PDA

View Full Version : How Would You Feel If A Hibs Manager Spoke Like This

Speedway
12-12-2011, 01:20 PM
...after a 16 match unbeaten run?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16136845.stm

Whatever you think of the guy personally, it's a winning mentality.

Jack
12-12-2011, 01:48 PM
After a 16 match unbeaten run a Hibs manager could speak to me in any way he wished. :greengrin

southern hibby
12-12-2011, 02:01 PM
This is why weve not got him as manager. Rod would have kittens if he asked for several players each transfer window. GGTTH

Future17
12-12-2011, 03:01 PM
...after a 16 match unbeaten run?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16136845.stm

Whatever you think of the guy personally, it's a winning mentality.

Thinking like that may be a winning mentality, commenting on it publicly is not.

Paolo Di Canio is pure narcissism and this "rant" is just another example.

He's disappointed not to have been linked with higher profile jobs already and is trying to engineer a potential escape loophole along the lines of "we were 6th until the Board failed to back me appropriately".

I think it's now known in the footballing world as "the John Collins strategy".

Greentinted
12-12-2011, 03:36 PM
Thinking like that may be a winning mentality, commenting on it publicly is not.

He's disappointed not to have been linked with higher profile jobs already and is trying to engineer a potential escape loophole along the lines of "we were 6th until the Board failed to back me appropriately".

:agree: Always quite enjoyed watching him play but listening to that, littered with expletives in an inappropriate setting, it's clear the man lacks class. Fair enough behind closed doors but not while tripping on his ego.

snooky
12-12-2011, 05:13 PM
:agree: Always quite enjoyed watching him play but listening to that, littered with expletives in an inappropriate setting, it's clear the man lacks class. Fair enough behind closed doors but not while tripping on his ego.

Paulo Can-yi-no STFU

Andy74
12-12-2011, 05:24 PM
This is why weve not got him as manager. Rod would have kittens if he asked for several players each transfer window. GGTTH

Our problem is we do get several new players every transfer window.

Hibercelona
12-12-2011, 05:29 PM
Our problem is we do get several new players every transfer window.

We don't get several new players in the transfer window. We get several passengers in while the others are going out.

Saorsa
12-12-2011, 05:33 PM
Our problem is we do get several new players every transfer window.Disagree, dinnae see the problem with a few new players every 6 months if they're better than what is already there and improve the team. The problem arises when they're nae better than what they are supposed tae be replacing and we always seem tae get quantity over quality for some reason.

Franck Stanton
12-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Nae need for us to worry about a Hibs manager bleating like this - we dinnae go on 16 game unbeaten runs. :wink:

francobaresi
12-12-2011, 09:32 PM
"After two minutes I said to Fabrizio [Piccareta, assistant manager] 'to win this game we are going to have to be lucky' because four or five players had no courage, no heart, no desire."

What would he say about us after 16 games...? Answers on a postcard...

Phil D. Rolls
12-12-2011, 09:37 PM

Well said. As we all know Di Canio is bonkers. We'll see how it pans out, but I think it is a rather stupid thing to have said. Fair enough if you are losing, but the board might be a bit unconvinced that he needs more players.

Phil D. Rolls
12-12-2011, 09:39 PM
"After two minutes I said to Fabrizio [Piccareta, assistant manager] 'to win this game we are going to have to be lucky' because four or five players had no courage, no heart, no desire."

What would he say about us after 16 games...? Answers on a postcard...

I feel this Hearts side will struggle in the latter stages of the Champions League.