PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen game

Bohemian_Hibee
14-12-2011, 08:27 AM
Well? Which is it? A must-win game or must-not-lose game?

Pretty Boy
14-12-2011, 08:33 AM
We should look to win every game but a draw this weekend is no disaster.

hibee81
14-12-2011, 08:48 AM
must win for me, hopefully installs a wee bit of confidence going into a harder set of fixtures.

Golden Bear
14-12-2011, 08:56 AM
It's a game we can't afford to lose so hopefully the Players' will collectively "man up", get stuck in, and stop feeling sorry for themselves if they do happen to go a goal behind.

Wilson
14-12-2011, 09:11 AM
This is a must win game. Aberdeen or anyone else must be given no quarter if we are to avoid relegation. A win will put pressure on Aberdeen and that would suit us fine.

A point is unaccptable.

J-C
14-12-2011, 09:27 AM
Suerly a must win and mustn't lose is the same thing, except from a draw :greengrin

Hermit Crab
14-12-2011, 10:02 AM
Must win every game but since Aberdeen got a result last night we must beat them.

Hainan Hibs
14-12-2011, 10:10 AM
Don't worry guys, I've been to Pittodrie 4 times, Aberdeen's record with my attendance is,

W - 0
D - 0
L - 4

I'll be there on Saturday, we may as well have the 3 points on the board already :greengrin

bingo70
14-12-2011, 10:10 AM
We'll probably get beat like we normally do at pittodrie, can those that are saying its a 'must win' tell me what happens if we don't? Is our season over in mid december, relegated already?

Imo must win games are when we're cut away at the bottom or when there's only a few games left, far too early to be panicing about must win games

iwasthere1972
14-12-2011, 11:23 AM
It's neither. Far far too early to suggest that the rest of our season hinges on this game.

Andy74
14-12-2011, 11:36 AM
It's neither. Far far too early to suggest that the rest of our season hinges on this game.

Correct.

Franck is God
14-12-2011, 12:00 PM
Generally speaking a point at Pitoddrie is always a good result so I'd be happy with that regardless of our league position.

I was happy with how we performed in the 'half' against Motherwell and overall against Rangers too and if we can replicate that on Saturday I think we have an excellent chance of taking something from the game.

--------
14-12-2011, 12:19 PM
Don't worry guys, I've been to Pittodrie 4 times, Aberdeen's record with my attendance is,

W - 0
D - 0
L - 4

I'll be there on Saturday, we may as well have the 3 points on the board already :greengrin

I REALLY hope you don't regret this post. :rolleyes:

iwasthere1972
14-12-2011, 12:24 PM

W - 0
D - 0
L - 4

Well I'm holding you personally responsible for all the other times that we haven't won. :greengrin

PatHead
14-12-2011, 01:24 PM
Too early in the season for must win or must not lose games. A win combined with a continuation of the Motherwell performance would be a bonus though.

basehibby
14-12-2011, 01:27 PM
It's more of a "must play well" game - of course results matter a hell of a lot, but right now we really just want to see that the team is progressing. If we can see that then there will be no panic amongst the Hibees ranks (apart from the usual suspects on here obviously :greengrin).

For that reason I voted "must not lose" although obviously a win would be most welcome.

Wilson
14-12-2011, 01:34 PM

It sets a marker though. Aberdeen will know the importance of 3 points at home and they will be up for it. How will Fenlon's Hibs be? Can we beat the teams around us when the chips are down. Are Fenlon's team going to be winners or are we in for more of the same. Our season may not hinge on one game but the result will still be significant.

iwasthere1972
14-12-2011, 01:45 PM
It sets a marker though. Aberdeen will know the importance of 3 points at home and they will be up for it. How will Fenlon's Hibs be? Can we beat the teams around us when the chips are down. Are Fenlon's team going to be winners or are we in for more of the same. Our season may not hinge on one game but the result will still be significant.

So will the results in the 20 games to follow. :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
14-12-2011, 03:33 PM
Its a massive game even in December....

We dont want to lose and be 6 points behind Aberdeen, we need points on the board and quickly, it is always harder to get points when around the bottom, and luck tends to go against you......

Time to start picking up points now.........

Sir David Gray
14-12-2011, 04:13 PM
This is a massive match for the club. If we lose, we'll go 6 points behind Aberdeen and if Dunfermline get anything at Tynecastle (which is entirely possible given the current state of affairs at Hearts), we'll be cast adrift at the bottom of the table which, psychologically, would be quite damaging as we get to the half way stage in the season.

It's a game that we really should be looking to win, in order to stay in touch with the two or three sides that are directly above us.

Jones28
14-12-2011, 04:17 PM
A must win. Every game for the next 3 weeks is a must win :agree:

allezsauzee
14-12-2011, 04:24 PM
We need to win the next 4 games if we are harbouring ambitions of finishing top 6

Wilson
14-12-2011, 04:50 PM
So will the results in the 20 games to follow. :wink:

Well yeah - but maybe not the last few if we start losing touch from this weekend.

PaulSmith
15-12-2011, 02:15 PM
A game we'll struggle to avoid a hammering without O'Connor and Osbourne who are doubts

Bishop Hibee
15-12-2011, 06:25 PM
We should look to win every game but a draw this weekend is no disaster.

:agree: Bad news that Osbourne and O'Connor are injury doubts. I'll be watching tv through my fingers :worried: