PDA

View Full Version : I feel sorry for Pat

SteveHFC
17-12-2011, 02:19 PM
That he has to work with these useless *****!

Green&White
17-12-2011, 02:23 PM
Seconded! It's pretty obvious that there is somthing far wrong at our club. There is no way that the past 4 or 5 managers have been that *****. Somthing smells very rotten at hibs.

The_Exile
17-12-2011, 02:24 PM
We are f****d, end of.

Diclonius
17-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Don't worry, I'm sure in a couple months the "Fenlon Must Go" brigade will be in full swing and we'll have another scapegoat.

roondheid
17-12-2011, 02:25 PM
What a gutless bunch.. get them out of my club. :brickwall

NorthNorfolkHFC
17-12-2011, 02:26 PM
Can we not chant for "all players to go?" as opposed to subjecting managers to the sacking conveyer belt!!!

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-12-2011, 02:26 PM
We badly need at least 4/5 players pronto, no dig in midfield at all, a slight improvement in attitude but not making any excuses but it was never a penalty and that was the only way they were going to score against us, FWIW they are terrible as well, but we need new blood soon.

soupy
17-12-2011, 02:27 PM
I feel sorry for the fans who follow through thick and thin....

Depressing times ahead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joe breezy
17-12-2011, 02:27 PM
I feel sorry for him too, I don't see what else he can do....

BoltonHibee
17-12-2011, 02:28 PM
Yes he has been left a pile of steaming crap to work with, but he put that side and that formation on the park....we were never going to score never mind win.

Tough at the bottom

Elephant Stone
17-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Garry O'Connor as a lone striker supported by Scott was never going to work. We didn't deserve to lose but Fenlon needs to realise that O'Connor up front alone doesn't work and needs to take some responsibility, too. I thought we looked OK in patches and we lost because of a penalty that never was. We've still not conceded a goal in open play in Fenlon's tenure, I'm not too upset and I'm very confident we'll be well safe come the end of the season.

Sergeant Hibs
17-12-2011, 02:33 PM
Thirded, useless bunch of wage theifs

lucky
17-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Hibs were poor but pat must realise 1 up front does not work. Can he also leave Spoony in the midfield

HFC 0-7
Dont think there is much he can do with this bunch, although I would say that GOC needs time off as he isnt looking great, sodje looked better than him when he came on. I also think taking Ivan off hindered us a bit. When he went off there full backs pressed higher up and we never really got up the wings after that. He has got us defending better as a unit but with no creativity in the midfield we are always going to struggle to create anything. He does seem to be getting more out of wotherspoon and Stevenson that the last few managers though.

Pedantic_Hibee
Am I the only one (well, including my old man who's as pessimistic as they come) who thought our work-rate, tactics and shape were spot-on? If anything, I think it was a lack of cutting edge/individual quality that resulted in the defeat for which Fenlon cannot be blamed.

I thought we were cohesive, well-drilled and snapping into tackles and chasing and harrying their players.

I won't be panicking just yet.

Dan Sarf
17-12-2011, 02:37 PM
Am I the only one (well, including my old man who's as pessimistic as they come) who thought our work-rate, tactics and shape were spot-on? If anything, I think it was a lack of cutting edge/individual quality that resulted in the defeat for which Fenlon cannot be blamed.

I thought we were cohesive, well-drilled and snapping into tackles and chasing and harrying their players.

Totally agree.

Barney McGrew
17-12-2011, 02:39 PM

I thought we were cohesive, well-drilled and snapping into tackles and chasing and harrying their players

I'd agree with all of that. We are, however, carrying the kind of luck that teams that end up getting relegated have.

We might be more difficult to beat, but unless there's a number of new faces in January I can't see how we have anyone that can do anything to see us win enough games to stay up.

Elephant Stone
17-12-2011, 02:41 PM

I don't think having one up top worked, O'Connor isn't suited to that formation at all and was anonymous- like last week. Apart from that I agree, we pressed and tackled well but we lack creativity so much. There was hardly any width despite Sproule and Galbraith playing, the two full backs offered absolutely nothing going forward. Not a bad performance and signs of more improvement but we've a long way to go with some major personnel changes required.

BoltonHibee
17-12-2011, 02:42 PM

I would disagree with your points regarding work rate, tactics and shape.

