PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Hibernian 0 V Rangers 2 FT

Pages : 1 [2]

whiskyhibby
10-12-2011, 01:10 PM
Great save McGregor!!

PeeJay
10-12-2011, 01:10 PM
Good save by McGregor - Osbourne misses!

R'Albin
10-12-2011, 01:11 PM
Decent save by McGregor, but keep it in your pants Burley!

Osbourne mis-hits the second effort and out for a goal kick

HH81
10-12-2011, 01:12 PM
Has someone at Hibs slept with burley's wife/boyfriend?

Biggie
10-12-2011, 01:13 PM
Jesus, that Craig Burley must have been some player..constantly negative....who was it he played for real Madrid, Barca ?.....for a guy that now works in the media, his constant sarcastic comments are not helping anyone promote the game.....if I was an ESPN exec guy watching this I'd sack the bstd.

Peevemor
10-12-2011, 01:13 PM
WTF is Burley on about now? - Refs' nights out.

bob12345
10-12-2011, 01:14 PM
Yeah, looked to me like Hanlon was standing right next to him though and could have maybe done something - like Stack - but let's blame Hart - he was at fault...

Don't get me wrong, those two were far from blameless, but if you go man to man defending a corner, the biggest sin is losing your man completely.

Moulin Yarns
10-12-2011, 01:14 PM
Sodje for griffiths,?

Elephant Stone
10-12-2011, 01:15 PM
Jesus, that Craig Burley must have been some player..constantly negative....who was it he played for real Madrid, Barca ?.....for a guy that now works in the media, his constant sarcastic comments are not helping anyone promote the game.....if I was an ESPN exec guy watching this I'd sack the bstd.

I could handle his sarcasm if he was even remotely funny but he's a total idiot, not funny in the slightest. Non stop unfunny, snidey comments and made up catch phrases, how he manages to hold down that job is beyond me.

SlickShoes
10-12-2011, 01:16 PM
WTF is Burley on about now? - Refs' nights out.

His comments are ridiculous and offensive, he speaks as if ref's are lesser beings because of the job they do and he is somehow superior. They don't always get it right but if there are no refs then there are no games.

Its ****ing football, they are human beings.

Craig Burley is a **** of the highest order.

R'Albin
Caldwell coming on:thumbsup:

Moulin Yarns
Caldwell for spoony

Moulin Yarns
10-12-2011, 01:18 PM
Got that wrong

R'Albin
10-12-2011, 01:18 PM
O'Connor was poor again.

Moulin Yarns
10-12-2011, 01:20 PM
Decent display. Not brilliant but better

Nailrod
10-12-2011, 01:20 PM
I would also add a keeper to that list as well.

Well at least you won't often see Stack come out for a cross and drop it... :cool2:

We used to have a raw young keeper who was brave and would come out looking for crosses. He sometimes dropped them. We hated his guts, and we hounded him out of the club.

His stats over the 67 games he played for us show that he conceded significantly fewer goals than Stack has in his matches, and he was almost half a goal a game better than the other keepers who have played for us since. Half a goal a game is huge. It's a lot more than the current difference between us and Motherwell in third place - nearly twice as much, if I remember the stats correctly from last time I checked. It mounts up to an effing lot of goals and points over a season.

Peevemor
10-12-2011, 01:21 PM
So Huns can stamp Hibs players and that's OK?

Judas Iscariot
10-12-2011, 01:21 PM
Has Michael Hart ever played football before?!

What did I say?!

****ing passenger cost us the game, should never pull a Hibs shirt on again after that farce :grr:

whiskyhibby
10-12-2011, 01:23 PM
A defeat but sounded much much better from Hibs, hopefully the corner has been turned

:pfgwa:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Pretty Boy
10-12-2011, 01:24 PM
What did I say?!

****ing passenger cost us the game, should never pull a Hibs shirt on again after that farce :grr:

He's ****ing honking.

Total imposter. Get Wotherspoon to right back until January then get a new one in.

