PDA

View Full Version : united away xmas eve £10/5 entry

Del Boy
16-12-2011, 05:09 PM
The game at tannadice next Saturday is £10 for adults and £5 for kids.

francobaresi
16-12-2011, 05:42 PM
If it was free I wouldn't go, rather be with family Christmas Eve... Good offer though, very commendable...

NOLA
16-12-2011, 05:55 PM
tickets sales must have been really poor b4 this move, i wonder why:rolleyes:, still at least they have done something :agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-12-2011, 06:03 PM
Just as well. I've already forked out £15 for the Travelodge on the Friday!

monktonharp
16-12-2011, 06:11 PM
tickets sales must have been really poor b4 this move, i wonder why:rolleyes:, still at least they have done something :agree:I assume they did read the OP on this board then?:wink:

JustSimplyHibs
16-12-2011, 06:12 PM
This is more like it, well done United :thumbsup:

We took a near 2000 to Motherwell on a Friday night, mon Hibby's let's take over this ground man....spread the word, cheap early xmas present, drive the wife up so she can get on with some late xmas shopping....any excuse guys, occupy Dundee!!!!.

:flag::pfgwa:flag::pfgwa:flag:

Frazerbob
16-12-2011, 07:21 PM
Big well done to Utd. Great to see more of these initiatives in the SPL. Will deffo try to make the game en-route home from Aberdeen for Christmas. Might even take my Dons supporting step son!

Jonnyboy
16-12-2011, 07:58 PM
Good move by the Terrors :aok: Helluva saving on their usual £25 for the upper tier of that cramped old stand :agree:

down-the-slope
16-12-2011, 08:57 PM
If it was free I wouldn't go, rather be with family Christmas Eve... Good offer though, very commendable...

:agree: indeed......daft fixture date...between Christmas & New Year should have more matches as its more of a dead time...not Christmas Eve

Purple & Green
16-12-2011, 11:20 PM
:agree: indeed......daft fixture date...between Christmas & New Year should have more matches as its more of a dead time...not Christmas Eve

We haven't played on Christmas Day or Christmas Eve in 34 years. It's a daft idea by the SPL to try and re-introduce it. I suspect it will be a disaster across the board.

bingo70
16-12-2011, 11:46 PM
I'm the sort of fan that normally picks one maybe two away games a season, apart from tynecastle, and I've been toying with the idea of going to this one, the prices they've announced almost swung it but Xmas eve just isn't possible, I know I'm not the only one that's tempted but just can't make it, absolutely bonkers decision to have a set of fixtures on Christmas eve imo, can't see any justification for it

lucky
17-12-2011, 12:16 AM
Xmas eve is just a stupid day to play a game. The crowd will be under 5000 the SPL just never seem to understand

iwasthere1972
17-12-2011, 01:07 AM

We took a near 2000 to Motherwell on a Friday night, mon Hibby's let's take over this ground man....spread the word, cheap early xmas present, drive the wife up so she can get on with some late xmas shopping....any excuse guys, occupy Dundee!!!!.

In Dundee? You're madder than I thought but I like your optimism.

JustSimplyHibs
17-12-2011, 01:12 AM
In Dundee? You're madder than I thought but I like your optimism.

u jst never know mate...u might end up with the deeds to a nice council house up there lol

iwasthere1972
17-12-2011, 01:14 AM
The last time we played Dundee United on Christmas Eve was in 1932. Attendance was a miserable 3,500 but we won 2-0 with goals from Peter Flucker and Robert Wallace. :nerd:

Saorsa
17-12-2011, 01:16 AM
I'm the sort of fan that normally picks one maybe two away games a season, apart from tynecastle, and I've been toying with the idea of going to this one, the prices they've announced almost swung it but Xmas eve just isn't possible, I know I'm not the only one that's tempted but just can't make it, absolutely bonkers decision to have a set of fixtures on Christmas eve imo, can't see any justification for itThe one time a lot of folk would actually want them tae move a Saturday fixture they leave it there, games should have been on boxing day.

