PDA

View Full Version : Yams Good article: Rivalry or Hatred? Love or Hatred?

HibeeMG
14-12-2011, 10:29 AM
by Richard Hunter

LINK (http://scottishcomedyfc.wordpress.com/2011/12/14/rivalry-or-hatred-love-or-hatred-hibee-richard-hunter-opens-his-heart-on-hearts/)

As I said in my last post I’m a Hibee and as a result I’m programmed to hate anything Maroon. I haven’t had a bloody Jam Tart for 20 years as it would taste like the bitter resentment of my forefathers. There is a reason I hate Hearts, but I’ll be *****ed if i know what it is…..
Lets face, it the greatest rivalries in Football are usually down to one simple fact. They live kinda close to us!

Obviously there are reasons of religion, oppression, success, jealousy or just plain boredom but within my own dynamic it seems it’s just because everyone else does. Much like how people claim a person is only racist due to their family. I don’t hate Hearts because they were founded by Protestants and Hibernian by Catholics, it’s not because they have undermined our achievements (Scottish cup aside, they seem to constantly praise us for that one. Or at least I assume thats what the 2000 or so troglodytes in the corner of Easter Road, trying to hold out until half-time to use the bathroom as they can’t quite muster the energy to pick their knuckles up yet, are singing about). I don’t hate them because they’re sucessful. There is one obvious reason for that. I don’t count splitting the Old Firm then getting *****ed in Europe – whilst steamrollering the club to almost bankruptcy – a success. I wouldn’t imagine I was jealous. I don’t think I’d be happier if an eccentric millionaire took over at Easter Road to publicise his bank in the UK, and – despite the Scottish Cup win a few years back – I dont think they really are that far in front of us anyway.

Here’s the kicker. Although right now, Jambos, I should be sitting back smug as ***** at the situation comedy that is Vlad and the wage evaders, Tynecastle potentially having to be sold, and players demanding to leave… I find myself worried. As a Hibs fan it’s a definite moral dilemma. Whilst I take joy in the misery of any Jambo (football related obviously, im not cheering and laughing if one stubs his toe on the dining room table…. actually that I would laugh at, but I’m only human), I cant help feeling there is a serious change about to happen. Motion may have already been put in place that the average football punter won’t see, but there must be a time coming when Romanov will do something exceptionally eccentric, or just decide he has had enough and truly push the club over the brink. I don’t believe he has any emotional attachment to Hearts ( either team or organ to be honest). Despite punting a shed load of cash into the club, he is a business man above all else. He will only ever look to make a profit, something that is almost impossible to do in Scottish Football these days. Therefore, if an opportunity arises where he can make money – do you think he would take it? Or would he decide against it as he loves the team and the fans so dearly? If you answered the latter then you’re either wearing Maroon, or a straight jacket. And yes, apparently there is a difference.

So? Who the hell are you to get up on your high horse, I hear you ask? Well, whilst you are quite correct in wondering what right I have to care about my rivals and why I shouldnt just shut up and leave it alone, I speak because……
I apologise, but this will be hard to write.

I DO NOT WANT HEARTS TO COLLAPSE.

Now, if i stood outside a hospital shouting that I’d just be seen as a little quirky but generally good-natured, despite knowing very little about how the cardiac muscle actually works. If i was to shout that outside Easter Road I’d probably get away with looks of disgust or maybe a slap. The worst part is that if I was to shout this at a family gathering I reckon I’d be disowned. Or, at the very least, my inheritance would become very very little. More than likely an H.O.M scarf as a hilarious “comedy gift”. Actually scrap that, none of them would be able to stomach buying one in the first place.

So, ye great unwashed of Gorgie, the distillery smelling crack-pipe of Scotland’s East and Edinburgh’s West. If you really want my advice (Yes, i know you dont, but I’m the one typing so just finish the bloody article, theres only a little bit left) either start to move Romanov out or start saving some of your dole money each week as the club will probably need saving within 5 years. The sad part is I’ll chip in my £10 to help as well, after all, what’s Batman without The Joker? Superman without Lex Luthor? Craig Thomson without the Procurator Fiscal?

I’ll help to save the club, then gloat for the few years that you’re stuck coming back up through the divisions as the SFA had to demote you. Then I’ll secretly smile when you get back to the SPL because I know I’ll get my Derby Day rivalry and blood-pumping hatred back again. How many Hearts fans would help out the Green and White if we were in the same situation? And that truly was a Rhetorical question. We’re fine for cash, some bloke at Ukio bankas gave us an amazing 5 year fixed-bond rate. I guess the bright side is your new shirt sponser (Wonga.com) can always help you out with a little short term loan, at a very reasonable rate!

magpie1892
14-12-2011, 10:37 AM
by Richard Hunter

LINK (http://scottishcomedyfc.wordpress.com/2011/12/14/rivalry-or-hatred-love-or-hatred-hibee-richard-hunter-opens-his-heart-on-hearts/)

Bad article.

Andy74
14-12-2011, 10:39 AM
by Richard Hunter

Nah, not now. Maybe ten years ago but they can get lost now. They are still writing stuff about how Hibs have no ambition and how big a team they are. They don't get it so the can disappear without me being the least bit concerned.

DC_Hibs
14-12-2011, 10:46 AM
I clicked the link to see how long ago it was written as he mentions Hearts will need saving within 5 years and referring to Vlad making money.

Not got a clue.........