Septimus
10-12-2011, 01:25 PM
Wee Lewis is having his best game in years.
Hibs best player by a mile.

Allant1981
10-12-2011, 01:25 PM
Played actually not to bad in patches, for me hart and griffith were possibly the worst players for us today. O'connor needs more help up front also

Cropley10
10-12-2011, 01:26 PM
Well at least you won't often see Stack come out for a cross and drop it... :cool2:

We used to have a raw young keeper who was brave and would come out looking for crosses. He sometimes dropped them. We hated his guts, and we hounded him out of the club.

His stats over the 67 games he played for us show that he conceded significantly fewer goals than Stack has in his matches, and he was almost half a goal a game better than the other keepers who have played for us since. Half a goal a game is huge. It's a lot more than the current difference between us and Motherwell in third place - nearly twice as much, if I remember the stats correctly from last time I checked. It mounts up to an effing lot of goals and points over a season.

So true.

DC_Hibs
10-12-2011, 01:26 PM

Yip and he's really proved us wrong since with the lofty heights his career has reached as a sometimes No. 2.
He had the attributes but overall he was not a good keeper.
Stack isnt really either mind.

BoltonHibee
10-12-2011, 01:27 PM
A defeat but sounded much much better from Hibs, hopefully the corner has been turned

:pfgwa:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

That made me laugh.

No corner has been turned at all, beaten 2 nil by possibly the worst Rangers team I have ever seen.

Prepare yourself for Division 1.

Allant1981
10-12-2011, 01:28 PM
Hibs best player by a mile. i actually thought in the 1st half we were poor in the middle of the park but stevenson and osbourne had a good second half

R'Albin
10-12-2011, 01:32 PM
That made me laugh.

No corner has been turned at all, beaten 2 nil by possibly the worst Rangers team I have ever seen.

Prepare yourself for Division 1.

Yeah, they may be, but they are still the best side in the SPL just now, and we matched them I would say :agree:

vanNISHtelroy
10-12-2011, 01:33 PM
at least the dunfy game being off means we wont go bottom of the league....today anyway

Apparently the fog has almost totally cleared now!

BoltonHibee
10-12-2011, 01:36 PM
Yeah, they may be, but they are still the best side in the SPL just now, and we matched them I would say :agree:

We didn't match them at all, they beat us 2 nil.

woodyloon
10-12-2011, 01:37 PM
Sorry but I hope I'm wrong but I think we are looking like heading for the 1st Division.

I am more than happy with the new appointment of Felon, but I fear the problems are to deep rooted.

Take the game today, crap first half from both teams but we should of still been 1 up with LG chance, then we start bright enough in the 2nd with Gers not in the game, but once again one our players commits suicide and give them something from nothing, Wotherspoon had it coverd. Almost every game one player seems to make mistakes which leads to our downfall, it's not the same one, Today it's Hart, other games it's been Stephens, thn O'Hanlon, Hanlon ,the keepers on numerous occassions, Palson, we seem to half a self destruct button that is pushed every game.

But my biggest worry is once again we have a new manager and apart from possibly looking like Hibs have a bit more shape about t
hem there is no rise in performance, just the same as CC first game a stuffing from the Dons.

PeeJay
10-12-2011, 01:41 PM
We didn't match them at all, they beat us 2 nil.

We weren't great today, but there were obvious signs of improvement, I felt. Better organisation, we passed the ball better than of late and I thought the motivation and work rates along with team spirit were great today. We still have tremendous problems - that's plain to see. Will be interesting to see how we fair from now on in

Personally I was disappointed with O'Connor's showing today - he gave us nothing, was off the pace - and he twice tackled players on his own team!

Enjoyed Stevenson's performance today...

thebausburst
10-12-2011, 01:43 PM
No offence to the true die hards who turned up, but so glad I got a free live stream on net. Even then it was sooooo boring to watch, there is just no excitement watching Hibs anymore, you NEVER feel like they're actually going to score! Some nice passing but that was it, commentator summed it up with 'only 1 home win in last 8/9 months, still the stadium is nice'.

snooky
10-12-2011, 01:44 PM
Hibs best player by a mile.

