PDA

View Full Version : Yams Why Are Hearts Allowed To Play Players They Can't Pay?

Mikey
17-12-2011, 09:23 AM
It's utter nonsense and little short of cheating. They've already assembled a squad that they can't afford and therefore in a false position, so letting them play those players when they can't afford to pay them is totally bonkers.

There's an SPL board meeting on Monday and they have to do something about it. Any player, from any team, that hasn't been paid should be ineligible to play.

It's not difficult. They have their meeting on Monday, follow it up with a vote later in the week, pass it 11-1, and bring it into immediate effect.

Don't talk about it.............. DO IT.

Jim44
17-12-2011, 09:32 AM
It's utter nonsense and little short of cheating. They've already assembled a squad that they can't afford and therefore in a false position, so letting them play those players when they can't afford to pay them is totally bonkers.

There's an SPL board meeting on Monday and they have to do something about it. Any player, from any team, that hasn't been paid should be ineligible to play.

It's not difficult. They have their meeting on Monday, follow it up with a vote later in the week, pass it 11-1, and bring it into immediate effect.

I agree in principle, Mikey, but doesn't the 90 day rule invalidate putting into practice?

Hibby D
17-12-2011, 09:39 AM
I agree in principle, Mikey, but doesn't the 90 day rule invalidate putting into practice?

It's the 90 day rule that's stupid. Reduce that and this fiasco won't continue to repeat itself; which it will at the moment :agree:

Not sure I agree that players who've not been paid shouldn't be "allowed" to play. I'd support them not being punished if they choose not to play. That would take control away from the club.

matty_f
17-12-2011, 09:42 AM

It needn't have anything to do with it. The players would essentially be 'suspended' for matches until they had been paid.

I totally agree with Mikey on this one.All the clubs could go out and sign players they can't afford, not pay them and have a chance of challenging. Dunfermline are playing the Yams today, and Dunfermline have had to make all manner of cust cutting measures in place to just be able to afford a team to put out to play the Yams today. If they get beat, how is that fair?

lucky
17-12-2011, 09:42 AM
The 90 day rule is FIFAs the SPL could bring in a rule no pay no play

Spike Mandela
17-12-2011, 09:43 AM

Why are Hearts playing players they can't afford to give bonuses should they win? If they were serious about cost cutting and playing u19's they would have done it by now.

The SPL and SFA will do nothing. Nothing they can do now will punish Vlad in the short term and they can't be seen to do something which punishes the players. They will seek assurances from Hearts and it will drag on in to January when we will see the next stage of the Vlad agenda.

leithsansiro
17-12-2011, 09:51 AM
Whilst I'm loathed to be on the side of any Hearts players, surely not allowing them to play is removing their opportunity to put themselves in the shop window, so to speak. That said, I agree that the players should have the right, without any comeback, to refuse to play if they wish.

Beefster
17-12-2011, 09:56 AM
Whilst I'm loathed to be on the side of any Hearts players, surely not allowing them to play is removing their opportunity to put themselves in the shop window, so to speak. That said, I agree that the players should have the right, without any comeback, to refuse to play if they wish.

This. I'm not sure that punishing players for not being paid is the way forward.

Jack
17-12-2011, 11:08 AM
I think it’s a good idea but how would it work?

Everyone and the cat and dug knew their players hadn’t been paid yet none said anything officially, or at least officially to the right official!

And what about the £1,000 they got? Would that mean they could be a sub? If they got half could they only play for 45 minutes? :greengrin

Good idea though, something needs to be done.

southern hibby
17-12-2011, 01:01 PM

I agree that no player should be punished in any way because a team signs them and then doesn't stump up their wages.

However, these players had numerous opportunities to bring in the Authorities to bring this to a swift end, but never did anything about it. Whatever the reasons for this, In my eyes they lost all credibility and as such should except the outcome of their actions.

Lets be honest here, these players have made their bed let them lie in it. They rolled over like the DOGS THEY ARE and allowed MAD VAD to tickle their belly's. GGTTH

Nailrod
17-12-2011, 01:56 PM
I agree that no player should be punished in any way because a team signs them and then doesn't stump up their wages.
However, these players had numerous opportunities to bring in the Authorities to bring this to a swift end, but never did anything about it. Whatever the reasons for this, In my eyes they lost all credibility and as such should except the outcome of their actions.
Lets be honest here, these players have made their bed let them lie in it. They rolled over like the DOGS THEY ARE and allowed MAD VAD to tickle their belly's. GGTTH

Sorry but this is nonsense. Vlad has the players over a barrel. They know that Hearts are insolvent, and the only way they get paid is if money comes from UBIG. Vlad simply lets it be known that any individual player who creates waves isn't going to get paid at all, and what do they do? Go to Lithuania and sue him? Individual players shouldn't have to go out on a limb in situations like this. It's up to the SPL and the SFA to police the thing, and as usual they've shown themselves to be weak-kneed, insipid, and useless.

