View Full Version : 11,380

Gatecrasher
10-12-2011, 06:18 PM
todays crowd

:no way:

I hope Paddy can turn us around

frazeHFC
10-12-2011, 06:21 PM
I was shocked at how small the crowd was!

Kammy1875
10-12-2011, 06:24 PM
Match against the Old Firm, disgraceful.

Where have all the "supporters" went????

matty_f
10-12-2011, 06:32 PM
todays crowd

:no way:

I hope Paddy can turn us around

I was shocked at how poor a turn-out it was when I got to the game. I was in about ten minutes before kick-off and the place looked empty, when it kicked off I still couldn't believe how few were in.

Very disappointing crowd, and it shows just how much Fenlon is going to have to do to re-capture the imagination of the Hibs support. I certainly hope he's up to it!

johnrebus
10-12-2011, 06:34 PM

Early kick off.

Game live on TV.

Twenty eight quid to get in.

No pay at the gate.

One home win in ten months.

Next question?

PaulSmith
10-12-2011, 06:35 PM
We've won 3 out of 17 games in the league this season and iirc about 6 home games in 18 months.

Only when we start to win games will we tempt back the missing 4-5 thousand.

Early ko's and live tv do not help but winning games is the be all in getting fans back

Disc O'Dave
10-12-2011, 06:39 PM
Early kick off.

Game live on TV.

No pay at the gate.

Next question?

Include:

Two weeks to go to Christmas

Folk are genuinely skint

It was freezing

A team playing well will make it easier to ignore those factors......

Greenblood70
10-12-2011, 07:10 PM
I'm not sure why people were shocked by the size of the crowd today.

Personally I'm quite content with Fenlon but I get the feeling its not the "shot in the arm" type of inspirational appointment thats going to bring back the missing 3 or 4k. I think the attendances will settle around the 9k or 10k ave mark for a number of reasons. The days of taking 16k attendances for granted against Celtic, Rangers and Hearts are over imo.

Lets face it the football is utter *****, not just from Hibs but from every team in the SPL and punters are voting with their feet rather than pay the ridiculously inflated prices to watch players struggle to do the very basic skills footballers should be capable of.

This will almost certainly be my last year as a season ticket holder. Very few of the people I used to go with are interested any more and my enthusiasm for Hibs is pretty much gone if I'm honest.

Kammy1875
10-12-2011, 07:16 PM
Early kick off.

Game live on TV.

No pay at the gate.

Next question?

Call yourself a supporter? (not you personally)
If we were playing decent there is no danger this would be the crowd.

Disgraceful crowd for the club, lets just laugh at hearts on the internet though eh? :rolleyes:

Kammy1875
10-12-2011, 07:18 PM
Include:

Two weeks to go to Christmas

Folk are genuinely skint

It was freezing

A team playing well will make it easier to ignore those factors......

aye, it's cold, lets not go and watch the cabbage - thats a new one cheers :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Malthibby
10-12-2011, 07:22 PM
Success will breed success & the crowds will improve.
It's been a long hard slog since the cup win but the crowds will increase if we begin winning.
There's just a limit to the number of folk insane enough to keep turning up to watch the tugid pash
that's been on show for so long but we have to believe it will change, if only because the law of averages
has to kick in eventually.
GG

Mon_the_cabbage
10-12-2011, 07:26 PM
aye, it's cold, lets not go and watch the cabbage - thats a new one cheers
:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

You do realise that anyone with a heart condition may struggle to make games when it is bitterly cold?

There will be many ST holders who are affected by cold weather. Not all football fans are young and 100% healthy.

Kammy1875
10-12-2011, 07:30 PM
You do realise that anyone with a heart condition may struggle to make games when it is bitterly cold?

There will be many ST holders who are affected by cold weather. Not all football fans are young and 100% healthy.

:greengrin Heart condition = 3 people max

Hibs support is woeful these days. There's no excuse everyone has ****ed off :rolleyes:

jdships
10-12-2011, 07:40 PM

Hibs support is woeful these days. There's no excuse everyone has ****ed off ::

Maybe you hopefully will live long enough to understand what that means :blah:
I can give you five names, including myself ,who because of the cold and our health/age(we are all 75/81) did not attend to day :rolleyes:
That's two more than you estimated :wink:

Bob Box Fish
10-12-2011, 07:44 PM
I remember being at the same fixture years ago on a Wednesday night when rangers were going for the league at the end of the season and there was only about 10k there. We won 1-0 Keith Wright scored.

Kammy1875
10-12-2011, 07:48 PM
Maybe you hopefully will live long enough to understand what that means :blah:
I can give you five names, including myself ,who because of the cold and our health/age(we are all 75/81) did not attend to day :rolleyes:
That's two more than you estimated :wink:

If we were third, playing brilliant football, with Scotty and Thommo, Garry, Ivan & Derek with Boozy controlling things in the middle would you attend My guess is yes.

The crowds are down the now because the support have ****ed off. Although I dont agree with the ignorant board it's still pathetic.

edwards
10-12-2011, 07:50 PM
It's been a long hard slog since the cup win but the crowds will increase if we begin winning.
There's just a limit to the number of folk insane enough to keep turning up to watch the tugid pash
that's been on show for so long but we have to believe it will change, if only because the law of averages
GG

:top marks

We are lucky we got a crowd that size it could have been worse, Success breads success [spot on]our performances have been absolutely murder since the begining of last season could you what the old firm crowds would be like tif either of their teams were to serve up what we are. I sincerely hope paddy can change things about but we still have a few weeks till the January window our season has to start with three points in our next game.

johnrebus
10-12-2011, 07:56 PM
If we were third, playing brilliant football, with Scotty and Thommo, Garry, Ivan & Derek with Boozy controlling things in the middle would you attend My guess is yes.

The crowds are down the now because the support have ****ed off. Although I dont agree with the ignorant board it's still pathetic.

You really do protest too much.

Sure your name is'nt kammy1874?

Mon_the_cabbage
10-12-2011, 08:03 PM

Hibs support is woeful these days. There's no excuse everyone has ****ed off :rolleyes:

deary me!

You put your pathetic wee smileys when someone suggests that the cold can prevent attendance and when it is put to you that there are many people for whom the weather does play a part all you can reply with is another of your pathetic smileys?

Are you five years old?

If not here's hoping you have perfect health for ever.

Mon_the_cabbage
10-12-2011, 08:18 PM

If I may answer this one (I'm sure JDShips is more than capable of speaking for himself) but how dare you!

Do you think that some people who when it is cold, and their chest pains are unbearable would put that aside to attend a football match? For your info, they may struggle to get out the house.

Do you have any idea what illness is? You really are coming over as a complete ignoramus.

I don't want to bore others in this general discussion on attendances but I do feel strongly that your attitude to fellow supporters who cannot attend when it is cold needs held to account.

Ray_
10-12-2011, 08:38 PM
aye, it's cold, lets not go and watch the cabbage - thats a new one cheers :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Why do you think it is so unbelievable that some people would consider it not worth it to get frozen stiff watching the garbage Hibs have been producing over the last couple of years?

iwasthere1972
10-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Call yourself a supporter? (not you personally)
If we were playing decent there is no danger this would be the crowd.

Disgraceful crowd for the club, lets just laugh at hearts on the internet though eh? :rolleyes:

Therein lies the answer. You should just change your name to KammyKnickers because what you're posting in this thread is sheer pants.

Forza Fred
10-12-2011, 08:45 PM

Yuo sir, by yuor comments on this thread have suggested that you are either

(a) young and immature
(b) plain ignorant
(c) A Yam

It is also entirely possible that you could be a combination of any or all.

Beefster
10-12-2011, 08:47 PM

You may be a Hibee or you may be a Yam but you're definitely a trumpet.

SunshineOnLeith
10-12-2011, 09:19 PM
I didn't go because it was 28 quid. The kickoff time was another factor, but the price was the main one. Nothing to do with the time of year, or ability to afford it, SPL football as a matchday experience simply isn't worth anything like that.

Hibercelona
10-12-2011, 09:27 PM
No danger was I forking out 28 quid for that tosh when I could laze on the couch and watch it on the tube.

I don't buy into this whole "Lesser fan" business.

You either take an interest in the club or you don't. And however you choose to take an interest is entirely up to yourself.

I'll most certainly go back when I get what i'm offered at the beginning of the season........ football. :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-12-2011, 09:39 PM
Don't know if anyone caught Barnsley v Ipswich on the box? Home team doing really well in the fourth richest league in Europe, but the ground was mostly deserted.

SRHibs
10-12-2011, 09:43 PM

Football is meant to be a form of entertainment. Hibs are anything but entertaining. Don't blame anyone for not wanting to go to the games to be quite honest.

Sammy7nil
10-12-2011, 09:49 PM
GG

Nearly choked on my supper :greengrin when is this going to happen ?
Probably not in my life time and not in the next year unless 7th is succsess:confused:

iwasthere1972
10-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Don't know if anyone caught Barnsley v Ipswich on the box? Home team doing really well in the fourth richest league in Europe, but the ground was mostly deserted.

Just over 9,000 but great value for money. Didn't see the game but 31 shots on/off target in total. About 3 times as many as we saw at Easter Road this afternoon.

Scouse Hibee
10-12-2011, 09:54 PM

I was there however can you answer this:

Do you go to the cinema to see movies that don't interest you knowing that you won't be entertained in any way especially as you've heard crap reviews of the movie? I only ask because I'm an uber movie fan and it really hacks me off when the cinema is half full...............where the **** is every one I ask myself! :rolleyes:

LancashireHibby
10-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Just over 9,000 but great value for money. Didn't see the game but 31 shots on/off target in total. About 3 times as many as we saw at Easter Road this afternoon.
I think you're being incredibly generous there to suggest there was anything close to 10 attempts on goal at ER today!

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-12-2011, 10:53 PM
I used to be an uberfan, its quite amusing reading the current young fans having a dash right left and centre at folk that have had to put up with for the most part turgid pish for 30 years! If only www. was around when i was a nipper!

Steve-O
10-12-2011, 10:54 PM
Hmm...sounds like Hibs and my team over here, Phoenix, have about the same support nowadays! Appalling crowd of 6020 at the game yesterday and that's without any away fans (well, maybe about 10 of them! :greengrin).

Probably similar reasons - crap football, close to xmas, folk have no money, belief that it's too expensive to go, match live on TV. Sadly the weather can't be blamed though as it was shorts and t-shirt weather here yesterday!

So, it ain't just at Hibs where attendances are dropping.

7Hero
10-12-2011, 11:36 PM
the owner and the board have pumped the club so much, most folk can't be arsed going anymore......

madabouthibs
11-12-2011, 12:07 AM
Mostly about the value for money for me, not to mention the time of year.
I bought my NY derby tickets on Thursday, £28 + £14 + £3 + £1 postage........ deary me! :rolleyes:
I'm sorry, but nearly a ton to watch two Hibs games with my 12yo lad?

Blobby Williamson would be delighted at the amount of cinema visits I could get for that! :agree:

hibiedude
11-12-2011, 02:49 AM
Hibs have been producing rank rotten football over the last couple of years? it was said on TV during the game whats the point having a great stadium when it has never been filled since the new stand was added.

Burley made some very good points yesterday but as some have said in the match thread "the truth hurts"

I'm suprised the "your not a true Hibs fan" nonsense hasn't been posted yet.

Fenlon has one hell of a job on his hands but knowing Hibs we won't give him time.

Wilson
11-12-2011, 05:34 AM
Hibs have been producing rank rotten football over the last couple of years? it was said on TV during the game whats the point having a great stadium when it has never been filled since the new stand was added.

Burley made some very good points yesterday but as some have said in the match thread "the truth hurts"

I'm suprised the "your not a true Hibs fan" nonsense hasn't been posted yet.

Fenlon has one hell of a job on his hands but knowing Hibs we won't give him time.

The stand will be there long after this downward spell has passed. It'll be there to get sold out the next time we're challenging (and it will be half empty after that when the wheels inevitably come off again). It is an investment in the club that will last an age. It is done. It is impressive. We shouldn't take the short-term view on it.

Craig Burley is using the new stand as a stick to beat the club with but he is taking it out of the context that managers have been signed and have been given the backing to get their own men in. That these managers were failures does not take away the fact that the resources were there for them - regardless of the stand.

Remember he isn't talking as someone who gives a damn about hibs or Scottish football. He is a mouthpiece (or worse) who is paid to have something to say and will say it regardless of the lack of insight and context.

The only thing he got right yesterday was that we are (have been) garbage but Pat Fenlon is working on that.

hibiedude
11-12-2011, 05:47 AM
The stand will be there long after this downward spell has passed. It'll be there to get sold out the next time we're challenging (and it will be half empty after that when the wheels inevitably come off again). It is an investment in the club that will last an age. It is done. It is impressive. We shouldn't take the short-term view on it.

Craig Burley is using the new stand as a stick to beat the club with but he is taking it out of the context that managers have been signed and have been given the backing to get their own men in. That these managers were failures does not take away the fact that the resources were there for them - regardless of the stand.

Remember he isn't talking as someone who gives a damn about hibs or Scottish football. He is a mouthpiece (or worse) who is paid to have something to say and will say it regardless of the lack of insight and context.

The only thing he got right yesterday was that we are (have been) garbage but Pat Fenlon is working on that.

The question was why 11,380 fans at yesterday game as said we have been rank rotten for about 2-3 seasons- the money wasn't used to strenghten the team it was used to build a new stand.

Craig Burley expressed the same views as the guys in the studio- the stadium and pitch is in great shape but the problem is we are putting Cr@p on it every 2 weeks.

