PDA

View Full Version : Will St Johnston do us a favour tonight?

RiseAbove
13-12-2011, 03:24 PM
Would be good if St Johnston beat Aberdeen tonight, cant say its a game that i am looking forward to watching, Aberdeen have failed to score in 6 of their last 8 away games, Motherwell blew St Johnston away on Saturday but lets hope they can rebound and do us a favour tonight.

Under 2 goals must be a banker bet.

SteveHFC
13-12-2011, 03:27 PM
Hopefully St.Johnstone win

Golden Bear
13-12-2011, 03:41 PM
I've a feeling that there is a chance the game could be off because of the weather.

On top of that St Johnstone seem to be riddled with injuries so they could struggle if the match goes ahead.

Kammy1875
13-12-2011, 03:43 PM
I think the sheep will win it for some reason.

R'Albin
13-12-2011, 03:55 PM
C'Mon the saints :thumbsup:

Spike Mandela
13-12-2011, 04:03 PM
We need all the help we can get.:agree:

Mikey
13-12-2011, 04:28 PM
We need all the help we can get.:agree:

Nah, we're perfectly capable of looking after ourselves.

I'll take the draw.

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-12-2011, 04:41 PM
if this wind and rain keeps up, the game will be called off.

Franck Stanton
13-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Sad days indead when a team of Hibs stature is dependant on St Johnstone doing us a favour as early as middle of December. Sad , sad times.

iwasthere1972
13-12-2011, 05:15 PM
Too early in the season to be thinking about relegation so for that reason I'm not really bothered what the score is tonight. Unless we play like Turnbull's Tornadoes in the second half of the season the best we will probably achieve in the league this season will be 5th or 6th.

Hamish
13-12-2011, 05:48 PM
The wind is bad enough in Edinburgh - god only knows what it's like in Perth. Game will be a lottery I would imagine.

R'Albin
13-12-2011, 05:51 PM
Sad days indead when a team of Hibs stature is dependant on St Johnstone doing us a favour as early as middle of December. Sad , sad times.

The only reason I want Saints to win is because I hate Aberdeen, not because of us :greengrin

Franck Stanton
13-12-2011, 06:19 PM
The only reason I want Saints to win is because I hate Aberdeen, not because of us :greengrin

Fair enough mate, obviously , given the position we find ourselves in I automatically assumed it was for the teams benefit.

P.S. Why the hatred for Aberdeen ?

R'Albin
13-12-2011, 06:25 PM
Fair enough mate, obviously , given the position we find ourselves in I automatically assumed it was for the teams benefit.

P.S. Why the hatred for Aberdeen ?

Well I think that was the other people in the thread's logic..:agree:

Their fans are so arrogant, and a lot of them still bang on about 1983.. and the fact when they lose it's always down to luck not them being..er..crap :greengrin

Franck Stanton
13-12-2011, 06:30 PM
Well I think that was the other people in the thread's logic..:agree:

Their fans are so arrogant, and a lot of them still bang on about 1983.. and the fact when they lose it's always down to luck not them being..er..crap :greengrin

Mmmmm..... seems a lot of clubs/even countries harp on and on about past glories, [hibbys included - 7-0 wasn't exactly just last season now was it ], Herts go on and on and on about their S/C wins, Engerland about 1966, etc etc, hardly, IMO a reason to "Hate" a teams supporters.

R'Albin
13-12-2011, 06:37 PM
Mmmmm..... seems a lot of clubs/even countries harp on and on about past glories, [hibbys included - 7-0 wasn't exactly just last season now was it ], Herts go on and on and on about their S/C wins, Engerland about 1966, etc etc, hardly, IMO a reason to "Hate" a teams supporters.

Fair enough, but that plus the fact their supporters are incredibly irritating probably add to that..:agree:

greenlex
13-12-2011, 06:38 PM

Not really getting your point Eric. If we were in second place behind Aberdeen on goal difference and they had a ame in hand against St Johnstone to get ahead on points I would want St Johnstone to win.

Not nice being where we are but unashamed to want a home win tonight.

Suppose your point is where we are rather than hoping for soeone of a lesser stature to give us a hand.

SteveHFC
13-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Come on St.Johnstone FFS

SteveHFC
13-12-2011, 06:59 PM
1-0 Sheep

**** Off

HibeeMG
13-12-2011, 06:59 PM
Have St J's been ordered to play behind closed doors?! That must be an awful attendance.

1-0 Aberdeen

IWasThere2016
13-12-2011, 07:02 PM
Vermin for Sheepybassas!

calmacuk
13-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Have St J's been ordered to play behind closed doors?! That must be an awful attendance.

1-0 Aberdeen

Must be below 2,000 people there. Why is this game on TV?

HibeeMG
13-12-2011, 07:06 PM
Must be below 2,000 people there. Why is this game on TV?

It's a rescheduled game after the original one was called off. The first game was on SKY too so I suppose they have some sort of commitment to it. God knows why they's want to show the original game also though.

GreenCastle
13-12-2011, 07:09 PM

1-0 Aberdeen

Thinking that also - the weather isn't helping but the general trends with Scottish Football are so evident.

Winter football should be moved to summer.

SPL Prices are too expensive

Although T.V money is important - they are also killing crowds at live games.

When is the next time we can see attendances at SPL games increase ? Seems every club is suffering and it's not just the economy's fault.

IWasThere2016
13-12-2011, 07:17 PM
What aboot Ozzy's bro for RB?

Like Foster tae :agree:

iwasthere1972
13-12-2011, 07:24 PM
Good job Lomas wasn't saying sweary words just as the guy stuck a mic in his face.

At The Edge
13-12-2011, 07:28 PM
just switched it off, dreadful game, weather not helping but it just hoof from one end and then hoof back up to the other end.
think even the commentaters are struggling to make this game sound entertaining.

iwasthere1972
13-12-2011, 07:31 PM
just switched it off, dreadful game, weather not helping but it just hoof from one end and then hoof back up to the other end.
think even the commentaters are struggling to make this game sound entertaining.

Thank god Craig Burley isn't co-commentating.

Westie1875
13-12-2011, 07:34 PM
Any chance it could get abandoned 2nd half, weather is getting worse?

Wishful thinking probably..... :greengrin

calmacuk
13-12-2011, 07:46 PM
Attendance confirmed as 1,607 by the BBC.

HH81
13-12-2011, 07:49 PM
Attendance confirmed as 1,607 by the BBC.

Shocking :agree:, I'm watching a bit of Yeovil V Fleetwood and the crowd there is 3200 ish for a league 1 club v non league.

MSK
13-12-2011, 07:50 PM
Thank god Craig Burley isn't co-commentating.Naw he is doing the Yeovil v Fleetwood game on ESPN ...:rolleyes:

Cod army 1-0 up .. a derby v Blackpool next up should Fleetwood get through ...:aok:

Jamesie
13-12-2011, 07:52 PM
1,607 in attendance at McDiarmid. Scottish football is dying. I think this may be a record low in terms of SPL attendances.

MSK
13-12-2011, 07:54 PM
1,607 in attendance at McDiarmid. Scottish football is dying. I think this may be a record low in terms of SPL attendances.Im sure Gretna hold that record ...could be wrong though ..

Jamesie
13-12-2011, 07:54 PM
1,607 in attendance at McDiarmid. Scottish football is dying. I think this may be a record low in terms of SPL attendances.

I stand corrected. 431 is the record, for Gretna v Inverness in April 2008.

soupy
13-12-2011, 07:55 PM
1,607 in attendance at McDiarmid. Scottish football is dying. I think this may be a record low in terms of SPL attendances. I'm sure gretna and maybe Caley when they played at aberdeen have had less.

soupy
13-12-2011, 07:56 PM
I'm sure gretna and maybe Caley when they played at aberdeen have had less. Suppose I was right then :-)

GreenCastle
13-12-2011, 08:05 PM

The worrying thing is - those in charge don't seem to want to act before it's too late.

When in the future can you see the crowds rising again ? :confused:

Alfred E Newman
13-12-2011, 08:06 PM

Midweek fixtures in December are a nonsense. Forget all this stuff about summer football. Its the TV, inflated wages, sky high gate prices and the ridiculous kick off times that are killing the game up here. We have more fixtures in December than we had in September. Think back to the stupid friendly against Sunderland and daft blank "International week ends" during the late summer months. Its madness and till those in authority realise this the game up here is going to continue its decline.

GreenCastle
13-12-2011, 08:09 PM
Midweek fixtures in December are a nonsense. Forget all this stuff about summer football. Its the TV, inflated wages, sky high gate prices and the ridiculous kick off times that are killing the game up here. We have more fixtures in December than we had in September. Think back to the stupid friendly against Sunderland and daft blank "International week ends" during the late summer months. Its madness and till those in authority realise this the game up here is going to continue its decline.

I agree with what you say but surely summer football is the solution ? Where is the logic playing through winter - it's not helping the level of play or crowds / income.

iwasthere1972
13-12-2011, 08:12 PM

That's a sell out compared to Gretna. 5 April 2008 in their game against Inverness, when just 431 turned up for the game.

