PDA

View Full Version : Uberfan ranking table - work in progress

Hibbyradge
11-12-2011, 01:55 PM
I've had a bit of time on my hands...:greengrin

After reading the leaving early thread, I've started to put together an Uberfan ranking order which obviously I'll put to the messageboard for formal approval when it's completed, but I need to make a few additions to the categories before it can be adopted. (See below).

I also have to work out where the new categories fit into the table e.g. I can't quite decide if a Walk up fan who attends most away games, but stays to the end is a better fan than a season ticket holder who also attends occasional away games, but leaves early. You see my dilemma and I have this on every level.

Other categories to be included are;

Singing - sing all the songs, most songs, some songs and non singers.
Leaving early - to beat the traffic, to get to the bar first, to honour other appointments, to get to work when they could just trolley up late
Hurling Abuse - never shout abuse at players, sometimes shout abuse, only go to games to shout abuse
Booing - Never boo, 90 minute booers, only boo at the end

I'm sure you can suggest more.

However, it's becoming clear that the number one Super-duper uberfans are Season Ticket Holders who also go to all away games, sing all the songs, never boo, but only shout encouragement and stay till the end. :not worth

Uberfan Rankings (Version 1)

Season Ticket Holders who also go to all away games and stay till the end
Season Ticket Holders who also go to most away games and stay till the end
Season Ticket Holders who also go to occassional away games and stay till the end
Season Ticket Holders who only go to home games and stay till the end

Ever present walk up fans who also go to most away games and stay till the end
Ever present walk up fans who also go to all away games and stay till the end
Ever present walk up fans who also go to occasional away games and stay till the end
Ever present walk up fans who only go to home games and stay till the end

Occasional walk up fans who also go to most away games and stay till the end
Occasional walk up fans who also go to all away games and stay till the end
Occasional walk up fans who also go to occasional away games and stay till the end
Occasional walk up fans who only go to home games and stay till the end

Folk who would like to go, but can't afford it
Folk who would like to go, but have to work and refuse to skive off

Folk who are still interested in the results and watch all televised Hibs games
Folk who are still interested in the results and watch some televised Hibs games

Golfers
Yams
BlackpoolHibs

BoltonHibee
11-12-2011, 02:00 PM
I'm ranked at 17 in your table just above golfer. Gone from 2 to 17 in 4 years.

lyonhibs
11-12-2011, 02:02 PM

After reading the leaving early thread, I've started to put together an Uberfan ranking order which obviously I'll put to the messageboard for formal approval when it's completed, but I need to make a few additions to the categories before it can be adopted. (See below).

I also have to work out where the new categories fit into the table e.g. I can't quite decide if a Walk up fan who attends most away games, but stays to the end is a better fan than a season ticket holder who also attends occasional away games, but leaves early. You see my dilemma and I have this on every level.

Leaving early - to beat the traffic, to get to the bar first, to honour other appointments, to get to work when they could just trolley up late
Hurling Abuse - never shout abuse at players, sometimes shout abuse, only go to games to shout abuse

However, it's becoming clear that the number one Super-duper uberfans are Season Ticket Holders who also go to all away games, sing all the songs, never boo, but only shout encouragement and stay till the end. :not worth

Season Ticket Holders who also go to occassional away games and stay till the end

Ever present walk up fans who also go to occasional away games and stay till the end

Occasional walk up fans who also go to occasional away games and stay till the end

Folk who are still interested in the results and watch some televised Hibs games

Golfers
Yams
BlackpoolHibs

Are all the above based on the assumption that everyone from all categories lives in Edinburgh, or at least Scotland?

I'm a "attend whenever I'm home and watch all televised Hibs games - stays to the end"

This could become a bit of a life mission for you :greengrin

hibsbollah
11-12-2011, 02:06 PM
I think you're being a bit hard on golfers (most of them can't help it, after all) but otherwise thats a good effort.

Hibbyradge
11-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Are all the above based on the assumption that everyone from all categories lives in Edinburgh, or at least Scotland?