How are you going to feel if Hibs get relegated (which eventuality has just cranked another little notch closer at Pittodrie) and Hearts have spent three quarters of the season playing a team they can't afford to pay? I certainly won't be celebrating (although my main anger will be directed elsewhere.

Fantic
17-12-2011, 02:09 PM
:bye:Who cares! Every time I look at this website nowadays its Hearts this, Hearts that. Hibs are playing right now but the forum as always is full of 'Yams' threads.

LancashireHibby
17-12-2011, 02:15 PM
:bye:Who cares! Every time I look at this website nowadays its Hearts this, Hearts that. Hibs are playing right now but the forum as always is full of 'Yams' threads.

Probably because we're so bad that the state Hertz are in is probably the only crumb of comfort we've got at the minute.

Diclonius
17-12-2011, 02:26 PM
Why are Hibs allowed to pay players who can't play?

:duck:

southern hibby
17-12-2011, 02:41 PM
Sorry but this is nonsense. Vlad has the players over a barrel. They know that Hearts are insolvent, and the only way they get paid is if money comes from UBIG. Vlad simply lets it be known that any individual player who creates waves isn't going to get paid at all, and what do they do? Go to Lithuania and sue him? Individual players shouldn't have to go out on a limb in situations like this. It's up to the SPL and the SFA to police the thing, and as usual they've shown themselves to be weak-kneed, insipid, and useless.

How are you going to feel if Hibs get relegated (which eventuality has just cranked another little notch closer at Pittodrie) and Hearts have spent three quarters of the season playing a team they can't afford to pay? I certainly won't be celebrating (although my main anger will be directed elsewhere.

I AGREE it's up to the SPL and SFA to police things, that was my point. The players had the chance to do something about it and never. The rules as was quoted many times stated they (players) had to complain and if they had it would have been delt with quicker than allowing it to run it's course. Remember he paid the wages last day before the rules allowed the SPL/SFA to step in. Again I rest my case if the players rolled over and allowed him to tickle their bellys.

As for sueing him. He and his bank has enough assets within the uk to answer a court case here without having to go to court in lithuania.

If Hibs do get relegated I will be completely Peeved just like most HIBS fans and I really do think the rules need changed. The players had a chance to get the rules changed and never. I only hope that clubs can get this sorted as there is an injustice to clubs that have tried to re address their financies. GGTTH

MWHIBBIES
17-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Andy Driver refusing to go on the bench today and has requested a trasfer.

Just read this, no idea if its true, sorry if already posted somewhere.

Franck Stanton
17-12-2011, 02:47 PM
Just been on radio that Driver, who was listed as a sub today, has refused to strip stating he was unhappy at being named as a sub and is refusing to play and that bhe is expected to hand in transfer request early this week. Is this the start of the players rebellion ?

southern hibby
17-12-2011, 02:50 PM
Just been on radio that Driver, who was listed as a sub today, has refused to strip stating he was unhappy at being named as a sub and is refusing to play and that bhe is expected to hand in transfer request early this week. Is this the start of the players rebellion ?

If true, then I would like to change my earlier quotes. At least some players are man enough to stand up to Mad Vlad and aint going to let him tickle their belly's. GGTTH

Franck Stanton
17-12-2011, 03:11 PM
If true, then I would like to change my earlier quotes. At least some players are man enough to stand up to Mad Vlad and aint going to let him tickle their belly's. GGTTH

Update from commentator states that Driver has taken this stand , not because of the current financial situation but has thrown his teddy out of the pram because he isn't getting enough game time and that he had a bust-up with the manager who claims Driver isn't fit, Driver refutes that stating he is fit and if he wasn't shouldn't even be a named sub. No doubt the drama will continue.

Hibby D
17-12-2011, 03:18 PM
Why are Hibs allowed to pay players who can't play?

:duck:

:hilarious

Deserves its own thread :top marks

clerriehibs
18-12-2011, 11:14 AM

Tough - if you take the filthy lucre, you deal with the filthy results.

ancient hibee
18-12-2011, 07:07 PM
Not paying players?I would imagine that the other SPL clubs are more likely to vote 11-0 in favour of that.

weonlywon6-2
19-12-2011, 06:56 AM

not sure its because they cant afford to pay them,more like dont want to pay them. romanov has the players,coaches and fans in his back pocket. he is just playing one big game with them all, and is winning:cb