With respect to the tactics I thought they were wrong to start with and baffling to say the least when they went down to 10 men!!

Now that is down to PF

Pedantic_Hibee
17-12-2011, 02:45 PM
Agreed, Barney.

What I will say though, whilst I thought we were actually well-drilled with a decent shape, Gary O'Connor's first touch was absolutely awful and was a big reason as to why we lacked that cutting edge.

Galbraith was the busiest and most inventive I've seen him and even Sproule got involved in the second half. Scott always looked available and comfortable with the ball at his toes whilst Stevenson was industrious and played his role very well. Wotherspoon I thought was the most comfortable and confident I've seen him.

Defensively, Michael Hart looks as if he's only one blink of the eye away from an error; Hanlon looked good, forceful and dominant at left-back and the big two fellas in central defence won everything aerially although O'Hanlon's touch was a bit hit and miss.

All in all, I don't think we were that bad, individually and most importantly as a team.

A bit more guile, pace and invention which will only arrive by virtue of new personnel and we'll be a different team. Famous last words of course, and words that have been uttered the past 5 years but I believe this manager has got what it takes to provide it.

In shape, work-rate, standards and team-work, he's made a massive difference already compared to the hapless, disorganised, biscuit-ersed attempts at application that we suffered prior to his appointment.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-12-2011, 02:46 PM
I don't feel sorry for him at all. He is the manager of the greatest club on earth, so if anything, I am jealous.

Pedantic_Hibee
I would disagree with your points regarding work rate, tactics and shape.

With respect to the tactics I thought they were wrong to start with and baffling to say the least when they went down to 10 men!!

Now that is down to PF

I called Sodje for Hart as soon as they went down to ten, with Wotherspoon dropping back.

Ye trying to say I'm a crap armchair manager, BH? :wink:

NAE NOOKIE
Poor Pat.

By the looks of it Alex Ferguson would have a job turning us into a decent team. Of course Pat hasnt had time to do anything at ER but the fact is that our losing streak goes on, despite a decent first half at Fir Park and a better effort against the current buns, which suggests that even our luck has run out, if we ever had any. Paw Broon on radio just now saying he thought Hibs played well. Maybe so but we still lost.

Like I have said before, its time our absentee owner took some responsibility here and if he doesnt feel he can or should, then he should find a buyer for the club.

According to them across the city they have two interested parties looking to buy them with their crap stadium and £35,000,000 debt. If that is true what does it say about our owner who doesnt want a football club and yet in 20 years has been ( it would seem to me ) doing a bloody good job of keeping a hold of one.

No I dont want him to take the huff and just walk. But I do want him to either put some money into the playing side of the club or try a damned lot harder to find an owner for the club who will.

BoltonHibee
17-12-2011, 02:50 PM
I called Sodje for Hart as soon as they went down to ten, with Wotherspoon dropping back.

Ye trying to say I'm a crap armchair manager, BH? :wink:

:)

Ferryhibby
17-12-2011, 02:50 PM

Agree, there is more fight and better attitude about them, need a few breaks and a ref that can actually see, rome wasnt built in a day the only goals we have lost since PF came in have been 2 bull**** penalties and a sleeping full back for the header, start from the back and the front lads will take care of the chances, were in a relegation fight and just have to match what caley and dunfermline do to stay in the league then wel see what happens nxt season.

RyeSloan
17-12-2011, 02:54 PM

I'm with you. Aberdeen couldn't get a shot on target and I thought up to the penalty we we pretty comfortable.

Sure we were not totally bossing the match but Aberdeen were doing absolutely nothing until they got the softest of penalties. Up to that point I thought it was a pretty effective away performance.

The goal seemed to knock the players a bit and our lack of cutting edge when they went to 10 was disappointing but I suppose that's why we are down the bottom.

From what I have seen Fenlon seems to have been setting us up to hold the opposition and then press up in the second half....sadly in both the Rangers games and this one we have conceded a penalty just when it looked like we were getting well on top.

Thought times for sure but I'm not with the OP in terms of despair.......yet. :greengrin

Franck Stanton
17-12-2011, 03:01 PM
Fenlons on radio just now, telling it like it is. Didn't think it was a penalty, soft award either way, thought Aberdeen player very unlucky to be sent off, stated he thought the only way we were going to lose a goal today was from free kick/penalty and only sat on fence about GOC 's booking for "diving" saying he would have to see it on tv and decide prior to speaking to him. Always comes across very well IMO and is making a difference to the team, not long enough in door to make us the force we should be but will get us there.

