PDA

View Full Version : Michael Hart (merged)

Monts
09-12-2011, 06:22 PM
Should he get another chance to make RB his own?

--------
09-12-2011, 06:23 PM

How did he do in the first half against Motherwell?

whiskyhibby
09-12-2011, 06:24 PM
Looks like he already has been given the chance after 2 games on the trot..................

Monts
09-12-2011, 06:35 PM

Couldnt fault him. Even got a song from the singing section!

glenn6270
09-12-2011, 06:43 PM
nope end of.

easty
09-12-2011, 07:00 PM

I can't remember him having anything to do. Motherwell were poor.

WindyMiller
09-12-2011, 07:01 PM

Did what was needed.

Mark79
09-12-2011, 07:05 PM
He is honking. Well past his best now. No manager we employ will get him playing well.

Golden Bear
09-12-2011, 07:19 PM
There's nothing like a bit of encouragement eh. It will do wonders for his confidence before a big game I'm sure.

yekimevol
09-12-2011, 07:23 PM
he does have a chance, paddy has stated that there wont be any large changes in January and that everyone has a chance to prove themselves (barr agogo and thornhill). also that he has 5 probably 6 games till we can sign another right back these are the games he can save his hibernian career and fenlon wants someone who actually is a right back compared to putting someone who might be able to do the job i.e. palsson, spoony and stephens.

Steven_Hibs
09-12-2011, 07:27 PM
I personally dont rate Michael Hart in the slightest, against Killie he looked like he hadn't played football before

Diclonius
09-12-2011, 07:34 PM
He looked fairly solid, fast and got forward a bit for 45 mins against Motherwell. Looked more like the player we thought we were getting than he ever has.

I don't have my hopes up but he deserves a chance on Saturday.

Aubenas
09-12-2011, 07:38 PM
I thought he was past it, but he looked fine against Motherwell, and it did strike me wouldn't it be ironic if he turned out to be the pivotal factor in a Hibs revival this season. Cearly with Davoren on trial for LB, PF is looking to do what he said and play people in their right positions. Wonder of that means Towell will be given chances in centre MF?

ShanksSaidNo
09-12-2011, 08:00 PM
He has a history of makin the game look solid, but I'm up for givin him a chance. Can't do any worse than we've had over the past 6 months. Thats not a dig at Palsson et all as they're not right backs. I'd like to see him come on to a game.

HibbyRod
09-12-2011, 08:09 PM
he does have a chance, paddy has stated that there wont be any large changes in January and that everyone has a chance to prove themselves (barr agogo and thornhill). also that he has 5 probably 6 games till we can sign another right back these are the games he can save his hibernian career and fenlon wants someone who actually is a right back compared to putting someone who might be able to do the job i.e. palsson, spoony and stephens.

:agree: like the jib of your cloth Lovemikey! :aok:

Not sure he is the real (stop-gap) deal, but worth a chance maybe!!!???

Anyway, lets all get behind the boys tomorrow for a great performance, and a hopeful win!

GGTHH!!! :thumbsup:

HibbyRod
09-12-2011, 08:13 PM
I thought he was past it, but he looked fine against Motherwell, and it did strike me wouldn't it be ironic if he turned out to be the pivotal factor in a Hibs revival this season. Clearly, with Davoren on trial for LB, PF is looking to do what he said and play people in their right positions. Wonder of that means Towell will be given chances in centre MF?

Hi Aubenas.

I don't know anything at all about Davoren.

Who is he, and what are his credentials? :confused:

tamig
09-12-2011, 08:27 PM

If PF thinks so then of course. It's up to the manager.

thebakerboy
09-12-2011, 08:34 PM
In his interview after 'Well game PF said it was a " no brainer " to play Hart an experienced RB in his natural position. He knows the position , therefore even if he is not very good he is better than someone filling in but no background in playing the position. So yes lets have round pegs (however good/bad they are) in round holes rather than the last 2 or 3 incumbents who liked to play round pegs in square , triangular or any other shaped holes rather than round ones. Already reported to be looking at a left back. As I have said before that apart from Hart there are no full backs at the club and PF seems to agree with me and is sorting this first.:pfgwa:flag::thumbsup:

hibsbollah
09-12-2011, 08:38 PM
I thought he was past it, but he looked fine against Motherwell, and it did strike me wouldn't it be ironic if he turned out to be the pivotal factor in a Hibs revival this season. Cearly with Davoren on trial for LB, PF is looking to do what he said and play people in their right positions. Wonder of that means Towell will be given chances in centre MF? Agree with your assessment of Hart. Truly honking previously, but seemed reborn against Well and saw plenty of the ball. id persevere with him at RB. Problem is, i dont like Towell in centre midfield. Personally, i'd drop Towell to the bench.

