PDA

View Full Version : Players must be willing to die !!!!

JustSimplyHibs
15-12-2011, 05:35 PM
Wee Pad's issues war cry

"the players have got to realise that they have to give everything, be willing to die on the day, make sure we get something from the game" :thumbsup:

Mon hibs get in tae them

:flag::pfgwa:flag::pfgwa:flag:

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-12-2011, 06:20 PM
I know what he is trying to say, but, FFS, its not Basra we are talking about here!

Iggy Pope
15-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Understand his sentiment but what a pishpoor choice of phrasing. The day I see a Hibbie dying on the pitch would be amongst the saddest day possible.

stu in nottingham
15-12-2011, 06:53 PM
I liked this quote by John Collins:

'You hear about battles and wars and fighting. I think we hear about that too much in Scottish football. I usually send my players out with football boots on their feet, not with guns to go into battle. That was the message I tried to give my players.'

BUT.

I certainly understand what Pat Fenlon is talking about and I hope he's successful in putting a bit of much-needed fire into their bellies.

proud_and_green
15-12-2011, 06:57 PM
Compared, to the effort we have witnessed prior to Pat's appointment i would say he is absolutely right.

matty_f
15-12-2011, 06:59 PM
I don't think for a minute Pat was meaning that literally, so for me that's exactly the message i want to hear coming from the top of the club. These players should be giving everything for Hibs. How long have we complained about the work ethic and lack of leadership?

'Mon the Hibs!!!

poolman
15-12-2011, 07:05 PM
I don't think for a minute Pat was meaning that literally, so for me that's exactly the message i want to hear coming from the top of the club. These players should be giving everything for Hibs. How long have we complained about the work ethic and lack of leadership?

'Mon the Hibs!!!

Exactly, couple of posters taking a bit literally for some reason

I mean have'nt we all said at one time "I'll kill him" or whatever but we dont mean it obviously

Chill guys, It's what I want to hear anyway :agree:

Pedantic_Hibee
15-12-2011, 07:07 PM

'Mon the Hibs!!!

You save me a lot of typing, Matty.

Iggy Pope
15-12-2011, 07:09 PM

'Mon the Hibs!!!

Exactly, couple of posters taking a bit literally for some reason

I mean have'nt we all said at one time "I'll kill him" or whatever but we dont mean it obviously

Chill guys, It's what I want to hear anyway :agree:

You save me a lot of typing, Matty.

I did say I understood his sentiment. Crap choice of words.

Lofarl
15-12-2011, 07:10 PM
What he should had said is players must be ready to go without pay for 2 months.

brydekirk
15-12-2011, 07:11 PM
this is more like it, install a bit hunger and passion, goan yersell paddy. Mon the cabbage

ginger_rice
15-12-2011, 07:16 PM
I read it as "must be willing to play until they drop" or "fight for every ball , every half chance" and if it fires them up then I'm cool with that.

As Bill Shankley said "football isn't a matter of life and death, it's far more important than that" :greengrin

Broken Gnome
15-12-2011, 07:20 PM
****ing lazy p!shed players, wage thieves, couldn't give a monkeys about winning, need a right good boot up the @rse...

****ing new manager, inappropriate balloon, dying?! Steady on, gag the numpty.... Etc etc

Hibercelona
15-12-2011, 07:25 PM
I'm pretty sure he didn't mean it in a literal sense. :rolleyes:

I think he's bascially saying, anything less than your all and you'll be out the door.

But continue to slate him anyway. We're good at that.....

Hainan Hibs
15-12-2011, 07:32 PM
Fantastic to hear this from Pat and is exactly the type of passion and fight that has been nowhere near the Hibs team in recent times which we badly need.

Calderwood's lack of passion has drove away a lot of Hibs fans who will be hard to get back, but the manager showing a bit of passion is just one of the many ways that will help to get them back through the turnstiles.

