PDA

View Full Version : Fans leaving??

NorthNorfolkHFC
10-12-2011, 05:57 PM
Under CC I left Easter Road on many occasions early, purely because the football was murder and felt towards the end that if enough fans left then pressure would get to Petrie.

However, today at about 65/70 minutes fans were streaming towards the exits. It must be crap for the players to see all the fans leaving 20 minutes before the end. Especially when we were actually playing a bit better, how are we supposed to make easter road a hard place to come if everybody leaves even when players ARE playing ok and putting in the required effort?

I stayed today to clap the players and manager because they played well and appear to have turned a corner. If Hibs try their best and lose yeah i am gutted but i'll stay to support them just in case they can get back into the game. Hibs should/could have been pressurissing Rangers for the last ten and had the fans created an atmosphere in the last ten rather than choose to leave it might have given the players a lift and helped them a bit. I appreciate they don't need us to pressure Rangers but having the crowd behind you rather than heading for the exits would have surely helped!!!

Hibbyradge
10-12-2011, 06:04 PM
It must be crap for the players to see all the fans leaving 20 minutes before the end.

Unfortunately, the players don't seem to worry how crap they're performances are for us to see.

NAE NOOKIE
10-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Under CC I left Easter Road on many occasions early, purely because the football was murder and felt towards the end that if enough fans left then pressure would get to Petrie.

However, today at about 65/70 minutes fans were streaming towards the exits. It must be crap for the players to see all the fans leaving 20 minutes before the end. Especially when we were actually playing a bit better, how are we supposed to make easter road a hard place to come if everybody leaves even when players ARE playing ok and putting in the required effort?

I stayed today to clap the players and manager because they played well and appear to have turned a corner. If Hibs try their best and lose yeah i am gutted but i'll stay to support them just in case they can get back into the game. Hibs should/could have been pressurissing Rangers for the last ten and had the fans created an atmosphere in the last ten rather than choose to leave it might have given the players a lift and helped them a bit. I appreciate they don't need us to pressure Rangers but having the crowd behind you rather than heading for the exits would have surely helped!!!

:top marks

matty_f
10-12-2011, 06:05 PM

I left early today (80 mins) for the first time in a long, long time but only because I had to get to the other side of towm for 3pm for work. IMHO, the players were well worth some applause at the end of the game and under normal circumstances I'd definitely have stayed back to do so.

frazeHFC
10-12-2011, 06:08 PM
I can understand pretty well. Seeing those hun jakeys jumping about singing all sorts of crap made me want to leave. I didn't but can understand those who did.

BoltonHibee
10-12-2011, 06:08 PM
I was tempted to switch the tv off after 15 minutes, but suffered all the way through. There was nothing else to do! Don't blame anyone leaving early having endured that performance.

NorthNorfolkHFC
10-12-2011, 06:15 PM
Unfortunately, the players don't seem to worry how crap they're performances are for us to see.

I'd like to bet they do bother. Don't think any attempt to play badly. Under the previous regime i think CC failed to organise and structure his teams at all, made an average team appear a lot worse than they actually are. This is what we saw today, the same team that CC had available but it was organised, structured and had a game plan.

If we all stayed and made a noise right til the end the players WOULD respond, i know i would rather play in front of fans that cheered as opposed to fans that left even if i had given my all. Must have been a nightmare to see all the fans going even if we were playing better.

NorthNorfolkHFC
10-12-2011, 06:17 PM
I was tempted to switch the tv off after 15 minutes, but suffered all the way through. There was nothing else to do! Don't blame anyone leaving early having endured that performance.

What was wrong with 'that performance'? If you compare it to CC's tenure it almost appears like we have a different team. Did you expect Barcelona today?

marinello59
10-12-2011, 06:22 PM

Aye, matching the SPL champions for most of the match was well shoddy. Could I suggest you treat yourself to a dose of reality?

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Bottom line is that after what we have seen this season, anyone who digs deep and pays to watch this p*sh is beyond criticism.

Sir David Gray
10-12-2011, 06:41 PM

I wouldn't try to suggest that we were anything special today but for the majority of that match, we were certainly no worse than Rangers, a side that sits more than 30 points ahead of us.

NorthNorfolkHFC
10-12-2011, 06:43 PM
Bottom line is that after what we have seen this season, anyone who digs deep and pays to watch this p*sh is beyond criticism.

But its a different manager=clean slate? Yeah, its been garbage this season but what would it take to 'dig deep'? Do Hibs have to be playing world class football, beating all the teams in the league and free scoring from all parts of the pitch.