Andy74
17-12-2011, 08:30 AM
We haven't played on Christmas Day or Christmas Eve in 38 years. It's a daft idea by the SPL to try and re-introduce it. I suspect it will be a disaster across the board.

Don't know about you but when Christmas Eve is a week day I normally have to work.

Why are people coming over all family and other commitments when football is scheduled instead?

flash
17-12-2011, 08:39 AM
Don't know about you but when Christmas Eve is a week day I normally have to work.

Why are people coming over all family and other commitments when football is scheduled instead?

I have to agree. Surely Boxing Day is more of a family day than Christmas Eve ever was.

Hibbyradge
17-12-2011, 08:45 AM
Just as well. I've already forked out £15 for the Travelodge on the Friday!

I don't think "forked out" is the correct expression if you've managed to snare a room for that bargain price! :wink::greengrin

Mind you, Friday night in Dundee?

hongkonghibee
17-12-2011, 11:04 AM
Im travelling all the way from Hongkong to Dundee for this match, (well, also to have Xmas with my mum in Edinburgh),so good news about the lower price, as im already spending 1000 pounds getting there.
Lets hope its not snowed/rained off as its the one match I can make it to this season.

Purple & Green
17-12-2011, 11:23 PM

Christmas Eve is just different, because it just is IMHO - Those, especially with children, are otherwise engaged in preparations for Christmas Day and spending half your day at football is a long long way down your list of priorities.

Someone also mentions Boxing Day not being a great day, and I tend to agree - there's always plenty people missing that game because of family commitments. However, there's also plenty of people who only see Hibs during the holiday period because that's when they are back in Edinburgh visiting family and friends.

I do think the crowds will be spectacularly poor on Christmas Eve - and our crowd today was already spectacularly poor - and in 5/6/7 years time when Saturday next falls on Christmas Eve we won't see any fixtures.

Given this years dates, I don't understand why the SPL didn't go for Tuesday 27th - public holiday, Saturday 31st, Tuesday 2nd - public holiday - which would have given three 3 O' Clock kick offs subject to TV instead of an early afternoon, evening and then what would have been the solitary 3 O' Clock kick on the 2nd.

Gettin' Auld
17-12-2011, 11:37 PM
The last time we played Dundee United on Christmas Eve was in 1932. Attendance was a miserable 3,500 but we won 2-0 with goals from Peter Flucker and Robert Wallace. :nerd:
I hope some Flucker scores for us this time too!! :greengrin

Steve-O
18-12-2011, 01:17 AM
Can't really see the problem with this. It's a 1:30pm kick off is it not so the game will be over and you can be back in Edinburgh for about 5:30pm, still pretty early for 'family stuff', whatever that may be. Getting to Dundee on Boxing Day probably would be an ever bigger pain in the erse I'd say?

Andy74
18-12-2011, 04:01 AM
Christmas Eve is just different, because it just is IMHO - Those, especially with children, are otherwise engaged in preparations for Christmas Day and spending half your day at football is a long long way down your list of priorities.

Someone also mentions Boxing Day not being a great day, and I tend to agree - there's always plenty people missing that game because of family commitments. However, there's also plenty of people who only see Hibs during the holiday period because that's when they are back in Edinburgh visiting family and friends.

I do think the crowds will be spectacularly poor on Christmas Eve - and our crowd today was already spectacularly poor - and in 5/6/7 years time when Saturday next falls on Christmas Eve we won't see any fixtures.

Given this years dates, I don't understand why the SPL didn't go for Tuesday 27th - public holiday, Saturday 31st, Tuesday 2nd - public holiday - which would have given three 3 O' Clock kick offs subject to TV instead of an early afternoon, evening and then what would have been the solitary 3 O' Clock kick on the 2nd.
As I said I normally work Christmas Eve so most of that us nonsense.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-12-2011, 10:36 AM
I don't think "forked out" is the correct expression if you've managed to snare a room for that bargain price! :wink::greengrinMind you, Friday night in Dundee?Just checked, the hotel was 25 notes, not a bad deal tho.I'm sure there will be a few interesting sights to be seen on the Fri night!