I'm a "attend whenever I'm home and watch all televised Hibs games - stays to the end"

This could become a bit of a life mission for you :greengrin

Good point.

I'd forgotten that category;

Folk who use distance from Edinburgh as an excuse not to attend matches - every week, most weeks or occasionally.

lyonhibs
11-12-2011, 02:10 PM
Good point.

I'd forgotten that category;

Folk who use distance from Edinburgh as an excuse not to attend matches - every week, most weeks or occasionally.

:hilarious:hilarious Cheeky ****er!!!

CallumLaidlaw
11-12-2011, 02:18 PM
Like it :agree:

Reminds me of this - http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?173499-The-Official-Uberfan-Rules&highlight=Uberfan+rules

Hibbyradge
11-12-2011, 02:20 PM
For many years, and before the term had been invented, I used to be an uberfan.

I went to every game, home and away. If I ever missed the Hawkhill bus cos I'd slept in or something, I'd hitch hike and meet the guys at the usual pub. I even went to games knowing that I could only get there at half time.

I sang every song, started plenty too and encouraged the team for the full 90 minutes.

There was a group of about 6 of us, all exactly the same. (I'm not including the 2 Stevies although they were our young groupies at the time! :wink:)

However, one of our group out-ubered us at a game at Firhill.

IIRC, Hibs were losing 6 - 0 to Partick Thistle. There were less than 10 minutes left when Ralph Callahan scored a consolation for Hibs.

My mate, and from that moment on my hero, shouted the immortal words, "Come on Hibs, there's still time!" Awesome. :not worth

The game finished 6 - 1.

:greengrin

Bayern Bru
11-12-2011, 03:25 PM
For many years, and before the term had been invented, I used to be an uberfan.

I went to every game, home and away. If I ever missed the Hawkhill bus cos I'd slept in or something, I'd hitch hike and meet the guys at the usual pub. I even went to games knowing that I could only get there at half time.

I sang every song, started plenty too and encouraged the team for the full 90 minutes.

There was a group of about 6 of us, all exactly the same. (I'm not including the 2 Stevies although they were our young groupies at the time! :wink:)

However, one of our group out-ubered us at a game at Firhill.

IIRC, Hibs were losing 6 - 0 to Partick Thistle. There were less than 10 minutes left when Ralph Callahan scored a consolation for Hibs.

My mate, and from that moment on my hero, shouted the immortal words, "Come on Hibs, there's still time!" Awesome. :not worth

The game finished 6 - 1.

:greengrin

Re the bit in bold.
Would this gain extra points for willingness/devotion, to travel for essentially 45min of football, or would you lose points because the folk who left 10 mins early would still have seen more football than you?

Or do you have to bring into consideration those who yell abuse etc.?
I could get quite into this. :greengrin

nonshinyfinish
11-12-2011, 03:33 PM

Golfers
Yams
BlackpoolHibs

Surely the lines in bold are the wrong way round?

Good effort though, with a bit of polishing this could become definitive. Should there be a 'how many thousand posts on .net' factor in there somewhere?

blackpoolhibs
11-12-2011, 03:35 PM
I promise you dave, i will be doing my utmost in the coming weeks to climb the table and get out of this terrible position i find myself in. :wink:

HNA12
11-12-2011, 04:28 PM
I promise you dave, i will be doing my utmost in the coming weeks to climb the table and get out of this terrible position i find myself in. :wink:

The Admin team at hibs.net are confident that blackpoolhibs is in a false position and come the end of the season he will top the hibs.net Uberfan table. He has our full support. Any Nottingham based fan forums looking to poach him can look elsewhere.

Mikey
11-12-2011, 04:31 PM
Any Nottingham based fan forums looking to poach him can look elsewhere.

I'll drive him down the road myself :taxi

:tee hee:

:duck:

hibsbollah
11-12-2011, 04:39 PM
I promise you dave, i will be doing my utmost in the coming weeks to climb the table and get out of this terrible position i find myself in. :wink: Blackpool Hibs...surely too big to go down?

lyonhibs
11-12-2011, 04:55 PM
Blackpool Hibs...surely too big to go down?

