PDA

View Full Version : Yams Paint it Black

degenerated
13-12-2011, 10:43 PM
:hilarious

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3997336/Hearts-star-Black-works-as-a-painter.html

Kevvy1875
13-12-2011, 10:46 PM
Rolling stones on the tannoy for the Derby then:agree:

Spike Mandela
13-12-2011, 10:48 PM
Quality Finish!!!:greengrin

Jonnyboy
13-12-2011, 10:50 PM
No doubt they'll gloss over it on Sickbag

Sir David Gray
13-12-2011, 10:51 PM
If we're being honest here, that is a really sad state of affairs.

It still doesn't take away from the fact that it's absolutely hilarious though! :faf:

matty_f
13-12-2011, 10:53 PM
:faf:

Can we think of any other jobs the Yams could do?

Andy Driver - caddy.

David Templeton - scuba instructor.

Any more for any more?

All we need is for one of them to rock up in a bar job and we've got the pub team jibe going again!:thumbsup:

I wonder if we'll get the commentators saying things like "and it's Rangers facing Hearts, many of their players coming straight from their day jobs to this evening's game..."

Leithenhibby
13-12-2011, 10:53 PM
He'll know what a "Sash Tool" is then!! :wink:

Jonnyboy
13-12-2011, 10:55 PM

Andy Driver - caddy.

Any more for any more?

All we need is for one of them to rock up in a bar job and we've got the pub team jibe going again!:thumbsup:

I wonder if we'll get the commentators saying things like "and it's Rangers facing Hearts, many of their players coming straight from their day jobs to this evening's game..."

Ryan Stevenson - tattoo artist

Gary Locke - piss artist

:greengrin

Kevvy1875
13-12-2011, 10:56 PM
Do Tynecastle take bookings direct?

It's just that with this recent spate of high winds(listen to it blowing tonight) I have 2 fence panels that have came loose at one side.

Or...if any Hearts players happened to be looking in here...

I will pay the going rate and fling in a free brew:agree:

Season of goodwill and all that.

Merry Christmas.

Kevvy1875
13-12-2011, 10:58 PM

Andy Driver - caddy.

Any more for any more?

Darren Barr-man:greengrin

Jonnyboy
13-12-2011, 10:59 PM
Darren Barr-man:greengrin

Fixed that for you Kev :greengrin

Kevvy1875
13-12-2011, 11:00 PM
Fixed that for you Kev :greengrin

Just realized that... Budweiser is evil.:greengrin

Jonnyboy
13-12-2011, 11:00 PM
Just realized that... Budweiser is evil.:greengrin

And so is Mad Vlad but I'm growing to love him :greengrin

Sergey
13-12-2011, 11:03 PM

Any more for any more?

Gary Glen - Footballer :faf:

Roman Romanov - Chairman :faf:

hibs0666
13-12-2011, 11:04 PM

Andy Driver - caddy.

Any more for any more?

Craig Thomson fancies doing a bit of youth counselling apparently.

Loopz
13-12-2011, 11:05 PM
Any Scottish worker being treated in this way by their employer is not funny.

Northernhibee
Elliot as a dancing instructor?

degenerated
Craig Thomson fancies doing a bit of youth counselling apparently.

Aye but as a hobby rather than as a job :agree:

Hibby cal
13-12-2011, 11:07 PM
Calum Elliot ==== cowboy/ranch hand
Gary Locke ==== rent boy
Gary Glen ==== snipper
:pfgwa:flag::pfgwa

Kevvy1875
Suso Santana

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/10/07/article-0-003C9A3200000258-888_224x423.jpg

Northernhibee

Agreed.

I'll give them £50 and a cheese toastie to install some better insulation in my flat, and I'll pay them up front an' aw :flag:

hibs0666
13-12-2011, 11:09 PM

Too right mate - I hope his decorator mate has put it through his books and not done any dodgy cash in hand deals.

Jonnyboy
13-12-2011, 11:09 PM
Suso Santana

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/10/07/article-0-003C9A3200000258-888_224x423.jpg

:faf: :top marks

C'mon the budweiser :greengrin

Bishop Hibee
13-12-2011, 11:16 PM
I remember the "Hearts to Go Part-time" headline in the EEN when they stayed down in the First Division. Sadly didn't happen then but has now :greengrin

Northernhibee
13-12-2011, 11:21 PM
Now CEC have pulled out of a community stadium, maybe Vlad could not pay the players to build themselves a new stadium?

Saorsa
13-12-2011, 11:22 PM
http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/f/falling_off_chair_laughing-836.gif

Saorsa
13-12-2011, 11:23 PM
Now CEC have pulled out of a community stadium, maybe Vlad could not pay the players to build themselves a new stadium?He could not pay them tae do all sorts of things :greengrin

hibee92
13-12-2011, 11:25 PM
"And the midfielder is struggling to make ends meet so much he was out helping a tradesman pal in Edinburgh on Monday to make some extra cash."

Ian Black has pals?

SteveHFC
13-12-2011, 11:26 PM

iwasthere1972
13-12-2011, 11:38 PM
:singing: Away up in Gorgie at Tynecastle Park
There's a skint fitba' team that won’t pay Ian Black
He’s told Vlad to stuff it and now works for his mate
He’s painting and decorating and winnae get paid late.

P -A- I- N- T
If you cannae spell it then here what it says
Paint, paint glorious paint
It comes in silk, gloss and matt
There's a range of colours to suit all tastes
I bought some green to paint my flat.

This is my Paintbrush, this is my paint
I'm working on Mondays, I've got no complaints
I'm saving up for a turkey and gifts for the kids
While waiting on Rangers and Celtic to come in with their bids. :singing:

Northernhibee
13-12-2011, 11:41 PM

P -A- I- N- T

That is absolute genius.

:top marks

SteveHFC
13-12-2011, 11:42 PM

P -A- I- N- T

:top marks

snooky
13-12-2011, 11:42 PM

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3997336/Hearts-star-Black-works-as-a-painter.html

Ebony & irony

matty_f
13-12-2011, 11:51 PM

P -A- I- N- T

:faf::faf::faf:

Superb!

Northernhibee
13-12-2011, 11:59 PM
Maybe they'll now consider buying a pack of stamps and an envelope should they ever consider in the future writing a letter of complaint to the SPL?

Brummie_Hibs
14-12-2011, 01:31 AM
To the tune of Paint It Black by The Rolling Stones:

"I am a poor man, and I need to paint says Black
No Jam Tarts anymore, I have to paint says Black
My kids need food and gifts, and some new warm winter clothes
But Vlad has left me in the s**t, without my pride or dough

He sees a picket fence, I can paint that says Ian Black
I will do it oh so well, that you'll always ask me back
I see Hibees turn their heads and loudly point and shout
We told you so ya stupid ******, but the Jambos have just found out"

Hainan Hibs
14-12-2011, 03:02 AM
Wonga's board of directors release their reaction to the financial situation of the employee's of Hearts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfUM5xHUY4M

For some reason this reminds me of the episode from Phoenix Nights where the two guys are singing in ASDA after the club shuts down. After Elliot's antics on youtube I put Callum Elliot forward for performing in ASDA,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqJpvWBQaMU

Or just touring the country on circus tour as Elephant Man.

IWasThere2016
14-12-2011, 04:40 AM
:faf: Fanfuggingtastic!!!

LET THE SLOW PAINFUL DEMISE BEGIN!

Kaiser1962
14-12-2011, 06:07 AM
No doubt they'll gloss over it on Sickbag

:agree:

It's all part of the plan!

The trumpets are dissing him for trying to earn some cash because the "third force" aren't paying him rather than bending over like they do. It is both hilarious and disgraceful in equal measure.

bingo70
14-12-2011, 06:11 AM
Funny though it is, fair play to him for getting off his erse and earning money instead of sitting about moaning about it.

1two
14-12-2011, 06:11 AM
Can anyone do a 'Hearts Christmas Carol' mock up maybe with the picture in the link below?
I wouldn't know how to.

http://cache2.artprintimages.com/p/LRG/20/2032/3O24D00Z/art-print/mickeys-christmas-carol.jpg

Ian black as tiny tim
Kevin Kyle as bob cratchit
Skacel as mrs cratchit
Vlad as Scrooge.

Insensitive? Yes
Funny? Yes

1two
14-12-2011, 06:15 AM

This please

Hibrandenburg
14-12-2011, 06:18 AM
Got to respect the guy for rolling up his sleeves and getting on with it. If if wasn't a Yam it might actually be quite tragic/inspiring.

Mikey
14-12-2011, 07:20 AM
Anyone got time to photoshop a pair of overalls and a few tins of paint into that pic?

CentreLine
14-12-2011, 07:28 AM

Good on the guy. At least he is rolling his sleeves up and doing something about it. Shame he hadn't shown as much sense when it came to choosing which Edinburgh club to sign for. His agent (would that be Mackay?) should be weighing him in from the fat wedge he took from the deal and be down on his knees apologising for giving such bad advice.

Hibbyradge
14-12-2011, 07:35 AM

P -A- I- N- T

Very good! :greengrin

scotia44
14-12-2011, 07:36 AM
Being the little bassa that he is he will be thinning the paint doon and using dug sh*te for putty :agree:

dinnae let him near yer windaes

He is whats known in the trade as a "Sash Tool"

down the slope
14-12-2011, 07:44 AM
Talking of putty, did you hear about the young inexperienced prostitute who got her tins of vaseline and putty mixed up ?.........all her windaes fell oot !.

Peevemor
14-12-2011, 07:45 AM
Talking of putty, did you hear about the young inexperienced prostitute who got her tins of vaseline and putty mixed up ?.........all her windaes fell oot !.

:thumbsup:

pacorosssco
14-12-2011, 07:50 AM

two things dont add up here

1) How can a man who has earned a rumored 8k a week for last two years on top of a professional football contract for the past ten be needing cash after missing one wage packet. Hes either been a real silly boy or this is for sympathy.

2) Ian Black has friends?

This is all a load of Paul Tosh. Now there was a man who should have been a painter

bingo70
14-12-2011, 07:56 AM

1) How can a man who has earned a rumored 8k a week for last two years on top of a professional football contract for the past ten be needing cash after missing one wage packet. Hes either been a real silly boy or this is for sympathy.

This is all a load of Paul Tosh. Now there was a man who should have been a painter

His outgoings will be relative to his income, for all we know he could have thousands put away in savings he can't get access to or he could be paying ridiculous amounts to his mortgage to get it paid off quickly.

I also think if they were told when they got paid last they'd have to wait 3 months to get paid again they could have made it last but they obviosuly didn't know that so they'll have spent their wages like normal.

i agree about the friends thing though, that doesn't add up and i'd appreciate it if you never mentioned paul tosh on this forum ever again, brings back horrible memories.

hibsforeurope
14-12-2011, 08:00 AM
This just highlights how daft the transfer window actually is with players not being allowed to play for a new club out with the window.
Gid on Black for having the baws to get a 'real' job to make sure his bairn has food on the table and xmas presents, like their pals will.

Still don't like the guy though.

bingo70
14-12-2011, 08:04 AM
This just highlights how daft the transfer window actually is with players not being allowed to play for a new club out with the window.
Gid on Black for having the baws to get a 'real' job to make sure his bairn has food on the table and xmas presents, like their pals will.

Still don't like the guy though.

I don't think the transfer window is a bad idea but there needs to be more flexibility in situations like this.

it's not a transfer after all it's players leaving a club that can't afford to pay their wages.

JeMeSouviens
14-12-2011, 08:16 AM
You wouldn't think he'd need the money, what with the snow falling out of the sky for free this time of year. :wink:

Pretty Boy
14-12-2011, 08:22 AM

I have a couple of mates who are pro footballers at SPL level and they said they couldn't understand fans with this attitude.

I don't know.about Blacks individual case but they guys I know pointed out the following: both of them pay a big chunk into a private pension scheme as they know they have a short career, both put money into building society savings accounts without instant access for future retraining, both have far higher mortages than you or I, both pay private school fees and run more than 1 car. Essentially there spending is relative to their income so they can no more afford to lose a couple of months pay than we could.

Andy74
14-12-2011, 08:26 AM
This is going to be the best Christmas ever.

Barney McGrew
14-12-2011, 08:27 AM
This is going to be the best Christmas ever.

Not for the Hertz players and their families it's not :wink:

Andy74
14-12-2011, 08:32 AM

Last Christmas, the Jambos got paid, but the very next year they're all getting nane.... :singing:

Thecat23
14-12-2011, 08:37 AM
I can't stand Black, but if i'm honest when i read he has a young daughter and was out working to get her Xmas presents, I actually felt sorry. Doesn't matter how much players earn, the more money you get the more money you spend on things. Fair play to him for actually going out to graft to get some cash. Still a horrible wee runt but i wouldn't wish people out a job or not getting paid by their employer.

Steve-O
14-12-2011, 08:39 AM

Feeeeeed the Jambos, let them know it's Christmas time....!

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01589/geldof_1589291c.jpg

WindyMiller
14-12-2011, 08:43 AM
I have a couple of mates who are pro footballers at SPL level and they said they couldn't understand fans with this attitude.

I don't know.about Blacks individual case but they guys I know pointed out the following: both of them pay a big chunk into a private pension scheme as they know they have a short career, both put money into building society savings accounts without instant access for future retraining, both have far higher mortages than you or I, both pay private school fees and run more than 1 car. Essentially there spending is relative to their income so they can no more afford to lose a couple of months pay than we could.

They will also be paying their mortgages over a shorter period with much higher monthly payments.

magpie1892

Bang on. We're not talking Tevez here, where simply signing the contract gives you a fee big enough for most folk to retire with.

1two

Right, as individual people, it's not funny. We get that. It's pretty shocking.

As this is happening at our bitter rivals club, what's the harm in having a giggle about it?

Barney McGrew
14-12-2011, 09:00 AM
Right, as individual people, it's not funny. We get that. It's pretty shocking.

As this is happening at our bitter rivals club, what's the harm in having a giggle about it?

You misunderstand me. I'm pishing myself laughing at them :greengrin

johnrebus
14-12-2011, 09:09 AM
I can't stand Black, but if i'm honest when i read he has a young daughter and was out working to get her Xmas presents, I actually felt sorry. Doesn't matter how much players earn, the more money you get the more money you spend on things. Fair play to him for actually going out to graft to get some cash. Still a horrible wee runt but i wouldn't wish people out a job or not getting paid by their employer.

This is a story in a red top daily newspaper, written in a certain way for effect.

Black will earn at least £2k per week if not more. Are we really saying that the guy is destitute after missing one months (less a grand) salary?

I don't think so.

Mind you, why let the truth get in the way of a good story?

:jamboclow

magpie1892
14-12-2011, 09:15 AM
Are we really saying that the guy is destitute after missing one months (less a grand) salary?

Yes, we are. Hence why he's breaching his contract with Hearts by working as a P&D, something that I doubt pays as well.

I doubt he's doing it for a laugh.

IWasThere2016
14-12-2011, 09:20 AM

They will also be paying their mortgages over a shorter period with much higher monthly payments.

Also partly off-set by signing on fees perhaps .. appreciation on previous homes etc ..

I don't get the sympathy bit. They earn enough to have some contingency savings in place IMHO.

That said, Vlad's non-payment is immoral. Not that he will worry about that of course.

J-C
14-12-2011, 09:24 AM
He was in the Living Room last night with Paul Hanlon , some youngsters from Hibs/Hearts u19's and Gary Mackay, they got me and another 2 cabs to take them to Kweilin restaurant Dundas St, all looking serious, obviously business talk.

Barney McGrew
14-12-2011, 09:27 AM
He was in the Living Room last night

I'm guessing someone else was buying the drinks for him :tee hee:

johnrebus
14-12-2011, 09:27 AM
Yes, we are. Hence why he's breaching his contract with Hearts by working as a P&D, something that I doubt pays as well.

Do you believe every, 'tug at the heart (sic) strings', story you read in the 'Sun'?

Black has to take on another job to make ends meet after missing one months salary - less a grand?

Garbage.

Anyway, whose to say he has'nt helped out his mate before, for whatever reasons?

:rolleyes:

CentreLine
14-12-2011, 09:31 AM

Too right. It is a disgrace what that club is doing. How can Foulks, Mackay and Deans hold their heads up in public?????

J-C
14-12-2011, 09:31 AM

Couple of agent there Gary Mackay and some fat faced, jovial joke cracking guy in his late 50's.

nonshinyfinish
14-12-2011, 09:40 AM

But you'd be pishing yourself if they were foreign? What an odd thing to say.

James70
14-12-2011, 09:44 AM

What about a chorus of "Painter Man" (Boney M and The Creation)

"Painter man, painter man, who wants to be a painter man"

Kojock
14-12-2011, 09:49 AM
I have heard that Black has had to give up P&D after injuring himself stretching up to paint the top of the skirting board.

:lolyam:

Hainan Hibs
14-12-2011, 10:00 AM
If I was a Hibs player I would do a bit of a Scotty Broon and wind Black up in the derby about his painting and decorating time.

We'd be playing against 10 men in no time :greengrin

frazeHFC
14-12-2011, 10:02 AM
:faf: :lolyam: :rotflmao:

SMAXXA
14-12-2011, 10:28 AM
He was in the Living Room last night with Paul Hanlon , some youngsters from Hibs/Hearts u19's and Gary Mackay, they got me and another 2 cabs to take them to Kweilin restaurant Dundas St, all looking serious, obviously business talk.

I take it that was after he finished in the bathroom, kitchen and bedrooms :greengrin

Northernhibee
14-12-2011, 10:33 AM
I take it that was after he finished in the bathroom, kitchen and bedrooms :greengrin Amazing.

pacorosssco
14-12-2011, 10:47 AM

I disagree. Ian Black is reputed to be on championship level wages. I fully understand the average spl footballer is not much better off than a person in a well paid job and will worry about a loss of income but those who earn 400,000 a year should be able to cope without ONE months wages without seeking a paint job. While I commend him for not waiting about this is a non story. While Im sure he has additional costs I bet the money he makes from painting can be found with a couple of adjustments.

Brooster
14-12-2011, 10:57 AM
I dont think Blacky will be short of a bob or two. To me it looks like he is working his ticket out of hearts to speed up his move to Hibs.

Thecat23
14-12-2011, 10:57 AM
This is a story in a red top daily newspaper, written in a certain way for effect.

Black will earn at least £2k per week if not more. Are we really saying that the guy is destitute after missing one months (less a grand) salary?

I don't think so.

Mind you, why let the truth get in the way of a good story?

:jamboclow

I'm not saying it's true. I'm saying if he really does have to do this, Hearts player or not don't find it funny at all. I also know a few SPL players and know that they would be in a tight spot if this happened. As explained by another poster it's not as easy as just saying, "oh well they must have some cash"

The whole saga at Hearts is funny though, they are getting what they deserve. (fans i'm talking about as well as the club)

lapsedhibee
14-12-2011, 10:58 AM

Think the bit in bold is misleading. Even fixed-term "no withdrawals allowed" building society savings accounts generally allow you to get at the money, with a loss of interest.

iwasthere1972
14-12-2011, 11:11 AM
I disagree. Ian Black is reputed to be on championship level wages. I fully understand the average spl footballer is not much better off than a person in a well paid job and will worry about a loss of income but those who earn 400,000 a year should be able to cope without ONE months wages without seeking a paint job. While I commend him for not waiting about this is a non story. While Im sure he has additional costs I bet the money he makes from painting can be found with a couple of adjustments.

:agree: This painting job is only to add to his cause and gain sympathy amongst the public. It will also help his case when the SFA get involved.

Lendo
14-12-2011, 11:12 AM

They got taxi's from The Livingroom to Dundas Street?!? It's under a five minute walk!!! :taxi

Hibercelona
14-12-2011, 11:13 AM
My room walls needing painted. I might just hire him for a laugh. :greengrin

Bristolhibby
14-12-2011, 11:14 AM
Although I hate Black with a passion, it is taking the piss when professional footballers are having to get odd jobs just to buy Christmas presents.

What gets me is that not one of the cants have grown the balls to complain to the SPL/SFA.

What's he going to do, transfer list you? By all accounts that's what's going to happen to the first team squad anyway.

Can't wait for the 2nd.

J

iwasthere1972
14-12-2011, 11:18 AM
Can one of the photoshop experts on here add a pot of paint and a ladder into the Hearts team photo. A bit like the Nade one but replace the BigMac with the home decorating tools. I need a new profile for facebook.

iwasthere1972
14-12-2011, 11:19 AM
They got taxi's from The Livingroom to Dundas Street?!? It's under a five minute walk!!! :taxi

Do you know how heavy a pair of ladders and 6 pots of paint are?

Hainan Hibs
14-12-2011, 11:24 AM
Sorry, but anyone earning that amount of cash a month should be able to go a month without having to become a painter, or at least have access to some cash, or they should be managing their accounts better, especially being at a club like Hearts.

I would have sympathy if it was a minimum wage worker who relied on it, but come off it, he earns more in a month and a half than a lot of people earn in a year.

He got a grand just a while back, if he is already becoming a part time painter with his previous wages then he's got to take a look at how he's managing that salary.

Mikey
14-12-2011, 11:30 AM
I dont think Blacky will be short of a bob or two. To me it looks like he is working his ticket out of hearts to speed up his move to Hibs.

I love how you just threw that in there and no-one has bitten :greengrin

Geo_1875
14-12-2011, 11:36 AM
I'd feel a lot more sympathetic if he wasn't known to "blow" considerable amounts of his rather large wage packet.

PatHead
14-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Sorry, but anyone earning that amount of cash a month should be able to go a month without having to become a painter, or at least have access to some cash, or they should be managing their accounts better, especially being at a club like Hearts.

I would have sympathy if it was a minimum wage worker who relied on it, but come off it, he earns more in a month and a half than a lot of people earn in a year.

He got a grand just a while back, if he is already becoming a part time painter with his previous wages then he's got to take a look at how he's managing that salary.

:top marksCouldn't agree more. Would understand it if it was one of their youngsters on a lower wage but find it hard to have sympathy for someone on that level of income. If we could all see the end was nigh he should have been making provision.

scoopyboy
14-12-2011, 11:42 AM
If I was a Hibs player I would do a bit of a Scotty Broon and wind Black up in the derby about his painting and decorating time.

We'd be playing against 10 men in no time :greengrin

He might be playing for us on January 2nd though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MSK
14-12-2011, 11:45 AM
He might be playing for us on January 2nd though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:paranoid:

silverhibee
14-12-2011, 11:45 AM

Good point's to make and also they pay a large chunk of there wages to the tax man too, but i dont buy that Black cant get a hold of some money to see him through the tough times just now.

Just seen in the Daily Record that Paul McBride is going to fight Romanov on behalf of the players for free of charge. :cb

silverhibee
14-12-2011, 11:54 AM

I doubt he was out working at all, if the Sun :rolleyes: had a couple of pictures of him in overalls painting someone's house then i might believe it, more like he went round to a mates house and it was getting painted and he got paint on his designer shoes walking on the paint sheets, and then came up with this story. :cb

silverhibee
14-12-2011, 11:56 AM

Dont be silly, it was the living room he was painting. :greengrin :cb

hibs0666
14-12-2011, 11:59 AM

Not forgetting the demands of high- maintenance trophy wives and burds...

KeithTheHibby
14-12-2011, 12:06 PM
Good point's to make and also they pay a large chunk of there wages to the tax man too, but i dont buy that Black cant get a hold of some money to see him through the tough times just now.

Just seen in the Daily Record that Paul McBride is going to fight Romanov on behalf of the players for free of charge. :cb

A tim helping the mini huns?! Must be xmas :greengrin

silverhibee
14-12-2011, 12:07 PM

Its a football club we are running not a rehab centre. :greengrin

eastmainsmsh
14-12-2011, 12:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgevV4tpXVE&feature=share :cb

Spike Mandela
14-12-2011, 12:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgevV4tpXVE&feature=share :cb

Video of band at Hearts Christmas party just in....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSdkEt9T6ng&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Keith_M
14-12-2011, 12:18 PM
This story reminds me an awful lot of the "Thomson cannae support his Mammy" when he was working his ticket at Hibs.

He would have to have spent a LOT of money on the white powdery stuff to be that skint.

James70
14-12-2011, 12:19 PM
Or this :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmxMqV00cUE

iwasthere1972
14-12-2011, 12:22 PM
Its a football club we are running not a rehab centre. :greengrin

News just in. Hibs have signed Ian Black.

The guy who is normally responsible for painting the white lines on the Easter Road pitch is off ill and Black has been drafted in as his replacement.

silverhibee
14-12-2011, 12:28 PM
Although I hate Black with a passion, it is taking the piss when professional footballers are having to get odd jobs just to buy Christmas presents.

What gets me is that not one of the cants have grown the balls to complain to the SPL/SFA.
What's he going to do, transfer list you? By all accounts that's what's going to happen to the first team squad anyway.

Can't wait for the 2nd.

J

I am sure they will have contacted the Players Union about this, the big problem is that no one can do anything until they have went without pay for 90 days, after that you will hear from SPL/SFA, players contracts will then be terminated and there case will go to Fifa to be dealt with, but it may take years for there case to be heard and even then there is no garantee that they will be paid out on there contracts,, Black has decided that he wont wait for the ninety days to run its course and is hoping that Vlad sacks him for breach of contract, that way Black will be able to sign for a club on the 1st January, maybe he has a club ready to sign him come January.

silverhibee
14-12-2011, 12:29 PM
I love how you just threw that in there and no-one has bitten :greengrin

I have.

cam75
14-12-2011, 12:31 PM
Im needing my windows washed and my car cleaned,they can keep any change down the back of seats aswell it is the festive season after all.....

silverhibee
14-12-2011, 12:33 PM
A tim helping the mini huns?! Must be xmas :greengrin

Thats Paul McBride of Neil Lennons Xmas card list then. :greengrin

iwasthere1972
14-12-2011, 12:36 PM
The good news for Black is the only yellow and red cards he'll be seeing at the moment are the paint swatches in Homebase and B&Q.

Jones28
14-12-2011, 01:10 PM
Not forgetting the demands of high- maintenance trophy wives and burds...Blacks bird is no trophy wife let me tell you...

Bristolhibby
14-12-2011, 01:39 PM
the good news for black is the only yellow and red cards he'll be seeing at the moment are the paint swatches in homebase and b&q.

pmsl!

basehibby
14-12-2011, 01:41 PM

Yes it is - for the likes of Black anyway. He knew exactly what he was letting himself in for when he signed for Hearts - or if he didn't then he must have been walking around with his head up his own jaxy. It was all over the papers for donkeys that they paid out 110% of their turnover on wages FFS.

The likes of Black (along with the likes of Kyle and Webster IIRC) had decent offers on the table from solvent clubs like Hibs but chose the short-term-greed option of accepting unsustainably high wages from a known serial defaulter - rather than engaging his brain.

He has only himself to blame IMO and will get very little sympathy from me.

HIBERNIAN-0762
14-12-2011, 01:47 PM
Yes it is - for the likes of Black anyway. He knew exactly what he was letting himself in for when he signed for Hearts - or if he didn't then he must have been walking around with his head up his own jaxy. It was all over the papers for donkeys that they paid out 110% of their turnover on wages FFS.

The likes of Black (along with the likes of Kyle and Webster IIRC) had decent offers on the table from solvent clubs like Hibs but chose the short-term-greed option of accepting unsustainably high wages from a known serial defaulter - rather than engaging his brain.

What he said :agree:

cam75
14-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Chaze and dave song on the 2nd Any old iron.......:pfgwa

hibs0666
14-12-2011, 02:34 PM
Blacks bird is no trophy wife let me tell you...

Maybe she's handy with a painter's pole. :confused:

Baader
14-12-2011, 02:44 PM
News just in. Hibs have signed Ian Black.

The guy who is normally responsible for painting the white lines on the Easter Road pitch is off ill and Black has been drafted in as his replacement.

He's good with white lines. Apparently...

fiolex1
14-12-2011, 02:52 PM
He should be good at painting, let's face it he's white washed Romanov's back door plenty times!

essexhibee
14-12-2011, 03:00 PM
So if they do not get paid by this 90 day period (jan 14th or whenever it is) what happens then? Can they take legal action as they will be entitled to their wages? Hearts fans seem to think its merely a cunning plan by romonov who's waiting for them to then be able to rip up their contracts and go for nothing.

bingo70
14-12-2011, 03:04 PM
They can then leave with fifas blessing and therefore able to sign for another club. They could walk out and sue hearts now but even if they won hearts could still hold their registration.

By waiting till the 14th they have done it by the book so able to sign for someone else, sue hearts and not risk getting done themselves for breach of contract

Andy74
14-12-2011, 03:09 PM
They can then leave with fifas blessing and therefore able to sign for another club. They could walk out and sue hearts now but even if they won hearts could still hold their registration.

By waiting till the 14th they have done it by the book so able to sign for someone else, sue hearts and not risk getting done themselves for breach of contract

Maybe. They have received a full wage since the 14 October and so I'm not sure that they are correct in thinking that 14 January they can walk.

I think that they are more willing to take a chance on that and argue their case though than do anyhting now when they know it is still inside any kind of 90 day limit.

If they didn't chance in January they may also be stuck getting clubs in February onwards. They may be ruled as free agents and able to sign immediately but I'm not sure that can be ruled on until the point they do it and so it woulkd be a risk any later. Clubs may also have already filled their budgets in January.

JimBHibees
14-12-2011, 05:51 PM
Maybe. They have received a full wage since the 14 October and so I'm not sure that they are correct in thinking that 14 January they can walk.

I think that they are more willing to take a chance on that and argue their case though than do anyhting now when they know it is still inside any kind of 90 day limit.

If they didn't chance in January they may also be stuck getting clubs in February onwards. They may be ruled as free agents and able to sign immediately but I'm not sure that can be ruled on until the point they do it and so it woulkd be a risk any later. Clubs may also have already filled their budgets in January.

Where has this 90 day limit come from? I would have thought that if they didnt pay the players it would be breach of contract and then Hearts would have had a period to remedy this if they didnt the players could walk.

Hibercelona
14-12-2011, 06:07 PM
Where has this 90 day limit come from? I would have thought that if they didnt pay the players it would be breach of contract and then Hearts would have had a period to remedy this if they didnt the players could walk.

If a contract has been breached by the club then the contract can indeed be terminated by the player. It certainly works that way vice versa when a player is in breach of the contract.

ginger_rice
14-12-2011, 06:48 PM
I reckon they could just chance it after all are Hearts in any shape to pay for an industrial tribunal?

Eyrie
14-12-2011, 06:48 PM
Given that the players are talking about January 14, I would assume that FIFA start the 90 day clock from the first missed wage date and would only cancel it once all wage arrears have been settled in full. Otherwise the payment, albeit late, of the October wages would mean that the 90 days would have to run from November and the date for the walk out wouldn't be until February.

Brebners Bookie
14-12-2011, 07:12 PM

Exactly this. His agent has to take some blame too. This coupled with his known expensive "habits" means there is not one bit of sympathy from me.

Bostonhibby
14-12-2011, 07:21 PM

:agree: I'm going to get him round to paint my fence, but he has to wear a cat costume, the Dug loves them.:wink:

mca
14-12-2011, 07:26 PM
im not so sure that black was breaking his fitba contract if in fact he was working, as he is employed full time but like us can also partake in other employment as long as he was not meant to be working with hearts.. reckon this is like poking a stick at vlad to see what reaction he gives the press....

as an experienced decorator i reckon if he did work for his mate he would only get about £100 fer a days (graft)...

Coco Bryce
14-12-2011, 07:30 PM
He's only working on his days off so no problem whatsoever. He's only labouring for his mate not actually painting or decorating as printed in the paper.

