PDA

View Full Version : Abuse given out to Ivan in east yesterday

Mark79
11-12-2011, 02:10 PM
Did anyone hear the old boy going mental at Ivan first half yesterday? Started having a go at him and then Ivan heard him and the boy starts shouting that he is an Irish f***! Ivan clearly hears him.

Now I'm not saying Ivan has been great for us second time around but shouting that sort of stuff at him ain't going to encourage him. Pretty poor behaviour IMHO.

Jamesie
11-12-2011, 02:19 PM
Got the feeling there were one or two Huns in the East yesterday. Just a couple here or there, sitting with Hibby mates etc. This could be the source of it, but in any event the abuser is mistaken - Sproule is from Northern Ireland.

lucky
11-12-2011, 02:20 PM
The guys comments were racists and he should be ashamed of himself. But why Ivan thought it was a good idea to shout back is beyond me.

Franck Stanton
11-12-2011, 02:31 PM
Did anyone hear the old boy going mental at Ivan first half yesterday? Started having a go at him and then Ivan heard him and the boy starts shouting that he is an Irish f***! Ivan clearly hears him.

Now I'm not saying Ivan has been great for us second time around but shouting that sort of stuff at him ain't going to encourage him. Pretty poor behaviour IMHO.

So why put up with it ? Either chib the guy yourself or make a complaint to steward/Police. If the stuff the guy was shouting was causing offence then they are duty bound to act on it.

Beefster
11-12-2011, 02:47 PM

The guys comments were racists and he should be ashamed of himself. But why Ivan thought it was a good idea to shout back is beyond me.

You both must sit near me because the guy is in the row in front of me but a fair bit along. He's there every week too so obviously is an ST holder and not a Rangers fan.

The guy originally shouted "Look interested, Ivan" or something similar. Nothing particularly scathing and probably on the ball considering the way Sproule was dancing about doing nothing much. It was only after Sproule turned around and told him to "**** off" that the guy lost the rag and responded in kind.

Mark79
11-12-2011, 02:48 PM
Oh aye. From 10 rows back. Not my responsibility to report that or confront anyone when a copper is just in front of him at the exit and chooses to ignore it.

Embarrassing behaviour from our so called support.

Pretty Boy
11-12-2011, 02:50 PM
So why put up with it ? Either chib the guy yourself or make a complaint to steward/Police. If the stuff the guy was shouting was causing offence then they are duty bound to act on it.

Agree to an extent.

However I challenged a guy at Tannadice a while back who called a Dundee Utd player a 'black *******' and a 'darkie'. I got absolutely no support from anyone else around me and the guy and his mates got pretty aggressive. I'm a big guy who can handle himself but I was quite intimidated. I tried to speak to a steward and Police but they didn't seem interested and threatened to kick me out if I didn't shut up.

I'd be wary of challenging anyone if I couldn't be sure a few people would back me up.

Beefster
11-12-2011, 02:53 PM

Oh aye. From 10 rows back. Not my responsibility to report that or confront anyone when a copper is just in front of him at the exit and chooses to ignore it.

Embarrassing behaviour from our so called support.

As I've already pointed out, the guy was responding to being told to "**** off" by Sproule after shouting something incredibly mild. There was no need for the "Irish" adjective but he had every right to tell Sproule where to go.

Mark79
11-12-2011, 02:55 PM
I'm neither big or confrontational, however it's not my job anyway to police our support. The club pays a fortune for this.

I like you wouldn't expect anyone to back me up of I was to confront him so why bother.

Hibee87
11-12-2011, 03:17 PM
we have some right trumpets in our support, i hope theu guy who shouted abuse and called ozzy a monkey takes a long hard look at himself we dont need fans like you!!!

Hibbyradge
11-12-2011, 03:25 PM
Got the feeling there were one or two Huns in the East yesterday. Just a couple here or there, sitting with Hibby mates etc. This could be the source of it, but in any event the abuser is mistaken - Sproule is from Northern Ireland.

He's still Irish though, isn't he? :confused:

Bayern Bru
11-12-2011, 03:56 PM

Yes.

PaulSmith
11-12-2011, 04:05 PM
As I've already pointed out, the guy was responding to being told to "**** off" by Sproule after shouting something incredibly mild. There was no need for the "Irish" adjective but he had every right to tell Sproule where to go.