The fans are staying away because the football simply isn’t worth the entrance fee or they are doing something better on a Saturday.

JustSimplyHibs
11-12-2011, 11:49 AM
Plain and simple really.....THE COST OF ATTENDING SPL GAMES IS ABSOULTY SHOCKING FOR WATCHING THE SAME TEAMS UPTO 4/5 TIMES A SEASON.

We have all these nice looking lego box stadiums that lie empty every week not just Hibs, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Utd, Aberdeen have this problem as well.

The money from sponsors are servely lacking, who can blame them, with empty stadium and poor quality at times on the park and the fact we can play teams upto 7 times a season (inc cup games), ask yourself if you have a multi million pound business would you pump cash into our game which is a poor product?

The sooner clubs realise this the better for eveyone in Scotland.

1. Club's should decrease the gate money,£10 adult and £5 chil/OAP for Cat B games,

2. get rid of all these authority bodies and have 3 bodies, SFA (look after whole of game), A league body, and a players union.

3. Get rid of the 4 leagues and make 2 leagues both with 20 teams in them.

4. A tier system like Engerland

5. If the government want to stick their noses into the game of football in Scotland, maybe they should start investing into grassroot football.....otherwise GTF and start running the country better.

6. Stop being dictated to with regards to game's on the TV, for a start Inverness should never have a game kicking off at 12.30pm any weekend

It's not just a Hibs problem it's a Scottish Football problem. I thought we had fans rep's talking to our club, bout time they started to push our club to be a forward thinker and contributor to our country's game.

NAE NOOKIE
11-12-2011, 02:55 PM
Theres a hundred reasons why folk dont go and the trouble is that the SPL/SFL/SFA are just to stupid to do something about it.

Hibs being gash is the one reason out of their control, but it doesnt fully account for such a poor crowd.

The guy who posted about the cold and people with health problems was bang on. This is the 21st century and folk are no longer prepared to put up with stuff they would have 30 years ago and more to the point dont have to.

A 12:30 kick off, or for the derby 12:15 is a bloody nonsense.

£28 for the standard of football on show is too much and is putting people off.

And finally ..... Playing in the winter is so bloody stupid that it beggard belief that we still do it.

Anybody who goes to ER on a Saturday should just take a look around them at the lack of older folk or young kids. Why would an old person with health problems subject themselves to 3 hours in the bloody freezing cold, or a parent with young kids do the same to their children. Kids have X Boxes and all that crap sitting at home in a warm bedroom where they can play Soccer manager before sitting down with grandad to watch bloody Arsenal v Chelsea on SKY sports.

The people running our game think that they have to get Henry McLeish to spend 6 months writing up a report on how to get the game back on track, when the folk who actually pay to go to games have been telling them what is required for bloody years.

1 .......... A bigger league with play offs
2 .......... Reasonable Prices
3 .......... An end to unfair and stupid kick off times
4 .......... Summer football.

The Irish who have traditional summer sports to contend with like Hurling and Gaelic football still thought it was a good idea to play in the summer, but in Scotland with no serious sports like that to compete with we havnt.

What a bunch of idiots we have running our game !!!!!!!:grr:

silverhibee
11-12-2011, 03:17 PM
Hmm...sounds like Hibs and my team over here, Phoenix, have about the same support nowadays! Appalling crowd of 6020 at the game yesterday and that's without any away fans (well, maybe about 10 of them! :greengrin).

Probably similar reasons - crap football, close to xmas, folk have no money, belief that it's too expensive to go, match live on TV. Sadly the weather can't be blamed though as it was shorts and t-shirt weather here yesterday!

So, it ain't just at Hibs where attendances are dropping.

Lose our next two away games and we could be looking at a crowd like that against ICT on the 28th Dec at ER on the Wednesday night.

And even though there was an improvement in the team yesterday it certainly wasn't good enough that it will entice the stay away fans to start coming back through the gates again to support the team.

Leith Green
11-12-2011, 04:15 PM
If I may answer this one (I'm sure JDShips is more than capable of speaking for himself) but how dare you!

Do you think that some people who when it is cold, and their chest pains are unbearable would put that aside to attend a football match? For your info, they may struggle to get out the house.

Do you have any idea what illness is? You really are coming over as a complete ignoramus.

I don't want to bore others in this general discussion on attendances but I do feel strongly that your attitude to fellow supporters who cannot attend when it is cold needs held to account.

WTF??

I hardly think the supporters who didn't attend today due to the cold weather having an impact on their health would have made much of a dent on the overall attendance, I think that was the guys point in his response to you.

Get off your high horse