PDA

View Full Version : Osbourne

matty_f
10-12-2011, 07:58 PM
IMHO, he's been our player of the year so far. Took a couple of games to get going, but despite being overshadowed by an immense performance from Stevenson today, I think he's consistently been the stand out player for us for some time.

Cracking bit of business from Calderwood in getting him here.

frazeHFC
10-12-2011, 08:01 PM
:agree:

Hibs Class
10-12-2011, 08:04 PM
IMHO, he's been our player of the year so far. Took a couple of games to get going, but despite being overshadowed by an immense performance from Stevenson today, I think he's consistently been the stand out player for us for some time.Cracking bit of business from Calderwood in getting him here.Agree. A lot of what he does looks effortless but he is a hard worker, never hides, always puts in a shift and more often than not finds a pass.

Kammy1875
10-12-2011, 08:05 PM
Agree with that, he must be wondering how the hell he ended up playing with the ***** he is.

See if we had him under Mowbary we would have been complete :agree:

I Don't agree with the Stevenson part, he and Ozzy were playing a similar role, IO was head and shoulders better than Stevenson. What the **** happened to the classy player he used to be??

M11BMO
10-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Best of a bad bunch. Looks a promising player, still very young and naive which is sometimes evident in some of his play. Hes already turned into a key player this season. I'm looking forward to see if him and Stevenson can form a strong partnership in the middle of the park.

At The Edge
10-12-2011, 08:08 PM
:agree: very good player with a good vision, his defence splitting pass to Ivan today was inch perfect.
Does Stevenson seem to have gained more confidence lately due to Ozzy being beside him?
Playing in the more forward position seems to suit Ozzy as well

Bayern Bru
10-12-2011, 08:12 PM
How much of it is down to Fenlon? :hmmm:

Agreed though. Although I only watched it on TV (due to work), Ozzy and Lewis looked much improved.

Jonnyboy
10-12-2011, 08:14 PM
Agree with that, he must be wondering how the hell he ended up playing with the ***** he is.

I Don't agree with the Stevenson part, he and Ozzy were playing a similar role, IO was head and shoulders better than Stevenson. What the **** happened to the classy player he used to be??

Think you're in the minority on that one Kammy. Lewis was great today and getting back to the player "he used to be."

Kammy1875
10-12-2011, 08:20 PM
Think you're in the minority on that one Kammy. Lewis was great today and getting back to the player "he used to be."

Cool Jonny, I would say his combativeness is 100% different from the 2 or 3 games he used to be though, he's a different player these days :agree:

matty_f
10-12-2011, 08:24 PM
How much of it is down to Fenlon? :hmmm:

Agreed though. Although I only watched it on TV (due to work), Ozzy and Lewis looked much improved.

To be fair to CC, I think Osbourne was putting in good performances while CC was still in charge. However, having Stevenson and Wotherspoon playing the holding role behind him certainly seems to have brought a bit more from him.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
10-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Think we should stick with Ozzy and Lewy in the centre of midfield for the time being

Kammy1875
10-12-2011, 08:27 PM
Think we should stick with Ozzy and Lewy in the centre of midfield for the time being

As long as it fits in with Hart never, ever wearing a Hibernian jersey ever again :agree:

MWHIBBIES
10-12-2011, 08:28 PM

I Don't agree with the Stevenson part, he and Ozzy were playing a similar role, IO was head and shoulders better than Stevenson. What the **** happened to the classy player he used to be??Only if he killed Zibi :greengrin

IWasThere2016
10-12-2011, 08:32 PM
He and Lewis were our best today IMHO.

Kammy1875
10-12-2011, 08:32 PM
Only if he killed Zibi :greengrin

Which, in my dreams he would smash him in the puss with a football and Zibbi would be hypnotised into being the best keeper in Leith, and not a ****ing clown:greengrin

Cropley10
10-12-2011, 09:39 PM

Not sure what you mean, we played 4-2-3-1 with Lewis sitting and Ozzy further forward. Not a similar role at all IMHO.

Lewis so often kept possession and in the second half was very quick to try and get the ball forward particularly to Sproule on the left side. He did a power of ball winning too.

I quite like IO but lost count of how many times he went up for a header and missed it. Also don't recall a single ball that turned the Rangers defence. Everyone's moaning about Garry but he had hee haw service today.

matty_f
10-12-2011, 09:43 PM
Not sure what you mean, we played 4-2-3-1 with Lewis sitting and Ozzy further forward. Not a similar role at all IMHO.

Lewis so often kept possession and in the second half was very quick to try and get the ball forward particularly to Sproule on the left side. He did a power of ball winning too.

I quite like IO but lost count of how many times he went up for a header and missed it. Also don't recall a single ball that turned the Rangers defence. Everyone's moaning about Garry but he had hee haw service today.

Played Sproule in first half, but Sproule, having got in front of the defender decided to cut back rather than go through on goal.

Cropley10
10-12-2011, 09:54 PM
Played Sproule in first half, but Sproule, having got in front of the defender decided to cut back rather than go through on goal.

Quite right, apologies - he did do that (and so did Ivan).

hibb1
10-12-2011, 10:16 PM
Thought lewis and ozzy had great game,Ozzy nicked it for me but mate had lewis as mom
I love the way ozzys lanky legs nik in tackles and get balls he shouldnae be winning and hes young and learning think he could be a crackin player for us

smurf
10-12-2011, 11:12 PM
He and Lewis were our best today IMHO.

Definitely.

Wotherspiniesta
10-12-2011, 11:31 PM
IMHO, he's been our player of the year so far. Took a couple of games to get going, but despite being overshadowed by an immense performance from Stevenson today, I think he's consistently been the stand out player for us for some time.

:agree:

I seem to remember being shot down in flames by some footballing brains on here for saying Ozzy would be a great player for us.

Not seen him have a bad game for us yet. Maybe his first game against Hearts but that's about it.

Keep it up IO :thumbsup:

AFKA5814_Hibs
10-12-2011, 11:37 PM
Had an excellent game today, he and Stevenson were the stand outs. :agree:

brydekirk
11-12-2011, 09:01 AM
Stevenson is consistant at giving his all for the team, as for the rest of his game, we'll see what happens next week

lucky
11-12-2011, 09:21 AM
Lewis, Ozzy and spoons played very well. But for me Lewis was MotM

Seveno
11-12-2011, 01:21 PM
No doubt that Osbourne has the ability but he could work a lot harder imho. Doesn't so much mark his man as keep him company.

Mikey
11-12-2011, 01:26 PM
Ahem. *Cough *cough.........

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?216166-Hibs.net-Sponsorship-2011-2012-Isaiah-Osbourne

:greengrin

Malthibby
11-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Osbourne is the only player we currently have who looks as if
he's in control of the ball & knows what he wants to do with it, week in, week out.
The rest can look the part in brief spells but don't have his consistency.
I'm just chuffed for Stevenson. Don't know whether he downed a crate of absinthe after
the cup final game, because at that point I thought we had found a replacement for Brown,
but he completely lost it after that, essentially for years.
Hibs have stuck by him & it looks as if he is on the way back.
GG

silverhibee
11-12-2011, 02:04 PM

Disagree Matty, GOC has been our player of the year so far, yes his last few games haven't been good but without the big man's goals we would be sat adrift at the bottom of the table.

The_Horde
11-12-2011, 02:50 PM
Ozzy and Stevenson were our best players yesterday but we really need a creative player in beside them, our play is far too predictable and we just need someone who does something out of the ordinary in there. Someone like Deano would be ideal.

matty_f
11-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Disagree Matty, GOC has been our player of the year so far, yes his last few games haven't been good but without the big man's goals we would be sat adrift at the bottom of the table.

Garry started well but I haven't seen him have a good game in ages. Osbourne, on the other hand, has impressed consistently IMHO.:agree:

Bayern Bru
11-12-2011, 03:53 PM
To be fair to CC, I think Osbourne was putting in good performances while CC was still in charge. However, having Stevenson and Wotherspoon playing the holding role behind him certainly seems to have brought a bit more from him.

I also think he seems about a yard quicker, as do a couple of other players and wonder if Fenlon tinkering has made the difference. I still thought Osbourne had some great games under CC, I agree with you there. But I reckon he's improved still.