HH81
09-12-2011, 09:10 PM
All players should get a chance to impress the manager :agree:

He will make the decision.

Alfred E Newman
09-12-2011, 10:01 PM
Looked a different player on Friday and seemed more comforable in the the way the team was set up.

Northernhibee
09-12-2011, 10:50 PM
With some cover from RM and a defined role, I think he has a part to play in the team.

brydekirk
09-12-2011, 11:35 PM
Should he get another chance to make RB his own? No. End off . Fact. No

oldbutdim
09-12-2011, 11:43 PM
There is no doubt that a fit Hart would benefit everybody

Northernhibee
10-12-2011, 12:09 AM
No. End off . Fact. No

The quality of setup and tactics under both Yogi and CC were appalling -if the player is prepared to give 100% consistently, then it should be a clean slate as far as I'm concerned.

Lucius Apuleius
10-12-2011, 05:51 AM
Definitely, still think there is a player in there.

brydekirk
10-12-2011, 08:16 AM
The quality of setup and tactics under both Yogi and CC were appalling -if the player is prepared to give 100% consistently, then it should be a clean slate as far as I'm concerned. Nobody more than me wanted him to succeed when he signed, don't think his legs will take anymore, just my opinion.

Cropley10
10-12-2011, 09:18 AM
Looked a different player on Friday and seemed more comforable in the the way the team was set up.

Ever since he arrived he's been left to take the ball at RB then hoof it over the midfield somewhere between the opposing CH and LB.

He drives me nuts tbh. But if PH can turn him round then great

Wilson
10-12-2011, 09:21 AM
He drives me nuts tbh. But if PH can turn him round then great

Well the opposition turn him every which way so maybe PF has a chance!

Hibbyradge
10-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Our weakest link by a mile.

brydekirk
10-12-2011, 01:52 PM
What dae yi think o the useless now then.?

Ozyhibby
10-12-2011, 01:54 PM
Micheal hart is the worst full back to wear a Hibs shirt for a long time. Absolutely garbage.
Would not matter if mourinho was in charge with players like that.

madabouthibs
10-12-2011, 02:00 PM
Hopefully he's been added to the January list! He's really awful likes! :confused:

JON6207
10-12-2011, 02:01 PM
Hopefully last ever game.

Saorsa
10-12-2011, 02:02 PM
Should he get another chance to make RB his own?He's had it and ****ed it up :bye:

SlickShoes
10-12-2011, 02:02 PM
lets hope he is punted asap, truly awful performance, whilst hibs have been bad he was far far worse.

madabouthibs
10-12-2011, 02:05 PM
I would sooner see a non right back playing right back than Michael Hart. He is bloody awful! :confused:
Just gutted he wasn't hooked after the penalty......

Don Giovanni
10-12-2011, 02:06 PM
6 months? Think Hughes gave him / us a 2 year sentence.

East Coast Hibe
10-12-2011, 02:07 PM
He should never play again for Hibs

I thought against Dunfermline on his first game back he was awful (or was it Kilmarnock?), but gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Get him tae f***

SkintHibby
10-12-2011, 02:10 PM
What dae yi think o the useless now then.?

He's ****in sheite!!! Get hime tae...

IWasThere2016
10-12-2011, 02:11 PM
****ing useless! Dreadful signing!

It should be up on midnight of 31 December as we incinerate it and free the donkey!

Keith_M
10-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Can't Hibs just stop paying him and let him leave of his own accord? Surely that's what ALL big clubs do....

TowerHibs
10-12-2011, 02:26 PM
Can i add Paul Hanlon to the list of people who should be launched??? A constant at centre half when we were struggling, not hard enough and not good enough in the air.

At full back he is shocking on the ball, passing is terrible and lacks invention.

a whole new back 4 would be great, although don't think Stephens is too bad, needs a good player beside him though.

grantonhibee
10-12-2011, 02:30 PM
worst player ave seen in a while , has the pace of an 80 year old man , fenlon get him to ****

SteveHFC
10-12-2011, 02:38 PM
Hart isn't good enough. But the abuse he gets is pathetic!

fiolex1
10-12-2011, 02:40 PM
Was the difference between the two teams!

Hibercelona
10-12-2011, 02:42 PM
Makes Brian Kerr look like a footballing guru.

Speedy
10-12-2011, 02:44 PM
Makes Brian Kerr look like a footballing guru.

Sorry but I don't see it

tamig
10-12-2011, 02:45 PM
Just back from the game. Hart made about 2 mistakes today. One cost us the penalty. He played Wylde very well - a player who has ripped up many full backs this season. After Hart went off Wylde tore Wotherspoon apart for the rest of the game. Can't believe the stick Hart is getting here.

blackpoolhibs
10-12-2011, 02:47 PM
When Fenlon said it was a no brainer playing Hart at right back, i thought you have not seen him play Pat. For me its a no brainer regarding Hart, you get him as far away from a green and white jersey as you possibly can.:rolleyes:

Hibercelona
10-12-2011, 02:49 PM
Sorry but I don't see it

Kerr might have never done anything right (except scoring against the fuds) but he never really done anything wrong either. Hart is everything thats wrong with a footballer.

soupy
10-12-2011, 02:49 PM
Must admit I thought he was doing ok until the penalty, then went and it all up.

Speedy
10-12-2011, 02:52 PM
Kerr might have never done anything right (except scoring against the fuds) but he never really done anything wrong either. Hart is everything thats wrong with a footballer.

Hmmm...still don't see it :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
10-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Must admit I thought he was doing ok until the penalty, then went andit all up.

He was ok, as was Hanlon doing ok. What really riles me though, is watching 2 full backs who'd struggle to beat me over 20 yards, and who both give us nothing going forward.

Our full backs are like a couple of statues, both are poor full backs at least Hanlon sort of has an excuse.

SkintHibby
10-12-2011, 02:55 PM
Can i add Paul Hanlon to the list of people who should be launched??? A constant at centre half when we were struggling, not hard enough and not good enough in the air.

At full back he is shocking on the ball, passing is terrible and lacks invention.

a whole new back 4 would be great, although don't think Stephens is too bad, needs a good player beside him though.

According to his uncle, he wants out of Hibs ASAP!:agree:

Cropley10
10-12-2011, 02:58 PM

Good news. He'll be headed to the SFL then.

snooky
10-12-2011, 03:07 PM

Is his uncle Wayne Rooney's faither?

matty_f
10-12-2011, 03:25 PM
Must admit I thought he was doing ok until the penalty, then went and it all up.

He gave the ball away in dangerous positions twice in the first half, which I thought we were lucky to get away with.

The penalty was unbelievably stupid, and I have no doubt at all that Hart cost us the game today. An ok player isn't good enough for Hibs, an ok player that costs us the match definitely isn't good enough.

Franck Stanton
10-12-2011, 04:17 PM
Just back from the game. Hart made about 2 mistakes today. One cost us the penalty. He played Wylde very well - a player who has ripped up many full backs this season. After Hart went off Wylde tore Wotherspoon apart for the rest of the game. Can't believe the stick Hart is getting here.

Totally agree, whilst I think Harts best days are well and truly behind him he doesn't deserve the amount of abuse he recieves on these forums. IMO Hanlon has almost as many bad games and he appears to be "untouchable". [ Just popping to the shops for my tin hat].

MWHIBBIES
10-12-2011, 04:34 PM
Was the difference between the two teams!:faf: I think the 3/4m Rangers spent on Goian, Jelavic, Davis and the rest was the difference, not Michael Hart.

Sumner
10-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Utter garbage today.. keep playing like that
and his name could become rhyming slang for FART

PeterboroHibee
10-12-2011, 05:07 PM

He was still at fault for the two goals that ultimately cost us the game. I hate giving stick to players and I actually wanted Hart to do well, he came here as the answer to our RB problems but just dont think hes up to it. He really seems to lack pace, which should be countered by his experience, but he seems to cost us goals nearly every time he plays through daft errors.

matty_f
10-12-2011, 05:08 PM
:faf: I think the 3/4m Rangers spent on Goian, Jelavic, Davis and the rest was the difference, not Michael Hart.

To be honest, despite the millions that Rangers spent on these players, they were second best to Hibs for most of the game. I would say that over the season, then yep, the millions are the difference. On today alone, Michael Hart did far more damage than those players mentioned.

Dirkster23
10-12-2011, 05:21 PM
He was ok, as was Hanlon doing ok. What really riles me though, is watching 2 full backs who'd struggle to beat me over 20 yards, and who both give us nothing going forward.

Our full backs are like a couple of statues, both are poor full backs at least Hanlon sort of has an excuse.

Spot on BH, can't think of another club in the SPL who have fullbacks that offer so little. I hope PF brings in a new RB during the window and plays Booth at LB- he gets caught a bit defensively, but gives us threat pushing forward.

greenlex
10-12-2011, 05:21 PM
You can see he hasn't payed for a while this for sure. I reckon a couple of games more and match fit should see him our best right back at he club. I thought we lost our shape Andy midfield today when Spoony went back to right back. That could one or more of three things.
1. We bacame impatient after going behind and stopped doing what we were doing well.
2. Spoony was making the difference in his position before moving.
3. Hart is actually better than most give him credit or in the shape PF has us playing.

matty_f
10-12-2011, 05:28 PM
You can see he hasn't payed for a while this for sure. I reckon a couple of games more and match fit should see him our best right back at he club. I thought we lost our shape Andy midfield today when Spoony went back to right back. That could one or more of three things.
1. We bacame impatient after going behind and stopped doing what we were doing well.
2. Spoony was making the difference in his position before moving.
3. Hart is actually better than most give him credit or in the shape PF has us playing.

I think Hart kept the shape fairly well, however there's no point in doing that, or any other number of positives that we could have tried to look for in his performance today, if he gives away an idiotic penalty, and fails to mark his man properly at a corner, where we lose a goal both times.

Hart was lucky to see two other mistakes go unpunished in the first half as well. A players' most notable contributions should never be negative ones. Unfortunately in Hart's case today, the negatives far outweighed the positives and for all the good work that the midfield did, Hart's individual mistakes undid it and he's rightly getting the criticism for it, IMHO.

down the slope
10-12-2011, 05:28 PM
I think the pace of the game caught out Hart at times, his thinking is not up to speed and whether he ever gets it back is anyones guess. He gave away a needless penalty when we were on top with that lot never looking like scoring and from the corner he and i think Lewis were tracking Jellyfish but they got drawn into the middle of the goalmouth and left him on his own for a free header . I think some are being a bit harsh on him as he has had one full game in months, better judge him once he has had a few games .

sixtwo
10-12-2011, 07:41 PM
He should never ever play for us again. He is utter *****

hibee_girl
10-12-2011, 07:46 PM
Quite simply he lost the game for us, he should never play for us again. Even Palsson was better at RB!

Jonnyboy
10-12-2011, 07:46 PM
Not read the whole thread but in my view Hart should stay on the treatment table until we can ditch him

Baldy Foghorn
10-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Not read the whole thread but in my view Hart should stay on the treatment table until we can ditch him

He is a liability Jonnyboy, totally inept footballer.......Sad to watch him getting a jersey

Greenblood70
10-12-2011, 07:57 PM
I think Hart kept the shape fairly well, however there's no point in doing that, or any other number of positives that we could have tried to look for in his performance today, if he gives away an idiotic penalty, and fails to mark his man properly at a corner, where we lose a goal both times.

Hart was lucky to see two other mistakes go unpunished in the first half as well. A players' most notable contributions should never be negative ones. Unfortunately in Hart's case today, the negatives far outweighed the positives and for all the good work that the midfield did, Hart's individual mistakes undid it and he's rightly getting the criticism for it, IMHO.

Couldn't agree more. If Hart was a horse he'd have been shot after today. Thankfully i reckon that will be the last time we see possibly one of the worst waste of our budget in a Hibs jersey. He is finished as a player, shorn of pace and confidence which in turn means he's so indecisive that he plays himself into trouble.

Sick of watching losers like him in a Hibs jersey. Time to get tough and add him to the Thornhill and Agogo punt list.

At The Edge
10-12-2011, 08:04 PM
Is he out of contract in the summer?

Kinda weird as last week against Motherwell he actually had a decent game, fast forward to today and hes back to bombscare material.
Hopefully Spoonie won't end up as our RB, as he had a decent game in midfield today

thebakerboy
10-12-2011, 08:06 PM
I think Hart is struggling through not playing and was stupid to get caught holding the Hun for the penalty. For the second goal , I agree he lost his player , but why was the 5ft.9in. Hart marking the Huns 6ft. + centre forward when we have two large centre halfs in the side plus Hanlon and Osbourne and where o where was the keeper , stuck on his line as usual. Don't think Hart is the long term answer but the team lost shape when he went off and Wylde started to play a bit against Spooney.