Bostonhibby
14-12-2011, 07:30 PM
im not so sure that black was breaking his fitba contract if in fact he was working, as he is employed full time but like us can also partake in other employment as long as he was not meant to be working with hearts.. reckon this is like poking a stick at vlad to see what reaction he gives the press....

as an experienced decorator i reckon if he did work for his mate he would only get about £100 fer a days (graft)...

Think you are probably right here, but I am going to grass him to the tax man and DSS anyway just to be on the safe side :greengrin

clerriehibs
14-12-2011, 07:31 PM

The last wage they received was the one that was due on 14 Oct. They received that in November, but that doesn't alter the fact that they haven't received money for their employment since 14 Oct.

Apart from that £1k "goodwill" gesture ... which might muddy the water a bit for them.

Geo_1875
14-12-2011, 07:34 PM
They received their last full wage on 16/10. 90 days from then is 14/01. If they don't get a full pay packet by then the breach of contract kicks in.

iwasthere1972
14-12-2011, 07:41 PM

Serious question here. What happens if Black mysteriously falls off his ladder while trying to reach the high parts? How would he stand :wink: regarding medical bills. I would guess that Vlad would be laughing his ass off knowing that he could probably rip his contract up for gross stupidity.

Caversham Green
14-12-2011, 07:42 PM

I think it might work like this: The due date for the last full payment they have received was 16 October, it's the date they have been paid up to that's relevant, not the actual date the money was paid. 14 January is the 91st day after that, and that seems to be when FIFA would allow then to terminate their contracts and sign for another club. The £1,000 part payments might throw a spanner in the ointment though, and I think they were ill-advised if they accepted it.

I suspect the players could walk now claiming constructive dismissal or breach of contract, but that would raise a legal argument which would have to be heard by a court or tribunal and that is unlikely to be heard before the end of the transfer window. In the meantime, other clubs would be reluctant to sign the players as HoMFC might try to claim a transfer fee (£15m for Templeton anyone?) and they can't be certain the football authorities would accept their registration in any case. In other words the problem is not leaving HoMFC it's being able to sign for another club.

Bostonhibby
14-12-2011, 07:46 PM
Serious question here. What happens if Black mysteriously falls off his ladder while trying to reach the high parts? How would he stand :wink: regarding medical bills. I would guess that Vlad would be laughing his ass off knowing that he could probably rip his contract up for gross stupidity.

If covered on one of the insurance schemes most football clubs use for football players in pursuit of their employment with the club / football, the bills would be taken care of. Some clubs are rich enough not to need the cover and do it themselves, or the players do. Anything not associated with the club is unlikely to be covered by the clubs medical insurance arrangements.

McHibby
14-12-2011, 07:52 PM

It would depend on the contract, it could well state that the employee is not allowed to engage in other paid work. A lot of full time workers still have to clear it with their main employee about taking another part time job - I have had that written in quite a few work contracts, including my current one.

I do hope he is declaring this £100 to HMRC :greengrin

iwasthere1972
14-12-2011, 07:59 PM
It would depend on the contract, it could well state that the employee is not allowed to engage in other paid work. A lot of full time workers still have to clear it with their main employee about taking another part time job - I have had that written in quite a few work contracts, including my current one.

I do hope he is declaring this £100 to HMRC :greengrin

I hope it's going through the books as he will probably be hit for tax from the first penny and NI contributions. He may even need a CSCS card and if not then he could be classed as a :cb

Oscar T Grouch
14-12-2011, 08:01 PM
:agree: I'm going to get him round to paint my fence, but he has to wear a cat costume, the Dug loves them.:wink:

I wudnae let ma dug bite Black, dinae ken what he'd catch:agree:

Bostonhibby
14-12-2011, 08:04 PM
I wudnae let ma dug bite Black, dinae ken what he'd catch:agree:

:greengrin Right enough, maybe better if I just take pot shots oot the windae wi my rifle.

mca
14-12-2011, 08:07 PM
I hope it's going through the books as he will probably be hit for tax from the first penny and NI contributions. He may even need a CSCS card and if not then he could be classed as a :cb

He will not need a cscs card - altho i seriously doubt he did a days work - he will have to declare it and pay tax etc !!

( probably get around it with unpaid volunteer status - kinda like working in a charity shop for a few hours a week )

im sure this has just done to mess with the big boss :cb

Barney McGrew
14-12-2011, 08:09 PM
probably get around it with unpaid volunteer status - kinda like working in a charity shop for a few hours a week

Is that not what he's doing at Tynecastle?

scoopyboy
14-12-2011, 08:13 PM
I see Black is taking an awful lot of stick on this thread and I can understand why.

Question is though how would you feel about him if he signed for Hibs?

mca
14-12-2011, 08:19 PM
I see Black is taking an awful lot of stick on this thread and I can understand why.

Cant stand the little runt and he is guaranteed a yellow card per game at the least !! - but he has prospects and i reckon if PF and team can sort him out, get his head down and playing fitba.. who knows

truehibernian
14-12-2011, 08:23 PM
I see Black is taking an awful lot of stick on this thread and I can understand why.Question is though how would you feel about him if he signed for Hibs? I think we will find out in January scoopy.For me it's a no brainer, he would walk into the midfield and is a better footballer than folk give credit for. Plus he is a player with dig to his game.....something every team needs. A player other sides (and fans) dislike playing against, but all would secretly have in their side.He will be a good addition (if and when) IMHO.

CentreLine
14-12-2011, 08:24 PM
They received their last full wage on 16/10. 90 days from then is 14/01. If they don't get a full pay packet by then the breach of contract kicks in.

On his radio interview last Monday Gary Mackay seemed to believe that the club had been very cute about its payment dates and the payment to the players meant that the 90 days would now not lapse until immediately after the January transfer window. That would make sense since the club wants money badly and would do everything it could to ensure players could not walk without a fee. If they walk after the window closes then they could not play for another Scottish club until after the close season in summer. But of course he may be right on this occasion but Gary Mackay's judgement is hardly anything to set your standards by IMHO.

Would the last one out please turn out the lights :lurksub:

H18sry
14-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Wouldn't want him painting my flat, only colours he seems to know are yellow and red!

mca
14-12-2011, 08:29 PM
On his radio interview last Monday Gary Mackay seemed to believe that the club had been very cute about its payment dates and the payment to the players meant that the 90 days would now not lapse until immediately after the January transfer window. That would make sense since the club wants money badly and would do everything it could to ensure players could not walk without a fee. If they walk after the window closes then they could not play for another Scottish club until after the close season in summer. But of course he may be right on this occasion but Gary Mackay's judgement is hardly anything to set your standards by IMHO.

Would the last one out please turn out the lights :lurksub:

Could totally agree with this - hearts and romanov aint daft - im sure they have sussed a few things out within the rule book ....

maybe thats why blackie is taking the piss with decorating thing - just to see if they sack him..

clum wasnt so daft and agreed to rip up his contract - and probably with no pay off whatsover !!!

Hibby D
14-12-2011, 08:32 PM

I know you are often good for a scoop J but seriously? Black to Hibs?

He's a thug on the field of play and has some dubious off-field hobbies.

No thanks. Not at my club :no way:

.Sean.
14-12-2011, 08:43 PM

How likely is this?

SteveHFC
14-12-2011, 08:45 PM

Don't want that prick at the club :aok:

scoopyboy
14-12-2011, 08:49 PM
I know you are often good for a scoop J but seriously? Black to Hibs?

He's a thug on the field of play and has some dubious off-field hobbies.

No thanks. Not at my club :no way:

I don't think it is beyond the realms of possibility.

Thing is D, you don't want him but would you still go and watch Hibs if he signed?

scoopyboy
14-12-2011, 08:58 PM
How likely is this?

I'm not saying it is likely but I could see it happening.

Billy Brown is a fan of his.

Black himself now hates it at Hearts and he has a house at Prestonpans that he could easily stay at if he signed for Hibs.

He moved to Hearts because he wanted to be near his family, signing for Hibs would still keep him close to his family. Where would others come from that would enable him to stay put?

FWIW I think a lot of Hibs fans wouldn't particularly want him given the choice but if he signed and played well he would be very quickly accepted by us.

He very rarely loses a game when him and Hibs are on the same park!!!!!!!!

bingo70
14-12-2011, 09:06 PM
Lots of people said they wouldn't accept I-hun Murray back cos of his hunness.

Amazing how all that's forgotten after one crunching tackle, goal or good game, if he helps us start winning games I Couldnae care if we signed him from the moon

Hibercelona
14-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Lots of people said they wouldn't accept I-hun Murray back cos of his hunness.

Amazing how all that's forgotten after one crunching tackle, goal or good game, if he helps us start winning games I Couldnae care if we signed him from the moon

I hate the runt (Black I mean).

But if he puts 10 or more past "Hearts Athletics" one day, then he'll be an instant hero in my book. :agree:

eastmainsmsh
14-12-2011, 09:25 PM
good player with a bit of dig and full of running something we lack he could be a good signing

mca
14-12-2011, 09:38 PM
time for a blackie in a hibs shirt poll !!!! - i would post one but as im newbie... :not worth

Hibbyradge
14-12-2011, 09:41 PM
time for a blackie in a hibs shirt poll !!!! - i would post one but as im newbie... :not worth

I'd tell you to go for it, but I'd rather not let the yams know we might admire one of their players.

Hibby D
14-12-2011, 09:44 PM
I don't think it is beyond the realms of possibility.

Thing is D, you don't want him but would you still go and watch Hibs if he signed?

I honestly don't know :dunno: There was a time when my love for Hibs was unconditional but not any more.

I'd just rather he didn't come anywhere near us :agree:

IWasThere2016
14-12-2011, 11:10 PM
I'd just rather he didn't come anywhere near us :agree:

Kevvy1875
14-12-2011, 11:14 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3999600/Gary-backs-Blacks-job.html

G (http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3999600/Gary-backs-Blacks-job.html)ary is taking bookings for Blackie btw.

Just in case anyone is interested, needing work done etc.

The_Exile
15-12-2011, 10:18 AM
The Matty Jack role, need I say more? We've been crying out for a thug in the middle of the park for little under a decade, problem is, half of us want a team full of Lionel Messi's, mind what league we're watching here chaps eh? :wink:

J-C
15-12-2011, 10:25 AM

Erm did you see the weather that night, blowing a gale and heavy rain. :confused:

PatHead
15-12-2011, 10:45 AM
Whilst I can see the attraction of Black to some fans I don't really think he is the type of midfield player we desperately need. Someone who can make a telling pass would be a better spend of the budget.

JimBHibees
15-12-2011, 01:16 PM

I would have thought he may have to get permission from his employer to partake in other employment irrespective if he was due to be working with Hearts on that day.