PDA

View Full Version : Beat the Bookie

HNA4
16-12-2011, 10:09 AM
http://www.hibs.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=7632&stc=1

This week's Tipster trying to lever Desperate Dan out of his entrenchment is nonshinyfinish. DD is currently on the top spot courtesy of his £2.50 profit.

You can see nonshinyfinish's selections on the hibs.net Front Page HERE... (http://www.hibs.net/content.php?242-Beat-the-Bookie-14)

nonshinyfinish
16-12-2011, 11:22 AM
Fill yer boots boys, 'tis a veritable licence to print money.

Mikey
16-12-2011, 09:48 PM
Bit of a continental feel this week :greengrin

2.98 Euros to beat :cb

nonshinyfinish
16-12-2011, 10:17 PM
Bit of a continental feel this week :greengrin

2.98 Euros to beat :cb

We'll have .net talking that funny gibberish, eating al fresco and drinking in moderation in no time, just you watch.

HNA4
18-12-2011, 02:52 PM
Stewards Enquiry regarding the first week of Beat the Bookie.

It has been brought to my attention that the result of the first week of Beat the Bookie has an error.

Desperate Dan's correct score came in at 15/2 so that returned £8.50 including stake. 5 bets at a virtual £1 each means his profit, in fact, is £3.50 and not the £2.50 originally reported and stated ever since.

I can only apologise to all concerned for my oversight. Completely my fault.

_hucks_
18-12-2011, 02:59 PM
I've always found it a bit strange the way odds are posted on the front page - often the multiples have a mix of decimal and fractional odds in one price. Decimal already has your stake included, fractional doesn't, so its hard to know whats going on when they are mixed.

HH81
18-12-2011, 03:00 PM
I personally feel this has had a knock on effects, you see if I had known i needed to be in profit by an extra £1 then I might have made different picks, can I have another shot :greengrin

:wink:

HNA4
18-12-2011, 03:12 PM
I've always found it a bit strange the way odds are posted on the front page - often the multiples have a mix of decimal and fractional odds in one price. Decimal already has your stake included, fractional doesn't, so its hard to know whats going on when they are mixed.

Noted. Odds will be rounded and use fractions in future.

HNA4
18-12-2011, 03:14 PM
I personally feel this has had a knock on effects, you see if I had known i needed to be in profit by an extra £1 then I might have made different picks, can I have another shot :greengrin

:wink:

:hmmm: Naw. Nice try though :wink:

Saorsa
18-12-2011, 03:17 PM

:wink:haud yer wheesht ya sassenach :wink: :greengrin

you may have made different picks but they'd still have been rubbish :greengrin

Saorsa
18-12-2011, 03:33 PM
Stewards Enquiry regarding the first week of Beat the Bookie.

It has been brought to my attention that the result of the first week of Beat the Bookie has an error.

Desperate Dan's correct score came in at 15/2 so that returned £8.50 including stake. 5 bets at a virtual £1 each means his profit, in fact, is £3.50 and not the £2.50 originally reported and stated ever since.

I can only apologise to all concerned for my oversight. Completely my fault.cheers for sorting that out :aok:

I made the a mistake myself and got £2.50. Only thing I can think of is I must taken the £5 off and then taken the £1 stake for the winning bet off the profit again. :rolleyes: :greengrin

Edit: HibbyAndy will be pleased I have an extra quid :greengrin

nonshinyfinish
18-12-2011, 08:05 PM
FFS. It's a mug's game.

HNA4
18-12-2011, 10:11 PM
So another one bites the virtual dust.
Not many pluses for nonshinyfinish, I'm afraid.

A win and 2 draws on his treble was the nearest effort.

Single = beaten

Treble = 1/3

Five Fold = 2/5

Three Draws = 1/3

Correct Score = incorrect

This means that Desperate Dan with his (even more now) legendary £3.50 retains the crown.

Anyone else fancy their chances at Beat the Bookie? Declare your interest here or drop me a private message.

Saorsa
18-12-2011, 11:24 PM
So another one bites the virtual dust.
Not many pluses for nonshinyfinish, I'm afraid.

A win and 2 draws on his treble was the nearest effort.

Single = beaten

Treble = 1/3

Five Fold = 2/5

Three Draws = 1/3

Correct Score = incorrect

This means that Desperate Dan with his (even more now) legendary £3.50 retains the crown.

Anyone else fancy their chances at Beat the Bookie? Declare your interest here or drop me a private message.http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/Hibshome2dancrown.jpg

:greengrin