:agree: Lewis was outstanding today. My MOTM by a country mile.
Never put a foot wrong. Simple pass when required and got stuck in where it matters.

:top marks :aok:

woodyloon
10-12-2011, 01:45 PM
I have sent an email to ESPN regarding the attitude and comments from Burley. I just subscribed to ESPN today and if that is the standard of the commentary then I will be cancelling my subscription soon. I can't believe how he has nothing good to say about Scottish football but he is happy for Scottish football giving him an income.
Also we know how bad we are just now but do we really need to hear it from him stating how bad we are on and off throughout the game. It is his job to talk up the game regardless how dire it is, and comments like nice stadium pity about the team is uncalled for.

Jim44
10-12-2011, 01:47 PM
at least the dunfy game being off means we wont go bottom of the league....today anyway

If your pot's half full you'll be looking for an Aberdeen win to stop St Mirren gaining more ground on us but if your pot's half empty you'll be looking for a St Mirren win to keep the pressure on Aberdeen.

BoltonHibee
10-12-2011, 01:47 PM
We weren't great today, but there were obvious signs of improvement, I felt. Better organisation, we passed the ball better than of late and I thought the motivation and work rates along with team spirit were great today. We still have tremendous problems - that's plain to see. Will be interesting to see how we fair from now on in

Personally I was disappointed with O'Connor's showing today - he gave us nothing, was off the pace - and he twice tackled players on his own team!

I don't understand this bit about passing the ball better. I thought that part of our game was dreadful. Stevenson did do well, I agree with that

Allant1981
10-12-2011, 01:48 PM
We didn't match them at all, they beat us 2 nil. Sorry but rangers werent that much better, we certainly did match them. 2 stupid mistakes cost us the game

BoltonHibee
10-12-2011, 01:48 PM
I have sent an email to ESPN regarding the attitude and comments from Burley. I just subscribed to ESPN today and if that is the standard of the commentary then I will be cancelling my subscription soon. I can't believe how he has nothing good to say about Scottish football but he is happy for Scottish football giving him an income.
Also we know how bad we are just now but do we really need to hear it from him stating how bad we are on and off throughout the game. It is his job to talk up the game regardless how dire it is, and comments like nice stadium pity about the team is uncalled for.

It would be impossible to talk that ***** on offer today up. As annoying as he is, everything he said was spot on

BoltonHibee
10-12-2011, 01:51 PM
Sorry but rangers werent that much better, we certainly did match them. 2 stupid mistakes cost us the game

Yes 2 stupid mistakes, but we were never going to get anything out of the game. Sat off them far too much in the 1st half, no idea why. And we had the half hearted attempt to go at them a bit at the start of the second half. 1 up front saw that we were unlikely to score.

PeeJay
10-12-2011, 01:51 PM
I don't understand this bit about passing the ball better. I thought that part of our game was dreadful. Stevenson did do well, I agree with that

Had a feeling YOU wouldn't understand it :greengrin, but generally I felt we "hoofed" the ball less today and we had actually did have some fine passing moments, we tried to keep the ball down (not always) and tried to play football - I'm not claiming that it worked all the time, but - to me - it seemed a great deal better than what Hibs have served up recently...Boozy was ecstatic at times on Hibs TV - surely, that's saying something?

Cropley10
10-12-2011, 01:52 PM

Disagree about Garry - Rangers doubled up on him and he was always pressed every time. They know he's our biggest threat and they dealt with him.

woodyloon
10-12-2011, 01:53 PM
It would be impossible to talk that ***** on offer today up. As annoying as he is, everything he said was spot on

Can't argue with that, I just don't think t his job to totally slag off a team some people have tuned into watch. Yes constructive critism, but he came across really spiteful.