To anyone that criticises it and gives it the mock outrage, put down the Guardian and get a ****ing grip of yourselves.

bingo70
15-12-2011, 07:36 PM
Love it, what a difference hearing a manager talking with a bit passion again.

Compare that with Calderwoods droaning on at the start of the season how we would probably get off to a poor start but things could maybe improve with a bit of luck.

Hibbyradge
15-12-2011, 07:41 PM
If there's not at least a couple of fatalities by the end of the season, Fenlon can GTF.

He'll just be yet another in the line of pish poor managers who say what the fans want to hear, but have no idea of how to actually make it happen.

Shoogly peg time. :agree:

Eyrie
15-12-2011, 07:48 PM
Fenlon is telling the players that giving 100% means just that, so no problem here.

Understand his sentiment but what a pishpoor choice of phrasing. The day I see a Hibbie dying on the pitch would be amongst the saddest day possible.
Remember Alen Orman against the Huns? Scary moment.

Geo_1875
15-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Totally unnecessary choice of words. Much rather he'd gone with "they must give 110%......."or some other trite pish.

Andy74
15-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Aye. Fenlon is actually looking for Hibs players to die on the pitch. :rolleyes:

thebakerboy
15-12-2011, 09:05 PM

'Mon the Hibs!!!

Wot he said
:pfgwa:flag::flag::top marks

Saorsa
15-12-2011, 09:07 PM
Aye. Fenlon is actually looking for Hibs players to die on the pitch. :rolleyes:Indeed, cannae believe (well actually I can :rolleyes: ) folk are getting their knickers in a twist over this.

bighairyfaeleith
15-12-2011, 09:12 PM
Indeed, cannae believe (well actually I can :rolleyes: ) folk are getting their knickers in a twist over this.

Only on hibs.net!!

stokesmessiah
15-12-2011, 09:17 PM
Only on hibs.net!!

:agree:

As someone else has said..."no passion, no fight, no desire"

Followed by..."I cannae believe the manger has said that"

Not for one second do i think he meant it literally and i for one would rather hear that than some of the other guff we have had to swallow for the last 2 years.

Sir David Gray
15-12-2011, 09:22 PM
It's a very poor choice of words but I hope to see a bit of fight and determination from this team under Fenlon.

oldbutdim
15-12-2011, 09:23 PM
Quite disgraceful.
Fenlon is encouraging Hibs players to commit suicide on the pitch and some idiots don't seem to realise that suicide is a sin and also against some law or other.
If any Hibs players commit suicide then they should be prosecuted.
Well done to those who have been brave enough to take a stand against on field suicide.

Hibbyradge
15-12-2011, 09:30 PM
Quite disgraceful.
Fenlon is encouraging Hibs players to commit suicide on the pitch and some idiots don't seem to realise that suicide is a sin and also against some law or other.
If any Hibs players commit suicide then they should be prosecuted.
Well done to those who have been brave enough to take a stand against on field suicide.

Exactly.

Does he want the players to run onto the pitch with a glass of water to help them swallow the necessary number of paracetamol?

How can they be expected to put in a tackle or challenge for a ball in the air? The water would just spill and how would they get the tablets down without any?

I guess they could use the new easy to swallow caplets, but they're pretty expensive.

Fenlon just doesn't think these things through.

Clueless.

Tricla
15-12-2011, 09:32 PM
It's a very poor choice of words but I hope to see a bit of fight and determination from this team under Fenlon.

Twaddle. Doesn't everyone want to die doing what they love?

And besides, it's only a poor choice of words if he meant it literally, which he quite clearly didn't.

R'Albin
15-12-2011, 09:34 PM
I'd much rather hear that than a bunch of dull football cliches like you hear from most managers..

Hibbyradge
15-12-2011, 09:43 PM

'Mon the Hibs!!!

See that's the trouble with folk like you. Nae vision.

I think Fenlon meant exactly what he said and he's actually tumbled on something here.

Only 1607 turned up at St Johnstone last night. That figure would have quadrupled or moe, if folk were guaranteed a few deaths.

The Colosseum sold 50000 seats every week, and there wisnae a ball kicked.

Dinkydoo
15-12-2011, 09:48 PM

It's a figure of speech, hardly "a very poor choice of words".

Sir David Gray
15-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Twaddle. Doesn't everyone want to die doing what they love?

And besides, it's only a poor choice of words if he meant it literally, which he quite clearly didn't.

Obviously it wasn't literal but I just think if he could take that back and put that statement a bit differently then he would do that.

Heedersnvolleys
15-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Probably just got a bit mixed up in translation!:wink::wink:

Hibbyradge
15-12-2011, 10:05 PM
Obviously it wasn't literal but I just think if he could take that back and put that statement a bit differently then he would do that.

Why would he?

It's a metaphor. Just like "giving 110%" and "sweating blood".

Everyone knows exactly what he means.

Funny how you can object to something as simple and innocuous as that, but criticise folk who object to homophobic chants and the like.

zlatan
15-12-2011, 10:13 PM
If they die, they die.

oldbutdim
15-12-2011, 10:23 PM
If they die, they die.

Wise words.

:nerd:

TrickyNicky
15-12-2011, 10:31 PM
I want to see Fenlon in the dugout, being fed grapes by bikini clad women, pointing his thumb to the ground when he wants " death by ball retention "!

HibeeMG
15-12-2011, 10:32 PM
I'm dying to see how the players react. :ill:

Walter
15-12-2011, 10:37 PM
what an insane over-reaction.

Personally I think it shows we have an inspiring leader, and all he is saying is he wants to see players giving every breath and everything in their hearts out there on the pitch.

Some people need to open their minds a little, and rather than translate what is said, perhaps try INTERPRETING it. There is a subtle, yet huge difference.

:pfgwa

Franck Stanton
15-12-2011, 10:57 PM
Indeed, cannae believe (well actually I can :rolleyes: ) folk are getting their knickers in a twist over this.

Well said that man, gie the guy a break ffs. Only an idiot would take it that he meant it literally. Jeez, some folk.

basehibby
15-12-2011, 11:18 PM
Fantastic to hear this from Pat and is exactly the type of passion and fight that has been nowhere near the Hibs team in recent times which we badly need.

Calderwood's lack of passion has drove away a lot of Hibs fans who will be hard to get back, but the manager showing a bit of passion is just one of the many ways that will help to get them back through the turnstiles.

To anyone that criticises it and gives it the mock outrage, put down the Guardian and get a ****ing grip of yourselves.

:top marks Nail on head there Mr Hainan - of course he doesn't mean it literally but it's emotive stuff which should drive home the message in the dressing room and maybe evoke a bit more passion from the stands - just what the Doctor ordered! :pfgwa

Scott Allan Key
15-12-2011, 11:46 PM
If you are afraid of dying, you're afraid of living. Some of the folk who criticise Fenlon for his spirited words need to realise that it's a reality we all face. Those who live life in the moment and know it could be their last are less likely to make absent-minded defensive errors and miss goal chances! Come on the Hibees!

TrickyNicky
15-12-2011, 11:57 PM
If you are afraid of dying, you're afraid of living. Some of the folk who criticise Fenlon for his spirited words need to realise that it's a reality we all face. Those who live life in the moment and know it could be their last are less likely to make absent-minded defensive errors and miss goal chances! Come on the Hibees!

I would just be worried that if I knew it could be my last moment I might be worried about heading the ball and that someone had left the valve/needle in it when pumping it up before the match, therefore causing me to pull out of an important header, this is why I like the ball played on the deck !

Hibbyradge
15-12-2011, 11:58 PM
I would just be worried that if I knew it could be my last moment I might be worried about heading the ball and that someone had left the valve/needle in it when pumping it up before the match, therefore causing me to pull out of an important header, this is why I like the ball played on the deck !

