PDA

View Full Version : 12th man

El Gubbz
11-12-2011, 11:45 PM
Although there are obviously some who stand with the 12th man who want to sing and try to create a bit of atmosphere but there is far too many FAN*YS in that section giving the rest a bad name. My mate got hit in the arm by a 50p in the second half which he pocketed that was thrown from the top of that section in the east. Fair enough he is 50p up but the coin missed a bairn who was in the row behind me by about a foot. Not saying I'm Mr Perfect at the football as I also turn into a nutter at some games but never seen the point in throwing coins especially if I couldn't even clear my fellow support. Got more to rant about that section but can't be bothered writing it all now so maybe another day :greengrin

Sammy7nil
12-12-2011, 01:09 PM
Hibs have a high number of Fannies who support the club and often spoil many a good trip to Hampden etc.

patlowe
12-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Although there are obviously some who stand with the 12th man who want to sing and try to create a bit of atmosphere but there is far too many FAN*YS in that section giving the rest a bad name. My mate got hit in the arm by a 50p in the second half which he pocketed that was thrown from the top of that section in the east. Fair enough he is 50p up but the coin missed a bairn who was in the row behind me by about a foot. Not saying I'm Mr Perfect at the football as I also turn into a nutter at some games but never seen the point in throwing coins especially if I couldn't even clear my fellow support. Got more to rant about that section but can't be bothered writing it all now so maybe another day :greengrin

Every cloud! :greengrin

Seriously though, that really is bad patter. Too many fans (at all clubs) believe being at the football gives them the right to behave moronically.

Having said that, Hearts players might appreciate having money thrown at them right now...

easty
12-12-2011, 02:41 PM
50p's arent the right choice for throwing, you want something round. A 2p or 10p would have been much smarter. You don't see frisbee companies making 50p shaped frisbees. No wonder it hit another Hibs fan rather than the intended target. School. Boy. Error.

steakbake
12-12-2011, 02:57 PM

This could be a 10 pager...

Coin throwing is piss poor but there is a level of denial that could get these sorts of groups off to a rocky start to notoriety.

El Gubbz
12-12-2011, 06:53 PM
50p's arent the right choice for throwing, you want something round. A 2p or 10p would have been much smarter. You don't see frisbee companies making 50p shaped frisbees. No wonder it hit another Hibs fan rather than the intended target. School. Boy. Error.
Haha aye clearly just a rookie

Nameless
12-12-2011, 07:08 PM
Last Hibs game I was at was the last derby at Easter Road. I was sat in the lower part of 43, about 6 or 7 rows from the front. People round me were hit with Pizzas, pies, mars bars, cups of juice, coins and hundreds of pairs of sunglasses thrown from the dafties in the rows behind. I'm more likely to start bopping with other hibs fans nowadays that hearts fans, changed days:rolleyes:

R'Albin
12-12-2011, 08:06 PM

True :tee hee:

clerriehibs
12-12-2011, 08:09 PM

School. Boy.

Scouse Hibee
12-12-2011, 08:11 PM
Last Hibs game I was at was the last derby at Easter Road. I was sat in the lower part of 43, about 6 or 7 rows from the front. People round me were hit with Pizzas, pies, mars bars, cups of juice, coins and hundreds of pairs of sunglasses thrown from the dafties in the rows behind. I'm more likely to start bopping with other hibs fans nowadays that hearts fans, changed days:rolleyes:

So you got to watch the derby, supplied with free food, juice,and even made a profit, you were also given free souvenir sunglasses to take away and you're still complaining............jeez there's just no pleasing some folk eh :greengrin

RIP
13-12-2011, 01:53 AM
I think it's time we policed ourselves better in that Singing Section.

