PDA

View Full Version : NHC If he was a racehorse....

Andy74
16-12-2011, 03:07 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16219473.stm

Just get another career now eh?

Wotherspiniesta
16-12-2011, 05:32 PM
I seem to remember on interview with Dyer at the start of the season, saying how he was getting terrible treatment at West Ham while he was injured. Something about him getting misdiagnosed. He seemed quite bitter about it.

There's a difference between being unlucky with injury and just being injury prone. Dyer is the latter.

Edit- Here's the interview- http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/07/16/2577757/qpr-new-boy-kieron-dyer-blames-former-club-west-ham-for

tamig
16-12-2011, 05:51 PM
He must be the best paid player in England based on his £s to minutes played ratio over the last 5 years.

magpie1892
16-12-2011, 05:58 PM
He must be the best paid player in England based on his £s to minutes played ratio over the last 5 years.

Without doubt. He left us on £silly per week to a £56,000 per week at West Ham. Don't know what he's on at QPR but it won't be buttons.

Pity, in many ways, that he's had such a crap career. When we signed him he looked like he was going to be world class. Certainly had the talent.

tamig
16-12-2011, 06:02 PM
Without doubt. He left us on £silly per week to a £56,000 per week at West Ham. Don't know what he's on at QPR but it won't be buttons.

Pity, in many ways, that he's had such a crap career. When we signed him he looked like he was going to be world class. Certainly had the talent.

I remember when I was working down in London seeing him get his leg broken (I think) on the telly not long after he'd signed for West Ham. He has been very unfortunate injury wise but at least he has millions to fall back on. Good player when he played though.

magpie1892
16-12-2011, 06:08 PM
I remember when I was working down in London seeing him get his leg broken (I think) on the telly not long after he'd signed for West Ham. He has been very unfortunate injury wise but at least he has millions to fall back on. Good player when he played though.

Top of his game - which I saw about a half-a-dozen times tops - he was world class. But hasn't done anything for the thick end of a decade.

An absolute welt as well, unfortunately.