Ivan responded only to several shouts of F off you Irish bxxxxxd.

Someone a few rows up had a go at the shouts and to be fair we never heard much else after.

Folk get annoyed, say things and that's generally it which happened yesterday

KeithTheHibby
11-12-2011, 04:36 PM

The guy sits in front of me. He loves a good rant but yesterday was OTT.

He initially told Ivan to look interested, Ivan replied then the guy called him a wee irish ****.

My mate pulled him up saying ' big man no need for abuse like that' only to be met with 'what the **** has it got to do with you?'

He never opened his mouth for the rest of the game, reckon he felt pretty embarrassed by his stupid comments.

Franck Stanton
11-12-2011, 04:58 PM

He initially told Ivan to look interested, Ivan replied then the guy called him a wee irish ****.

My mate pulled him up saying ' big man no need for abuse like that' only to be met with 'what the **** has it got to do with you?'

He never opened his mouth for the rest of the game, reckon he felt pretty embarrassed by his stupid comments.

Illistrates the point I was trying to make, it's not every challenge that is met with threats of violence, god forbid, but a lot of these dafties who, go ott with their abuse tend to just shut up with embarressment when it's pointed out that they are going too far. Time for the decent supporters to stand up and be counted and "back up", at least verbally, any decent minded supporter who challenges the dafties who only go to shout abuse at each and every pleyer. Why go and just moan? Surely, as the word suggests we should "SUPPORT" our players, did this idiot think shouting abuse at Ivan would make him play better? I think it would have the opposite effect, get Ivan irate, [which, given he responded] it clearly did.

joe breezy
11-12-2011, 05:13 PM
I don't think personal abuse aimed at our own players is a good thing, especially towards a guy who loves Hibs

Paisley Hibby
11-12-2011, 05:36 PM
I don't think personal abuse aimed at our own players is a good thing, especially towards a guy who loves Hibs

Spot on :top marks

matty_f
11-12-2011, 05:57 PM

Spot on. I really wish we gave our opponents half the abuse we give our own players.

What was it the board said at the agm? Something along the lines of "Easter Road's become an intimidating place, but not in the way we'd have wanted it to be."

lyonhibs
11-12-2011, 06:02 PM
Spot on. I really wish we gave our opponents half the abuse we give our own players.

What was it the board said at the agm? Something along the lines of "Easter Road's become an intimidating place, but not in the way we'd have wanted it to be."

I suspect this is linked to the fact that Easter Road has long been an enjoyable place to watch football, just not for the right set of fans.

matty_f
11-12-2011, 06:11 PM
I suspect this is linked to the fact that Easter Road has long been an enjoyable place to watch football, just not for the right set of fans.

You may well be right!:greengrin

Seveno
11-12-2011, 07:47 PM
Agree to an extent.

However I challenged a guy at Tannadice a while back who called a Dundee Utd player a 'black *******' and a 'darkie'. I got absolutely no support from anyone else around me and the guy and his mates got pretty aggressive. I'm a big guy who can handle himself but I was quite intimidated. I tried to speak to a steward and Police but they didn't seem interested and threatened to kick me out if I didn't shut up.

I'd be wary of challenging anyone if I couldn't be sure a few people would back me up.

That's quite shocking. I think I would have made a formal complaint to the Chief Constable.

Holmesdale Hibs
11-12-2011, 08:04 PM
It's embarrassing how many threads on here revolve around our fans shouting abuse at our own players. FFS, if you have to shout abuse then do it at the opposition. Shouting abuse at our own players does nothing but help the opposition and make the abuser look like a complete arse.

matty_f
11-12-2011, 08:05 PM
It's embarrassing how many threads on here revolve around our fans shouting abuse at our own players. FFS, if you have to shout abuse then do it at the opposition. Shouting abuse at our own players does nothing but help the opposition and make the abuser look like a complete arse.

:agree: In a nutshell.

basehibby
11-12-2011, 08:25 PM

Someone a few rows up had a go at the shouts and to be fair we never heard much else after.

We certainly do have some extremely stupid erseholes among our number - just where the hell does someone purporting to support a team called HIBERNIAN get off calling a player (ANY player) an Irish Bxxxxxd????

I'm not saying we should all be indulging in the sort of plastic paddy antics so beloved of our neighbours from the west, but shouting anti-irish abuse like that is a gross insult to the founders of our club as well as any fellow supporters who may have some Irish ancestry, not to mention our new manager and Ivan himself - I'd be delighted if such morons were banned from the club and never darkened the door at ER ever again.

Beefster
11-12-2011, 08:37 PM

Must be a different incident then because the one I saw Sproule reacted directly to being told to look interested.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-12-2011, 09:16 PM
:agree: In a nutshell.

Three strikes then out? Can live in hope. I mean if your fellow supporters complain about your behaviour why not ? Or at least move to another part of the ground. To be clear here I'm talking about abuse of our own players. Fine if it's the opposition tho ;) double standards? All the way ;)

JustSimplyHibs
11-12-2011, 09:36 PM

He get's paid for what the majority of Hibs fans can do, even if they are 40+ (run at a player and get tackled by his own feet), he wasnae great the first time around either, just one of these players that should be emptied..end off.

No left foot, struggles against a defender that wont dive in, cannae score goals he's only in football because he is fast.....ad guarentee Michael Hart would mark him out a game

PaulSmith
11-12-2011, 09:51 PM
Must be a different incident then because the one I saw Sproule reacted directly to being told to look interested.

It wasn't. Kinda full stop here as that's how it was, ivan responded to to the 'fan's several shouts and nothing else.

Beefster
11-12-2011, 10:03 PM

It wasn't. Kinda full stop here as that's how it was, ivan responded to to the 'fan's several shouts and nothing else.

KeithTheHibby seems to have witnessed exactly the same incident as me. Weird.

Future17
11-12-2011, 10:51 PM
we have some right trumpets in our support, i hope theu guy who shouted abuse and called ozzy a monkey takes a long hard look at himself we dont need fans like you!!!

I thought I'd imagined hearing this yesterday in the East. Apparently not. :rolleyes:

Not that it makes any difference, but I think it was aimed at Edu who had been tackled by Ozzy. The irony must have been completely lost on the guy.

monktonharp
11-12-2011, 10:52 PM
We certainly do have some extremely stupid erseholes among our number - just where the hell does someone purporting to support a team called HIBERNIAN get off calling a player (ANY player) an Irish xxxxxxx????

I'm not saying we should all be indulging in the sort of plastic paddy antics so beloved of our neighbours from the west, but shouting anti-irish abuse like that is a gross insult to the founders of our club as well as any fellow supporters who may have some Irish ancestry, not to mention our new manager and Ivan himself - I'd be delighted if such morons were banned from the club and never darkened the door at ER ever again. :agree with all you say, cant believe some of the comments on here, and some ******* actually said........... he's not Irish , he's from N.IRELAND!!!!!!!!! IF EITHER OF THOSE WERE CALLED, THEN THAT IS A RACIST REMARK IMHO, and despite that, the very fact that the name of our club actually means IRELAND ya ****** moron whoever you are that said it, also, at the risk of being the said "plastic paddy" YOU MENTION, I again feel that is an insult to all my friends from Eire, my mother's ancestors from Eire, and anyone watching this forum from over there that has married/moved there etc etc as a ****** insult and a despicable comment which our admins should be doing something about. disgracefull. I know a lot of people from those shorers that have a soft spot for our club, and find these comments totally incredable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

monktonharp
11-12-2011, 10:56 PM
Got the feeling there were one or two Huns in the East yesterday. Just a couple here or there, sitting with Hibby mates etc. This could be the source of it, but in any event the abuser is mistaken - Sproule is from Northern Ireland.GET REAL! if they were suspected Huns, pull them up , and get them tae France, and forget the fact that he's from N.Ireland, that is still verging on racist!!!!!!!!!!!!

monktonharp
11-12-2011, 11:02 PM
I thought I'd imagined hearing this yesterday in the East. Apparently not. :rolleyes:

Not that it makes any difference, but I think it was aimed at Edu who had been tackled by Ozzy. The irony must have been completely lost on the guy.I canny believe that decent folk are still letting erseholes around them getting away wi' that sheite around them these days! stand up, and be counted, or tell the tit that made those comments tae strip tae the waist,.........yer havin him!!!!!!!!