Big reality dose needed. I suspect we now have a manager who knows what he is doing, i am a Hibs supporter so i will give him my support. I must admit if you don't support a Hibs manager from the off based on what a previous manager has done then you should find yourself another team to support.

ALF TUPPER
10-12-2011, 06:46 PM
Yeah, was disappointing to see so many leave early.

Guess, if you pay to get in, and want to turn away and go at a time when the team and club need you ...... Its up to you - your choice.

I stayed.... Clapped the players off. That was my choice.

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-12-2011, 06:49 PM
But its a different manager=clean slate? Yeah, its been garbage this season but what would it take to 'dig deep'? Do Hibs have to be playing world class football, beating all the teams in the league and free scoring from all parts of the pitch. Big reality dose needed. I suspect we now have a manager who knows what he is doing, i am a Hibs supporter so i will give him my support. I must admit if you don't support a Hibs manager from the off based on what a previous manager has done then you should find yourself another team to support. Not really sure how to answer that given that you are putting forward personal speculation as fact??

RickyS
10-12-2011, 06:50 PM

i was one of them to be honest but me and the wee man were freezing, couldnae feel our feet any more so had to call it a day, im sure loads of others were in the same boat

BoltonHibee
10-12-2011, 06:53 PM
What was wrong with 'that performance'? If you compare it to CC's tenure it almost appears like we have a different team. Did you expect Barcelona today?

It was awful, full stop. Anybody happy with that needs their heads tested. No, I didn't expect Barcelona today, nor do I at any time in the future. It was awful, I think anybody watching that today would agree. Whether or not it's an improvement or not I don't really care and not the point I'm making.

I do not blame the manager by the way, he can only work with the dross he has. He may be able to improve on today, good luck to him.

If that performance today irrelevant of who we played is acceptable to you, then fair play to you.

BoltonHibee
10-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Aye, matching the SPL champions for most of the match was well shoddy. Could I suggest you treat yourself to a dose of reality?

I don't give a **** who we played today. It was rank beyond belief. Won't get me or thousands of others flocking back, that's for sure.

I don't expect anything from Hibs now, so no dose of reality is needed thanks.

HFC 0-7
10-12-2011, 06:57 PM

The SPL champions are hardly a good outfit and this was probably one of there worst performances of the season so I wouldnt get carried away thinking we matched them. IMO, we improved slightly since Fenlon has come in but that could only muster a 2 nil defeat at the hands of poor SPL champions playing badly. FWIW I think we were too cautious today, the commentators hit the nail on the head at half time saying the first time we went forward as a unit today we created the best chance of the game and that was on 45 minutes. Make no mistake we still have a long long way to go and I think Fenlon can do it but not with being as cautious as that and with the players we have. The game was one of the most boring games I have watched in a while so I would say as far as performances go, this wasnt great.

BoltonHibee
10-12-2011, 06:58 PM
I wouldn't try to suggest that we were anything special today but for the majority of that match, we were certainly no worse than Rangers, a side that sits more than 30 points ahead of us.

I agree, we were no worse than them for a large portion of the match. I don't give a damn where they sit in the league or how many points they are ahead. What you saw today was a team in blue that were chronic, possibly the worst I've ever seen of them, and us....a shambles. ( possibly better than before....what a sad indication).

BoltonHibee
10-12-2011, 06:59 PM
The SPL champions are hardly a good outfit and this was probably one of there worst performances of the season so I wouldnt get carried away thinking we matched them. IMO, we improved slightly since Fenlon has come in but that could only muster a 2 nil defeat at the hands of poor SPL champions playing badly. FWIW I think we were too cautious today, the commentators hit the nail on the head at half time saying the first time we went forward as a unit today we created the best chance of the game and that was on 45 minutes. Make no mistake we still have a long long way to go and I think Fenlon can do it but not with being as cautious as that and with the players we have. The game was one of the most boring games I have watched in a while so I would say as far as performances go, this wasnt great.

Exactly right

NorthNorfolkHFC
10-12-2011, 07:02 PM
It was awful, full stop. Anybody happy with that needs their heads tested. No, I didn't expect Barcelona today, nor do I at any time in the future. It was awful, I think anybody watching that today would agree. Whether or not it's an improvement or not I don't really care and not the point I'm making.

I do not blame the manager by the way, he can only work with the dross he has. He may be able to improve on today, good luck to him.

If that performance today irrelevant of who we played is acceptable to you, then fair play to you.

