PDA

View Full Version : Sick Kids

Ozyhibby
13-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Well done the Hibs players who visited the sick kids today. Made my wee boys day.
Took plenty of time to chat to all the kids and lots of patience for photos.

Sean1875
13-12-2011, 05:37 PM
Well done the Hibs players who visited the sick kids today. Made my wee boys day.
Always nice to hear the players doing something like this :agree:
What players made an appearance?

Ozyhibby
13-12-2011, 05:43 PM
Ivan, Gaz, stack, o'hanlon, Lewis Stevenson and Leigh Griffiths.
Don't tell Rod but Sparky was not shy at all when handing out the merchandise.
Great bunch of lads.

cocopops1875
13-12-2011, 06:02 PM
I always like to read positive stuff about the lads. Having worked in the sick kids I can imagine the joy a wee visit from some football players would bring :-) hope rod doesn't read about sparkys frivolous attitude to club merchandise though lol

Paisley Hibby
13-12-2011, 06:15 PM

Great story! Hope your wee boy is OK and gets out in time for Christmas.

Scouse Hibee
13-12-2011, 06:15 PM

:aok: Superb, love to hear of players doing this sort of thing!

PS Hope your wee boy gets well soon.

BroxburnHibee
13-12-2011, 06:20 PM

Stacky was certainly moved by it. Here's what he posted on Facebook....................

"Spent a couple of hours today @ The Sick Kids Hospital with a few of the lads. Third time there and never seems to get any easier! The staff are remarkable and its always nice to meet the children. Had Hibs Teddy's, Water Bottles and Calendars but was fair to say the Chocolate was the most popular as there wasn't many Hibbees there. Met a young boy of 9 months today with his Mum who has been fighting for his life on a daily basis after being born after 28 weeks, He has continues to defy the odds after battling serious infection and countless operations. Certainly gives you a lot to think about and puts things in perspective especially when you have 3 kids yourself. Also a mention to Sue from the club who plays such a key role in making the effort with a number of charities and projects and bringing awareness to the people that need it most."

Pretty Boy
13-12-2011, 06:24 PM
I used to work for a charity and still volunteer and Hibs as a club weren't always easy to deal with. The players, however, were always fantastic and couldn't do enough to help.

As a club Hibs are also getting better and positive stories like this help reinforce this.

Well done to the players and the club

Ozyhibby
13-12-2011, 06:52 PM
My wee boys will be out tomorrow. Just a minor chest infection. Stack did indeed spend a lot of time with that baby.
My wee boy liked Ivan sproule because he 'talked funny'.
Lewis Stevenson also very chatty with the kids but a great effort from all the lads.

Scouse Hibee
13-12-2011, 06:55 PM
My wee boys will be out tomorrow. Just a minor chest infection. Stack did indeed spend a lot of time with that baby.
My wee boy liked Ivan sproule because he 'talked funny'.
Lewis Stevenson also very chatty with the kids but a great effort from all the lads.

:aok:

Ozyhibby
13-12-2011, 07:09 PM
This is not a dig at Hearts in any way but the staff here were saying that the two teams usually come round together but that this year they did not think Hearts would be able to send anyone although they were hopeful that a couple of players would pop in out with club activities.
Staff said Hearts players normally regular visitors as well.
While I normally love sticking it to them it's a real shame when stuff like this is affected by Romanovs nonsense.

cocopops1875
13-12-2011, 07:18 PM
Ozy I didn't know that they went round together. Agree I hope a few of their players get down to see the barins its the little things that count. Hope your wee one is all better for Christmas :-)