Nakedmanoncrack
18-12-2011, 05:08 PM
Can't really see the problem with this. It's a 1:30pm kick off is it not so the game will be over and you can be back in Edinburgh for about 5:30pm, still pretty early for 'family stuff', whatever that may be. Getting to Dundee on Boxing Day probably would be an ever bigger pain in the erse I'd say?

:agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Quite a lot of reasoned arguements for not going to the game on x-mas eve and they all leave eaxh poster with a lot more credibility than saying, the missuss says i am no gettin to go.

Del Boy
18-12-2011, 05:52 PM
Quite a lot of reasoned arguements for not going to the game on x-mas eve and they all leave eaxh poster with a lot more credibility than saying, the missuss says i am no gettin to go.Exactly :)

MB62
19-12-2011, 11:28 AM
The game at tannadice next Saturday is £10 for adults and £5 for kids.

Where exactly is it offering this? The Hibs official site still has it at £25

JimBHibees
19-12-2011, 11:32 AM
I have to agree. Surely Boxing Day is more of a family day than Christmas Eve ever was.

Aye but one day with the family is more than enough by Boxing day you are dying to get away from them. :greengrin

Boxing day is traditionally in England a day where higher than average attendances are common.

Personally dont understand why the games on the evening of the 28th arent on the afternoon of the 27th as think more people would likely come along IMO.

cabbageandribs1875
19-12-2011, 11:34 AM
Where exactly is it offering this? The Hibs official site still has it at £25

still a few weeks yet before they update it

:cb

Seveno
19-12-2011, 01:00 PM

I'll be there. A massive shopw of support would surely give the team a big lift. :thumbsup:

Del Boy
19-12-2011, 08:05 PM
Where exactly is it offering this? The Hibs official site still has it at £25It's on united's official site.

Del Boy
22-12-2011, 02:26 PM
It's on united's official site.Hibs site updated as well to show cheap prices. Be good to get a good support going through.

southfieldhibby
22-12-2011, 03:22 PM
I think it's a great time to play a game.Much better than boxing day when I'll be in full recovery mode from debauching myself on xmas day.footie, back home to the family, a wee shandy and some prep for the big day.

Looking forward to it.

wearethehibs
22-12-2011, 03:55 PM
I think its a good day for it to. Looking forward to a wee drink on the train and cheap entry to hopefully watch a Hibees win.

Hamish
22-12-2011, 04:35 PM
Delayed transmission of game on BBC Alba at 5.30 on Saturday.

Hermit Crab
22-12-2011, 05:29 PM
I think its a good day for it to. Looking forward to a wee drink on the train and cheap entry to hopefully watch a Hibees win.

If your getting the train back mind they knock off early on xmas eve

Last train from Dundee to Edinburgh is 20:42 arriving in Edinburgh at 22:17

DaveSo
23-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Why is this game not getting played on Boxing Day. Surely it would get a better crowd then.
Even the SFL are playing on Boxing Day.
The muppets that run the SPL seem to want to make it as awkward as possible for their customers to attend.

Andy74
23-12-2011, 02:01 PM
Why is this game not getting played on Boxing Day. Surely it would get a better crowd then.
The muppets that run the SPL seem to want to make it as awkward as possible for their customers to attend.

I'd say boxing day is far trickier both in terms of travel and family stuff. As I've said a few times I, and most places are the same, normally work Christmas Eve if its a weekday so getting back home by 5pm anyway is much the same.

Nakedmanoncrack
23-12-2011, 02:02 PM

Prefer Sat to be honest, we are always complaining about games not being on Sat afternoons...
Can't see the problem myself its a 13.30 KO, its not like its going ahead as Santa is slipping down the chimney.

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-12-2011, 04:00 PM
Its a bit chilly in Dundee this evening! Not to worry, let the festivities commence!