Most people would accept that today was an improvement on what we have seen. NOT a great performance but certainly better. Thats why i am happy, if you don't like it i don't understand why you support Hibs. We are unlikely to ever have a consistently fantastic team so improvements/wins/good goals are what gives most Hibs fans pleasure. What would it take for you to be happy after a Hibs game?

Scouse Hibee
10-12-2011, 07:06 PM
I agree, we were no worse than them for a large portion of the match. I don't give a damn where they sit in the league or how many points they are ahead. What you saw today was a team in blue that were chronic, possibly the worst I've ever seen of them, and us....a shambles. ( possibly better than before....what a sad indication).

You are of course entitled to your opinion however ****** it is, to say Hibs were a shambles today is not only ****** it is factually incorrect. A shambles would imlply that we had no organisation whatsoever when in reallity we looked a far better organised unit than we have been for a long time. :agree:

BoltonHibee
10-12-2011, 07:06 PM
Most people would accept that today was an improvement on what we have seen. NOT a great performance but certainly better. Thats why i am happy, if you don't like it i don't understand why you support Hibs. We are unlikely to ever have a consistently fantastic team so improvements/wins/good goals are what gives most Hibs fans pleasure. What would it take for you to be happy after a Hibs game?

To have won a game would be the icing on the cake. To have played well would be a bonus. To have fought and tried would be good too. Some attacking play with some shots on goal, preferably more that 2 a game. Perhaps I'm asking too much.

To be honest, I'm not really bothered any more

BoltonHibee
10-12-2011, 07:08 PM
You are of course entitled to your opinion however ****** it is, to say Hibs were a shambles today is not only ****** it is factually incorrect. A shambles would imlply that we had no organisation whatsoever when in reallity we looked a far better organised unit than we have been for a long time. :agree:

Shambles was indeed the wrong choice of word. We were awful though. I don't give a toss if it's an improvement on what has gone before, we are crap, end of story.

Hope Fenlon can turn things around, good luck to him

BroxburnHibee
10-12-2011, 07:11 PM
To have won a game would be the icing on the cake. To have played well would be a bonus. To have fought and tried would be good too. Some attacking play with some shots on goal, preferably more that 2 a game. Perhaps I'm asking too much.

I know how your feeling

I had been totally sickened by Calderwood's Hibs to the point where I didn't want to go anywhere near ER or even care when they were playing.

I've seen enough in the last game and a half that says to me we may have a manager that can organise a poor squad and hopefully get rid of the dross.

Nobody supports Hibs because we want to win all the time - I'm hopeful we've got a good 'un :aok:

HFC 0-7
10-12-2011, 07:14 PM

It was an improvement but it was still lacking, as I said previously it was far too cautious against an average Rangers side which were playing badly. It was clear to see early on that O Connor up top on his own wasnt working and griffiths wasnt doing great on the wing. Even after it was apparent that rangers werent playing well I expected Hibs to go for it a bit and change to having 2 up top but it didnt happen, in fact nothing was really changed, shape wise, in the game. Fenlon is new to this side so he will still be trying things, I hope GOC up front on his own was a trial that he will see doesnt work and it wont be used again. Fenlon is still trying to get his message across to the players and he was going nuts a few times throughout the game because they obviously werent doing as they were told, like throwins which John Collins picked up on, where we should be throwing in to feet not heads. If I am being honest I was a bit let down by Fenlons first game in charge, no one really expected us to win therefore having a proper go at winning with a more attack minded shape would have been the ticket. Perhaps Fenlons gameplan was more attack minded but the players never carried that out on the pitch, either way I think fenlon will change things and we will see improvement that will please all in the coming weeks.

BoltonHibee
10-12-2011, 07:15 PM
I know how your feeling

I had been totally sickened by Calderwood's Hibs to the point where I didn't want to go anywhere near ER or even care when they were playing.

I've seen enough in the last game and a half that says to me we may have a manager that can organise a poor squad and hopefully get rid of the dross.

Nobody supports Hibs because we want to win all the time - I'm hopeful we've got a good 'un :aok:

I never saw the 45 minutes against Motherwell, so I can't really comment. But if today was an improvement on that then it couldn't have been that good :)

There are a lot of changes to be made and dross to clear out. At what cost I would hate to hazard a guess.

Fingers crossed he can turn the club around

BroxburnHibee
10-12-2011, 07:22 PM
I never saw the 45 minutes against Motherwell, so I can't really comment. But if today was an improvement on that then it couldn't have been that good :)

There are a lot of changes to be made and dross to clear out. At what cost I would hate to hazard a guess.

There's a lot of work to be done - I was trying to make the point that there has been a clear improvement in our organisation in the last 135 minutes of football under Fenlon.

Today as a spectacle was pretty poor however we did create the better chances IMO until Hart got involved - I enjoyed Motherwell as well till the fire put a premature end to the game.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I've seen enough already to be cautiously optimistic for the future. Fingers crossed.

Twa Cairpets
10-12-2011, 07:24 PM

Sorry mate, but its stuff like this that really gets under my skin - A real Peter Griffin "grinds my gears" post.

You weren't there, so I can oinly assume the TV pictures were hugely unflattering - Hibs were much better to watch today - up until the goal we dominated the 2nd half, the effort on the pitch was absolutely clear for anyone to see - there was fight in the team and to say otherwise is just plainly wrong. There were much, much fewer individual errors, and was evident to me that the players are under instruction to keep hold of the ball and cut down long punts. The formation was much stronger, the centre halfs were excellent, Stevenson was superb, Wotherspoon had his best game in months and months. Miles from where I'd like us to be, but clearly, from todays game a better prospect awaits compared to what we've had. As for "boring" and "Rangers were the worst ever yada yada yada" did you ever consider that it was Hibs restricitng Rangers creating that caused you to think this? No? Easier by far just to have a pop at Hibs, the team you apparently support.

Finally, if you don't care, then frankly your post is just an example of you being a wind-up merchant who likes to bump their gums spouting keech.

If you dont care, dont post.

blackpoolhibs
10-12-2011, 07:25 PM
Is there anyone available to give boltonhibs a wee cuddle?

hibsbollah
10-12-2011, 07:33 PM
I don't give a **** who we played today. It was rank beyond belief. Won't get me or thousands of others flocking back, that's for sure.I don't expect anything from Hibs now, so no dose of reality is needed thanks. Big improvement from Calderwood IMO. im not sure how you define 'rank beyond belief' but its clearly differently from me.

JimBHibees
10-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Shambles was indeed the wrong choice of word. We were awful though. I don't give a toss if it's an improvement on what has gone before, we are crap, end of story.

Hope Fenlon can turn things around, good luck to him

Are you eyes painted on? That was an improvement in respect that the players looked like they had at least a clue of their position. 2 individual mistakes apart and an awful miss by Griffiths we were probably winning that. Fenlon isnt stupid and knows we need to be better defensively and that to me was apparent as they threatened little.

The first 15 of the second half we were the best team clearly and were knocking the ball about well IMO. I am amazed that you thought we were awful as personally didnt see that at all. Promising given only the managers 2nd game.

JimBHibees
10-12-2011, 07:42 PM
Sorry mate, but its stuff like this that really gets under my skin - A real Peter Griffin "grinds my gears" post.

You weren't there, so I can oinly assume the TV pictures were hugely unflattering - Hibs were much better to watch today - up until the goal we dominated the 2nd half, the effort on the pitch was absolutely clear for anyone to see - there was fight in the team and to say otherwise is just plainly wrong. There were much, much fewer individual errors, and was evident to me that the players are under instruction to keep hold of the ball and cut down long punts. The formation was much stronger, the centre halfs were excellent, Stevenson was superb, Wotherspoon had his best game in months and months. Miles from where I'd like us to be, but clearly, from todays game a better prospect awaits compared to what we've had. As for "boring" and "Rangers were the worst ever yada yada yada" did you ever consider that it was Hibs restricitng Rangers creating that caused you to think this? No? Easier by far just to have a pop at Hibs, the team you apparently support.

Finally, if you don't care, then frankly your post is just an example of you being a wind-up merchant who likes to bump their gums spouting keech.

Totally agree.

IWasThere2016
10-12-2011, 07:55 PM
I've watched the game and it was IMHO an improvement on the Killie game at ER. There were leavers after the Killie goal them at 35 mins!

I'll be in Sheepland - even though its on the box - and I expect a further improvement.

The difference between the two sides today was Michael Hart! A free in 3 weeks hopefully!

Nakedmanoncrack
10-12-2011, 08:14 PM
I left early, and as a ST holder for many years I coudnt give a flying toss what anybody on here think!

Scouse Hibee
10-12-2011, 08:33 PM
I left early, and as a ST holder for many years I coudnt give a flying toss what anybody on here think!

Good! I think yer a ****** and a **** for leaving early you ****** :wink::greengrin

SRHibs
10-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Left early because I was bored.

