PDA

View Full Version : victor and leigh

Ferryhibby
11-12-2011, 12:22 AM
Anyone know what was going on with these two at the warm ups today, palson looked to be heading for griffiths after the shooting practice only being held off by oconnor.

Liams
11-12-2011, 01:09 AM
i saw this too... wish they showed this bite on park... also why can Leigh score during the warm up... but when it comes to games, he has a touch of a bricky, maybe tring to hard?(note im not abusing him)

AFKA5814_Hibs
11-12-2011, 01:38 AM
Griffiths should spend more time trying to score against the opposition than winding up the opposition fans. :agree:

Future17
11-12-2011, 09:16 AM
Anyone know what was going on with these two at the warm ups today, palson looked to be heading for griffiths after the shooting practice only being held off by oconnor.

If Palsson's efforts during half-time were anything to go by, he was probably still struggling with last night's hangover.

alfieboi75
11-12-2011, 09:58 AM
At St Johnstone's game, Leigh was practing his penalties only for Palsson to piss about and knock the ball of the penalty spot as Leigh was running up.

Palsson found this funny, and Leigh tried to smack a ball off him only to miss!

A couple of verbal words from Leigh but Palsson did not care.

Cropley10
11-12-2011, 11:06 AM
At St Johnstone's game, Leigh was practing his penalties only for Palsson to piss about and knock the ball of the penalty spot as Leigh was running up.

What a disgrace. Have you written to the Club?

Future17
11-12-2011, 03:03 PM
What a disgrace. Have you written to the Club?

It wouldn't be acceptable if Griffiths had come on and missd a penalty.

I don't really understand your attitude. They're supposed to be professionals - if Palsson can't even warm up properly, or at least leave team mates to warm up properly, how can we ever expect standards at the Club will improve?

Kammy1875
11-12-2011, 03:23 PM

I don't really understand your attitude. They're supposed to be professionals - if Palsson can't even warm up properly, or at least leave team mates to warm up properly, how can we ever expect standards at the Club will improve?

Exactly it sums up all that's wrong with the club.

Cropley10
11-12-2011, 03:25 PM

Some folk will use any stick possible to beat Palsson with - I think our whole warm up routine has been unprofessional for years. Same with our half time Subs routine.

I don't recall ever seeing anyone practising penalties and I don't believe there's any correlation between slotting one in the warm-up/kick-a-bout and in a pressure situation during a game. Who says he'd even take one even if we did.

Like I said - the Palsson-watchers seem to keep be vigilant 24/7. Well done for pointing this out.

Cropley10
11-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Exactly it sums up all that's wrong with the club.

Drama queen:greengrin

Bayern Bru
11-12-2011, 03:54 PM
Victor Palsson ate my hamster. :rolleyes:

Future17
11-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Some folk will use any stick possible to beat Palsson with - I think our whole warm up routine has been unprofessional for years. Same with our half time Subs routine.

I think the pre-match routine is mainly fine. I think the half-time routine is pathetic and, as you say has been for years. Why is one of our many coaches not out there? At the very minimum, they should be getting the players moving about more to raise their muscle temperature.

I don't recall ever seeing anyone practising penalties and I don't believe there's any correlation between slotting one in the warm-up/kick-a-bout and in a pressure situation during a game. Who says he'd even take one even if we did.

I don't see what it matters whether it was a penalty or any other type of shot. The bottom line is that he's a forward - he should be allowed to practice shooting at half-time.

Out of interest - you don't think there's ANY correlation between practising penalties at half-time and scoring one during a game?!? If anything, at half-time during a game is the closest you're ever going to get to replicating a real match situation in a practice environment.

Like I said - the Palsson-watchers seem to keep be vigilant 24/7. Well done for pointing this out.

Thanks.

I had high hopes for him when he arrived, but he's let himself down.

I'm not one for believing everything you hear about players off the pitch, but VP has done himself no favours on it.

matty_f
11-12-2011, 08:16 PM
I think the pre-match routine is mainly fine. I think the half-time routine is pathetic and, as you say has been for years. Why is one of our many coaches not out there? At the very minimum, they should be getting the players moving about more to raise their muscle temperature.

I don't see what it matters whether it was a penalty or any other type of shot. The bottom line is that he's a forward - he should be allowed to practice shooting at half-time.

Out of interest - you don't think there's ANY correlation between practising penalties at half-time and scoring one during a game?!? If anything, at half-time during a game is the closest you're ever going to get to replicating a real match situation in a practice environment.

Thanks.

I'm not one for believing everything you hear about players off the pitch, but VP has done himself no favours on it.

Agree with this. Palsson looked every bit the player when he arrived at the club but seems well out the picture now. I hope he reacts in the right way and that there is a future for him at the club. It will be interesting to see where Fenlon thinks Palsson fits at the club, if he does at all.

WindyMiller
11-12-2011, 08:19 PM

I think Leigh was very angry, at the time, there doesn't seem to be any love lost there.
If Palsson put in as much effort as Leigh, he'd be first pick as he obviously has the ability.

shagpile
11-12-2011, 08:29 PM
[QUOTE=Future17;3030396]I think the pre-match routine is mainly fine. I think the half-time routine is pathetic and, as you say has been for years. Why is one of our many coaches not out there? At the very minimum, they should be getting the players moving about more to raise their muscle temperature.

What a crock of ****. Of course it's not close. For starters there is seldom a goalkeeper between the sticks & banging the ball into an empty net from 12 yards is not going to invoke much stress on the taker , is it?

:rolleyes:

Future17
11-12-2011, 08:43 PM
What a crock of ****. Of course it's not close. For starters there is seldom a goalkeeper between the sticks & banging the ball into an empty net from 12 yards is not going to invoke much stress on the taker , is it?

:rolleyes:

I didn't say it was close. I said it was the closest you would get in a practice situation.

When it comes to practising penalties, a goalkeeper is almost irrelevant - unless you're the type of player who waits for the keeper to move before deciding where to place your shot....which is very risky and a skill beyond a lot of professionals.

Penalties are about making your mind up where you are going to put it...and then putting it there as efficiently as possible. The practice is in getting it low, or keeping it high, or putting it just inside the post. For the taker, having a goalkeeper in during practice is a bonus, but far from essential.

The advantage of half-time on match day is that there is a noise of a full(ish) stadium and the knowledge you are being watched.

Not the same as a real game, but the closest you would get in a practice situation.

Cropley10
11-12-2011, 09:02 PM

Thanks.

I tend to get to ER early for most games. I also tend to watch our warm up and the opposition's too (as I like to borrow ideas for my own team). We've basically being doing he same thing for years and it's very half ersed IMHO. I'm hoping the new Boss brings in a little variety.

Cropley10
11-12-2011, 09:04 PM
I didn't say it was close. I said it was the closest you would get in a practice situation.

When it comes to practising penalties, a goalkeeper is almost irrelevant - unless you're the type of player who waits for the keeper to move before deciding where to place your shot....which is very risky and a skill beyond a lot of professionals.

Penalties are about making your mind up where you are going to put it...and then putting it there as efficiently as possible. The practice is in getting it low, or keeping it high, or putting it just inside the post. For the taker, having a goalkeeper in during practice is a bonus, but far from essential.

The advantage of half-time on match day is that there is a noise of a full(ish) stadium and the knowledge you are being watched.

Not the same as a real game, but the closest you would get in a practice situation.

You literally can't miss a penalty in to an open goal.

Elephant Stone
11-12-2011, 09:08 PM

:hmmm:

Cropley10
11-12-2011, 09:11 PM
:hmmm:

So you've got the whole goal in front of you and no goalie. What exactly are you practising?

Eyrie
11-12-2011, 09:27 PM

How many have England missed in recent years?

Monts
11-12-2011, 09:53 PM
So you've got the whole goal in front of you and no goalie. What exactly are you practising?

You've completely missed the point Future17 was making.

Future17
11-12-2011, 10:22 PM

I think I'll give up. :greengrin

WellingtonHibby
11-12-2011, 11:10 PM
You literally can't miss a penalty in to an open goal. Figuratively. You literally can miss.

TrickyNicky
11-12-2011, 11:23 PM
Don't be so hard on VP, Fenlon obviously rates him - he always makes him sit second from the left in the dugout!