PDA

View Full Version : O'Connor

SneakersO'Toole
10-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Either was on the pints last night or he can't be bothered being here.

Either way he was atrocious. Glad he's only contracted till the end of the season.

Elephant Stone
10-12-2011, 02:15 PM

Either way he was atrocious. Glad he's only contracted till the end of the season.

The joint top scorer outwith the old firm playing in one of the worst teams in the league?

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-12-2011, 02:20 PM
What is annoying me about GOC just now is that with all the bad publicity that he gets, he could make an effort to get some positives by looking the real deal in football terms at least. On today's showing, he must spend his week days shovelling pies and and double fat milkshakes, and does his training on X-Box.

hibeedonald
10-12-2011, 02:43 PM

:rotflmao:If anyone has been on the pints...

SneakersO'Toole
10-12-2011, 02:54 PM
:rotflmao:If anyone has been on the pints...

Name a positive contribution from Garry today (or in the last few weeks)?

Don't even get me started on why he is captain.

MSK
10-12-2011, 02:59 PM

Don't even get me started on why he is captain.His excellent finish v Well in the abandoned match ..

erin go bragh
10-12-2011, 03:00 PM
Aye ,cause without his 10 [11] goals we would really be flying :cb

ggtth

SteveHFC
10-12-2011, 03:01 PM
O'Connor was poor today.

Dr Jimmy
10-12-2011, 05:40 PM
O'Connor is suffering from a lack of service and therefore spends half the game with his back to goal in midfield. He needs to be playing off the last man with the ball played into the channels. If he gets that he will score goals, if not he will play like he did today.
If we had someone like Zemmama playing and feeding balls between defenders O'Connor would get a bag full of goals end of.

lucky
10-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Its clear he cant play upfront by himself. His control was very poor today but he is the only player in our team that can score goals.

BoltonHibee
10-12-2011, 06:01 PM
Its clear he cant play upfront by himself. His control was very poor today but he is the only player in our team that can score goals.

If we are going to persist in one up front, and continue to hump the ball up the park to the one, we'd be as well starting Sodje in that role. O'Connor needs someone else with him

frazeHFC
10-12-2011, 06:20 PM
He has been awful lately, but i think he can turn it around.

hibee_girl
10-12-2011, 06:42 PM

Don't even get me started on why he is captain.

:agree: He is the last person at the club who should be captain!

Jonnyboy
10-12-2011, 06:47 PM
Couldnae trap a bag o' cement today but I'd rather have him than not

greenlex
10-12-2011, 08:22 PM
Couldnae trap a bag o' cement today but I'd rather have him than not

I would rather we had someone else to be honest John. Most games he plays he is a waste of a jersey.
I also reckon I am more mobile than him and my first touch better. I woud give the laddie Caldwell the nod first half next week. He looked lively enough for the little we saw him and his first touch can't be any worse. Either that or give Sodje a bash. One things for certain he needs a rest.
In short Garry needs to ge the finger out pronto.

SRHibs
10-12-2011, 08:23 PM
Maybe him and Griffiths were out on the lash together, as they were both equally awful.

Seveno
11-12-2011, 12:16 PM
O'Connor is suffering from a lack of service and therefore spends half the game with his back to goal in midfield. He needs to be playing off the last man with the ball played into the channels. If he gets that he will score goals, if not he will play like he did today.
If we had someone like Zemmama playing and feeding balls between defenders O'Connor would get a bag full of goals end of.

Why do people still hark after Zemmama ? He has spent most of his time at Middlesbrough either on the treatment table or fasting for Ramadan. Sound familiar ?

blackpoolhibs
11-12-2011, 12:22 PM
Why do people still hark after Zemmama ? He has spent most of his time at Middlesbrough either on the treatment table or fasting for Ramadan. Sound familiar ?

I wish Garry would become a muslim. :wink:

Malthibby
11-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Har har.
Just now w have no-one else & on his day he scores for fun. Just isn't having many of them just now.
GG

Dr Jimmy
11-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Why do people still hark after Zemmama ? He has spent most of his time at Middlesbrough either on the treatment table or fasting for Ramadan. Sound familiar ? Not sure I said that I "hark" after Zemmama, just noted the type if player that would be of use to O'Connor. Altho still think he would walk into the current side.

hibsbollah
11-12-2011, 05:23 PM
Not sure I said that I "hark" after Zemmama, just noted the type if player that would be of use to O'Connor. Altho still think he would walk into the current side. 'think?' it is an absolute, cast-iron, 100% racing certainty he would stroll into the current midfield. And he's doing well at Boro, my smoggy supporting pals inform me.

Dinkydoo
11-12-2011, 05:26 PM
The problem is, he can't be an effective forward when he's too busy trying to influence the game from midfield.

We need a creative spark in the middle of the park who can give our obviously talented, although under performing, strikers some much needed service.

cloudy
11-12-2011, 05:26 PM
Why do people still hark after Zemmama ? He has spent most of his time at Middlesbrough either on the treatment table or fasting for Ramadan. Sound familiar ? Not zemmama but i'd have Deano supporting Garry

hibsbollah
11-12-2011, 05:29 PM
Not zemmama but i'd have Deano supporting Garry Deano would be a great signing. Or steal Taoul from the yams.

mim
11-12-2011, 05:34 PM
O.K. :wink:

In a minority of one again, but I thought Garry played well in a role that has never suited him. :agree:

His control - most of the time - was fine, but he needed support close to him, rather than just in the wide areas.

HibbyKeith
11-12-2011, 05:49 PM
I honestly didn't think that any of the players other than Hart had a particularly bad game yesterday. Garry is not a lone striker, that much is obvious, and as previousy said take his 10 goals away and see where we would be.

Would love him to be here after this current season.

Kammy1875
11-12-2011, 05:51 PM
Manager after manager, support before, during and after him leaving and coming back......................

He's not a freaking target man.

He doesn't play best up top on his own.

We were looking to sell him under blobby because the genius put him up top on his own.

Get a grip, Garry has carried us this season :agree:

Seveno
11-12-2011, 06:39 PM
'think?' it is an absolute, cast-iron, 100% racing certainty he would stroll into the current midfield. And he's doing well at Boro, my smoggy supporting pals inform me.

He had a few good games but has hardly played due to injury. At least it's someone to keep Kevin Thomson company.

Seveno
11-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Deano would be a great signing. Or steal Taoul from the yams.

Deano would be a great signing. He would add some class to the side and score some classic goals.

Famous Fiver
11-12-2011, 06:58 PM
IMO

He's off to Parkhead in January.

Nod and wink were done a couple of months ago and he has hardly kicked a ball since.

Seveno
11-12-2011, 07:03 PM
IMO

Nod and wink were done a couple of months ago and he has hardly kicked a ball since.

No way is any club going to offer a contract with that Fraud charge hanging over his head.

Sammy7nil
11-12-2011, 07:17 PM
This will sound a bit daft BUT GOC offers NOTHING other than goals.

If he fails to score he is a waste of space. He does not hold the ball up, he is not mobile, appears unfit, does not bring other players in to the game, creates very little for team mates, can't take a corner, freekick and his general play is poor.

He can finish but we are poor and need 11 triers

silverhibee
11-12-2011, 10:38 PM
IMO

Are you sure you were not told Barlinne, its close to Parkhead. :cb :greengrin

leither17
11-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Are you sure you were not told Barlinne, its close to Parkhead. :cb :greengrin There is no way he will get a custodial for any of the charges he is up for would be a 1st offence as far as I know and the jails are bursting as it is

silverhibee
11-12-2011, 11:06 PM
There is no way he will get a custodial for any of the charges he is up for would be a 1st offence as far as I know and the jails are bursting as it is

Just remember he was banned from football after testing positive for a class A drug, namely cocaine, so he has previous, whether that is brought up in his drug case is another thing, commiting a £93,000 fraud could see him doing a bit porridge, hope not but there is a possibility he may end up in prison for his fraud and drug charges.

monktonharp
11-12-2011, 11:37 PM
O.K. :wink:

In a minority of one again, but I thought Garry played well in a role that has never suited him. :agree:

His control - most of the time - was fine, but he needed support close to him, rather than just in the wide areas.:agree:canny blame O'connor for yesterday. he put in a good shift, some of his control was poor but not as bad as Griffiths! lone striker is an unenviable role. he put himself about and did not hide, but got nothing out of it.

monktonharp
11-12-2011, 11:40 PM
Just remember he was banned from football after testing positive for a class A drug, namely cocaine, so he has previous, whether that is brought up in his drug case is another thing, commiting a £93,000 fraud could see him doing a bit porridge, hope not but there is a possibility he may end up in prison for his fraud and drug charges.not proven is still on the statute: In Scotland, and there is the thing about not guilty until proven:wink:

JustSimplyHibs
11-12-2011, 11:43 PM
:agree:canny blame O'connor for yesterday. he put in a good shift, some of his control was poor but not as bad as Griffiths! lone striker is an unenviable role. he put himself about and did not hide, but got nothing out of it.

Would agree with this, dropped in the midfield area in the 2nd half to allow Osbourne to push ahead of him, he was on the left and right wing, no man pushing forward into the middle to replace the area he voided for a potenial cross, players sat deep....lone man up front is a hard shift and if you do not have the midifeld pushing forward it is a pointless position to play in.

He done well all things considering :thumbsup:

basehibby
12-12-2011, 12:13 AM
This will sound a bit daft BUT GOC offers NOTHING other than goals.

If he fails to score he is a waste of space. He does not hold the ball up, he is not mobile, appears unfit, does not bring other players in to the game, creates very little for team mates, can't take a corner, freekick and his general play is poor.

He can finish but we are poor and need 11 triers

Don't agree - at the beginning of the season I saw a markedly more complete player than the one which left Hibs 4 or 5 years ago. He was carrying the whole team but unfortunately for whatever reason he's gone off the boil somewhat. Hope he can get his focus back soon as he has a hell of a lot to offer the team - including goals!

Green and white
12-12-2011, 04:43 AM

That's not actually true. I'm sure he's stated before he prefers ball to feet rather than in front of him. Still though any striker would be frustrated playing with hibs atm. Until our midfield start to take control of games it's going to be all half chances and scraps I'm afraid.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-12-2011, 06:38 AM
If he is off to Parkhead, in the condition that he is just now, it will be to sit on the bench, but on better money.

spike220
12-12-2011, 06:49 AM
GOC is going nowhere at the moment. I wont hear a word against him, the guy is real asset to Hibs and would walk into any SPL team.
:agree:

happiehibbie
12-12-2011, 07:24 AM
I agree O Connor has not been on fire latley but he will score goals being up front on your own is a thamkless task.

But i ask you Lee G all about he really needs to have a word with himself

Matty_Jack04
12-12-2011, 09:33 AM

This was overwhelmingly clear when bobby Williamson was in charge. He can't do it by himself its incredible he's hit double figures IMO it's not that the service is bad it's non existant

Craig_in_Prague
12-12-2011, 09:47 AM
We have plenty issues in the team, but GOC IMO is the last of our concerns..... Typical Hibs fans though, Riordan used to get it tight, now it's GOC.

Let's just all forget quite possibly the worse defence we've EVER had.

Having watched the Rangers game I am not sure where all the harsh comments are coming from, he worked hard and usually when he get's on the ball he'll find a green jersey, the general service to him wasn't up too much, I for one am delighted GOC is playing for Hibs at the moment and as usual, we don't seem to appreciate the quality we do have whilst in front of us.