BroxburnHibee
11-12-2011, 11:04 PM
:agree with all you say, cant believe some of the comments on here, and some ******* actually said........... he's not Irish , he's from N.IRELAND!!!!!!!!! IF EITHER OF THOSE WERE CALLED, THEN THAT IS A RACIST REMARK IMHO, and despite that, the very fact that the name of our club actually means IRELAND ya ****** moron whoever you are that said it, also, at the risk of being the said "plastic paddy" YOU MENTION, I again feel that is an insult to all my friends from Eire, my mother's ancestors from Eire, and anyone watching this forum from over there that has married/moved there etc etc as a ****** insult and a despicable comment which our admins should be doing something about. disgracefull. I know a lot of people from those shorers that have a soft spot for our club, and find these comments totally incredable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've read through the thread and I'm not exactly sure what comment it is you are complaining about :confused:

I have however removed all the swearing you took the time to bypass :wink:

PaulSmith
11-12-2011, 11:14 PM
KeithTheHibby seems to have witnessed exactly the same incident as me. Weird.

Yip, I'm sure that he did and I'm also sure that if he was in the vicinity that he will be able to confirm that it was quite straight forward what was being shouted.

Let it be known for a fact that that it was a Hibs fan whom several time calls one of our own players an Irish ******* several times before a Hibs fan and then Sproule himself told him to shut it.

JustSimplyHibs
11-12-2011, 11:15 PM
Football is a place where the average working class supporter should be able to release agression, always has been and always will be in my eyes.

there was a message put out before the game about sectarian and racial behaviour would not be accepted, if the Police were not prepared to act on this behaviour it can not have been bad.

To all the keyboard hardmen out there that are agreeing that this is ban out of order, 'stand and and say something' in fact before saying something....start attending games to say something in the first place!

As for Ivan Sproule if he doesn't like it well maybe he should pull his finger out his backside and start performing, otherwise accept what comes to you!

PaulSmith
11-12-2011, 11:20 PM
Football is a place where the average working class supporter should be able to release agression, always has been and always will be in my eyes.

there was a message put out before the game about sectarian and racial behaviour would not be accepted, if the Police were not prepared to act on this behaviour it can not have been bad.

To all the keyboard hardmen out there that are agreeing that this is ban out of order, 'stand and and say something' in fact before saying something....start attending games to say something in the first place!

As for Ivan Sproule if he doesn't like it well maybe he should pull his finger out his backside and start performing, otherwise accept what comes to you!

The police were not within the immediate vicinity.

Keyboard hardmen..if you read the comments it would appear that Keith's mate did say something?

So telling a Hibs player to "**** off back to Ireland' is acceptable? Deary me.

JustSimplyHibs
11-12-2011, 11:27 PM
The police were not within the immediate vicinity.

Keyboard hardmen..if you read the comments it would appear that Keith's mate did say something?

So telling a Hibs player to "**** off back to Ireland' is acceptable? Deary me.

Heard worse to be perfectly honest, and yes i would, he aint good enough for Hibs and would be better off playing in NI.

To yer first point there was polis standing there, sure as hell think if Ivan heard it the polis did as well. i.e. the 2 police spotters that were sitting in the crowd as well as the ones standing track side :wink:

Bishop Hibee
11-12-2011, 11:30 PM

I couldn't believe what I heard and after a moment of shock, shouted something along the lines of the guy being an idiot and should shut his trap. I never saw who it was but didn't hear anything else from the area the abuse came from.

I'm no hard nut but that sort of blatant racist abuse is out of order and should be challenged.

PaulSmith
11-12-2011, 11:33 PM
Heard worse to be perfectly honest, and yes i would, he aint good enough for Hibs and would be better off playing in NI.

To yer first point there was polis standing there, sure as hell think if Ivan heard it the polis did as well. i.e. the 2 police spotters that were sitting in the crowd as well as the ones standing track side :wink:

I'm struggling to imagine how anyone, no matter if its a fellow Hibby or not, could welcome a shout which tells someone to "F off" back to where they came from. I'm not some dafty that takes offence easily but your bang out of order.

JustSimplyHibs
11-12-2011, 11:38 PM
I'm struggling to imagine how anyone, no matter if its a fellow Hibby or not, could welcome a shout which tells someone to "F off" back to where they came from. I'm not some dafty that takes offence easily but your bang out of order.