SRHibs
10-12-2011, 08:40 PM

We were certainly not easy on the eye today. The only reason for the game being at all appealing before Rangers scored, is the fact that we were in with a chance of winning. On the whole though, we didn't look threatening, and neither did Rangers. Was an absolutely terrible game of football. That's not to say it wasn't an improved performance, especially considering the opponent, but it really was gash viewing IMO. Even the atmosphere was crap.

Nakedmanoncrack
10-12-2011, 09:05 PM
We were certainly not easy on the eye today. The only reason for the game being at all appealing before Rangers scored, is the fact that we were in with a chance of winning. On the whole though, we didn't look threatening, and neither did Rangers. Was an absolutely terrible game of football. That's not to say it wasn't an improved performance, especially considering the opponent, but it really was gash viewing IMO. Even the atmosphere was crap.

:agree:

Twa Cairpets
10-12-2011, 09:42 PM

Its not possible or reasonable to expect the turgoid dross that has been the fare served up under Hughes and Calderwood to be magically wiped away in a week. I'm not suggesting that this is your expectation by the way, but the response by BoltonHibee to the game was pointless and for the most part just wrong. Knee jerk rent-a-gob reaction based on TV viewing.

The atmosphere wasnt great, the football wasnt Barcelon-esque for sure, but it was better and it did, for me at least, show that there is some hope of actually going back and enjoying things again.

For me, the biggest thing was thaat players seemed to have a bit more appetite, and were also clearly encouraged to actually try to do something with the ball rather than just hoof it up or out. Laterally with CC the players looked utterly terrified to attempt naything for fear of the wrath of the fans decending upon them. Trying to build is the sensible thing when youre playing a team like the Huns - almost every time it was launched, GOC (who I thought was our poorest player today, as I dont really count Hart as a player as such) was beaten by Bocanegra and posession immediately returned to the Huns. The first 15 mins of the 2nd half Hibs built through the midfield with the ball on the deck, and it was very, very good in spells. Yes, we need to work on end result, and I'd love to have better players but it just hacks me off when people slate the perfomance without apprently thinking about it.

SRHibs
10-12-2011, 09:50 PM
Its not possible or reasonable to expect the turgoid dross that has been the fare served up under Hughes and Calderwood to be magically wiped away in a week. I'm not suggesting that this is your expectation by the way, but the response by BoltonHibee to the game was pointless and for the most part just wrong. Knee jerk rent-a-gob reaction based on TV viewing.

The atmosphere wasnt great, the football wasnt Barcelon-esque for sure, but it was better and it did, for me at least, show that there is some hope of actually going back and enjoying things again.

For me, the biggest thing was thaat players seemed to have a bit more appetite, and were also clearly encouraged to actually try to do something with the ball rather than just hoof it up or out. Laterally with CC the players looked utterly terrified to attempt naything for fear of the wrath of the fans decending upon them. Trying to build is the sensible thing when youre playing a team like the Huns - almost every time it was launched, GOC (who I thought was our poorest player today, as I dont really count Hart as a player as such) was beaten by Bocanegra and posession immediately returned to the Huns. The first 15 mins of the 2nd half Hibs built through the midfield with the ball on the deck, and it was very, very good in spells. Yes, we need to work on end result, and I'd love to have better players but it just hacks me off when people slate the perfomance without apprently thinking about it.

I think to say that we were building through the midfield is a bit of an overstatement. More like laying a brick, removing a brick, laying a brick, removing a brick, laying a....you get the picture. You never felt like it was going anywhere and the amount of 'Barry Ferguson-esque' passing became frustrating for me. But as you rightly say, it was nice to see a more confident looking bunch, with the players having some possession and not treating the ball like a hot potato - well, with the exception of Griffiths. Our only real chance came as the result of a defensive error by a Rangers player though. Was an awful, awful effort by the aforementioned Griffiths.

Here's to our continued improvement anyway. :aok:

Northernhibee
10-12-2011, 10:24 PM
Y'know, definate improvement today - not pretty on the eyes, but that will take time.

Rangers struggled to create chances against us, we had some good spells and there's a definate fight in the team.

It might be some time before Fenlon has us playing like Barca, but when there's the green shoots of recovery then the team deserve the applause as encouragement to keep giving 100%, that's what supporting your team is about.

Iggy Pope
10-12-2011, 10:26 PM

I was quite encouraged by the Hibs' performance today, more so than at any stage this season. The Huns were crap but have been a lot of times before now and will be again. Your posts have made me think again and now I'm on a downer.

However.

They've also reminded me what a miserable *****hole of a place Bolton is, so, er...., good luck to you. To coin a phrase.

Sammy7nil
10-12-2011, 10:57 PM
With Players out injured there is NO DOUBT this is the POOREST Rangers regining champs team in Living memory.

Hibs did no better than okay against a very poor team.

I think if you had locked the gates some fans would have fought their way out so poor was the product on display today.

Twa Cairpets
10-12-2011, 11:01 PM
With Players out injured there is NO DOUBT this is the POOREST Rangers regining champs team in Living memory.

Hibs did no better than okay against a very poor team.

I think if you had locked the gates some fans would have fought their way out so poor was the product on display today.

I reckon you could look at any year out the last ten and have a claim of "worst of team ever"

You can choose to look only at the negatives if you want, me, I don't see the point of that attitude.

Sammy7nil
10-12-2011, 11:03 PM
I reckon you could look at any year out the last ten and have a claim of "worst of team ever"

You can choose to look only at the negatives if you want, me, I don't see the point of that attitude.

No negatives Hibs did okay against a very very average Rangers team, we lost 0 - 2 that is disappointing.
That is all fact imho.

BoltonHibee
10-12-2011, 11:17 PM

The TV pictures were unflattering? Hibs and the game itself were unflattering, don't blame the TV.
Individual errors were rife, passing was piss poor and schoolboy like for much of the match. As for keeping hold of the ball, don't make me laugh. Away and look at the game again, and see if you come out with the same clap trap. The Centre halfs were good, I never said they weren't. I don't think Hibs restricted Rangers too much, I do however think that Rangers did little with the possession the had, more to do with them being toothless and poor.

I'll have a pop at hibs, or whoever I think deserves a pop.

Go watch the game again, and then let's see who is bumping their gums.

AFKA5814_Hibs
10-12-2011, 11:27 PM
I would like to know if the players notice if fans leave early and whether that has a negative affect on the team, do the players mention it after games? We're certainly not the only one's who do it. Fans of both OF teams leave their own grounds in their droves with 5-10 mins remaining when they're actually winning the game.

I don't think today was actually that bad. Rangers scored with their only two shots on target, Hibs had double the amount of shots on target and double the amount of shots off target. It's not the greatest Rangers team but they're still top of the league and have won the league the past three seasons.

There's a fine line sometimes between winning and losing a game. Had Griffiths took his chance just before half time, had Hibs got a penalty minutes before the Huns did then things could have been different.

There were signs of improvement today from the team IMO.

Twa Cairpets
10-12-2011, 11:53 PM
The TV pictures were unflattering? Hibs and the game itself were unflattering, don't blame the TV.
Individual errors were rife, passing was piss poor and schoolboy like for much of the match. As for keeping hold of the ball, don't make me laugh. Away and look at the game again, and see if you come out with the same clap trap. The Centre halfs were good, I never said they weren't. I don't think Hibs restricted Rangers too much, I do however think that Rangers did little with the possession the had, more to do with them being toothless and poor.

I'll have a pop at hibs, or whoever I think deserves a pop.

Go watch the game again, and then let's see who is bumping their gums.

Nah, you're just wrong and seem to revel in being a curious mix of angry enough to post and claiming apathy.
You have a pop if you want, and Ill be sure to point out you're talking oot yer erky.

BoltonHibee
10-12-2011, 11:54 PM
Nah, you're just wrong and seem to revel in being a curious mix of angry enough to post and claiming apathy.
You have a pop if you want, and Ill be sure to point out you're talking oot yer erky.

You point it out, I'll be sure to take note of what you say as your the expert in that area without doubt

Twa Cairpets
10-12-2011, 11:58 PM
You point it out, I'll be sure to take note of what you say as your the expert in that area without doubt

Excellent we agree on something

Steve-O
11-12-2011, 12:18 AM

They've proven over the last 3 years that they are utterly incapable of making a comeback from 2 down, so what is the point in staying?

Not since Mowbray was around do you ever think Hibs will come back from 2 down.

Iggy Pope
11-12-2011, 09:21 AM
They've proven over the last 3 years that they are utterly incapable of making a comeback from 2 down, so what is the point in staying?

Not since Mowbray was around do you ever think Hibs will come back from 2 down.

Not sure if this is a wooosh moment but........Dundee United at ER this very season?

Steve-O
11-12-2011, 09:39 AM
Not sure if this is a wooosh moment but........Dundee United at ER this very season?

Pfffft...GTF with your facts! :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
11-12-2011, 11:19 AM
This may be a poor Rangers team but they did keep the ball well and their movement was pretty good, much better than ours, and with a player like Jelavic they are always going to score goals, which they did. Griffiths had our chance and he blew it, Jelavic, a much better player, got his and took it, simples.

As much as we hate them they have better players than us and that is why they won, we will get them soon though, pr*cks :greengrin

PISTOL1875
11-12-2011, 12:08 PM

Oh do you think so ? Well , don't you think its crap for us fans who shell out there hard earned cash to watch a bunch of wage thief's not giving a flying one week after week ???

marinello59
11-12-2011, 01:02 PM
Oh do you think so ? Well , don't you think its crap for us fans who shell out there hard earned cash to watch a bunch of wage thief's not giving a flying one week after week ???

Who were the wage thiefs not giving a flying one yesterday? I saw a Hibs team match a Rangers team for long spells of the game despite them having better players in almost every position. That suggests we didn't lose due to lack of commitment.

FWIW I wouldn't judge anybody who wants to leave a game early for whatever reason. Listening to those odious ****s celebrating yesterday was giving me the boak. I did stay to the end but only 'cos i am a tight git who having paid for 90 minutes, wanted to see ninety minutes. :greengrin

Gatecrasher
11-12-2011, 01:14 PM
I stayed to the end because i thought the players deserved my support, if i didnt think that i wouldnt have stayed.

Hibbyradge
11-12-2011, 01:17 PM
Is leaving early worse than not going at all?

I like to know where I stand in the best/worst supporter rankings.

blackpoolhibs
11-12-2011, 01:20 PM
Is leaving early worse than not going at all?

I like to know where I stand in the best/worst supporter rankings.

Just in front of me, i left my mates house 2 minutes after they scored the 2nd goal. I was in the co-op buying milk during the last 20 minutes.

PISTOL1875
11-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Who were the wage thiefs not giving a flying one yesterday? I saw a Hibs team match a Rangers team for long spells of the game despite them having better players in almost every position. That suggests we didn't lose due to lack of commitment.

FWIW I wouldn't judge anybody who wants to leave a game early for whatever reason. Listening to those odious ****s celebrating yesterday was giving me the boak. I did stay to the end but only 'cos i am a tight git who having paid for 90 minutes, wanted to see ninety minutes. :greengrin

The goalie who never bothered to get his arse off his line for the second goal yesterday... Leigh Griffiths would've been better sitting next to me in the stand as well...

BoltonHibee
11-12-2011, 02:16 PM
Just in front of me, i left my mates house 2 minutes after they scored the 2nd goal. I was in the co-op buying milk during the last 20 minutes.

Can't stand part time part timers! :)

NAE NOOKIE
11-12-2011, 02:45 PM

Dont think anybody is saying that in the long term that kind of performance is acceptable, but compared to the efforts since the start of this season and end of last season it was an improvement and that is a good thing IMO it was acceptable for that reason rather than the actual football on display.

If you are going to class it as awful in the context of a Hibs performance, then you havnt watched Hibs a lot in the last 2 years.

If you are classing it as awful in the context of football as played by the great and the good of the beautiful game then yeh it probably was rank.

What Hibs need to do is definately get better than we are just now, but if you think you are going to see football at ER to match the Mowbray team or the Sauzee era any time soon you are in for a bit of a wait BH.

Franck Stanton
11-12-2011, 02:49 PM

Really heartening parts of this post/reply, [ to me anyway] are :- There was fight in the team.....much fewer indivdual errors.......formation much stronger.........centre halves were excellent......all very good indications that Fenlon is making inroads into the basic problems the team/Club have had for some time now. Given a bit of time I genuinly believe our current manager will make us a force to be reckoned with, after all folks, Rome wasn't built in a day. Fenlons current remit is to get the players at his disposal playing better, add a few quality players, [ we all know the urgent areas to be strengthened, as no doubt he does as well], and as for this season, well, survival will be a degree of success and we can then kick on next year.
Lastly, totally agree with final two lines of the post.

Beefster
11-12-2011, 02:50 PM
I left at 87 minutes yesterday because I was cold, bored out of my tits and the thought of a nice cup of coffee and grope of Mrs Beefster seemed more appealling. Massive apologies to the supporter police - I'll remember to ask permission next time.

Jones28
11-12-2011, 03:00 PM

There's no pleasing some folk :rolleyes:

BoltonHibee
11-12-2011, 03:02 PM
There's no pleasing some folk :rolleyes:

Or perhaps some people are easily pleased

matty_f
11-12-2011, 03:39 PM
The goalie who never bothered to get his arse off his line for the second goal yesterday... Leigh Griffiths would've been better sitting next to me in the stand as well...

Keeper wasn't at fault IMHO, and opinion seems to be fairly split on the issue, so I'd say it's contentious enough to make calling him a wage thief well out of order. You'd have a better argument calling him a wage thief due to the fact that he picked up his money for having to do almost nothing yesterday, but even then that wasn't his fault!

Griffiths had a bad game, but a wage thief? Come on! He put in a shift and tried for as long as he was on the pitch.

soupy
11-12-2011, 03:48 PM
I left at 87 minutes yesterday because I was cold, bored out of my tits and the thought of a nice cup of coffee and grope of Mrs Beefster seemed more appealling. Massive apologies to the supporter police - I'll remember to ask permission next time. That was exactly why I left on 60 mins :-)

soupy
11-12-2011, 03:52 PM
Only kidding gang, I was there till 80, when I left to go to work.
Hope I'm excused :-)

Beefster
11-12-2011, 03:59 PM
That was exactly why I left on 60 mins :-)

For a grope of Mrs Beefster? How dare you....

soupy
11-12-2011, 04:04 PM
For a grope of Mrs Beefster? How dare you.... Your a lucky man :-)

silverhibee
11-12-2011, 04:57 PM

Atleast they make the effort to turn up to watch the game, paid there money to get in so if they want to leave early its there perogative to do so.

The players heads went down after the second goal and its not often that Hibs come back from being 0-2 down at ER, new manager or not the only way we will see fans like me and you :greengrin staying for 90+ mins no matter what is if we start winning games again.

The manager has a massive task ahead to get us back to winning ways again, he needs time to get it right, but if we get relagated at the end of the season though we will be looking for another manager in the summer.

Twa Cairpets
11-12-2011, 07:09 PM
Atleast they make the effort to turn up to watch the game, paid there money to get in so if they want to leave early its there perogative to do so.

The players heads went down after the second goal and its not often that Hibs come back from being 0-2 down at ER, new manager or not the only way we will see fans like me and you :greengrin staying for 90+ mins no matter what is if we start winning games again.

The manager has a massive task ahead to get us back to winning ways again, he needs time to get it right, but if we get relagated at the end of the season though we will be looking for another manager in the summer.

I have no problem with people leaving - like you say you pay your money and its up to you how long you stay.

But - and ignoring for the moment those who leave due to work, transport, cold kids etc. - I just don't see why you would make the effort to go the game, spending money on transport, a pint maybe and a pie, and then leave with 1/3 of the thing youve paid to see still on the go. On the assumption that no-one is a Hibby for the constant stream of silverware, it seems a genuinely masochistic pleasure to fork out your dosh with the expectation that you're deliberately, (and with no obvious benefit accrued for leaving other than the cessation of watching the game) going to jack it the minute it looks like we're not going to win - and lets face it thats quite a lot of the time.

It doesnt affect me personally, so I'm not going to moralise from my own viewpont, I just regard it as a bit odd. I think it must affect the team though.

nortonhibby
11-12-2011, 08:14 PM
We are joint bottom of the league, and have only one 1 game at since Febuary the fare on show is dire can you blame us for not showing up to watch an inevitable defeat ?

matty_f
11-12-2011, 08:20 PM
We are joint bottom of the league, and have only one 1 game at since Febuary the fare on show is dire can you blame us for not showing up to watch an inevitable defeat ?

:taxi RP etc.

Twa Cairpets
11-12-2011, 09:29 PM

Do you ever actually read before you post? Ever?

It's a thread about people leaving early, something I've said I have no problem with but find baffling.

I've said nowt about people not going. However, I do find it equally baffling that people claiming to not care enough to go to games anymore come on .net and seem to take something of a perverse pleasure telling everyone how crap Hibs are, how it's p!sh, how the board are this, how the players are that etc etc. If you decide not to go to games anymore (when you are in a position to do so, not because you're skint, working whatever), then you lose, for me, something of your right to come on and tell the rest of us that, in essence, we're stupid for doing so. Earlier in this thread Bolton(ex)Hibee came on and fired off an angry missive about we're so bad that he doesnt care, which is just bizarre.

You now come on and just post a pointless little dig at the team - it might be right, but it serves nothing of any purpose. if you think its that bad, then gonnae just shut up about it. I dont care if you dont go, thats your perogative, but as you are (allegedly, although I have my doubts) a Hibs fan, what is it you get out of posting nothing but negative or puerile stuff? I just dont get it.