Are you his missus?? :greengrin

Hibbyradge
11-12-2011, 05:41 PM
Are you his missus?? :greengrin

:faf:

:top marks

I'm not sure going down would be a problem in itself, though.

He's now put so much weight on, he's too big to get back up!

Hibby70
11-12-2011, 06:02 PM
Surely there is a mathematical formula for working this out based on

(a) Number of games attended
(b) Distance travelled
(c) Weekly wage
(d) Number of kids
(e) Number of songs sung
(f) Amount spent on Hibs merchandise
(g) Number of posts made on here
(h) Number of years having to endure Hibs

marinello59
11-12-2011, 06:06 PM
Surely there is a mathematical formula for working this out based on

(a) Number of games attended
(b) Distance travelled
(c) Weekly wage
(d) Number of kids
(e) Number of songs sung
(f) Amount spent on Hibs merchandise
(g) Number of posts made on here
(h) Number of years having to endure Hibs

(I) Do you live in Blackpool?

Hibrandenburg
11-12-2011, 06:09 PM
What about fans who spend more to attend just one match than others do on a season ticket? What about those who live abroad and conduct missionary work converting the natives to the word of Pat? What about those who procreate and add secure the Hibby families bloodline? What about those who refuse to mate with the turd coloured untermenschen and keep the green blood pure from pollution?

Hibby D
11-12-2011, 06:14 PM
I'm ranked at 17 in your table just above golfer. Gone from 2 to 17 in 4 years.

Hero to zero = Loser :nerd:

BoltonHibee
11-12-2011, 06:34 PM
Hero to zero = Loser :nerd:

:)

silverhibee
11-12-2011, 06:46 PM
The Admin team at hibs.net are confident that blackpoolhibs is in a false position and come the end of the season he will top the hibs.net Uberfan table. He has our full support. Any Nottingham based fan forums looking to poach him can look elsewhere.

But if he starts with the bag of sweeties nonsense then he has to be punted straight away, and tell him to not get photographed sharing a coffee in an English hotel talking to a rival fan, it could start wild rumours on here, i also have faith in clueless Blackpoolhibs climbing the Radge's table, infact if he needs a ticket for the replay away to Motherwell i am more than welcome to help him out so he starts to get out of the relagation battle he is in just now.
Albion Hibs also has every confidence in BH turning things around, in fact since clueless Colin left Hibs we have not heard anything much from Albion. Was Albion really Colin. :confused: :greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
11-12-2011, 07:35 PM
What about fans who spend more to attend just one match than others do on a season ticket? What about those who live abroad and conduct missionary work converting the natives to the word of Pat? What about those who procreate and add secure the Hibby families bloodline? What about those who refuse to mate with the turd coloured untermenschen and keep the green blood pure from pollution?

surely the brave few who attempt to breed hearts out of existence also deserve some credit, I couldn't do it personally but that takes some balls!!

hibsbollah
11-12-2011, 07:49 PM
Having the ability to do a dump on a windowsill should, in itself, move one at least one position up the uberfan scale.

bighairyfaeleith
11-12-2011, 07:53 PM
Having the ability to do a dump on a windowsill should, in itself, move one at least one position up the uberfan scale.

I agree, but only because I'm scoring pretty low right now :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-12-2011, 08:06 PM
An uberfan is surely anyone that goes to the Iceberdeen game next weekend. No doubt it will feature in the next episode of Frozen Planet.

Lucius Apuleius
12-12-2011, 05:12 AM
Not bad not bad Radge man. Definitely need a category for us overseas guys that go to every game when home, spread Hibby tops all over the world, have relatively high post counts on .net, and "watch" every game on i-spy.

Only other "complaint" I would have would be having golfers above Blackpool. Surely G goes a wee bitty more than TQM? :greengrin

IWasThere2016
12-12-2011, 10:31 AM
Not bad not bad Radge man. Definitely need a category for us overseas guys that go to every game when home, spread Hibby tops all over the world, have relatively high post counts on .net, and "watch" every game on i-spy.

Only other "complaint" I would have would be having golfers above Blackpool. Surely G goes a wee bitty more than TQM? :greengrin

Aye - what aboot golfers fae elsewhere?!? :aok:

I wonder how many Hibbys I'll see in Eberdeen or Tannadeechee in the next two games? :devil:

I also think there should be a new super-catergory for us Hibbys who - despite having parents of a different persuasion eg Hun, Jambo etc - saw the light. I know myself and #74 fit into this uber-class :wink: :greengrin

SaudiHibby
12-12-2011, 10:54 AM

New title for us Lucius - Uberoverseasfan :agree:

southern hibby
12-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Are all the above based on the assumption that everyone from all categories lives in Edinburgh, or at least Scotland?I'm a "attend whenever I'm home and watch all televised Hibs games - stays to the end" This could become a bit of a life mission for you :greengrinI too am with Blackpool Hibs in this category. Also I attend as many games as work allows. But on top of this I fly from where ever I can to return to watch Hibs. I've even travelled from the Falkland islands (roughly 7500 miles one way) for a game against Dunfermline several years back (0-0), then flew back to join my ship. GGTTH

francobaresi
12-12-2011, 11:19 AM

Golfers
Yams
BlackpoolHibs

Remember years ago when a ST holder and regular away traveller we used to stay for the warm down after the game at ER, would that position warrant uberfan position #1 these days... Must be around the #14 category these days, barring the occasional day off and Friday night game:aok:

sidjames
12-12-2011, 11:24 AM

Golfers
Yams
BlackpoolHibs

It's time for early retirement Dave, I know the symptoms. :wink:

bighairyfaeleith
12-12-2011, 12:00 PM
Remember years ago when a ST holder and regular away traveller we used to stay for the warm down after the game at ER, would that position warrant uberfan position #1 these days... Must be around the #14 category these days, barring the occasional day off and Friday night game:aok:

not much point the team warming down recently:devil:

HibeeMG
12-12-2011, 12:07 PM
Is there a split?

Because I can see myself struggling to get into the top 6 at this rate! :greengrin

Andy74
12-12-2011, 12:59 PM
Aye - what aboot golfers fae elsewhere?!? :aok:

I wonder how many Hibbys I'll see in Eberdeen or Tannadeechee in the next two games? :devil:

I also think there should be a new super-catergory for us Hibbys who - despite having parents of a different persuasion eg Hun, Jambo etc - saw the light. I know myself and #74 fit into this uber-class :wink: :greengrin

Can I just say I have no desire to be in any category with TQM. :greengrin

IWasThere2016
12-12-2011, 01:25 PM
Can I just say I have no desire to be in any category with TQM. :greengrin

:na na:

Hibbyradge
12-12-2011, 02:03 PM
It's time for early retirement Dave, I know the symptoms. :wink:

Indeed!

Lucius Apuleius
12-12-2011, 02:35 PM
New title for us Lucius - Uberoverseasfan :agree:

Sons of the Desert and the Bush ?

blackpoolhibs
12-12-2011, 03:30 PM
But if he starts with the bag of sweeties nonsense then he has to be punted straight away, and tell him to not get photographed sharing a coffee in an English hotel talking to a rival fan, it could start wild rumours on here, i also have faith in clueless Blackpoolhibs climbing the Radge's table, infact if he needs a ticket for the replay away to Motherwell i am more than welcome to help him out so he starts to get out of the relagation battle he is in just now.
Albion Hibs also has every confidence in BH turning things around, in fact since clueless Colin left Hibs we have not heard anything much from Albion. Was Albion really Colin. :confused: :greengrin

There will be no sweeties talk from me SH, Hibs have and always will be the only club i have ever wanted to support.

While i have had the odd drink in hotels in the north west, the hotels were normally mine. :wink:

I have taken drastic actions today, my golf clubs have been binned. I have sprinkled a little gold dust on my debit card, :wink: and have booked train tickets for more games (home and away) I really need to up my game if i'm to make the top 6 this season, anymore seasons like this one and my erse is oot the door. :greengrin

PS just been on the birmingham site, and there's an albion birmingham causing all sorts of bother on there. :wink: