PDA

View Full Version : NHC Samir Nasri reveals shocking reason why he left Arsenal

Hibs90
09-12-2011, 11:27 AM
http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/12/09/samir-nasri-reveals-shocking-real-reason-for-leaving-arsenal-for-man-city/

I can’t wait to hear the Europa League anthem as we line up on the pitch on a Thursday night,” said the winger. “The hairs will be standing up on the back of my neck as I hear that tune. How does it go again?”

Nasri was part of an Arsenal side that visited Barcelona in the Champions League last season, but admits it was difficult watching new club City visit the likes of FC Politehnica Timisoara.

“If I ever wanted to play Europa League football I had to leave Arsenal,” claimed Nasri. “It’s been over a decade since Arsene Wenger last guided his team into Europe’s second-tier competition and Arsenal again failed to land a Europa League spot last year. To make matters worse, we had to watch Spurs grab the last place. Even Fulham got in via the flippin’ fair play league – at that point I knew it was time to say au revoir.

“There were moments this season when I wondered if I had done the right thing moving to City, when it looked as if we were in danger of qualifying for the next round of the Champions League and Arsenal were on course for the Europa, but now I can look forward to possibly playing Stoke.”

Nasri is chomping at the bit to face the Europa League’s finest. “There are no easy names in the Europa League,” he said. “Whether it’s FC Metalist Kharkiv, FC Vaslui or Vorskla Poltava, I can’t pronounce any of them. At least I might get a game, though.”

Incase anyone hasn't realised, this is a spoof piece.

PISTOL1875
09-12-2011, 11:35 AM
Why don't you find an article that states that Arsenal have won eff all for seasons.. Have no look of a side that can win anything and will probably win eff all again this season ????

pentlando
09-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Why don't you find an article that states that Arsenal have won eff all for seasons.. Have no look of a side that can win anything and will probably win eff all again this season ????

Cage rattled sir?? Bit OTT for a tongue in cheek post.

blackpoolhibs
09-12-2011, 11:41 AM

Come on, it was funny. :faf: You are allowed to laugh at yourself now and then.

bawheid
09-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Is there not another thread on which we can all display our neediness by having to have a successful English team to support?

johnrebus
09-12-2011, 11:52 AM

Have to admit that I like Arsenal and Citeh.........,

However, that doesn't mean that Nasri - great player though he is - is'nt an arse.

:whistle:

PISTOL1875
09-12-2011, 11:57 AM

It was funny yeh.. I just love the banter....

Pretty Boy
09-12-2011, 12:18 PM

It was very funny.

But there's a few people on here who are a bit sensitive about the teams they 'support'.

MrRobot
09-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Man City fans dont need to worry, their Chelsea tops might still fit :wink:

.Sean.
09-12-2011, 12:25 PM
It was very funny.But there's a few people on here who are a bit sensitive about the teams they 'support'. Precisely this. I've never understood how folk can get so involved in a side who play hundreds of miles away and only ever watch on TV... It's almost as bad as the OF gloryhunters you find in every town in Scotland.

Jones28
09-12-2011, 12:34 PM
I have sympathies for West Ham UTD, they are my English team. I like them, but I can't exactly label myself as a supporter as I have never watch them play, been to Upton Park on even bought a replica kit.

People who say "I'm a (insert reasonably successful EPL team) supporter when you've never seen them play is ridiculous.

The article is good though :greengrin

PISTOL1875
09-12-2011, 12:34 PM
Precisely this. I've never understood how folk can get so involved in a side who play hundreds of miles away and only ever watch on TV... It's almost as bad as the OF gloryhunters you find in every town in Scotland.

You sure about that ??

On the other hand , its far more enjoyable than watching the dross we have to witness a bit closer to home....

Peevemor
09-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Precisely this. I've never understood how folk can get so involved in a side who play hundreds of miles away and only ever watch on TV... It's almost as bad as the OF gloryhunters you find in every town in Scotland.

I've never really had an English team, though throughout the years there have been sides that I particularly enjoyed watching on the box, including

Man Utd. with Cantona, Giggs, etc.
Ipswich with John Wark during their European exploits
Liverpool - Rush, Dalglish, Souness
Arsenal with Bergkamp

The 'foreign' team I always went out my way to watch were AC Milan during the Guillit/Van Basten/Rijkaard era - sublime! :drool:

heretoday
09-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Is there not another thread on which we can all display our neediness by having to have a successful English team to support?

Hear Hear! All the anti-Manchester, anti Arsenal, Chelsea etc stuff is a bit pathetic.