These dafties seem to infiltrate the genuine folk who are trying to give Easter Road a better atmosphere. The Old Firm games and the Derby are the worst. They come in, eyes popping, reeking of stale urine and beer, then run doon the stairs as soon as the opposition go 2 goals up, presumably back to the pub where they spend every other Saturday. I think they pick the Singing Section to provide cover for their behaviour disorders

I know my attitude stinks and we should welcome walkups but there's a tipping point

SRHibs
13-12-2011, 04:42 AM
There was members in the singing section with tricolours, and some dishing out sectarian abuse too.

easty
13-12-2011, 09:47 AM
I heard someone shout "Marcus for X-Factor" as well. No place for this at Easter Road, Little Mix were clearly going to win.

matty_f
13-12-2011, 09:49 AM
I heard someone shout "Marcus for X-Factor" as well. No place for this at Easter Road, Little Mix were clearly going to win.That's exactly what football banning orders were made for. :bitchy: Did they have an opinion on Strictly? Won't somebody think of the children!!?

Phil D. Rolls
13-12-2011, 09:55 AM

This bloke I know used to find the 20p coin ideal. He had great success at hitting the target with it - even making the papers after hitting Jim MacLeans napper, after he had been particularly obnoxious. Sunday Mirror called the thrower "****", but Gilzean in the EEN dedicated a strip to the incident, congratulating my mate on doing what had to be done.

Changed days, people just shrugged it off then, and got on with it. Fair's fair though football crowds were pretty macho in those days, and I think the number of youngsters in the crowd means behaviour has to be different now.

Phil D. Rolls
13-12-2011, 10:00 AM
I think it's time we policed ourselves better in that Singing Section.

These dafties seem to infiltrate the genuine folk who are trying to give Easter Road a better atmosphere. The Old Firm games and the Derby are the worst. They come in, eyes popping, reeking of stale urine and beer, then run doon the stairs as soon as the opposition go 2 goals up, presumably back to the pub where they spend every other Saturday. I think they pick the Singing Section to provide cover for their behaviour disorders

I know my attitude stinks and we should welcome walkups but there's a tipping point

I blame the parents.

There was members in the singing section with tricolours, and some dishing out sectarian abuse too.

A shocking reflection on our club, some say it's a tiny minority, but one cancercous cell is too many. I'm ashamed to be a Hibernian supporter this morning.

I heard someone shout "Marcus for X-Factor" as well. No place for this at Easter Road, Little Mix were clearly going to win.

Just no need, society has to have a hard look at itself.

That's exactly what football banning orders were made for. :bitchy: Did they have an opinion on Strictly? Won't somebody think of the children!!?

I think I might end up doing time.

easty
13-12-2011, 10:12 AM
This bloke I know used to find the 20p coin ideal. He had great success at hitting the target with it - even making the papers after hitting Jim MacLeans napper, after he had been particularly obnoxious. Sunday Mirror called the thrower "****", but Gilzean in the EEN dedicated a strip to the incident, congratulating my mate on doing what had to be done.

Changed days, people just shrugged it off then, and got on with it. Fair's fair though football crowds were pretty macho in those days, and I think the number of youngsters in the crowd means behaviour has to be different now.

Theres always exceptions to the rule, no doubt your friend would be an olympic standard coin thrower if such an event existed. I was more referring to mere mortals, such as myself. To people like me throwing a 20p, or 50p, with any great deal of accuracy is about as likely as Kerry Katona winning BBC Sports Personality of the Year.

Phil D. Rolls
13-12-2011, 10:16 AM
Theres always exceptions to the rule, no doubt your friend would be an olympic standard coin thrower if such an event existed. I was more referring to mere mortals, such as myself. To people like me throwing a 20p, or 50p, with any great deal of accuracy is about as likely as Kerry Katona winning BBC Sports Personality of the Year.

You could be a lot more discreet in the past when people stood on the terracing - so you could get lots of practice in. Things got so bad in the old enclosure that they had to swap the dugouts around. Other incidents included Archie Knox getting gobbed full frontal in the face and Davie Cooper having to wipe a pie off his shorts. (Neither of these was my friend).