as Stevenson stands out just shows how ***** the rest of them are. Irrespective of how much better than Hart Stevenson looks, he's not good enough for where Hibs should be aiming.

Edit: If Wotherspoon and Hanlon hadn't come through our system, no-one would be wanting them kept either. Stephens has out-performed them almost every time he's played yet isn't as well-considered as those two.

Could not agree more with the bit in bold. In addition Booth, who has played a dozen games, and was poor in most of them. Booth has age on his side, the other two dont.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-12-2011, 05:46 PM
If we had been able to field the same team as started against Rangers, I think it would have been a different outcome. Ozzy is a big player for us, and keeping him match fit will be crucial going forward.

Albion Hibs
17-12-2011, 05:50 PM
If we had been able to field the same team as started against Rangers, I think it would have been a different outcome. Ozzy is a big player for us, and keeping him match fit will be crucial going forward.

I would agree with that. In the first half I thought Scott did a decent job. Biggest disappointment was for someone who likes to take a shoot, he has a habbit, like Galbraith, of getting to the edge of the box and then electing to pass. Lost count of how many times today we got down the wing / to the edge of the box and failed to get the ball into the box.

for me this has to be a confidence thing, and the players seem no more confident with our new manager, and despite comments last week about seeing an improvement, to be honest I see none.

nonshinyfinish
17-12-2011, 05:56 PM
If Wotherspoon and Hanlon hadn't come through our system, no-one would be wanting them kept either. Stephens has out-performed them almost every time he's played yet isn't as well-considered as those two.

:agree:

BoltonHibee
17-12-2011, 06:06 PM
at last something to agree with you on. not rated Hanlon for years. Never a full back, and a soft touch centre half. Just saw highlights of game again, when the pen goes in, Hanlon puts hands on head, goes to knees and acts like game over. To think he was leading the team out

I knew we'd get there in the end :)

IFONLY
17-12-2011, 06:09 PM
Losing against relegation competition is always disappointing, but personally, i'm not that dispirited. We were missing our most influential midfielder and we still had the best of the game. We will not, in my opinion, get relegated.

It might be your opinion re: relegation and you are entitled to it, but at this precise moment I would not put a bent penny on Hibs staying up. Our form is atrocious and I cant really see where we will get points from in the forthcoming games. Today`s performance is just added to the list of the most dire performances from any Hibs teams that I have seen. Most of them coming this season. We cant always rely on the likes of Dunfermline losing every week!!!

Cropley10
17-12-2011, 06:13 PM
I would agree with that. In the first half I thought Scott did a decent job. Biggest disappointment was for someone who likes to take a shoot, he has a habbit, like Galbraith, of getting to the edge of the box and then electing to pass. Lost count of how many times today we got down the wing / to the edge of the box and failed to get the ball into the box.

for me this has to be a confidence thing, and the players seem no more confident with our new manager, and despite comments last week about seeing an improvement, to be honest I see none.

Maybe we just need to get Murray back in the side? :dunno:

Makaveli
17-12-2011, 06:45 PM
You including St J away?

Could not agree more with the bit in bold. In addition Booth, who has played a dozen games, and was poor in most of them. Booth has age on his side, the other two dont.

No, everyone was gash that day, but Killie before it and Motherwell, Rangers and Aberdeen since. I'd say it's fair enough to use the term "recent showings" to describe 4 out of the last 5 games.

The point about Hanlon and Wotherspoon being given the benefit of the doubt for coming through our ranks is dead on. If these guys had been signed by Yogi or CC they'd be laughing stocks by now. Wotherspoon has had 2 or 3 decent games since December 2009 and I can hardly remember Hanlon finding a Hibs jersey since then. Stevenson isn't the best but it's mind-boggling he can be singled out while others are putting on such consistently shoddy displays.

Tyler Durden
17-12-2011, 06:49 PM

Osbourne is clearly our best midfielder but this advanced role he's been given recently is not his game IMO. He's good at fetching, carrying and passing to someone more creative. The problem is we don't have that creative player. I'm not sure Osbourne would have made much difference today in the final third.

Although we're looking a bit more solid under Fenlon when we attack it's invariably the 4 advanced players on their own left to get on with it. If we continue with that system I can't see our scoring record getting much better.

hibsbollah
17-12-2011, 07:12 PM
Osbourne is clearly our best midfielder but this advanced role he's been given recently is not his game IMO. He's good at fetching, carrying and passing to someone more creative. The problem is we don't have that creative player. I'm not sure Osbourne would have made much difference today in the final third.

Although we're looking a bit more solid under Fenlon when we attack it's invariably the 4 advanced players on their own left to get on with it. If we continue with that system I can't see our scoring record getting much better.