:confused: How???? people were shouting at John Rankin to f### off to where he came from, same with Darren Jackson when he played for Hibs.....what's the differnence?????....People were saying that to Colin Calderwood....what makes Ivan so special???? am confussed here

granted he might be boyfriend material to some folk ;)

monktonharp
11-12-2011, 11:42 PM

To yer first point there was polis standing there, sure as hell think if Ivan heard it the polis did as well. i.e. the 2 police spotters that were sitting in the crowd as well as the ones standing track side :wink:good of you to be honest, so Ivan shoild be back to NI, as he's some sort o' Irish erse, is that what you mean, and anyone that comments against that is a keyboard hardman? get real. the comments against him were out of order.

monktonharp
11-12-2011, 11:43 PM
:confused: How???? people were shouting at John Rankin to f### off to where he came from, same with Darren Jackson when he played for Hibs.....what's the differnence?????....People were saying that to Colin Calderwood....what makes Ivan so special???? am confussed here

granted he might be boyfriend material to some folk ;) .

PaulSmith
11-12-2011, 11:48 PM

I'm not sure if your that stupid but for the benefit of the doubt shouting, for example, '**** off back to Ireland' followed but by '**** off you Irish *******' is a breach of the peace. Not only a breach of the peace but with a sectarian or racist element involved. As soon as the sectarian or racist element is involved then the perpetrator should expect the full force of the law to come down on him. You will not get off the racist/sectarian element should it be reported to the police or they should hear it.

The guy yesterday was lucky, and if he is reading this, make no mistake that he a was looking at a 3--6 month jail sentence under the current climate.I'm glad that he said no more, maybe to do with the police that congratated in the foyer in front of him for the remained of the game. Honestly I'm glad that a fellow Hibby wasn't arrested and kept in St Leonord's until a court case tomorrow as that was what exactly would have happened should this be witnessed by the police.

monktonharp
11-12-2011, 11:51 PM
I've read through the thread and I'm not exactly sure what comment it is you are complaining about :confused:

I have however removed all the swearing you took the time to bypass :wink:I'm complaining about some on here that call Sproule "not Irish" but from N.ireland, as if that made any difference and also that folk canny stand up and be counted when calls about black players whoever they are playing for, are made. as for the sweary words, oh I'M SO SORRY. for anyone doing that, on imotive threads, please be aware. some don't seem to have been informed tonight though.

PaulSmith
11-12-2011, 11:53 PM
I'm complaining about some on here that call Sproule "not Irish" but from N.ireland, as if that made any difference and also that folk canny stand up and be counted when calls about black players whoever they are playing for, are made. as for the sweary words, oh I'M SO SORRY. for anyone doing that, on imotive threads, please be aware. some don't seem to have been informed tonight though.

Let there be no doubt whatsoever that it was directly related to Sproule being told to **** off back to Ireland.

monktonharp
11-12-2011, 11:55 PM
I'm not sure if your that stupid but for the benefit of the doubt shouting, for example, '**** off back to Ireland' followed but by '**** off you Irish *******' is a breach of the peace. Not only a breach of the peace but with a sectarian or racist element involved. As soon as the sectarian or racist element is involved then the perpetrator should expect the full force of the law to come down on him. You will not get off the racist/sectarian element should it be reported to the police or they should hear it.

The guy yesterday was lucky, and if he is reading this, make no mistake that he a was looking at a 3--6 month jail sentence under the current climate.I'm glad that he said no more, maybe to do with the police that congratated in the foyer in front of him for the remained of the game. Honestly I'm glad that a fellow Hibby wasn't arrested and kept in St Leonord's until a court case tomorrow as that was what exactly would have happened should this be witnessed by the police.:agree: but, I'm distressed that he was not remanded until tommorow, at least.

JustSimplyHibs
11-12-2011, 11:57 PM
good of you to be honest, so Ivan shoild be back to NI, as he's some sort o' Irish erse, is that what you mean, and anyone that comments against that is a keyboard hardman? get real. the comments against him were out of order.

Never said he was an erse, just no good enough for Hibs in the SPL, there have also been many people standing up and saying things are bang out of order but not willing to say anything about it, yet wlling to come on message boards and type about it and how it is bang out of order!

There was 5 ICF boys sitting in the east terrace, section 38 that were laughing at us....they got asked if they wanted to do it, they refused, so they were told to sit down and shut up. Which they did
and when they scored both times just winked. As someone highlighted earlier in the post, could have easily been omeone for the other team saying stuff.

He is a weak point in our team many a time he left Hanlon a 2v1 situation, there was times when he cleared up....just don't think he is good enough IMO

JustSimplyHibs
11-12-2011, 11:59 PM

?

PaulSmith
12-12-2011, 12:03 AM
Never said he was an erse, just no good enough for Hibs in the SPL, there have also been many people standing up and saying things are bang out of order but not willing to say anything about it, yet wlling to come on message boards and type about it and how it is bang out of order!

There was 5 ICF boys sitting in the east terrace, section 38 that were laughing at us....they got asked if they wanted to do it, they refused, so they were told to sit down and shut up. Which they did
and when they scored both times just winked. As someone highlighted earlier in the post, could have easily been omeone for the other team saying stuff.

He is a weak point in our team many a time he left Hanlon a 2v1 situation, there was times when he cleared up....just don't think he is good enough IMO

Totally different, if you seen 5 Rangers boys in the East why didn't you have a go at them, you actually stood there and allowed them to 'wink' at you but you come on here and gave a go at another Hibs fan for telling another Hibs fan to behave as he was shouting racist abuse at a Hibs player....

5 ICF boys and you sat and watched them yet quote 'keyboard hardmen' in another post ...:hibees

JustSimplyHibs
12-12-2011, 12:07 AM

The guy yesterday was lucky, and if he is reading this, make no mistake that he a was looking at a 3--6 month jail sentence under the current climate.I'm glad that he said no more, maybe to do with the police that congratated in the foyer in front of him for the remained of the game. Honestly I'm glad that a fellow Hibby wasn't arrested and kept in St Leonord's until a court case tomorrow as that was what exactly would have happened should this be witnessed by the police.

So did you report it? Did you go up to the authority and say something? if not why not?

If it was breach of the peace the polis should and would have been straight in there! As was said before the game kicked off....now what was said is both to be politicaly correct, i.e. if you said to a polish person OFF back to poland you would be done for it.

So in my eyes it was just someone letting off a bit of steam against a player that really does need to pull his finger out his backside! His talk is good in the press just a shame about his football ability!

JustSimplyHibs
12-12-2011, 12:14 AM
Totally different, if you seen 5 Rangers boys in the East why didn't you have a go at them, you actually stood there and allowed them to 'wink' at you but you come on here and gave a go at another Hibs fan for telling another Hibs fan to behave as he was shouting racist abuse at a Hibs player....

5 ICF boys and you sat and watched them yet quote 'keyboard hardmen' in another post ...:hibees

Who says i never said anything? :wink:

So am going to get arrested for starting trouble within a football game, face upto a year in jail, and a lifetime banning order....for what cause we loose two stupid goals and cause our club couldnae sell all there tickets meaning these guys got in in the first place....dinnae be daft weeman

monktonharp
12-12-2011, 12:15 AM
??

JustSimplyHibs
12-12-2011, 12:22 AM
?

basehibby
12-12-2011, 01:31 AM
So did you report it? Did you go up to the authority and say something? if not why not?

If it was breach of the peace the polis should and would have been straight in there! As was said before the game kicked off....now what was said is both to be politicaly correct, i.e. if you said to a polish person f4$$ OFF back to poland you would be done for it.

So in my eyes it was just someone letting off a bit of steam against a player that really does need to pull his finger out his backside! His talk is good in the press just a shame about his football ability!

That may be the case but he was doing it in the manner of an incredibly stupid and ignorant erse not befitting of either Hibs or our support - don't you agree?!?

Brooster
12-12-2011, 02:43 PM
Was this guy sitting roughly in area L90 in the East, in his fifties with grey hair and standing with his daughter?

easty
12-12-2011, 02:46 PM
I saw Ivan in Toby Carvery yesterday. It looked like he was with Fred "The Shred" Goodwin, it probably wasn't him, seeing as it was Toby Carvery and that's well below the likes of Fred Goodwin, but it might have been him. It certainly looked a lot like him. It was definitly Ivan, and he was definitly with someone who may or may not have been Fred The Shred.

pentlando
12-12-2011, 02:59 PM

I'm sorry, but I have a lot of trouble with that quote. When was it ever agreed that the purpose of football is for 'average working class supporter to release aggression'?? Is it part of footballers contracts that they accept personal and borderline sectarian/racist abuse on a weekly basis? What qualifies fans to personally abuse players? Is it paying 30 quid to see the game? Cause if you tried that at any venue where you paid to be entertained you'd be out on your ear. E.g. Theatre, Cinema, Wimbledon. Cheering and booing is one thing, telling your own player to **** off back to Ireland is something I can't believe should ever be said, never mind defended. But oh wait, the abuse is fine because in your opinion Ivan's not performing. Hopefully the next time you're not performing as you should in your job, someone comes up to you and dishes out a bit of personal abuse, see if you still agree then.