Bobo
17-12-2011, 03:04 PM
This has to be the poorest squad of players that I've had the misfortune of suffering for years!!

I'm struggling to count, on one hand, the number of decent games by a Hibs side since we won the cup in 2007. Almost five years on and we're still watching the same basic mistakes and poor execution of fundimental football skills.

We're on our 4th manager in that time and players still can't cross a ball, continue to stand back and let balls bounce, are too soft, too slow and can't pass etc. Everything that's poor about football can be seen in our players. It was hard to tell which side had 10 men today! O'Connor & Sproule were totally ineffective and should have both been pulled at half time and replaced by players who give a *****.

It's looking very poor for our chances of staying up and if the management persist on playing one lazy ******* up every game and surrendering possession to all our opponents then relegation will more than likely happen!!

BoltonHibee
17-12-2011, 03:10 PM
This has to be the poorest squad of players that I've had the misfortune of suffering for years!!

I'm struggling to count, on one hand, the number of decent games by a Hibs side since we won the cup in 2007. Almost five years on and we're still watching the same basic mistakes and poor execution of fundimental football skills.

We're on our 4th manager in that time and players still can't cross a ball, continue to stand back and let balls bounce, are too soft, too slow and can't pass etc. Everything that's poor about football can be seen in our players. It was hard to tell which side had 10 men today! O'Connor & Sproule were totally ineffective and should have both been pulled at half time and replaced by players who give a *****.

It's looking very poor for our chances of staying up and if the management persist on playing one lazy ******* up every game and surrendering possession to all our opponents then relegation will more than likely happen!!

I was trying to decide earlier if this is worse than the early 80's

soupy
17-12-2011, 03:11 PM
I was trying to decide earlier if this is worse than the early 80'sI would say so, its soooo bad.

Bobo
17-12-2011, 03:12 PM
I was trying to decide earlier if this is worse than the early 80's

I hate to say it but I think it is mate. :rolleyes:

Viva_Palmeiras
17-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Thirded, useless bunch of wage theifs

Wage thieves - do you write for a tabloid? Sorry but it's a bit too tiresome now.
I'd love to see folks try that line out face to face with a player. At least expand

matty_f
17-12-2011, 03:19 PM

I don't feel sorry for him at all. He is the manager of the greatest club on earth, so if anything, I am jealous.

Agree, there is more fight and better attitude about them, need a few breaks and a ref that can actually see, rome wasnt built in a day the only goals we have lost since PF came in have been 2 bull**** penalties and a sleeping full back for the header, start from the back and the front lads will take care of the chances, were in a relegation fight and just have to match what caley and dunfermline do to stay in the league then wel see what happens nxt season.

I'm with you. Aberdeen couldn't get a shot on target and I thought up to the penalty we we pretty comfortable.

Sure we were not totally bossing the match but Aberdeen were doing absolutely nothing until they got the softest of penalties. Up to that point I thought it was a pretty effective away performance.

The goal seemed to knock the players a bit and our lack of cutting edge when they went to 10 was disappointing but I suppose that's why we are down the bottom.

From what I have seen Fenlon seems to have been setting us up to hold the opposition and then press up in the second half....sadly in both the Rangers games and this one we have conceded a penalty just when it looked like we were getting well on top.

Thought times for sure but I'm not with the OP in terms of despair.......yet. :greengrin

Agree with all of you.:agree:

Paisley Hibby
17-12-2011, 03:38 PM

You're right. It's even worse than 1979. At least then we had George Best to cheer us up.

James70
17-12-2011, 03:52 PM
I thought the sending off affected Hibs more than it did Aberdeen. It just encouraged them to defend even more and we lost our shape and a bit of discipline giving away silly fouls in our attempts to get back in the game. First half Hibs looked comfortable and never under any real threat.

Things just aren't going for us just now and I don't think most of the players we have are as bad as some would make out. They just need to be organised and played in their best positions.

tamig
17-12-2011, 03:57 PM

Agree with all that ph.

TowerHibs
17-12-2011, 04:06 PM

Agree with this - anyone who doesn't simply is not realistic and just stick to watching the EPL or barca

For what we are and what we've got - we were pretty decent until the pen. They parked the bus and without any creativity in the squad, we would struggle to break them down! Saying that we still had the best 4/5 chances in the game

blackpoolhibs
17-12-2011, 04:06 PM
This is the worst bunch of dross, and we have had more than our fair share of it, that i have seen in my 40 odd years of watching us.

I cant understand what those who say we are too good to go down are watching? Calderclown has left us in a shambles, and this lot ARE bad enough to go down.

tamig
17-12-2011, 04:08 PM
This is the worst bunch of dross, and we have had more than our fair share of it, that i have seen in my 40 odd years of watching us.

I cant understand what those who say we are too good to go down are watching? Calderclown has left us in a shambles, and this lot ARE bad enough to go down.

Have you not seen any sign of improvement then? Nothing at all?

BoltonHibee
17-12-2011, 04:08 PM

Too true, although the signs were around long before Calderwood was involved

ancient hibee
17-12-2011, 04:09 PM
Obviously the plan in both games has to play the game tight and make it difficult for the opposition to score.In both games this has worked but the manager has been badly let down by players missing sitters that my mother(aged 98)could have scored.

Pretty Boy
17-12-2011, 04:10 PM

I think most of us have seen a bit improvement.

However we are still more than poor enough to go down. We are in a total mess and its going to take the one thing we don't have to sort it - time.

Jim44
17-12-2011, 04:11 PM
I thought the sending off affected Hibs more than it did Aberdeen. It just encouraged them to defend even more and we lost our shape and a bit of discipline giving away silly fouls in our attempts to get back in the game. First half Hibs looked comfortable and never under any real threat.

Things just aren't going for us just now and I don't think most of the players we have are as bad as some would make out. They just need to be organised and played in their best positions.

It's ironic that only a year or so ago when he was was managing Motherwell, Brown on more than one occasion said that having a man sent off in the opposing team was giving an unfair advantage to the depleted team as they would put in that extra bit of effort to overcome the handicap.

TowerHibs
17-12-2011, 04:11 PM

I certainly don't think it's the worst squad I've ever seen but we can certainly go down!! That I agree with!

I think we are a confident Booth and a new right back away from being better at the back, a zemmamma/shiels midfielder and a right winger away from being ok. Certainly think PF was the correct appointment

blackpoolhibs
17-12-2011, 04:12 PM

No, we are still getting beat. Stevenson has put a decent game in, Osbourne has had a couple too, but as a football team we are sheite. As a team trying to create, we are sheite. Defending, we are sheite.

Progress, naw. Fenlon has a mountain to climb with what calderclown left him.

BoltonHibee
17-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Obviously the plan in both games has to play the game tight and make it difficult for the opposition to score.In both games this has worked but the manager has been badly let down by players missing sitters that my mother(aged 98)could have scored.

Even if we had scored the "sitters" we would still be in the crap. We don't create enough chances to win games

TowerHibs
17-12-2011, 04:22 PM
Even if we had scored the "sitters" we would still be in the crap. We don't create enough chances to win games

Aberdeen have Won 2 on the bounce now and are considered close to top 6. Converting these sitters will lift us up the table. Motherwell didn't come close to scoring, rangers (I personally think) we stopped from scoring until hart pissed about, and I think we controled 60-70% of the game today away from home and again our keeper had v little to do. If u can't accept that the corner has started to be turned and we are 6/9 points away from getting a bit of breathing space then why do u bother?

I accept its still frustrating but to say we could score but still be bottom is mental. I used to agree a lot with u and blackpoolhibs but recently it's all negative in ur posts. We got a new man, almost everyone wanted CC out, transfer window coming up so let's embrace the changes that are very evident and see what happens

Gatecrasher
17-12-2011, 04:25 PM

:agree:

TowerHibs
17-12-2011, 04:26 PM
No, we are still getting beat. Stevenson has put a decent game in, Osbourne has had a couple too, but as a football team we are sheite. As a team trying to create, we are sheite. Defending, we are sheite.

No progress??? I can't agree at all. We look much better at the back and a hell or a lot better in winning the ball in the middle. Stevenson, Witherspoon and Osborne are doing v well. Yes we do not create enough but I can't see a single player in the team who can create. Hardly PF fault and I would like to think he knows this!

