PDA

View Full Version : Question Callum Booth?

alan1875
11-12-2011, 06:10 PM
Sorry if I've missed the boat on this one but were is Callum Booth in regards to a place in the first team? Granted, he was having a bit of a shocker prior to getting dropped and injured but that seems to have been ages ago....

I don't see him (for the moment anyway) as the last line of defence on left side but despite his defensive naivety, he was good going forward. There is defo a player in there IMHO....

Please excuse the comparison by all means but a similar thing was said of Gareth Bale not so long ago and we all know how that turned out. I just think that he needs time and decent coaching (something I'm not sure he has been privy to since making the step up to the first team) and he could be an exciting player for us one day...

Discuss.....

calumhibee1
11-12-2011, 06:12 PM
Sorry if I've missed the boat on this one but were is Callum Booth in regards to a place in the first team? Granted, he was having a bit of a shocker prior to getting dropped and injured but that seems to have been ages ago....

I don't see him (for the moment anyway) as the last line of defence on left side but despite his defensive naivety, he was good going forward. There is defo a player in there IMHO....

Please excuse the comparison by all means but a similar thing was said of Gareth Bale not so long ago and we all know how that turned out. I just think that he needs time and decent coaching (something I'm not sure he has been privy to since making the step up to the first team) and he could be an exciting player for us one day...

Discuss.....

That's exactly who I have compared him to (style wise, not on ability). Would like to see him back in the team. :agree:

silverhibee
11-12-2011, 06:53 PM

Discuss.....

Cant even make the bench nowadays, hope to see him back in the team soon, infact give him a chance at RB, he couldn't do any worse than the dumpling that is playing that position just now.

Andy74
11-12-2011, 07:58 PM
Likes the bevvy unfortunately. Big time now in his career for what direction it might take.

Nelly070
11-12-2011, 08:01 PM
Likes the bevvy unfortunately. Big time now in his career for what direction it might take.
Yes heard the same, very disappointing !

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-12-2011, 08:08 PM
He might get on a bit better in the formation that we played yesterday and not get so exposed too often.

col02
11-12-2011, 08:09 PM
Potentially a good player for left midfield but not at left back imho as his defensive attributes are somewhat lacking sadly as shown in the games before he was dropped. Also feel he is far too slight to be playing SPL football regularly at this moment in time. I think a loan spell come January might be the best option to get him playing again and hopefully toughen him up a bit.

3pm
11-12-2011, 08:16 PM

I am sure he's not alone. Doubt yesterday's first XI are the perfect pros!

PISTOL1875
11-12-2011, 08:43 PM
When CB returns , I think he will be in the side without a doubt playing on the left hand side of midfield...

SneakersO'Toole
12-12-2011, 11:25 AM

Have I missed something here? I thought the reason he wasn't in the squad recently was due to an ankle injury.

hibsbollah
12-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Likes the bevvy unfortunately. Big time now in his career for what direction it might take. Someone who posts on here is a mate of his apparently. Be interesting to hear if this is true. Theres many levels of 'liking a bevvy'...doesnt necessarily mean it will affect his game.

superfurryhibby
12-12-2011, 11:52 AM
When Booth came into the first team in January of last season I was so impressed. He looked comfortable at SPL level and displayed some great skills. Since then he has fallen way out of form, as well as being injured. I wouldn't say that he needs a loan spell at a lower level, the laddie has already shown he can cut it in the SPL. Whilst there may be underlying issues with lack of confidence et, they need addressed at Hibs.

Dunbar Hibee
12-12-2011, 04:55 PM

Don't know if this is still the case but I know for a fact he hadn't touched a drop in months. :aok:

Cameron1875
12-12-2011, 05:04 PM
Not sure if its the bevvy but i've been told its off fields reasons that explain why he isn't in squad.

.Sean.
12-12-2011, 05:18 PM
Not sure if its the bevvy but i've been told its off fields reasons that explain why he isn't in squad.What a crock of *****.

Billy Whizz
12-12-2011, 05:18 PM
Not sure if its the bevvy but i've been told its off fields reasons that explain why he isn't in squad.

Hopefully all parties can sort this out if this is true, as he's a talent

NorthNorfolkHFC
12-12-2011, 05:25 PM
would love to see him given a bash a left mid.

He was one of the only guys i would go along to Easter Road to enjoy watching, the boy can play and the staff have to get him playing!!!

Hope it isn't cause he likes a bevvy, would be a terrible waste of talent.

jamieross
12-12-2011, 06:41 PM

Discuss.....
Like Bale, Booth should be pushed up to midfield without worrying too much about his defensive frailties

Barney McGrew
12-12-2011, 06:49 PM
Booth is clearly a very talented young guy, I'm sure it won't be long before he's back in the matchday squad again.

In a way I'm glad he's had a wee break, it won't have done him any harm.