Hibercelona
12-12-2011, 05:51 PM
Imagine giving abuse to a player who loves this club to death and plays out of his skin everytime, even although he's surrounded by utter s***e.

He set up our best chance of the day because he didn't give up on the ball.

He's still a great player IMO and it'll show when we hopefully get some decent players in the squad.

Holmesdale Hibs
12-12-2011, 10:01 PM
I'm sorry, but I have a lot of trouble with that quote. When was it ever agreed that the purpose of football is for 'average working class supporter to release aggression'?? Is it part of footballers contracts that they accept personal and borderline sectarian/racist abuse on a weekly basis? What qualifies fans to personally abuse players? Is it paying 30 quid to see the game? Cause if you tried that at any venue where you paid to be entertained you'd be out on your ear. E.g. Theatre, Cinema, Wimbledon. Cheering and booing is one thing, telling your own player to **** off back to Ireland is something I can't believe should ever be said, never mind defended. But oh wait, the abuse is fine because in your opinion Ivan's not performing. Hopefully the next time you're not performing as you should in your job, someone comes up to you and dishes out a bit of personal abuse, see if you still agree then.

:agree: if people have so much frustration that they can't stop themselves shouting racist abuse at our own players then they should have a look at themselves. Maybe join a gym or something to vent their anger. If anyone finds it that hard to control themselves then they should shout (non racist) abuse at the away team. We were playing the Huns FFS, there must have been a few thousand people who were more deserving of abuse than someone who has always given his best for Hibs.

Irish_Steve
12-12-2011, 10:18 PM

Just for the record, Ivan is British and he cant f*** off bcak to Ireland cos he didnt come from Ireland in the first place

Scouse Hibee
12-12-2011, 10:28 PM
Just for the record, Ivan is British and he can f*** off bcak to Ireland cos he didnt come from Ireland in the first place

Ah thanks for clearing that up :rolleyes:

mightycabbage
12-12-2011, 11:09 PM
Was this guy sitting roughly in area L90 in the East, in his fifties with grey hair and standing with his daughter?

he sits in M88, I sit with my son and have to put up with listening to his biggoted nonsense every week. Don't know why he comes along everyweek as all he does is abuse Hibs players. Thankfully it was my mate who shouted back and shut him up so my son didn't have to listen to any more of his biggoted ways.

mightycabbage
12-12-2011, 11:11 PM

oh yeah, that's him.

SanFranHibs
13-12-2011, 01:16 AM

And they want to raaise the llicense fee ? :dunno:

Beefster
13-12-2011, 07:46 AM

Yup, that's him. Always with his adult daughter and sometimes with his grandkid too (I'm presuming that's who they are).

Edit: already confirmed.

Brooster
13-12-2011, 07:56 AM
Yup, that's him. Always with his adult daughter and sometimes with his grandkid too (I'm presuming that's who they are).

Edit: already confirmed.

I thought that might be him. I sit four rows behind him. Saturday was the first time Ive heard him to be honest, he was going off on one half way through the first half, I thought his anger was aimed at Wotherspoon in fact Im sure it was. He's far enough away from me not to bother me too much but if he gets on my wick agian like he did last week I'll be shouting down to him.

s.a.m
13-12-2011, 08:14 AM

:top marks It's fairly insulting to both the "avearge working class supporter" and to the players to suggest that the team is there as a kind of psychotherapeutic punch-bag. It suggests that "the average working class supporter" is some kind of knuckle-dragging neanderthal who can't contain his aggression elsewhere, unless he (or she) is able to get it all off their chest at the football. It's just offensive behaviour, and should be treated as such.

Kato
13-12-2011, 08:47 AM
Imagine giving abuse to a player who loves this club to death and plays out of his skin everytime, even although he's surrounded by utter s***e.

He set up our best chance of the day because he didn't give up on the ball.

He set up Hanlon's header as well.