Part/Time Supporter
14-12-2011, 10:52 AM
I clicked the link to see how long ago it was written as he mentions Hearts will need saving within 5 years and referring to Vlad making money.

Not got a clue.........

:agree:

More like 5 days.

Hibercelona
14-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Couldn't care less myself if they go the wall, they'll just come back eventually anyway. :confused:

Saorsa
14-12-2011, 11:23 AM
I DO NOT WANT HEARTS TO COLLAPSE.I absolutely want them tae collapse
I’ll chip in my £10 to help I wouldnae gie them the reek of my *****

Bad article.:agree:

HIBERNIAN-0762
14-12-2011, 11:30 AM
Pish!

Fluck them!

Never forget what Mercer wanted to do to us and the majority of these maroon morons agreed with it, even the president of their supporters club...long memory...never forget

:flag:

HFC07
14-12-2011, 12:14 PM
that was a really good article. :aok:

--------
14-12-2011, 12:23 PM
As big a load of horse-feathers as I've read for a while.

Guy needs help. :crazy:

linlithgowhibbie
14-12-2011, 10:22 PM
GET IT RIGHT FLIPPING UP THEM,,, END OF FACT!!!!:pfgwa

Sodje_18
14-12-2011, 11:05 PM
Thought it was pretty funny, but dae a **** want them to survive. The sooner those manky tramps go bust the better.

Hainan Hibs
14-12-2011, 11:10 PM
Any Hibs fan that gives that shower of ***** 1p never mind £10 should take a right good ****ing look at themselves.

Kammy1875
14-12-2011, 11:14 PM
Even at this stage they Are in denial, that there's a conspiracy to stop them splitting the old firm whilst laughing at our empty stand that we paid for all by ourselves and claiming we have a chip on our shoulder for feeling aggrieved about them begging the council.

**** them all, if they die, they die.

Kammy1875
14-12-2011, 11:17 PM
Thought it was pretty funny, but dae a **** want them to survive. The sooner those manky tramps go bust the better.

I think we want this because theres something inside if most of us that thinks that no matter how bad it gets for them they are spawney, jammy *******s that will come out of this smelling of roses.

We, for years have have had to suffer selling our players to fund our debt and build facilities that will be long lasting legacies while they have *****ed money they haven't got claiming ambition and big team pish. Well the time has come to reap what they sew - I just hope they DONT somehow fluke there way out of this.

SanFranHibs
14-12-2011, 11:28 PM
I just happen not to be in accord with his views.

There may have been a time, when I was much younger, prior to the Wallace Mercer years, that I might have thought I would miss the derbies but now I really hope they go under. My only hope regarding their plight is that it is as bad as it seems on the surface.

Indeed I'd be happy if their situation is worse than even we think it is. :pray:

SteveHFC
14-12-2011, 11:29 PM
I don't want them to survive. I hope that ****hole of a club goes bust. :bye:

Cabbage East
14-12-2011, 11:57 PM
Pish. I hope they melt in hell.

jacomo
15-12-2011, 09:10 AM
:boo hoo: Jambos.

As Mercer said, the OF really need a strong challenge from Edinburgh - one dominant team, not two fighting for city rivalry. Scottish football needs shaking up. Is so bad that Hearts die so that Scottish football can live? :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
15-12-2011, 09:19 AM
Hell mend them.

--------
15-12-2011, 10:48 AM
:boo hoo: Jambos.

As Mercer said, the OF really need a strong challenge from Edinburgh - one dominant team, not two fighting for city rivalry. Scottish football needs shaking up. Is so bad that Hearts die so that Scottish football can live? :wink:

You're right.

They should sacrifice themselves for the rest of us.

In fact, I'd happily conduct the ceremony. :greengrin

KeithTheHibby
15-12-2011, 11:35 AM
Nah, not now. Maybe ten years ago but they can get lost now. They are still writing stuff about how Hibs have no ambition and how big a team they are. They don't get it so the can disappear without me being the least bit concerned.

Agreed.

They can **** off and die for all I care.

Hibs don't need them. GGTTH.

Eyrie
15-12-2011, 06:49 PM
I'm going to be in a very very small minority here, but sticking my head above the parapet I like having an arch-rival whose fans I can joke with/at and whom I want us to beat more than anyone. If Hearts go, we won't have anyone. I hate the Ugly Sisters, but am glad they largely ignore us.

As regards there being one dominant club in Edinburgh, how many years will that take if it even happens? Back in the dark days of Wallet Merger, how many of us would have supported a joint team? Even if it had been renamed Edinburgh and played in green at home/maroon away I wouldn't have done so. Some of the Hearts support will come out as openly being Huns and others won't follow any particular Scottish team. Their kids won't grow up supporting Hibs because we're local, but will take after their parents. Very few will see the light and cross the divide.

Pedantic_Hibee
15-12-2011, 07:05 PM
I'd rather sh*t in my hands and start clapping than give them a single penny.

Get rid of them, they're a f******g embarrassment and refuse to look themselves in the mirror, as their latest statement testifies. They're beyond help.

givescotlandfreedom
15-12-2011, 10:05 PM
Give them money to stop them going bust? :faf::faf::faf:

jacomo
16-12-2011, 10:46 AM
You're right.

They should sacrifice themselves for the rest of us.

In fact, I'd happily conduct the ceremony. :greengrin

That's very noble of you, Doddie.

Jambos are very good at self-sacrifice (as they are fond of reminding us) so I imagine a small monument marking the spot where the PBS once stood would keep them more than happy.