I dont think Ozzie's had an 'advanced role' recently...he's been alongside Stevenson in front of the back four. If anyone is more 'advanced' than usual its Spoony, and to be fair hes looked better for it.

nortonhibby
17-12-2011, 07:20 PM

RP Has dodged more bullets than the guy i the Matrix Film he needs to splash the cash in the Jan Window Big Time.

Tyler Durden
17-12-2011, 07:21 PM
I dont think Ozzie's had an 'advanced role' recently...he's been alongside Stevenson in front of the back four. If anyone is more 'advanced' than usual its Spoony, and to be fair hes looked better for it.

Sorry but think you're wrong. Last week against Rangers Wotherspoon and Stevenson sat in front of the back 4 as a partnership. Osbourne was further advanced playing off O'Connor. Today Scott came in and played that role with the other 2 unchanged.

Scott Booth mentioned this in commentary today saying Hibs had the look of 4-4-1-1 with Scott playing behind O'Connor.

I didn't see the abandoned Well game so can't comment, but what I've described above is how we've lined up the last 2 games. What you have described would have been my expectation of how we should line up given Wotherspoon and Osbourne's skillsets (however limited). That was my point - that Osbourne's inclusion wouldn't have drastically helped as he's not a natural forwarding thinking player.

ancient hibee
17-12-2011, 07:25 PM

You obviously didn't see the Rangers game then.

hibsbollah
17-12-2011, 07:34 PM
You obviously didn't see the Rangers game then.

I was at Fir Park and the Rangers game...He looked as withdrawn to me against Rangers as he did against Motherwell. I could be wrong, of course. No need to get snotty.

cad
17-12-2011, 08:02 PM
Stack not much to do , went the right way ,should have saved the Pen

Hart and Hanlon ones an ex fullback the other isnt

O Hanlon no thanks

Stevens ,think the guys OK needs better players round him

Stevenson , as good as we have ,out muscled a few times today

Scott , I thought was half decent .

Spoons would be better in the Harp and Castle with me ,pointless 90 mins producing heehaw ,
his through ball for Garry O first half , which was called offside being his only contribution

Ivan , not very good

Garry done a bit , no luck .

Danny , not very good

Sodje muscle, should have scored .

Hart , Hanlon , Sproule , Galbraith , O Hanlon :no way:

Ref made a James of it , it wasnt a pen and it wasnt a red card

Pats a bit closer to the Jan window it cant come soon enough TBH

Northernhibee
17-12-2011, 10:55 PM

This is the problem - if a player works his arse off and proves himself worthy of being on the teamsheet, he still gets called mediocre.

Let's reward hard work and good performance with praise.

Shrekko
17-12-2011, 11:07 PM
This is the problem - if a player works his arse off and proves himself worthy of being on the teamsheet, he still gets called mediocre.

Lewis has had plenty of praise for his recent performances- and rightly so.

What frighten the life out of me and others is that many are now talking about him as one of only 2 or 3 you'd keep in the current squad. The boy has been a fringe player for 4/5 years and now he's 'first name on the team sheet' material apparently. Hopefully he maintains his form but it really is scary where we are at the moment.

Northernhibee
17-12-2011, 11:16 PM

What frighten the life out of me and others is that many are now talking about him as one of only 2 or 3 you'd keep in the current squad. The boy has been a fringe player for 4/5 years and now he's 'first name on the team sheet' material apparently. Hopefully he maintains his form but it really is scary where we are at the moment.

Thing is - Aberdeen had a team of Lewis Stevenson's today - hard grafting players who fought for it. None of their players are on near the same ability as a Gaz or Ivan, yet they came out on top.

Right now, I'd take a team of Lewis Stevensons.

Beefster
18-12-2011, 12:03 AM

Stevenson is a mediocre player IMHO but yes, he is not lazy.

I'll encourage him at the games but I'm not going to pretend that he's the standard that we should be aspiring to or that it's acceptable that he's been one of our better players lately (I'm loathe to say that he's played well because I don't think any of them have).

Albion Hibs
18-12-2011, 12:57 AM
To go straight to the point I would have Lewis Stevenson in my midfield team over David Wotherspoon every day of the week. No questions asked.

AlbertK86
18-12-2011, 07:51 AM
What about Galbraith and Sproule. Both worse than a man short. Never seen Galbraith play well since he arrived. Ivan very rarely takes the ball past anybody these days and on any occasion he does his crossing is brutal We have sunk to an all time low. Yesterday's midfield is surely the weakest we hae ever had, At the beginning of the season none of them would have been first picks for me. Not PF's fault..... Just a sheer lack of quality

MSK
18-12-2011, 08:15 AM
What about Galbraith and Sproule. Both worse than a man short. Never seen Galbraith play well since he arrived. Ivan very rarely takes the ball past anybody these days and on any occasion he does his crossing is brutal We have sunk to an all time low. Yesterday's midfield is surely the weakest we hae ever had, At the beginning of the season none of them would have been first picks for me. Not PF's fault..... Just a sheer lack of qualityThats the baffling thing about Ivan, he has the pace & the ability to do just that but for reason only known to him he doesnt want to do that nowadays ..on many occassions this season he has been in a position to drive to the byline & cross but has elected to turn back & play the ball inside or back the way ..it seems he has came back from Bristol but left a chunk of his ability down there. He needs to get that back pronto or he is gonna lose those fans that have backed him so fervently.

Galbraith is another enigma ..promises so much but flatters to deceive...

Aldo
18-12-2011, 09:39 AM
Thing is - Aberdeen had a team of Lewis Stevenson's today - hard grafting players who fought for it. None of their players are on near the same ability as a Gaz or Ivan, yet they came out on top.

Right now, I'd take a team of Lewis Stevensons.

Northern I would agree with you re GOC but sorry Sproule for me is nothing but an impact player ie coming in as a sub.

For me Sproule us a one trick pony who has lost his trick.

Craig_in_Prague
18-12-2011, 10:00 AM
Team has looked organised the last couple of games. No lack of effort either. Yet we are murder. Clearly we dont have the quality needed. This lot will take us down. Pat.. Huge month in Jan IMO.. Last chance to try sort it out. Otherwise i fear the worse.
We are an awful side everything was predictable and very laboured. Never felt so apathetic to hibs in my life.

Golden Bear
18-12-2011, 10:07 AM
If Sproule and Galbraith are to play in the same team again then someone should inform the Management that Sproule is at his best playing wide on the right while Galbraith is a born left sided player. They both struggled yesterday and were obviously not confident in the positions they were asked to play.

I'm no Jose Mourinho but it seems common sense that players will perform better if they're played in their natural positions.

magnificent_seven
18-12-2011, 10:22 AM
You including St J away?

Wotherspoon and Hanlon are 21 and Booth is 20. Hardly a huge age difference there!

People forget that Hanlon and Wotherspoon are only 21 because they have played so many first team games. Some of the abuse they receive is incredible.

BonnieFitbaTeam
18-12-2011, 03:26 PM
If Sproule and Galbraith are to play in the same team again then someone should inform the Management that Sproule is at his best playing wide on the right while Galbraith is a born left sided player. They both struggled yesterday and were obviously not confident in the positions they were asked to play.

I'm no Jose Mourinho but it seems common sense that players will perform better if they're played in their natural positions.

:agree: It's basic, basic stuff. Hibs are the only team I've ever seen with 5 in midfield but no width !

delbert
18-12-2011, 04:14 PM
I've watched Hibs for 43 years and this is quite simply the worst Hibs team I have ever seen, devoid of pace, passion, creativity and the ability to pass a simple ball to a team mate. There were dark days of relegation in the past, but all of the teams which I had the misfortune to see relegated would have taken 5 or 6 per game off the current shambles. Our best players are simple journeymen, our worst are utter duds, and pretty well all of them are wage thieves at present given the effort or lack of it which is so apparent on week in, week out basis, and the only thing which will keep this team up will be for somebody else to go into free fall, because we show absolutely no desire to fight our way out our our current predicament.

1 point out of six against the worst Aberdeen team in living memory, 1 point out of 6 against the only team below us in the league, a win at Inverness due to a goalkeeping howler, a win at home to St Johnstone due to a blatant dive (ask Billy Brown !!), lets not say we have'nt had any breaks, the last two examples bought us 4 points, we laugh at whats going on across the city but even with no wages they destroyed a team we have'nt even managed to beat, be in no doubt there is a huge crisis at both ends of the city, and I would take the fighting attitude and spirit of the players over at *********** against our spineless, gutless wonders anyday.

One can only feel sorry for Fenlon, and I hope he has the guts to face Petrie down in January and tell him exactly what is required and clear out these workshy imposters and bring in the 8 or 9 new faces which this team desparately needs. Relegation is no longer just a possibility but almost a certainty unless somehow this team has some fight, drive and passion instilled into it, and I don't care how it's done, because you can bet that both ICT and the Pars won't be lacking in that department as the season progresses, we are now in a mini league of 3 at the bottom, with No 3 going down, desparate days ahead.

Feed McGraw
18-12-2011, 05:51 PM
Wotherspoon and Hanlon are 21 and Booth is 20. Hardly a huge age difference there!

People forget that Hanlon and Wotherspoon are only 21 because they have played so many first team games. Some of the abuse they receive is incredible.

I think Hanlon and Wotherspoon are 22 next month. With the amount of games they have under their belts they really should be showing more. 22 is still young, but it ain`t THAT young, not for a footballer anyway. They`ll be the first to tell you it`s a short career.

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2011, 05:57 PM
I think Hanlon and Wotherspoon are 22 next month. With the amount of games they have under their belts they really should be showing more. 22 is still young, but it ain`t THAT young, not for a footballer anyway. They`ll be the first to tell you it`s a short career.

:agree::top marks:faf:

Ray_
18-12-2011, 06:19 PM

Alex Cropley was 20 when he won the first of his two caps & John Brownlie was nineteen when he got his & at the time they were already amongst the very best in their position, not just in Scotland but in the UK. 21, with their experience, shouldn't be used as an excuse, Booth on the other hand has played far less games, makes the difference far more than just the solitary year.

hibee81
18-12-2011, 06:33 PM

Lewis has been the standout player for the last 3 games and it shows, his attitude is second to none and its about time he was given a decent run in the side, he does the doggy work and simple things the right way, yes he is a little light weight but ffs give the guy a chance, yes hes been at hibs for years and seen more managers than i care to remember but at this moment in time going on performances he is 1 of only 2 players whom imo should still be playing for the hibees come may.

brydekirk
18-12-2011, 06:36 PM
He's one off owr own, tag.. Players with this tag are afforded much more time than a player who's been brought in. Fact.

Feed McGraw
18-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Alex Cropley was 20 when he won the first of his two caps & John Brownlie was nineteen when he got his & at the time they were already amongst the very best in their position, not just in Scotland but in the UK. 21, with their experience, shouldn't be used as an excuse, Booth on the other hand has played far less games, makes the difference far more than just the solitary year.

Aww Ray, it`s like talking about players from a different planet, not generation. I think I remember both their debuts, Brownlie`s against Russia at Hampden and Cropley`s at Pittodrie against Portugal or maybe Denmark ?

ancient hibee
18-12-2011, 06:51 PM
Aww Ray, it`s like talking about players from a different planet, not generation. I think I remember both their debuts, Brownlie`s against Russia at Hampden and Cropley`s at Pittodrie against Portugal or maybe Denmark ?

Anyone remember a 17 year old called Joe Baker?And don't anyone say its different times-he played against guys who really knew how to give a good kicking to youngsters.

RIP
18-12-2011, 10:24 PM
Changing the manager and squad every year is not the solution

It is the problem

In a nutshell

Eyrie
18-12-2011, 11:23 PM
The counter argument is that if the manager is as bad as Hughes or Calderwood and the players are as poor as those they sign, then there is a pressing need to change them every year.

The problem is that we have not had a capable manager doing a good job for us since Collins. I believe that has now been corrected with Fenlon's arrival, so once he has sorted out the playing squad we can look forward to some stability.

Ray_
19-12-2011, 03:54 PM

half right in both cases :greengrin, Brownlie's was in Russia [Pat Stanton was Scotland captain] & it was Portugal at Hampden, he made his debut with Bob Wilson in "The Doc's" first match. The Pittodrie game was Scotlands next match, against Belguim, when he was taken off injured, only to be replaced by a debutant, Kenny Dalglish. Alex injury was another serious knee one & this game brought a premature end to his Scotland career.

Sergeant Hibs
20-12-2011, 06:34 PM

:top marks

hibeeleicester
20-12-2011, 06:51 PM
I don't think there is a problem with the players.

RyeSloan
20-12-2011, 07:04 PM

If people can't understand the fact that Wotherspoon is already performing at a high level due to the fact he can clearly hold down a spot in an SPL first team in the middle of the park at the age of 21 and then fail to see that he has all the attributes to go on to be a great player then what's the point?

To be fair it's about the same level of sh*t that Fletcher used to get...too one footed, cannae jump, no pace etc etc etc.

nortonhibby
20-12-2011, 07:54 PM

Don Teflon will be here for a very long time counting the money and blaming everyone else for the problems but " nothing to do with me Guv "

blackpoolhibs
20-12-2011, 11:46 PM
Don Teflon will be here for a very long time counting the money and blaming everyone else for the problems but " nothing to do with me Guv "

I am not Petries biggest fan, but where i cant fault him is his backing of the wrong managers he's appointed. Each and every one of them have had more money to spend than almost everyone in the SPL.

This counting the money lark is complete bull, tell me what opposition managers spend more than we do?

SmokieJoe
21-12-2011, 02:09 AM
All these players spoken of that are in their early 20's have been played in more than 1 settled position since their breakthrough into the first team, many of them either have had injuries or not been given the chance to play in their favoured positions (eg spoony at the start of the season pleeding for a CM spot, and playing out of his skin there for the scots u21s) coupled with the last encumbant of the ER hot seat, and the one before come to mension it. these dare i call them youngsters have boundless energy and will to do well, bet they have had the lack of guidance on and off the field to contend with, write them off and get rid of at you're pearl.