PDA

View Full Version : Over to you Pat..

Captain Trips
10-12-2011, 02:28 PM
...................well you have seen this uninspiring pile of drivel we have the good fortune to be plying their trade for Hibs, folk who have reached their not very high peak of ability, folk who dont have any in first place.

If the right people had made the right choices we should have been taking this Rangers team on as it is gash also, but alas we have filled squad full of short termers and wastes of space who have had more chances than I care to count.

None existent creativity and guile is what we have, basic issues with defending added makes it all the worse. Pat has to find the players with creativity and not for 6 month spells but to be here for longer, the defenders are just inept some look like they need replaced, as for the forwards well seeing as just about all of them will not have a contract by end of season it is key he finds and creates a partnership up there.

Major change is required and I am keen to see if Pat can do it however as p1sh as the lot are I still want to see an improvement in results.

Good luck Pat you are going to need it.

PeterboroHibee
10-12-2011, 02:30 PM
TBH, it wasnt a bad performance, we were far from spectacular but we looked to pass the ball, the midfield got stuck in, players tracked their runners. We had chances as well, if Griffiths had stuck that away then who knows.

2 awful errors by one player has cost us the game, other than that there wasnt too much between the teams (and thats against the team figthing for the league).

Captain Trips
10-12-2011, 02:32 PM
TBH, it wasnt a bad performance, we were far from spectacular but we looked to pass the ball, the midfield got stuck in, players tracked their runners. We had chances as well, if Griffiths had stuck that away then who knows.

2 awful errors by one player has cost us the game, other than that there wasnt too much between the teams (and thats against the team figthing for the league).

Disagree created 1 or 2 real chances, lacking in key areas and bottom line is we lost yet again.

Kammy1875
10-12-2011, 02:33 PM
We will be hard to beat.

That's good enough for me until the summer.

Fenlon's plan would have worked if it wasn't for the carthorse. :rolleyes:

BoltonHibee
10-12-2011, 02:34 PM

Your right two errors by one player has cost us dear.

But I fail to see how anyone could rate that garbage on show as not a bad performance

Pedantic_Hibee
Didn't think we were too bad to be honest.

Plenty of fight and application, a bit more quality and we'll be a lot better.

I've seen (and read) enough in the past two/three weeks with Fenlon to form the opinion that if he has a good eye for a player then we won't be far off where we think we should be.

FromTheCapital
FENLON MUST GO :greengrin

PeterboroHibee
10-12-2011, 02:41 PM

But I fail to see how anyone could rate that garbage on show as not a bad performance

Sorry but what are you expecting after 1 game? This teams has been an absolute shambles for at least a couple of years now, not playing as a team and conceding comical goals nearly every week. This is the first time in a long time that Ive seen actual improvements, where they looked like a team rather than a group of players, and had it not been for Harts errors, we could have got at least a point.

snooky
10-12-2011, 02:57 PM
Sorry but what are you expecting after 1 game? This teams has been an absolute shambles for at least a couple of years now, not playing as a team and conceding comical goals nearly every week. This is the first time in a long time that Ive seen actual improvements, where they looked like a team rather than a group of players, and had it not been for Harts errors, we could have got at least a point.

:agree:

James70
10-12-2011, 03:01 PM
Apart from their two goals (one a penalty) they never troubled our keeper and we had as many scoring chances as them.

As the manager says, if we can put in a performance like that against the other relegation candidates then we shouldn't have too much to worry about.

Positives from today, there were from some good individual performances and the manager now knows we need a new right back plus a keeper who is prepared to come off his line when required.

skipster7
10-12-2011, 03:17 PM

:agree: that was the same game i was at,hardly a chance apart from sparkys sitter,offered rangers nothing and at least matched them only to blow it with a mad bit of play:grr:on the plus side i thought wee Lewis and Osbourne were very good for most of the game.

Littlest Hobo
10-12-2011, 03:29 PM
We are probably going to be bottom of the league tonight, why?

Because we have a very very weak squad with little in the way of quality.

Even our young so called talented players are poor in my opinion.

No wonder the stands are empty, goes to show that most Hibs fans know when their getting the wool pulled over their eyes and the guys who'll no doubt slate me for this opinion will only help drive our club further into the abyss.

Captain Trips
18-12-2011, 06:50 PM
As stated a few alright things v Rangers isnt going to cut it at any level really we again have seen how bad things are v Aberdeen, again Pat needs a xhance but no matter how bad this team is I want to see a difference. If RP had been anywhere near his metal he should have took that CC money and got in a manger for seasons start, now we have probably our 2nd wasted season in a row on cards as we need to build yet again, when are others apart from the managers and players going to fall on their swords?

Good luck Pat

nortonhibby
18-12-2011, 07:16 PM
As stated a few alright things v Rangers isnt going to cut it at any level really we again have seen how bad things are v Aberdeen, again Pat needs a xhance but no matter how bad this team is I want to see a difference. If RP had been anywhere near his metal he should have took that CC money and got in a manger for seasons start, now we have probably our 2nd wasted season in a row on cards as we need to build yet again, when are others apart from the managers and players going to fall on their swords?

Good luck Pat

I Take you mean Don RP The teflon man he wont pull the stunt a 3rd time before the next agm and get away with it.

Good luck Pat hope you bring the luck of the Irish with you.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-12-2011, 08:02 PM
We have got some decent players that have been exceptionally badly led and poorly motivated. That will change.

Big90inOz
19-12-2011, 03:06 AM
We have got some decent players that have been exceptionally badly led and poorly motivated. That will change.

I can remember thinking this the last time we were relagated .

We need a minimum of 4 good quality players with a good attitiude to get out of this hole.:agree:

Septimus
19-12-2011, 07:16 AM
There must be a reason that we recruit young players and try to develop their potential but it clearly is not that they may, one day, play for our first team. Where was Caldwell on Saturday, where is Welsh ?
Perhaps we are waiting for the next tranche of deadbeats to be persuaded to play for Hibs over the January window.

Miracles will not happen and the virtually unemployed from over the city should deal with us with ease.

Andy74
19-12-2011, 09:11 AM

I presume you didn't want Fenlon as you've gone a bit ultra negative the last few weeks. Now isn't really the time for it. New guy just in and he and the team need all our support.

BoltonHibee
19-12-2011, 09:16 AM
I presume you didn't want Fenlon as you've gone a bit ultra negative the last few weeks. Now isn't really the time for it. New guy just in and he and the team need all our support.

My comments are not against the manager. I wasn't bothered one way or the other about Pat Fenlon, hopefully he can turn Hibs around.

" The team need all our support" **** doesn't work for me anymore. This team need to start performing, they won't because the players are not up to it. Hopefully PF can work some miracles in the January transfer window, good luck to him.

ronaldo7
19-12-2011, 09:36 AM
My comments are not against the manager. I wasn't bothered one way or the other about Pat Fenlon, hopefully he can turn Hibs around.

" The team need all our support" **** doesn't work for me anymore. This team need to start performing, they won't because the players are not up to it. Hopefully PF can work some miracles in the January transfer window, good luck to him.

Maybe if we'd kept Vaz Te, we would've won more games:greengrin

BoltonHibee
19-12-2011, 09:36 AM
Maybe if we'd kept Vaz Te, we would've won more games:greengrin

:)

Jim44
19-12-2011, 10:21 AM
The worrying thing is that any additions/improvements in the squad will be loan players who for whatever reason are not getting a game for their clubs. Loaned players who do well generally have moved to a lower league team. Unless we are lucky enough to get players from 'big/successful' clubs I am not convinced we can be improved by this type of player.