PDA

View Full Version : Who would you take?

Fat Penlon
13-12-2011, 07:34 PM
Nice easy 1 people, list all the players currently at the pbs
who you would be happy to see at er in January.

SteveHFC
13-12-2011, 07:34 PM
Jonsson
Stevenson

Fat Penlon
13-12-2011, 07:36 PM
Jonsson and Sutton for me.

Andy74
13-12-2011, 07:37 PM
Any of them. It'd just be funny.

MSK
13-12-2011, 07:37 PM
Rima ...

Scouse Hibee
13-12-2011, 07:40 PM
None of them! You wouldn't be able to get on Hibs.net the moment one of them had a bad game, conspiracy theories galore!!!

.Sean.
13-12-2011, 07:43 PM
More of them than I care to admit, to be honest. They've several players who would strengthen the current squad.

bingo70
13-12-2011, 07:46 PM
Not everyone's cup of tea but I'd be happy with Ian black, exactly the sort of bite in midfield we've been missing.

Other than that the likes of driver, jonnson and Webster would walk into our team the now unfortunately

Fat Penlon
13-12-2011, 07:48 PM
More of them than I care to admit, to be honest. They've several players who would strengthen the current squad. Bb must have a couple in mind? I doubt we could get templeton or driver, not sure about stevenson/grainger/barr?

Fat Penlon
13-12-2011, 07:50 PM
Not everyone's cup of tea but I'd be happy with Ian black, exactly the sort of bite in midfield we've been missing.Other than that the likes of driver, jonnson and Webster would walk into our team the now unfortunately Forgot about webster!

Saorsa
13-12-2011, 07:50 PM
need tae hit them with the auld DDT if we're going tae take them

http://aab.lshtm.ac.uk/sites/aab.lshtm.ac.uk/files/spray.jpg

never ken what sort of nasties they've picked up there

Fat Penlon
13-12-2011, 07:55 PM
need tae hit them with of the auld DDT if we're going tae take themhttp://aab.lshtm.ac.uk/sites/aab.lshtm.ac.uk/files/spray.jpg never ken what sort of nasties they've picked up there Tams no used that since mikey stewart! :-)

PISTOL1875
13-12-2011, 09:07 PM
Not everyone's cup of tea but I'd be happy with Ian black, exactly the sort of bite in midfield we've been missing.

Other than that the likes of driver, jonnson and Webster would walk into our team the now unfortunately

I would take IB as well.. He is a little rodent but we would really benefit from his bite in the middle of the park...

Hibee87
13-12-2011, 09:23 PM
wouldny mind seeing that touli (sp) seems like he can unlock defenses and has good awarness, always said this when he was at killi about 3 year ago.

wouldnt want IB anywhere enar us, hes a dirty little clunt who can GTF. kello without a shaddow of a doubt would be a steal.

BEEJ
13-12-2011, 09:25 PM
I would take IB as well.. He is a little rodent but we would really benefit from his bite in the middle of the park...
:agree:

And I've got a bedroom needs painting.

Pedantic_Hibee
13-12-2011, 09:26 PM
I would take Ian Black. The walls on the concourse in the Main Stand could do with a fresh lick of paint.

RickyS
13-12-2011, 09:30 PM
More of them than I care to admit, to be honest. They've several players who would strengthen the current squad.

me too, i have said since the summer we were short on quality and looking at our squad and then the options they have, i would take

Kello
Grainger
Hamill
Webster
Barr
Jonnson
Stephen Elliot
Driver
Templeton
Sutton
Stevenson
Taouill
Skacel
Zaliukis

Dunbar Hibee
13-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Black is pish. Absolute liability. Really don't rate him as a player, and don't even get me started on as a person.

Would defo take Jonsson, and Webster. At the moment doubt they would want to sign for us though.

erin go bragh
13-12-2011, 09:39 PM
none of them .

Ggtth

mjh
13-12-2011, 09:50 PM
we should follow a different strategy and take the best of their u19s - those guys may be getting paid but they cant be happy -

sundo1875
13-12-2011, 10:07 PM
Angus beith under 17s looks a hot prospect would take him

Baldy Foghorn
13-12-2011, 10:48 PM
Would maybe take Sutton and Templeton

Jonnyboy
13-12-2011, 11:02 PM
Blacky could come in handy on here :hnet:

HibeeMG
14-12-2011, 02:26 AM
Black is pish. Absolute liability. Really don't rate him as a player, and don't even get me started on as a person.

Would defo take Jonsson, and Webster. At the moment doubt they would want to sign for us though.

This ^ :agree:

500miles
14-12-2011, 05:57 AM
Grainger, Jonsson and Taouil. These are the guys who would make a marked difference to our team. Zaliukas, maybe, but I'd want someone more reliable.
Webster is too injury prone, Stevenson isn't a great player, Templeton has other suitors, and the rest aren't the quality of player I'd want to see at Hibs. Skacel seems to have fallen off the face of the planet?

J-C
14-12-2011, 09:38 AM
Skacel as we need a playmaker asap
Webster to shore up the defense
Templeton because he's better than what we've got
Sutton as he's a proven SPL scorer
Driver because when fit he can be a match winner

Aldo
14-12-2011, 09:50 AM
The following and as posted on another thread

Kello - on his game the best keeper in SPL

Jonnsson - can play RB and is reliable and
quality

Zaliukas - on his game the best CH in the SPL... Only if he cuts out his thuggery

Stevenson - this boys work rate is excellent. Plays every game like its his last and gives his all. Can also score. What our team needs TBH

Slate me if you wish but the above would enhance our team no end.

Andy74
14-12-2011, 11:01 AM
me too, i have said since the summer we were short on quality and looking at our squad and then the options they have, i would take

Kello
Grainger
Hamill
Webster
Barr
Jonnson
Stephen Elliot
Driver
Templeton
Sutton
Stevenson
Taouill
Skacel
Zaliukis

Worryingly they would all get a game for us!

Albion Hibs
14-12-2011, 11:47 AM
None of them.

In fact the only one I would be tempted to take is Black, sign him on a really long contract and then stop paying him and have him and his pal paint the training centre instead.

Not welcome.

Franck is God
14-12-2011, 11:49 AM
Their full back options are better than ours and I would have been happy to see both Grainger and Hamill arrive at ER last summer along with Webster. I also heard we offered Webster a deal with a higher basic than Hearts but the deal he got at Hearts gave him higher playing bonuses, wonder how thats working out for him...

Taouill is probably the only midfielder that would give us something a little different to our current squad.

Bayern Bru
14-12-2011, 01:42 PM
Why do people want Barr and Driver? There's a lad plays 5s on the pitch next to us who's pulled on a Hearts shirt more often than they have. :confused:

Injury-prone and overrated IMO.

Ritchie
14-12-2011, 01:51 PM
Actually cant believe people would consider taking Ian Black!

not only is he a wee scrote, he is absolutely gash at football.

Andy74
14-12-2011, 02:41 PM

not only is he a wee scrote, he is absolutely gash at football.

Do you recall last season when we thought that Palsson, Scott and Thornhill were at last going to be able to dominate a derby and physically match Hearts and then play them off the park?

Didn't happen and Black was a large part of the reason why.

Of course he is a wee sctore and like Vinnie Jones, Robbie Savage and Neil Lennon before him he's exactly the type of player that I'd welcome us having in our team for a change.

We seem to get the odd player who thinks he can play like that but gets himself booked in the firts minute or sent off. Black seems pretty good at avoiding that most of the time.

Dunbar Hibee
14-12-2011, 03:06 PM
Do you recall last season when we thought that Palsson, Scott and Thornhill were at last going to be able to dominate a derby and physically match Hearts and then play them off the park?

Didn't happen and Black was a large part of the reason why.

Of course he is a wee sctore and like Vinnie Jones, Robbie Savage and Neil Lennon before him he's exactly the type of player that I'd welcome us having in our team for a change.

We seem to get the odd player who thinks he can play like that but gets himself booked in the firts minute or sent off. Black seems pretty good at avoiding that most of the time.

:confused:

Have you seen Black's disciplinary record?

Saorsa
14-12-2011, 03:08 PM

not only is he a wee scrote, he is absolutely gash at football.:top marks

Andy74
14-12-2011, 03:11 PM
:confused:

Have you seen Black's disciplinary record?

No, you'll have to tell me. I don't think there's many reds in there is there?

Bayern Bru
14-12-2011, 03:13 PM
Anyone who thinks Black doesn't have a problem with discipline needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

6 yellows and 2 reds in all competitions this season alone, with one sending off resulting in a 3-match ban.

JustSimplyHibs
14-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Nice easy 1 people, list all the players currently at the pbs
who you would be happy to see at er in January.

Kello to replace Brown

Zallukus to replace Hart

Black, Templeton, Stevenson and Driver replacing Thornhill, Sproule, Galbraith

Sutton to replace Aggogo

People come in players defo have to go

JustSimplyHibs
14-12-2011, 03:23 PM
Anyone who thinks Black doesn't have a problem with discipline needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

6 yellows and 2 reds in all competitions this season alone, with one sending off resulting in a 3-match ban.

Ivan Sproule, Leigh Griffiths :wink:

Bayern Bru
14-12-2011, 03:23 PM
Kello to replace Brown

Zallukus to replace Hart

Black, Templeton, Stevenson and Driver replacing Thornhill, Sproule, Galbraith

Sutton to replace Aggogo

People come in players defo have to go

Given the trouble we've had trying to get a decent right back, I'm not sure a centre back/defensive midfielder would be the answer.

Andy74
14-12-2011, 03:29 PM

In six years in Scotland he has had 3 red cards and 70 yellows.

One red card every two years on average (and none for Hearts before the two recent ones) and one yellow every three games.

Doesn't look like a big problem to me for the type of player he is.

JustSimplyHibs
14-12-2011, 03:31 PM
Given the trouble we've had trying to get a decent right back, I'm not sure a centre back/defensive midfielder would be the answer.

Confident a big, very good, strong, right back that likes to push forward will be with us by end Jan :thumbsup:

Bayern Bru
14-12-2011, 03:48 PM
Ivan Sproule, Leigh Griffiths :wink:

I must have missed the two red cards Sproule and Griffiths have each received this season :wink:
For what it's worth, Hibs have had no red cards in the league so far, but are joint top of the yellows table :greengrin
Anyway, two indisciplined wee radges is enough for one team!

In six years in Scotland he has had 3 red cards and 70 yellows.

One red card every two years on average (and none for Hearts before the two recent ones) and one yellow every three games.

Doesn't look like a big problem to me for the type of player he is.

I was basing my reply on this season alone, Andy, as I think he's getting worse in terms of discipline (or lack thereof). The fact that Sergio has had to defend him publicly and vociferously speaks a lot. I don't think he's the terrible player some are making him out to be, but he is one who I think wouldn't be welcomed to the club very much.

Confident a big, very good, strong, right back that likes to push forward will be with us by end Jan :thumbsup:

Undoubtedly. However, you cited Zaliukas to replace Hart - Zaliukas is nae right back! :greengrin

JustSimplyHibs
14-12-2011, 07:02 PM
I must have missed the two red cards Sproule and Griffiths have each received this season :wink:
For what it's worth, Hibs have had no red cards in the league so far, but are joint top of the yellows table :greengrin
Anyway, two indisciplined wee radges is enough for one team!

I was basing my reply on this season alone, Andy, as I think he's getting worse in terms of discipline (or lack thereof). The fact that Sergio has had to defend him publicly and vociferously speaks a lot. I don't think he's the terrible player some are making him out to be, but he is one who I think wouldn't be welcomed to the club very much.

Undoubtedly. However, you cited Zaliukas to replace Hart - Zaliukas is nae right back! :greengrin

'players come in, players defo have to go'

Nope cited Hart of the wage bill for Zallukus :wink:

Macaroon
14-12-2011, 07:05 PM
Angus beith under 17s looks a hot prospect would take him

I'm having trials at hearts with him currently, a good mate of mine.

Very, very good player.

Hibbyradge
14-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Any of them. It'd just be funny.

All of them would be funnier!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
14-12-2011, 07:41 PM
I'd take Ian Black

and then not pay him, just for a laugh :greengrin

Sammy7nil
14-12-2011, 09:04 PM
I'd take Ian Black

and then not pay him, just for a laugh :greengrin

I would take Black and let him paint the stands - like the Forth Bridge he could paint for ever.

I dont want ANY Jambo's playing at Hibs

bingo70
14-12-2011, 09:16 PM
If we signed a couple and they started helping us win games how long would you stay annoyed or dissapointed for?

I'd still celebrate exactly the same regardless if we had a couple of ex-jambos in there or not

Hibercelona
14-12-2011, 09:27 PM
Lets see... What have we got here....

Black - He can ensure that the paint doesn't fade off the seats

Suso - An extra waiter in the restaurant would certainly do no harm

Clum - He could provide some half time entertainment :dancer:

Any other experience that we're looking out for?

Sammy7nil
14-12-2011, 09:28 PM
If we signed a couple and they started helping us win games how long would you stay annoyed or dissapointed for?

I'd still celebrate exactly the same regardless if we had a couple of ex-jambos in there or not

So would I but it would be better if we won without any Jambo's