PDA

View Full Version : Hibs official website predicting Rangers win.

Spike Mandela
10-12-2011, 09:13 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20111209/place-your-bets-on-rangers_2262950_2543038
:faf:

Oops.

Hibbyradge
10-12-2011, 09:16 AM
That really is poor.

Who is in charge of the website these days?

R'Albin
10-12-2011, 09:20 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20111209/place-your-bets-on-rangers_2262950_2543038

Oops.

Dearie me :hilarious

DaveF
10-12-2011, 09:29 AM
Cringeworthy.

If anyone is at the fans forum today, bring this up and have the person responsible booted up the arse.

HH81
10-12-2011, 09:35 AM
:confused: Where is it telling you to bet on Rangers? Reading the content it's all hibs bets it it not?

Imagine if the title said...... Place your bets on Rangers Game... typing error if you ask me. No big deal if you ask me.

marinello59
10-12-2011, 09:35 AM
Think I'll just head back up the road then. Geezus.

DaveF
10-12-2011, 09:40 AM
:confused: Where is it telling you to bet on Rangers? Reading the content it's all hibs bets it it not?

Imagine if the title said...... Place your bets on Rangers Game... typing error if you ask me. No big deal if you ask me.

I know the content is fine, but the stupid bold headline smacks of a lazy, cant be arsed rush job.

Does no one check these sort of things?

Wilson
10-12-2011, 09:42 AM

That wouldn't be much better...

Fife-Hibee
10-12-2011, 09:43 AM

I'm pretty sure that it mean't to say "Place your bets on Hibs."

Very poor mistake that everybody but the editor seems to have picked up. :rolleyes:

frazeHFC
10-12-2011, 09:50 AM
Expect the worse, never be disappointed!

joe breezy
10-12-2011, 10:04 AM
Bad headline, poor copywriting...

Hibbyradge
10-12-2011, 10:05 AM
I've complained.

Ryan69
10-12-2011, 10:18 AM

Oops.

Do you expect odds or things tobe changed as were Hibs fans? Surely stating the odds and stating were underdogs is only correct isnt it? Muppet!

Fife-Hibee
10-12-2011, 10:21 AM
Do you expect odds or things tobe changed as were Hibs fans? Surely stating the odds and stating were underdogs is only correct isnt it? Muppet!

jeeeeeeeeezus! :rolleyes:

SteveHFC
10-12-2011, 10:22 AM
changed now

Fife-Hibee
10-12-2011, 10:24 AM
changed now

:agree:

New link: http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20111209/back-hibernian-with-scotbetcom_2262950_2543038

HH81
10-12-2011, 10:27 AM
Is everyone happy now? change the title to let's moan at nothing thread or just close it and let's move on.....

HibbyKeith
10-12-2011, 10:29 AM
who cares what it says... 8-1 for big gaz to score first should be the talking point! great odds. :greengrin

Fife-Hibee
10-12-2011, 10:46 AM
I'm going to complain.
Surely we are underdogs therefore promoting betting on Hibs to beat rangers is encouraging people to lose money. very poor in these times of financial constraints does no one read these headlines and think of every single thing on the planet that can be thought about? Pure lazy.

Perhaps it may even lead to law suits for poor advice.

:stirrer::devil::greengrin

Spike Mandela
11-12-2011, 11:39 PM
**** me there are some serious so and so's on this site. Nobody wis that bothered about it , it wis just a wee laugh at a typo. Calm yourselves gents.:dummytit:

joe breezy
12-12-2011, 09:56 AM
In hindsight this was great financial advice from Hibs, if we'd all put a few hundred on Rangers to win we would have a bit more money for Xmas presents now

Hibbyradge
12-12-2011, 10:12 AM
Reply from Hibs. I'm happy with the reply and the correction.

Hi Dave

Thanks for your email. Your valid point has been noted and any such error will not happen again on www.hibernianfc.co.uk.

The length of the headline meant that the all-important word ‘match’ which should’ve been at the end was excluded leading to a totally inappropriate headline.

It goes without saying that the club would never encourage any supporter to bet against the team. That is illustrated in the secondary headline ‘Back Hibernian with Scotbet.com’.

Unfortunately the story was posted at close of play on Friday afternoon (4.56pm) and the error wasn’t picked up until Saturday morning. Rest assured, this won’t happen again.

Apologies if the headline caused any embarrassment or offence; it was an avoidable error that won’t be allowed to happen again.