:faf: :top marks

Gatecrasher
16-12-2011, 06:13 AM
Chillax people:cb

marinello59
16-12-2011, 06:38 AM

I think Fenlon meant exactly what he said and he's actually tumbled on something here.

Only 1607 turned up at St Johnstone last night. That figure would have quadrupled or moe, if folk were guaranteed a few deaths.

Exactly. I have said for a few years now that a dull no scoring match would be livened up no end by releasing a couple of lions on to the pitch for the last ten minutes. Or the Krankies driving monster trucks being allowed on to the park to create merry mayhem during time added on for players not getting any injuries. Fandabbydozzy.:thumbsup:

bighairyfaeleith
16-12-2011, 06:48 AM
Exactly. I have said for a few years now that a dull no scoring match would be livened up no end by releasing a couple of lions on to the pitch for the last ten minutes. Or the Krankies driving monster trucks being allowed on to the park to create merry mayhem during time added on for players not getting any injuries. Fandabbydozzy.:thumbsup:

No No No, monster trucks would destroy the pitch, how then would we play our silky football????:greengrin

Fife-Hibee
16-12-2011, 07:04 AM
If they die, they die.

Half of them look like they're already deed :confused:

blackpoolhibs
16-12-2011, 07:37 AM
die die die die ya hun, most of us have sung that about an injured rangers player over the years. How many of us actually meant it? :wink:

Spike Mandela
16-12-2011, 07:44 AM
If they get beat by Aberdeen they should be shot!:wink:

bighairyfaeleith
16-12-2011, 07:48 AM
die die die die ya hun, most of us have sung that about an injured rangers player over the years. How many of us actually meant it? :wink:

Me:greengrin

FastEddieFelson
16-12-2011, 08:14 AM

Totally unnecessary choice of words. Much rather he'd gone with "they must give 110%......."or some other trite pish.

deary me

oldbutdim
16-12-2011, 08:34 AM
deary me

Indeed.

I'm killing myself laughing at some of the posts on this thread.

Uh-oh.

Andy74
16-12-2011, 08:37 AM

Me.

soupy
16-12-2011, 08:46 AM
Me tae, and for the record some people need to get a life.:pfgwau

jst1875
16-12-2011, 09:13 AM
as the saying goes..

"if your going to die, at least die trying"

:flag:

Stevie Reid
16-12-2011, 09:18 AM
Exactly the kind of noises that I want to hear from a Hibs manager, especially given our current predicament and what we've been subjected to for the last couple of years.

Can't believe people are taking issue with it, this is exactly the kind of passion that we need.

Lucius Apuleius
16-12-2011, 09:22 AM
Death does not come untimely to him who is fit to die.

|
|
\/

FastEddieFelson
16-12-2011, 09:36 AM
Exactly the kind of noises that I want to hear from a Hibs manager, especially given our current predicament and what we've been subjected to for the last couple of years.

Can't believe people are taking issue with it, this is exactly the kind of passion that we need.

i'm not sure whether they're desperate to criticise fenlon, or just being absolutely ridiculous

jacomo
16-12-2011, 10:29 AM
as the saying goes..

"if your going to die, at least die a Hibby"

:flag:

Fixed that for you.

I am sure this would be of great consolation to the player's grieving relatives - at least their loved one was representing the green and white when they passed away.

Albion Hibs
16-12-2011, 11:54 AM
This is a statement for the fans and nothing more than that. In fact it is probably a bit of self promotion. I think that it goes without saying that all managers want this from there players, I would rather he did what 99% of other managers do an install this in the players in the dressing room and on the training pitch before a Saturday, not via the Evening News.

I also think if that is what the players need to show then so does the manager, and for that matter the fans.

JustSimplyHibs
16-12-2011, 12:09 PM
This is a statement for the fans and nothing more than that. In fact it is probably a bit of self promotion. I think that it goes without saying that all managers want this from there players, I would rather he did what 99% of other managers do an install this in the players in the dressing room and on the training pitch before a Saturday, not via the Evening News.