BoltonHibee
10-12-2011, 01:53 PM
Disagree about Garry - Rangers doubled up on him and he was always pressed every time. They know he's our biggest threat and they dealt with him.

Easy to mark against when the balls to him are up in the air or no where near him. As usual piss poor service. Needs someone alongside. If we are going to play that game, then you'd be better with Sodje up front

PeeJay
10-12-2011, 01:58 PM

I expect more from him, because he can do so much more - I felt when he had the ball he didn't manage to achieve anything - and his fitness level seems suspect to me?

Hibercelona
10-12-2011, 01:59 PM
Yes 2 stupid mistakes, but we were never going to get anything out of the game. Sat off them far too much in the 1st half, no idea why. And we had the half hearted attempt to go at them a bit at the start of the second half. 1 up front saw that we were unlikely to score.

So you agree that 2 stupid Hart mistakes lead to the 2 goals, but you don't think we would have taken anything from the game if those 2 mistakes hadn't occurred? :confused:

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-12-2011, 02:06 PM
That made me laugh.No corner has been turned at all, beaten 2 nil by possibly the worst Rangers team I have ever seen.Prepare yourself for Division 1. Couldnae agree more BH. Just looked like business as usual against the worst Rangers team ever to turn up at ER.

MSK
10-12-2011, 02:09 PM
Couldnae agree more BH. Just looked like business as usual against the worst Rangers ever to turn up at ER.A Rangers team with a hell of a lot of experience compared with hibs ...

Nailrod
10-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Yip and he's really proved us wrong since with the lofty heights his career has reached as a sometimes No. 2.
He had the attributes but overall he was not a good keeper.
Stack isnt really either mind.

I'm not bothered about what he's done since he left us. He wasn't much more than a kid when he was hounded out of ER. I doubt that did much for his confidence. Not that confidence matters at all to professional footballers of course - particularly goalkeepers.

Sound like you might have been one of the hounders. Thanks for that. And for Stack, who, as I have already pointed out, has an inferior record to Maka. But at least he's better than the other woeful rubbish who managed to concede almost half a goal a game more than Maka.

I'm sorry Maka didn't meet your high standards. I don't have the exact stats to hand, but I think his goals against record over all the 67 games he played for us was better than any of the non-OF clubs in the SPL this season.

Let me know when some first team choice from Barca or one of the top EPL teams decides to make the hop to Easter Road.

Jones28
10-12-2011, 02:15 PM
And my God I disagree with just about every post on this thread!

I thought Hibs were brilliant in the middle of the park today - Wotherspoon and Stevenson look like players again :agree:

Osbourne was excellent as well, got forward every chance he could.

The crowd as well, what a difference to hear some positivity! Not getting on players backs at every possible chance, plenty of encouragement and trying to inspire the team, though it was slightly disappointing to see so many leaving after the Huns second.

If people watching the game today dont think a corner has been turned then I assure you you are very much mistaken :agree:

Bring on Aberdeen, bring on the f****** Jambos :flag:

Supraninja
10-12-2011, 02:24 PM
I saw Wotherspoon throwing up on the pitch at half time. Looked orangey... Is this normal..? O'Hanlon and Hanlon were looking right at him and didn't seem that bothered. I've never seen anything like it, he was just throwing up all over the pitch and no one even batted an eyelid.

SteveHFC
10-12-2011, 02:49 PM
Just back. Stevenson and Osbourne done well today.

BoltonHibee
10-12-2011, 03:45 PM
So you agree that 2 stupid Hart mistakes lead to the 2 goals, but you don't think we would have taken anything from the game if those 2 mistakes hadn't occurred? :confused:

Correct, I never thought we would have taken from today's game. I think Rangers would have stepped up the pressure and scored. Pure conjecture of course, but that is what I "think" would have happened.