Eyrie
13-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Summer football won't happen for the simple reason it would mean a change.

The other issue is the game being on TV. Surely some of the money received for the TV contract should be paid to the home team to compensate for lower gates?

Sir David Gray
13-12-2011, 08:22 PM
2-0 Aberdeen, awful error by Enckelman.

Great strike by Ryan Jack though, scoring from inside his own half.

:boo hoo:

SteveHFC
13-12-2011, 08:23 PM
2-0 Sheep

**** Off

SonOfTortolano
13-12-2011, 08:23 PM
2-0 aberdeen, awful error by enckelman.

Great strike by ryan jack though, scoring from inside his own half.

:boo hoo:

game over!

R'Albin
13-12-2011, 08:24 PM
"No breaks" my arse Craig Brown!

Sir David Gray
13-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Considine sent off for Aberdeen. Suspended for Saturday.

That's probably bad news for us! :rolleyes:

R'Albin
13-12-2011, 08:26 PM
Considine sent off for Aberdeen. Suspended for Saturday.

That's probably bad news for us! :rolleyes:

:agree::greengrin

essexhibee
13-12-2011, 08:31 PM
Saturdays match is now HUGE. Six pointer.

If we lose we are in massive trouble IMO

Sir David Gray
13-12-2011, 08:36 PM
St Johnstone score but it's too late.

Full time;

St Johnstone 1-2 Aberdeen.

Aberdeen now go 3 points ahead of us.

We MUST win on Saturday.

Alfred E Newman
13-12-2011, 08:37 PM
I agree with what you say but surely summer football is the solution ? Where is the logic playing through winter - it's not helping the level of play or crowds / income.

The game has been played through the winter months since it was invented. This idea that a change to summer football would cure our ills doesn`t add up for me.
The only month we dont play at all at the present is June. As it takes us 10 months or more to complete the fixtures at the moment we would still be have to play through part of either December or February. At least the status quo means we start and finish the league in the summer.
Unless the gate prices and wages are cut down to a more realistic level and till live TV stops dictating crazy kick off times if you will not reverse the decline in attendances.

Spike Mandela
13-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Fair enough, but that plus the fact their supporters are incredibly irritating probably add to that..:agree:

No Hibsesque collapse for Aberdeen.:rolleyes:

GreenCastle
13-12-2011, 09:12 PM
The game has been played through the winter months since it was invented. This idea that a change to summer football would cure our ills doesn`t add up for me.
The only month we dont play at all at the present is June. As it takes us 10 months or more to complete the fixtures at the moment we would still be have to play through part of either December or February. At least the status quo means we start and finish the league in the summer.
Unless the gate prices and wages are cut down to a more realistic level and till live TV stops dictating crazy kick off times if you will not reverse the decline in attendances.

Here yes - but other countries no.

Winter football isn't improving the game - I am not saying Summer Football would mean sold out games but I believe like things in life - times change and the younger generations would be for summer football.

The people in the SFA don't have the guts to change our game and make changes sadly - the crowds are going to get worse until we are as bad as the Welsh or Irish leagues - explain to me how the crowds will rise again ?

A new T.V deal has been agreed and nothing is changing soon with kick off times as the T.V companies are the ones pretty much keeping the game alive here daily - but at the same time in the long term killing it - I agree with you there.

down the slope
13-12-2011, 09:22 PM
Surely a winter break must be on the cards ?, December and January are brutal from the weather and the financial point of view for a lot of fans, But hey when have we ever been asked about this ?. Also the boredom factor is really telling just now, we must get back to playing teams just once at home or the game is going to die , over to you Mr Doncaster !.

NAE NOOKIE
13-12-2011, 10:11 PM
Bad result for us. Boy do we need a win at Aberdeen now.

Good job the 12:30 KO time at our 2nd furthest away fixture will ensure that the maximum number of Hibbies will go ............................ Not

As for the attendance. Anybody who went to that game tonight deserves a bloody medal.

I would give my right arm to get somebody at the top of Scottish football to explain to me the economic downside to our game of playing in the summer, as opposed to a winter season.

In fact I would be willing to have an open discussion with anybody who thinks still playing in the winter is a good idea. We could do it in front of a jury made up of people with no interest in football who could decide who had the better argument. That way the decision that I was right would not be clouded by bias or people clinging to outdated traditions.

Baldy Foghorn
13-12-2011, 10:46 PM
Summer for golf.

Autumn, Winter and Spring for fitba....... Simples