I also think if that is what the players need to show then so does the manager, and for that matter the fans.

On Hibernian TV via the club's website not Evening news

Bad Martini
16-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Some folk get up in the morning and just LOOK for things to be offended with. :brickwall :brickwall

FFS, folk moaned (rightly) like **** when Calderwood sat there, look uninspired, uninterested and generally offered no real signs of giving a toss. Yes, at times he offered the odd look of being pissed off but I never seen him getting into it ever. He never said anything to even appease the fans and indeed, he done nothing, literarily to progress Hibs. Even paying lip service would have been something..he didnt even do that!

Fenlon comes along. SO FAR, he's done NOTHING wrong. He's been vocal, he's been animated, he looks like he gives a **** and you could see him last week kicking every ball and watching every move. He cannot be accused of being lacklustre or disinterested. He seems to talk sense and what he said after the hun defeat was spot on.

His statement; ****ing hell. Overreaction.net !! "Sweat blood" - "give your all" (and to quote Shankly) "Run through a brick wall" ...none of these would be healthy. None are literal either tho.

I genuinely believe some folk just love to moan regardless. If he turned round, massaged the players egos and lied about the mess (and it IS a mess) we are in, the same folk would accuse him of not giving a **** and being a panderer to the players who are overpaid etc etc.

Bottom line; players SHOULD be getting this kick up the arse. They SHOULD be giving a **** as, even proportionaite to average paid teams in the SPL, they dont do too badly and in proportion to the average working punter, they make a good packet for what is not a bad job.

Fenlon said nothing wrong. He told the truth, he's giving them a kick in the arse and they ****ingwell need it having witnessed the lacklustre, disinterested, "too busy on twitter according to somet folk" brigade. As for what he said....it was in the context of the game being a battle (which he also said if the offended bothered their erse to read it) and if you take it in that context, there is nowt wrong. In fact, in any context there is nothing wrong unless of course we've found the first serial-killing-fitba manager in the SPL :rolleyes:

MON THE WEE FENLON AND MON THE HIBS.

ENDOF

patlowe
16-12-2011, 12:38 PM
I've got absolutely no problem with what he said. If that's the type of thing you find offensive then life must be a slog!

Anyway, in relation to the actual sentiment, I'd suggest the best teams are the ones that have such a sense of union that they are willing to go the extra mile for their teammates. Anyone who has been part of a team like that will know what a difference it makes. To me it looked like the 00/01 hibs team had it, same with Celtic under O'Neill and even Rangers under Walter Smith.

Regarding Collins' comments on battles and wars etc, as long as the passion is channeled in the right manner then it shouldn't be about being particularly physical but knowing every one of your teammates is fully committed and willing to stand up and take responsibility.

Walter
16-12-2011, 12:59 PM
is it not a bit like what Al Pacino said in Any Given Sunday?

Captain Trips
16-12-2011, 01:03 PM
What Pat said is fine in the context of football it is exactly what is required what worries me is if any player needed that told to them then they really shouldnt be in the game.

ahibby
16-12-2011, 01:24 PM
I have no problem with what he said, I'd rather he said that than some wishy washy softy softly sentiment; we've had enough softly softly through the years. Unfortunately there are two sides to a football match and Aberdeen will be just as much after itn as we. What I do object to is the players taking arsenic pellets with them ready to crunch on them at full time if they haven't gotten a result.......just kidding they aren't really:cb.

WindyMiller
16-12-2011, 01:49 PM
die die die die ya hun, most of us have sung that about an injured rangers player over the years. How many of us actually meant it? :wink:I always meant it BH. http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTG6PO49BDjrw0jVnTBBP5EYJhdEm6Ia 4s7iZf4Ftrikww53uoWIA

Iggy Pope
16-12-2011, 02:22 PM

I said it was a poor choice of words.
And it was. managers can be passionate without the hyperbole that makes them sound like bams.

I happen to enjoy hearing what Fenlon has said elsewhere and if there's an over-reaction I think it comes from most of the posts on this thread. Not desperate to criticise, just believe it to be a bad choice of words.....

However............
:wink:

Die, die, die, die ya hun? Cannae see the problem with that. If Pat wants to come out with that in his next press conference he gets my 100% backing. Very eloquent.

Iggy Pope
16-12-2011, 02:23 PM
I've got absolutely no problem with what he said. If that's the type of thing you find offensive then life must be a slog!

Anyway, in relation to the actual sentiment, I'd suggest the best teams are the ones that have such a sense of union that they are willing to go the extra mile for their teammates. Anyone who has been part of a team like that will know what a difference it makes. To me it looked like the 00/01 hibs team had it, same with Celtic under O'Neill and even Rangers under Walter Smith.

Regarding Collins' comments on battles and wars etc, as long as the passion is channeled in the right manner then it shouldn't be about being particularly physical but knowing every one of your teammates is fully committed and willing to stand up and take responsibility.

Has anyone, anywhere said they were offended? Stop looking for stuff that's not there.
Poor choice of words

Hibee87
16-12-2011, 02:29 PM
I always meant it BH. http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTG6PO49BDjrw0jVnTBBP5EYJhdEm6Ia 4s7iZf4Ftrikww53uoWIA

Can someone explain this picture to the younger genreation seen it numerous times but never heard the story behind it?

Kaiser1962
16-12-2011, 02:41 PM
Can someone explain this picture to the younger genreation seen it numerous times but never heard the story behind it?

Blackley. Hun on deck. Nuff said.

Iggy Pope
16-12-2011, 02:45 PM

Not just any old hun either I don't think.

--------
16-12-2011, 02:53 PM

Indeed not.

That's John Greig writhing in agony, and Sloop in McNulty mode asking, "What the **** did I do?"

Greig fancied himself as a hard man (to be fair he was pretty brutal most times I saw him) and Sloop felt himself called to show him what a REAL hard man could do.

I also remember Sloop putting John 'Submarine' MacDonald 6 feet in the air at Ibrox and just walking off before Bobby Davidson (Hun-loving referee) could even get his book out. He knew what was coming, but I guess he reckoned it was worth it. MacDonald took no further part in the game. Or quite a few games afterwards.

--------
16-12-2011, 03:02 PM
If there's not at least a couple of fatalities by the end of the season, Fenlon can GTF.

He'll just be yet another in the line of pish poor managers who say what the fans want to hear, but have no idea of how to actually make it happen.

Shoogly peg time. :agree:

My thoughts exactly, Mr Radge. Why worry about fatalities - we can bring on up to three substitutes, can't we?
It's not as if the team would be left short-handed. :cb

"Ready to die on the day" means he wants players willing to run till they drop and do evberything they can to get a result for the team. Nothing more. The sort of spirit we haven't seen from Hibs for a long, long time.

A bit like one Franck Sauzee diving in for a certain header, scoring a goal, and coming up minus a few front teeth.

Or maybe Franck shouldn't have been so committed to the cause that day?

Hibee87
16-12-2011, 03:06 PM

Indeed not.

That's John Greig writhing in agony, and Sloop in McNulty mode asking, "What the **** did I do?"

Greig fancied himself as a hard man (to be fair he was pretty brutal most times I saw him) and Sloop felt himself called to show him what a REAL hard man could do.

I also remember Sloop putting John 'Submarine' MacDonald 6 feet in the air at Ibrox and just walking off before Bobby Davidson (Hun-loving referee) could even get his book out. He knew what was coming, but I guess he reckoned it was worth it. MacDonald took no further part in the game. Or quite a few games afterwards.

:thumbsup: wish we had that sort now a days. im assuming he was sent his marching orders though (i really hope not though)

Andy74
16-12-2011, 03:10 PM
Indeed not.

Yet the thought of Ian Black playing for Hibs seems to have people a bit upset?

Iggy Pope
16-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Indeed not.

I remember how Davidson hated us but also recall John Blackley and Bobby Davidson being of a different time from John MacDonald. Sloop left us around about 78, Davidson would be in his 50s then. I thought MacDonald more to be 80s vintage bawbag for the hun.

My thoughts exactly, Mr Radge. Why worry about fatalities - we can bring on up to three substitutes, can't we?
It's not as if the team would be left short-handed. :cb

"Ready to die on the day" means he wants players willing to run till they drop and do evberything they can to get a result for the team. Nothing more. The sort of spirit we haven't seen from Hibs for a long, long time.

A bit like one Franck Sauzee diving in for a certain header, scoring a goal, and coming up minus a few front teeth.

Or maybe Franck shouldn't have been so committed to the cause that day?

No, he was committed to the cause no doubt. That's all a manager can ask.......

--------
16-12-2011, 03:36 PM
Yet the thought of Ian Black playing for Hibs seems to have people a bit upset?

Please do NOT compare Sloop or any of his team-mates to that piece of trash.

Sloop was a top-class defender who could sort someone out when required. But HH has me wondering who it could have been he clattered, because John MacDonald didn't indeed start playing for the Huns until 1978, the year Sloop left ER, while the game panned out as I described it.

(Not that the Huns have ever lacked dirty cheating diving wee toerags in their team....)

IIRC it was the game after the second leg against Hajduk Split.

Just a thought - could it have been Alex Macdonald?

Andy74
16-12-2011, 03:39 PM

Sloop was a top-class defender who could sort someone out when required. But HH has me wondering who it could have been he clattered, because John MacDonald didn't indeed start playing for the Huns until 1978, the year Sloop left ER, while the game panned out as I described it.

(Not that the Huns have ever lacked dirty cheating diving wee toerags in their team....)

Class or not, sorting someone out when required is just what people seem not to like about players like Black. The example you gave above was on knowingly injuring someone who was then out for weeks.

essexhibee
16-12-2011, 03:40 PM
Ill kill them if they don't win Sat.

matty_f
16-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Ill kill them if they don't win Sat.

:hilarious:

--------
16-12-2011, 04:04 PM
Class or not, sorting someone out when required is just what people seem not to like about players like Black. The example you gave above was on knowingly injuring someone who was then out for weeks.

OK, but that's ALL Black's good for - kicking people.

Blackley had a lot more to his game than that. And he didn't do it very often either.

HH is right - it wasn't 'Submarine'. Someone else who was at that game might be able to correct me. But I do know that the guy was back playing long before the end of the season. He missed three or four games - sorry if I got a wee bit carried away with the story.

Phil D. Rolls
16-12-2011, 04:07 PM
Wee Pad's issues war cry

"the players have got to realise that they have to give everything, be willing to die on the day, make sure we get something from the game" :thumbsup:

Mon hibs get in tae them

:flag::pfgwa:flag::pfgwa:flag:

It can only be a matter of time before ice baths are introduced at East Mains. This is the equivalent of "play for the jersey". I take those players who do not die, will be shot instead. :rolleyes:

Baker9
16-12-2011, 04:17 PM

:faf:

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-12-2011, 05:15 PM
I did say I understood his sentiment. Crap choice of words.What he said.

BonnieFitbaTeam
16-12-2011, 05:16 PM

IIRC it was the game after the second leg against Hajduk Split.

Just a thought - could it have been Alex Macdonald?

Ooooh..........I do hope so !!

Eyrie
16-12-2011, 06:23 PM

But the Colosseum wasn't live on Sky because Berlusconi blocked Murdoch's bid for the rights. Pity - would have been good viewing in 3D.

cabbageandribs1875
17-12-2011, 03:53 PM
i'm hearing all players survived todays latest expected defeat :agree:, no deaths reported

although my radio has a bad dent in it now