PDA

View Full Version : 4-2-3-1

bigkenny
13-12-2011, 12:25 AM
Creating a four tier structure with two defensive midfielders protecting the back four and creating a 3 man line behind GOC with Ivan wide seems to have been the difference between Hibs looking solid (this past two games) instead of shaky (under CC).

Still not perfect, we as weak links are still clearly seen. I'm not convinced that LG is the right player in hole, and we need a left winger so Ivan can play right wing again. PF has talked up GOC as a lone striker, but really?

Not sure if it will be our formation for the rest of the season, but it's an improvement on CC's tactics.

Thoughts?

DAVE1875
13-12-2011, 12:47 AM
I thought the 4-3-1-2 Caldo briefly used seemed quite effective

Iain G
13-12-2011, 04:59 AM
Creating a four tier structure with two defensive midfielders protecting the back four and creating a 3 man line behind GOC with Ivan wide seems to have been the difference between Hibs looking solid (this past two games) instead of shaky (under CC).

Still not perfect, we as weak links are still clearly seen. I'm not convinced that LG is the right player in hole, and we need a left winger so Ivan can play right wing again. PF has talked up GOC as a lone striker, but really?

Not sure if it will be our formation for the rest of the season, but it's an improvement on CC's tactics.

Thoughts?

PF trying to give the team some rigidity and the players some structure and clear positional responsibility and make us hard to break down, hopefully get a few positive results and get the self belief back up a few levels. Once he has done that he can begin to mould the team and/or bring in his own players to suit the formations he wants us to play.

With the right players in the right positions this formation can be quite defensive, almost a 451, while quickly breaking into a 424 as we push forward, so it is quite flexible if applied correctly.

steakbake
13-12-2011, 06:35 AM
I think we need to lose a few players in January but the formation will hopefully build stability from which we can continue.