Seveno
10-12-2011, 08:33 PM
Hart should be placed on the same wage structure as the Hearts squad. Diddly Squat to match his ability.

Gala Foxes
10-12-2011, 09:25 PM
no pace, no ability to turn, can't clear a ball, poor man's Van Zanten

J-C
10-12-2011, 09:39 PM

Firstly Hart is past it speed wise and Hanlon is a CH not a full back, hopefully Fenlon will put young Booth back there, and get Towell back at RB.

Hibiza
11-12-2011, 04:20 PM
Prob old hat by now, Hart, prob the biggest waste of wages ever, Couldn't lace Ritchies boots.:taxi

Bayern Bru
11-12-2011, 04:21 PM
His legs have gone. If they hadn't, there might be a player in there.

I'd say he was at fault for both goals yesterday and I think many would agree.

California-Hibs
11-12-2011, 04:31 PM
Prob old hat by now, Hart, prob the biggest waste of wages ever, Couldn't lace Ritchies boots.:taxi

Ritchie Towell is ALSO a brutal footballer. If some Hibs fans are happy with that kind of standard of player then that is truly worrying.

Kammy1875
11-12-2011, 04:35 PM
1st thing we need in January, as we have for 2 years is a right back.

KeithTheHibby
11-12-2011, 04:42 PM
He had a decent 60 minutes yesterday too before making a mistake for the penalty.

Stack should have done better at the goal, rooted to the line from a ball into the 6 yard box.

Wotherspiniesta
11-12-2011, 04:47 PM
Hibernian defender Michael Hart says Lee Wallace made the most of the challenge that led to a penalty for Rangers in Saturday's match at Easter Road, which the Ibrox side went on to win 2-0. (Various)

:ostrich:

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-12-2011, 04:52 PM
Whatever we do to cover the rb jersey, I hope that Fenlon doesn't pull Spoony backwards to fill in.

Golden Bear
11-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Ritchie Towell is ALSO a brutal footballer. If some Hibs fans are happy with that kind of standard of player then that is truly worrying.

He was an accomplished player when he first arrived at ER but he's not kicked on from there. Like so many others his confidence has taken a battering.

I wonder why that is.

Elephant Stone
11-12-2011, 04:58 PM
Hibernian defender Michael Hart says Lee Wallace made the most of the challenge that led to a penalty for Rangers in Saturday's match at Easter Road, which the Ibrox side went on to win 2-0. (Various)

:ostrich:

He did make the most of it, defenders get away with more contact than that every week depending on who the ref is and how the player reacts. That's no excuse though- it was obvious, gave Wallace the opportunity to go down and lost us the game.

Wotherspiniesta
11-12-2011, 05:25 PM
He did make the most of it, defenders get away with more contact than that every week depending on who the ref is and how the player reacts. That's no excuse though- it was obvious, gave Wallace the opportunity to go down and lost us the game.

It was a clear penalty though.

It's just such a cop-out to come out and say the player made the most of it or the ref got it wrong etc.

How are players ever going to learn from their mistakes if they don't even think they've made one? He should have either came out and held his hands up and said it was a penalty, I got caught wrongside and panicked or better yet, say nothing at all.

It's one thing making a mistake, its another to be totally obvlivious that you've made one.

Elephant Stone
11-12-2011, 05:40 PM
It was a clear penalty though.

It's just such a cop-out to come out and say the player made the most of it or the ref got it wrong etc.

How are players ever going to learn from their mistakes if they don't even think they've made one? He should have either came out and held his hands up and said it was a penalty, I got caught wrongside and panicked or better yet, say nothing at all.

It's one thing making a mistake, its another to be totally obvlivious that you've made one.

He should have held his hands up and admitted he cost us as well but he's not wrong about Wallace, he fell in such an un natural way.

KiddA
11-12-2011, 06:57 PM

spot on Matty :agree: I watched the highlights and thought he was riding his luck a lot and got out of jail a few times. For all the bad that Calderwood did he did however identify how bad Hart was but should have brought a right back in at the same time. I don't think PF will stick with Hart but is giving him the benefit of the doubt along with a few others.