Many thanks for your continued support

Kind regards

Andy74
12-12-2011, 10:21 AM
Reply from Hibs. I'm happy with the reply and the correction.

Hi Dave

Thanks for your email. Your valid point has been noted and any such error will not happen again on www.hibernianfc.co.uk.

The length of the headline meant that the all-important word ‘match’ which should’ve been at the end was excluded leading to a totally inappropriate headline.

It goes without saying that the club would never encourage any supporter to bet against the team. That is illustrated in the secondary headline ‘Back Hibernian with Scotbet.com’.

Unfortunately the story was posted at close of play on Friday afternoon (4.56pm) and the error wasn’t picked up until Saturday morning. Rest assured, this won’t happen again.

Apologies if the headline caused any embarrassment or offence; it was an avoidable error that won’t be allowed to happen again.

Many thanks for your continued support

Kind regards

So you'll spend your money in the pub instead of going to support Hibs at the game yet you are upset by this?

Strange.

Hibbyradge
12-12-2011, 10:53 AM
So you'll spend your money in the pub instead of going to support Hibs at the game yet you are upset by this?

Strange.

You're the strange one.

Where does it say that I have to spend my money in a particular way before I'm allowed to have an opinion on Hibs public relations?

How do you know what I said to Hibs? How do you know I was upset?

Presumably you weren't bothered by the team you pay to see advising their fans to bet against them.

Well, that's your choice, but if Hibs are serious about getting people like me through the doors again, they should be promoting our team's chances rather than telling us to bet on Rangers.

Beefster
12-12-2011, 01:23 PM

You're the strange one.

Where does it say that I have to spend my money in a particular way before I'm allowed to have an opinion on Hibs public relations?

How do you know what I said to Hibs? How do you know I was upset?

Presumably you weren't bothered by the team you pay to see advising their fans to bet against them.

Well, that's your choice, but if Hibs are serious about getting people like me through the doors again, they should be promoting our team's chances rather than telling us to bet on Rangers.

They were not telling anyone to bet on Rangers. It was evident from the article that the heading was a mistake and it was fixed long before the game.

bawheid
12-12-2011, 01:30 PM
I can't get that annoyed about this.

Andy74
12-12-2011, 01:40 PM
I can't get that annoyed about this.

Exactly, which is why I couldn't quite put toghether why someone would take the time to complain about it when they wouldn't take the time to get to the game itself. Spending the same amount of money in the pub as would have been spent at the game.

Hibbyradge
12-12-2011, 02:38 PM
They were not telling anyone to bet on Rangers. It was evident from the article that the heading was a mistake and it was fixed long before the game.

The headline said "Place your bets on Rangers". When I read that, regardless of what the article said, I didn't read it to mean "Place your bets on Hibs".

Also, it wasn't corrected until after I emailed them with a screen print.

Peevemor
12-12-2011, 02:42 PM
The headline said "Place your bets on Rangers". When I read that, regardless of what the article said, I didn't read it to mean "Place your bets on Hibs".

Also, it wasn't corrected until after I emailed them with a screen print.Obviously the subtleties in life just pass you by. :rolleyes:

Spike Mandela
12-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Somebody had to contact them to correct the headline, it was embarrassing for a professionally run official site, but at the end of the day it was just a a silly wee error. Not really something worth falling out over whether you were at the game or not.

Lighten up lads it's nearly Christmas:xwave

Hibbyradge
12-12-2011, 03:00 PM
Exactly, which is why I couldn't quite put toghether why someone would take the time to complain about it when they wouldn't take the time to get to the game itself. Spending the same amount of money in the pub as would have been spent at the game.

I'm surprised at your lack of understanding. You usually seem to be perceptive enough, but maybe I can help your comprehension on this occasion.

1. It took me about 2 minutes to email Hibs. Not really much of an effort, I'm sure you'd agree.

2. I enjoyed being in the pub on Saturday much more than I have enjoyed any game at Easter Road for about a couple of years now. I knew that would be the case.

3. I didn't have to travel across the city (convenient and £2,60 cheaper.)

4. The food at Greggs is better than at Easter Road (and considerably cheaper.)

5. I had 4 pints and I spent less than £12.

So, I had 4 pints with my mate in a cosy pub, got a nice tipsy feeling and went home with a happy smile on my coupon. Even so I saved around £20", avoided wasting 2 hours of my life sitting on, or waiting for, buses, and I saw the same crap game as you did. With instant replays of our missed chance!

*Actually, I probably saved about £30 because I would have had a couple of pints before and probably after the game if I'd been there.

I hope that helps.