Ok no wins, not brilliant but no progress and no signs that PF is a massive improvement from CC is, I think, bollocks

tamig
17-12-2011, 04:26 PM

Jeez. Sure it's a results business but surely anyone who's seen the last 2.5 games can see genuine signs of improvement. I think PF will know exactly what he needs in January but I really can't see how you've failed to notice any sign of improvement. Your opinion though.

BoltonHibee
17-12-2011, 04:30 PM
Aberdeen have Won 2 on the bounce now and are considered close to top 6. Converting these sitters will lift us up the table. Motherwell didn't come close to scoring, rangers (I personally think) we stopped from scoring until hart pissed about, and I think we controled 60-70% of the game today away from home and again our keeper had v little to do. If u can't accept that the corner has started to be turned and we are 6/9 points away from getting a bit of breathing space then why do u bother?

I accept its still frustrating but to say we could score but still be bottom is mental. I used to agree a lot with u and blackpoolhibs but recently it's all negative in ur posts. We got a new man, almost everyone wanted CC out, transfer window coming up so let's embrace the changes that are very evident and see what happens

What I'm saying is if we had converted the sitter v Rangers, we were still beaten 2 nil or 2 1 if we had scored. We were never going to beat Rangers as poor as they were even if we had scored...result either way, 0 points. If we had scored the sitter against Aberdeen, 1 all....Result 1 point.

I cannot see any corner that has been turned or likely to be turned in the short term. I do not blame the current manager for this, I do think he has an impossible task on his hands, this decline is years old. His only, chance is if he is successful inJanuary's transfer window which is a notoriously difficult month to transact many meaningful deals.

To win games we need to concede fewer goals than we score. To score goals and many of them, we need to create more than 1 a game.

blackpoolhibs
17-12-2011, 04:30 PM

Of course its frustrating, but when you say Aberdeen have won 2 on the bounce and are now being considered close to a top 6 side, you do know ITS ABERDEEN YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT NOT HIBS?

We could have controlled 99% of this game or any of the rest, but we have not, and we have not won 2 on the trott but lost another game. Not Fenlons fault, but i dont envy his job, even Boltonhibs would struggle to get this lot winning.

TowerHibs
17-12-2011, 04:32 PM
Jeez. Sure it's a results business but surely anyone who's seen the last 2.5 games can see genuine signs of improvement. I think PF will know exactly what he needs in January but I really can't see how you've failed to notice any sign of improvement. Your opinion though.

Agree - its all about opinions and healthy that we have differed options. However to point blanky refuse that there isn't a difference between PF team and CC is strange! Must be a shortage of pastry or rag pudding in that part of the world!!!!

KeithTheHibby
17-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Garry O'Connor as a lone striker supported by Scott was never going to work. We didn't deserve to lose but Fenlon needs to realise that O'Connor up front alone doesn't work and needs to take some responsibility, too. I thought we looked OK in patches and we lost because of a penalty that never was. We've still not conceded a goal in open play in Fenlon's tenure, I'm not too upset and I'm very confident we'll be well safe come the end of the season.

We create next to nothing and cannot score goals.

Unless PF brings in some players who do this come January I see us in a right battle to avoid the drop.

TowerHibs
17-12-2011, 04:36 PM
What I'm saying is if we had converted the sitter v Rangers, we were still beaten 2 nil or 2 1 if we had scored. We were never going to beat Rangers as poor as they were even if we had scored...result either way, 0 points. If we had scored the sitter against Aberdeen, 1 all....Result 1 point.

I cannot see any corner that has been turned or likely to be turned in the short term. I do not blame the current manager for this, I do think he has an impossible task on his hands, this decline is years old. His only, chance is if he is successful inJanuary's transfer window which is a notoriously difficult month to transact many meaningful deals.

To win games we need to concede fewer goals than we score. To score goals and many of them, we need to create more than 1 a game.

Are you 10 year old. We missed 1 chance but rangers scored 2. If we scored that then the whole pattern of the game would have changed! We might have conceded more, rangers would open up, we might have scored one more

blackpoolhibs
17-12-2011, 04:37 PM
We create next to nothing and cannot score goals.

Unless PF brings in some players who do this come January I see us in a right battle to avoid the drop.

:agree::top marks And we also lose soft sloppy goals, a recipe for disaster. :worried:

BoltonHibee
17-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Are you 10 year old. We missed 1 chance but rangers scored 2. If we scored that then the whole pattern of the game would have changed! We might have conceded more, rangers would open up, we might have scored one more

I'm not 10, why do you ask? Do you like 10 year old's?

We were never going to beat Rangers, we didn't. Get over it. We don't have the players to win, nor the tactics at this moment. Hopefully that can change come January.

Until then, trot along

TowerHibs
17-12-2011, 04:41 PM
Of course its frustrating, but when you say Aberdeen have won 2 on the bounce and are now being considered close to a top 6 side, you do know ITS ABERDEEN YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT NOT HIBS?

We could have controlled 99% of this game or any of the rest, but we have not, and we have not won 2 on the trott but lost another game. Not Fenlons fault, but i dont envy his job, even Boltonhibs would struggle to get this lot winning.
Yep but CC and this squad won 6 on the bounce last season. Why is it suddenly beyond our means to do it again but with a new manager who looks like he can motivate more than CC and hopefully sign a couple of players? We have lost, yes it is not good enough, not good enough for a club like hibs but the league is dire and I think I've we play like we did today and the luck went fOr us rather than against us we'll be ok

Then it's up to fenlon to get some creativity in there. We are In A relegation Battle, no doubt an about that but signs are there that we look more likely to survive it under PF than CC

TowerHibs
17-12-2011, 04:43 PM
I'm not 10, why do you ask? Do you like 10 year old's?

We were never going to beat Rangers, we didn't. Get over it. We don't have the players to win, nor the tactics at this moment. Hopefully that can change come January.

Until then, trot along

Brilliant response, well done

BoltonHibee
17-12-2011, 04:44 PM
Brilliant response, well done

Thank you

crash
17-12-2011, 04:47 PM

We've played against two very poor sides and done nothing. Talking things up like there has been a big improvement is fooling nobody. Theres nowt there. Same people that are talking up Fenlon done the same when Calderwood arrived, then Billy Brown. Wake up and smell the coffee.

BoltonHibee
17-12-2011, 04:49 PM
We've played against two very poor sides and done nothing. Talking things up like there has been a big improvement is fooling nobody. Theres nowt there. Same people that are talking up Fenlon done the same when Calderwood arrived, then Billy Brown. Wake up and smell the coffee.

How old are you? :)

Iggy Pope
17-12-2011, 04:49 PM

I think most of us have seen a bit improvement.

However we are still more than poor enough to go down. We are in a total mess and its going to take the one thing we don't have to sort it - time.

I think it's fair to say that the signs of improvement are not being spotted from tellys or radios from armchairs in the Lancashire area
:wink:

blackpoolhibs
17-12-2011, 04:50 PM
Yep but CC and this squad won 6 on the bounce last season. Why is it suddenly beyond our means to do it again but with a new manager who looks like he can motivate more than CC and hopefully sign a couple of players? We have lost, yes it is not good enough, not good enough for a club like hibs but the league is dire and I think I've we play like we did today and the luck went fOr us rather than against us we'll be ok

Then it's up to fenlon to get some creativity in there. We are In A relegation Battle, no doubt an about that but signs are there that we look more likely to survive it under PF than CC

Ah yes fabulous February, are you Petrie? Is it beyond our means to do it again, no. Will it happen, i'd say no but never say never.

I also hope Fenlon can sign a couple of players, i also hope he can improve us and motivate them, but the hard facts are we are still losing games, although we dont normally beat the huns, but we have just lost to 10 men in this dire SPL as you say. You then go on about luck going for us rather , has that what we have come to now, wanting luck?

jacomo
17-12-2011, 04:54 PM
According to them across the city they have two interested parties looking to buy them with their crap stadium and £35,000,000 debt. If that is true

It's not remotely true. Rangers have less debt, much higher income and a much larger, viable stadium, and the only buyer they could find was a banned director of questionable wealth.

There are no White knights queuing up to invest in Scottish football. Accept it.

Gatecrasher
17-12-2011, 04:57 PM
whats everyone making such a big fuss for?
that was only our new managers 2nd game ffs, I think it would be best if we took a step back and let him get on with it

TowerHibs
17-12-2011, 05:02 PM

Sorry, your right. We're doomed. There is no point

TowerHibs
17-12-2011, 05:08 PM
Ah yes fabulous February, are you Petrie? Is it beyond our means to do it again, no. Will it happen, i'd say no but never say never.

I also hope Fenlon can sign a couple of players, i also hope he can improve us and motivate them, but the hard facts are we are still losing games, although we dont normally beat the huns, but we have just lost to 10 men in this dire SPL as you say. You then go on about luck going for us rather , has that what we have come to now, wanting luck?

no not at all wanting luck. In my lifetime we have never been beating anyone consistantly away from home, or beating the OF. Ken what, we've never beat anyone consistantly. I have never said we are not in a tough spell, but to come right out and say we wont get out of it when there is obvious signs of improvement, to me is rediculous and border line obnoxious. It was only his 2nd full game in charge and i am struggling to agree that all is bad.

We've agreed with a lot over the years and acknowledge this as a difference of opinion. looking through this thread alone shows you that opinion is still split. I just feel it is early in PF reign to dismiss all our chances. i think we have improved although it is still not good enough. I've played at a high level and when things go for you, they go for you. I think that is the story in most sports and why sport is so good. We are still not good enough, fully agree with that, but cant agree that we should throw the towel in. As supporters, it is the last thing we should do

Alfred E Newman
17-12-2011, 05:09 PM
We all agree that Fenlon has inherited a poor squad of players but I think there are signs that ,given the oppertunity to add one or two decent players in January, we should be able to survive. There is a better shape to the side and they seem to be working harder but if the quality is not there there is not much more the manager can do. We need some drive and creativity in midfield and more punch up front. O`Connor looks to have shot his bolt and Sproule is past it . Today I thought we were by far the better team but as long as decisions like the penalty continue to go against us we are going to struggle.

N.Wales Hibby
17-12-2011, 05:31 PM
whats everyone making such a big fuss for?
that was only our new managers 2nd game ffs, I think it would be best if we took a step back and let him get on with it
Well said.:top marks

Jones28
17-12-2011, 05:34 PM

100% agree

Osbourne was a huge miss, he provides the cutting edge

blackpoolhibs
17-12-2011, 05:34 PM
no not at all wanting luck. In my lifetime we have never been beating anyone consistantly away from home, or beating the OF. Ken what, we've never beat anyone consistantly. I have never said we are not in a tough spell, but to come right out and say we wont get out of it when there is obvious signs of improvement, to me is rediculous and border line obnoxious. It was only his 2nd full game in charge and i am struggling to agree that all is bad.

We've agreed with a lot over the years and acknowledge this as a difference of opinion. looking through this thread alone shows you that opinion is still split. I just feel it is early in PF reign to dismiss all our chances. i think we have improved although it is still not good enough. I've played at a high level and when things go for you, they go for you. I think that is the story in most sports and why sport is so good. We are still not good enough, fully agree with that, but cant agree that we should throw the towel in. As supporters, it is the last thing we should do

Who has said we wont get out of this? And although i dont blame Fenlon one bit for this, where is this improvement? Do you mean we look better organised? If so i thought we did against the huns, but still lost, and lost to sloppy goals like we always seem to lose.

Improvement i dont think so, certain players like Stevenson have had better games, but as a team we are still doing the same things wrong. no creation, and losing soft goals - lost points.

Today we were not troubled much, but again lost, and lost to a very poor side. Now if you call that improvement thats up to you, i dont.

Nobody apart from you has mentioned throwing in the towell, although i'd have thrown towell on before Hart, in fact i think 99% of us would.

As for things going for us or going against us, didnt Calderclown say he did not believe in luck either way?

Baldy Foghorn
17-12-2011, 05:44 PM
Ive often thought that when you are near the bottom then you dont get rub of the green....

Today's penalty was never one IMO, however I did not think the red card was a straight red....

However the two decisions aside, there is no craft, little flair, no urgency in our team.....I am more than a little concerned at this juncture...

TowerHibs
17-12-2011, 05:45 PM
Today we were not troubled much, but again lost, and lost to a very poor side. Now if you call that improvement thats up to you, i dont.

As for things going for us or going against us, didnt Calderclown say he did not believe in luck either way?

well you dont, i do. Only 2 games and he has made us slightly more organised and teams are now not dominating the full 90 mins against us

Not sure what CC believing in luck has anything to do with it. Not sure why your quoting him either.