BoltonHibee
10-12-2011, 03:51 PM
Had a feeling YOU wouldn't understand it :greengrin, but generally I felt we "hoofed" the ball less today and we had actually did have some fine passing moments, we tried to keep the ball down (not always) and tried to play football - I'm not claiming that it worked all the time, but - to me - it seemed a great deal better than what Hibs have served up recently...Boozy was ecstatic at times on Hibs TV - surely, that's saying something?

I never heard his commentary today unfortunately, I love his enthusiasm and the excitement he creates which he often does from nothing :)

The " hoofing" was there in abundance today, we could not hold on to the ball. We very rarely found green shirts. There were SOME good passing moves. One in the 1st half and 3 or 4 in the second. Stats like that make poor reading.

It's not good enough, and won't be if we have any chance of survival in this league. ( can't believe I have to type that, how depressing)

MWHIBBIES
10-12-2011, 03:52 PM
Also we know how bad we are just now but do we really need to hear it from him stating how bad we are on and off throughout the game. It is his job to talk up the game regardless how dire it is, and comments like nice stadium pity about the team is uncalled for.He is the same every week, total bell :agree:

blackpoolhibs
10-12-2011, 03:54 PM
I never heard his commentary today unfortunately, I love his enthusiasm and the excitement he creates which he often does from nothing :)

The " hoofing" was there in abundance today, we could not hold on to the ball. We very rarely found green shirts. There were SOME good passing moves. One in the 1st half and 3 or 4 in the second. Stats like that make poor reading.

It's not good enough, and won't be if we have any chance of survival in this league. ( can't believe I have to type that, how depressing)

You are a right miserable sod. :wink:

BoltonHibee
10-12-2011, 03:55 PM
He is the same every week, total bell :agree:

Total bell, but correct all the same.

MWHIBBIES
10-12-2011, 03:57 PM
Total bell end, but correct all the same.I cleaned it up for our younger viewers :greengrin

BoltonHibee
10-12-2011, 03:58 PM
You are a right miserable sod. :wink:

I was utterly utterly shocked to see that performance today. I cannot be anything but miserable :(

When the camera panned in on that smug ******* Petrie, I could have put the boot through the telly! What an incompetent ******* that man is.

BoltonHibee
10-12-2011, 03:58 PM
I cleaned it up for our younger viewers :greengrin

:)

.Sean.
10-12-2011, 04:02 PM
The biggest piece of action was the 'Irish Rebel' ST holder who sits infront of me and my auld man in Section 43. Greasy looking guy, Celtic sympathiser and all-round ******. Apparantly Wotherspoon's 'a piece ae Scottish pish' and I'm a disgrace for being proud to be British. The boy infront of this erse also went daft at him. Does this fanny post on here? His behavoiur's a disgrace,a knucle-gragging Orc.

N.Wales Hibby
10-12-2011, 04:26 PM

I thought Hibs were brilliant in the middle of the park today - Wotherspoon and Stevenson look like players again :agree:

The crowd as well, what a difference to hear some positivity! Not getting on players backs at every possible chance, plenty of encouragement and trying to inspire the team, though it was slightly disappointing to see so many leaving after the Huns second.

If people watching the game today dont think a corner has been turned then I assure you you are very much mistaken :agree:

Well said young man. I do not agree they where brilliant but a vast improvement

carnoustiehibee
10-12-2011, 04:39 PM

just home also, and agree with all of that. wouldnt say we were brilliant but a huge improvement from cc. only thing is we dont have any midfield/defenders that look like scoring 5/6 goals before end of season.

leigh and gaz were very poor but stevenson had a great game

NorthNorfolkHFC
10-12-2011, 04:47 PM
Totally agree.

Hibs were an entirely different side today. I left easter road disappointed to get beat but happy that we have a manager who knows what he is doing and structures his team accordingly.

Throughout the game players knew exactly what their roles were and stuck to them. I feel happy that Pat is in charge. Rangers had one or two shots on target the whole game.

This is one of the first games i have stayed until the final whistle to applaud the players but i also wanted to applaud Nutsy for a quick turn around, in confidence and structure primarily.