PDA

View Full Version : Fletcher

hibeemikey21
10-12-2011, 04:14 PM
Just scored against Utd and it says on the BBC website thats his 11th goal in his last 16 games for Wolves!!

Absolutely ludicrous he isn't involved for the national team. Had he not played for Scotland, I bet there would be talk of his involvement in the England squad. Bet he is kicking himself that he actually played for Scotland at one point!

SteveHFC
10-12-2011, 04:16 PM
He should be in the Scotland Squad. But Harry Potter thinks Mackail-Smith is better than him.

hibeemikey21
10-12-2011, 04:17 PM
Fletch is English-born too

007 Mickey Weir
10-12-2011, 04:19 PM
Fletcher walked away from Scotland. Not the other way round. Harry Potter has stated he would welcome him back.

Heckys Wheel
10-12-2011, 04:23 PM
I couldn't care less if he plays for Scotland or not but definitely feel proud that he's a product of Hibs yoof.

If he keeps banging them in in the premiership, he'll give Scott Brown a run for his money as the best player we've produced in the last 30 years.

Nailrod
10-12-2011, 04:26 PM
Fletcher walked away from Scotland. Not the other way round. Harry Potter has stated he would welcome him back.

He didn't walk away from Scotland. He asked not to be considered for one meaningless game. If Potter is that keen to have him back he can give him a call, as he did with Boyd, McCulloch, Macgregor and Ferguson or whoever (to be honest I can't rememeber the exact list of all the Rangers players he went grovelling to, and the exact circumstances).

The difference between Fletcher and Levein is that tuppeny-hapenny muppets like Levein are ten a penny. We could find another half dozen tomorrow.

Westie1875
10-12-2011, 04:32 PM
I couldn't care less if he plays for Scotland or not but definitely feel proud that he's a product of Hibs yoof.

If he keeps banging them in in the premiership, he'll give Scott Brown a run for his money as the best player we've produced in the last 30 years.

IMO Fletch is already the best we have produced.

Hibs Class
10-12-2011, 04:46 PM
IMO Fletch is already the best we have produced. Without a doubt. If Brown had the balls to move to the epl and performed once there then he may show he is as good as fletch. As long as he stays in glasgow he is limiting his opportunity to show how good he is.

blackpoolhibs
10-12-2011, 04:47 PM
Without a doubt. If Brown had the balls to move to the epl and performed once there then he may show he is as good as fletch. As long as he stays in glasgow he is limiting his opportunity to show how good he is.

:agree:

BoltonHibee
10-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Without a doubt. If Brown had the balls to move to the epl and performed once there then he may show he is as good as fletch. As long as he stays in glasgow he is limiting his opportunity to show how good he is.

100% correct

MWHIBBIES
10-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Wonder who will go for him if Wolves go down, would be good for Everton IMO.

SteveHFC
10-12-2011, 05:03 PM
Wonder who will go for him if Wolves go down, would be good for Everton IMO.

Liverpool:devil:

007 Mickey Weir
10-12-2011, 05:13 PM
I listened to an interview with Houston who explained that Fletcher took offense at not being picked for the Czech game. Contacted Levein via his agent to say ge no longer wanted to play fir Scotland. Boyd and McCulloch both refused to play for previous manager but then declared interest again when HP took over. MacGregor and Ferguson were both banned by Scotland but the length of ban was then changed after they apologised for being dicks.

Can't really blame HP in any of this. Fletcher has shown NO interest in coming back so why should we pick him?

IMHO

frazeHFC
10-12-2011, 05:17 PM
I reckon Newcastle and Liverpool will go for him.

Amazing run of form atm, delighted for him. :thumbsup:

...WentToMowAnSPL
10-12-2011, 05:22 PM
I listened to an interview with Houston who explained that Fletcher took offense at not being picked for the Czech game. Contacted Levein via his agent to say ge no longer wanted to play fir Scotland. Boyd and McCulloch both refused to play for previous manager but then declared interest again when HP took over. MacGregor and Ferguson were both banned by Scotland but the length of ban was then changed after they apologised for being dicks.

Can't really blame HP in any of this. Fletcher has shown NO interest in coming back so why should we pick him?

IMHO

I think he was offended at not being picked and then Scotland not playing any strikers up front.. It was like HP was saying we don't have any capable strikers worthy of wearing the jersey -even more insulting than being put down the pecking order.. I've not forgiven HP for this tactical ineptness and lack of balls :-(

Future17
10-12-2011, 05:37 PM
Does anyone know the record for most goals in a Premiership season by a Scottish player?

Pretty Boy
10-12-2011, 05:37 PM
Can all the posters who used to argue with me about Fletcher and claim Benji was a better player please raise your hands?

The best player Hibs have produced in my 20 odd years of watching.

ancienthibby
10-12-2011, 05:44 PM

IMHO

The job of a manager is to manage!

Not just non-manage.

Not just manage the good.

Not just manage the bad.

Not just manage the recalcitrant.

But to manage.

All his staff.

HP is woefully deficient!

Matty_Jack04
10-12-2011, 06:12 PM
Said on soccer Saturday he's only started 23 games due to injuries and he's scored 16 goals the guys on fire

Kammy1875
10-12-2011, 06:18 PM
Fletch was always the best of the bunch in the eyes of John Park, even when Scotty, Thommo and Riordan was around.

It's showing now, the boy will make it to the very top. He hasn't progressed, in my opinion as much as he should have in the last couple of years but now he's back and he will move to bigger and better things than Christophe Berra and his twaty mates :aok:

Mikeystewart
10-12-2011, 07:01 PM
Does anyone know the record for most goals in a Premiership season by a Scottish player?

Id imagine Kenny Dalgleish will have decent records..

erin go bragh
10-12-2011, 07:09 PM

IMHO
What the hell are you on ? It was hp that caused this by keeping fletch in the stand in the infamous 4 6 0 game , hp should be man enough to admit his mistake and pick fletch for our next game, then we get our best striker back .

ggtth

erin go bragh
10-12-2011, 07:14 PM
Dennis law or Andy Gray i would guess .

ggtth

hibsbollah
10-12-2011, 07:26 PM
Can all the posters who used to argue with me about Fletcher and claim Benji was a better player please raise your hands?The best player Hibs have produced in my 20 odd years of watching. I asked the same question recently...Theyve all disappeared, or maybe stopped posting. I liked Benji too though :greengrin:

Sir David Gray
10-12-2011, 07:32 PM

The Premiership only began in 1992, Dalglish retired in 1990.

WindyMiller
10-12-2011, 07:32 PM
Dennis law or Andy Gray i would guess .

ggtth

None of those the played in the "Premiership".

Law was an out and out Striker and probably scored more in a season than Dalglish would have achieved but I'm sure Kenny would have still broke 20.

Andy Gray was and is an arse, IMO.

Paisley Hibby
10-12-2011, 07:39 PM

I think he already is the best of the golden generation - the only one who has gone on to cut it in the English Premiership. Broonie might have been great but he chose Celtc instead.

johnbc70
10-12-2011, 07:48 PM

Good quiz question - which scot has scored the most goals in the Premiership, so since 1992 not before?

Have to admit Fletcher has proved me wrong, never thought he would make it in the EPL but think he can quite rightly claim he has.

johnbc70
10-12-2011, 07:52 PM

The highest scoring scot in the EPL is one Duncan Ferguson with 70 goals. Not sure how many he got in one season though.

Scouse Hibee
10-12-2011, 07:52 PM
Duncan Ferguson?

So I was right! Beat my post by a millisecond.

Sir David Gray
10-12-2011, 08:05 PM
Kevin Gallacher scored 16 goals in the 1997-98 Premiership season so Fletcher needs to get another 11 goals between now and May to break that particular record.

Kammy1875
10-12-2011, 08:10 PM
I asked the same question recently...Theyve all disappeared, or maybe stopped posting. I liked Benji too though :greengrin:

Benji, when he wanted to be was class.

Steven Fletcher, every match is different class.

He's the one player, except Kevin Thomson I would love to see back in a Hibs top, I don't think it will ever happen though :(

Heckys Wheel
10-12-2011, 08:56 PM
Like most things in football, it's a subjective matter due to them playing in different leagues and in different positions.

I'd take Scott Brown in my team every time because of what he offers but Dletcher is certainly on a hot run if form.

The international matter seems to be very immature with both refusing to be the bigger man and approach the other. In situations like this, especially when it's for the good if the national team, I think the older, maturer, senior manager should man up but going on his interviews when he was at hearts and we beat him, I wouldn't hold my breath. He's a bitter, stubborn, Hogwart-like man.

Nailrod
11-12-2011, 01:03 AM
What the hell are you on ? It was hp that caused this by keeping fletch in the stand in the infamous 4 6 0 game , hp should be man enough to admit his mistake and pick fletch for our next game, then we get our best striker back .

Spot on. Levein was the root cause of the problem with his inept, cowardly, and - even with foresight - stupid tactics against the Czechs.

If he was any kind of a man he would have fronted up and apologised to the fans, the media, and above all to his players, and made sure he shouldered the burden of any fallout and that the matter was completely closed.

But he's not. He's a pathetic jumped up tuppeny-hapenny muppet. The saddest thing to afflict Scotland in recent years is the 1-0 victories he scraped against Liechtenstein - ultimately irrelevant to our campaign, but they kept him in a job.

AlbertK86
11-12-2011, 02:11 AM
Spot on. Levein was the root cause of the problem with his ineptotic jumped up tuppeny-hapenny muppet. The saddest thing to afflict Scotland in recent years is the 1-0 victories he scraped against Liechtenstein - ultimately irrelevant to our campaign, but they kept him in a job. Could not have put it better masel. Levein cost us a place in the play offs. Should be out a job by now

AFKA5814_Hibs
11-12-2011, 02:15 AM
Fletcher had a lot to learn when he left Hibs, when he was at Hibs he was very much one footed. He's learned an awful lot in the EPL. Well done Fletch. :agree:

CraigK
11-12-2011, 03:39 AM

IMHO

Wrong and then wrong again. Fletch asked to be excused from a friendly because Wolves were looking at relegation at that point. HP took offence at the method used (text). HP is 20 years older than Fletch and should be a bit more grown up about it and actually 'manage' his players rather than being a big baby about it. Let's not beat about the bush: if Fletch was playing for one of the old firm he'd have already been ASKED to come back into the squad.

allezsauzee
11-12-2011, 12:10 PM
I don't think that not playing for Scotland will be too damaging to Fletch's career so I'm sure he can live with it. Playing in EPL is much more high profile these days. It's a shame for Scotland that Levein can't be grown up about the whole episode. He's not too proud to pick English players so why can't he try to bury the hatchet with our best striker?..because he is a yam fud!