Not going to see eye to eye - you cant see things improving, i think its too early to say. he's only been here a month!!!

football - bloody hell

down the slope
17-12-2011, 05:47 PM
If anyone can't se the improvement in the side then they need to see an optician, we are no soft touches now, players worked hard and knew what they were doing. Only a dubious penalty decision was the difference in the teams . we will come good no probs . As i said earlier you would never have thought we were the away team, there is not many times you could have said that recently, if it had been a goal less draw there would be less hysteria on here , have faith.

blackpoolhibs
17-12-2011, 05:58 PM
If anyone can't se the improvement in the side then they need to see an optician, we are no soft touches now, players worked hard and knew what they were doing. Only a dubious penalty decision was the difference in the teams . we will come good no probs . As i said earlier you would never have thought we were the away team, there is not many times you could have said that recently, if it had been a goal less draw there would be less hysteria on here , have faith.

You are right if we'd drawn 0-0 there would be less panic, but we did not draw 0-0, we actually lost AGAIN. This time it was a dubious penalty, last week it was poor decision making. There's always an if.

TowerHibs
17-12-2011, 06:00 PM
You are right if we'd drawn 0-0 there would be less panic, but we did not draw 0-0, we actually lost AGAIN. This time it was a dubious penalty, last week it was poor decision making. There's always an if.

Always an if for the opposition when we win ;)

blackpoolhibs
17-12-2011, 06:01 PM
Always an if for the opposition when we win ;)

:faf:

TowerHibs
17-12-2011, 06:02 PM
:faf:

I know, i was trying to think of our last win and i couldn't!!!

blackpoolhibs
17-12-2011, 06:03 PM
I know, i was trying to think of our last win and i couldn't!!!

Without looking, neither can i??????

Sir David Gray
17-12-2011, 06:17 PM
Without looking, neither can i??????

St Mirren away, 22nd October? :dunno:

No wins in our last seven matches in all competitions, no wins in our last five matches at home in all competitions.

And since our last victory, we've only managed to score three goals (one of which was an own goal).

Incidentally, with two matches remaining in this calendar year, we've only managed to win 9 SPL matches in the whole of 2011, with only 4 of those victories coming at Easter Road.

silverhibee
17-12-2011, 06:19 PM
Poor Pat.

By the looks of it Alex Ferguson would have a job turning us into a decent team. Of course Pat hasnt had time to do anything at ER but the fact is that our losing streak goes on, despite a decent first half at Fir Park and a better effort against the current buns, which suggests that even our luck has run out, if we ever had any. Paw Broon on radio just now saying he thought Hibs played well. Maybe so but we still lost.

Like I have said before, its time our absentee owner took some responsibility here and if he doesnt feel he can or should, then he should find a buyer for the club.

According to them across the city they have two interested parties looking to buy them with their crap stadium and £35,000,000 debt. If that is true what does it say about our owner who doesnt want a football club and yet in 20 years has been ( it would seem to me ) doing a bloody good job of keeping a hold of one.

No I dont want him to take the huff and just walk. But I do want him to either put some money into the playing side of the club or try a damned lot harder to find an owner for the club who will.

Maybe there in town, drove past Ocean Terminal earlier on today and you want to see the size of a yacht moored there. Rich man in town.

silverhibee
17-12-2011, 06:24 PM

Our set pieces are so poor, when was the last time Hibs scored a goal from a free kick from around the box, do we practise this stuff, there is not one player who can hit a decent freekick or cross the ball.

Alfred E Newman
17-12-2011, 06:28 PM
Our set pieces are so poor, when was the last time Hibs scored a goal from a free kick from around the box, do we practise this stuff, there is not one player who can hit a decent freekick or cross the ball.

Not since Deek left :offski:

silverhibee
17-12-2011, 06:33 PM
How old are you? :)

:tee hee:

ancient hibee
17-12-2011, 07:15 PM

Hanlon should have scored against Rangers when Sproule put in a great free kick-still -never mind facts:greengrin

silverhibee
17-12-2011, 07:56 PM
Hanlon should have scored against Rangers when Sproule put in a great free kick-still -never mind facts:greengrin

Nah, that free kick was over hit thats why Hanlon missed it, Hanlon was having to stretch for it. :greengrin