Up the Hibs!!!!

Pretty Boy
09-12-2011, 12:42 PM
I've never really had an English team, though throughout the years there have been sides that I particularly enjoyed watching on the box, including

Man Utd. with Cantona, Giggs, etc.
Ipswich with John Wark during their European exploits
Liverpool - Rush, Dalglish, Souness
Arsenal with Bergkamp

The 'foreign' team I always went out my way to watch were AC Milan during the Guillit/Van Basten/Rijkaard era - sublime! :drool:

I like a few English and foreign teams as well but i don't get as defensive about them as a group of about 5 or 6 posters on here. It's interesting that all the guys that go on about their English teams seem to be into Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal et al as opposed to Tramnere, Hull etc.

Hibs Class
09-12-2011, 12:55 PM
It's better to watch English football as a neutral - much more enjoyable, and better to save the passion for Hibs

nonshinyfinish
09-12-2011, 01:06 PM
I like a few English and foreign teams as well but i don't get as defensive about them as a group of about 5 or 6 posters on here. It's interesting that all the guys that go on about their English teams seem to be into Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal et al as opposed to Tramnere, Hull etc.

Would it help if I started a Cambridge United thread, and got into pointless slanging matches with Cambridge City and Histon fans?

DC_Hibs
09-12-2011, 01:10 PM
I love reading these threads with all the mugs who "support" top English teams falling out. Some of them even make a few games a season y'know!
Favourite quotes from them are: "I've supported them since the 80's blah blah blah" "We didn't buy success" "My jaw aches from penile pleasuring"

Magnificent to see a new breed of Man City fan appearing on the scene over the last year or two also.

I'm content supporting Hibs and my local recently relegated German team secure in the knowledge I'll be lucky to see a trophy win every c20 years....oh and enjoying the EPL as a neutral.

Seconds out, round two...Ding Ding.

Pretty Boy
09-12-2011, 01:12 PM
Would it help if I started a Cambridge United thread, and got into pointless slanging matches with Cambridge City and Histon fans?

It would be a nice break from the constant pish about the 'blue moon rising', Man Utds debt, Torres being pish, Arsenal winning nothing, Liverpool living in the 80s etc etc that crops up on a daily basis and starts the same arguments amongst the same people again and again.

lyonhibs
09-12-2011, 01:14 PM

I could chip in with an Oxford United thread, and have a tete-a-tete with some imaginary Swindon fans?

--------
09-12-2011, 01:17 PM
It was very funny.

But there's a few people on here who are a bit sensitive about the teams they 'support'.

:agree: Which may not be entirely unconnected with the way some of them whinge and greet all the time about the Scottish team the 'support'?

Ah, the over-inflated expectations of the glory-hunter.... :rolleyes:

It's better to watch English football as a neutral - much more enjoyable, and better to save the passion for Hibs

Hibs are the only team to be able to reduce me to a complete emotional wreck - they're my team, but the chasm between what I want them to be (what in spite of it all I believe they COULD be) and what they ARE just does me in.

Which isn't to say I can't enjoy watching English football and rejoicing when the smug complacency of the 'big-team' fans - Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, whoever slowly gives way to that dumb, uncomprehending unbelieving misery on the occasions a 'wee team' horses them. But mostly, just watching a game and enjoying the event.

I wonder how many Oldham, Bury, Stockport or Rochdale fans were deeply distressed at the Champions' League results this week? They're the guys I identify with. :greengrin

nonshinyfinish
09-12-2011, 01:18 PM
It would be a nice break from the constant pish about the 'blue moon rising', Man Utds debt, Torres being pish, Arsenal winning nothing, Liverpool living in the 80s etc etc that crops up on a daily basis and starts the same arguments amongst the same people again and again.

**** off City, enjoying the Evostik Southern Premier are you, in your ***** excuse for a 'stadium'? The so-called Shed Choir can **** off too, there's about 6 of you and you look like *******. I hope you all die, you ************* ******** ****, and why don't you ******* **** ****** ******* ****** dolphin ****** *****.

That do?

Pretty Boy
09-12-2011, 01:19 PM
**** off City, enjoying the Evostik Southern Premier are you, in your ***** excuse for a 'stadium'? The so-called Shed Choir can **** off too, there's about 6 of you and you look like *******. I hope you all die, you ************* ******** ****, and why don't you ******* **** ****** ******* ****** dolphin ****** *****.

That do?

I quite enjoyed that.

WellingtonHibby
09-12-2011, 01:24 PM
My English team is Grimsby Town.,.any Hull fancy a bit of banter.. ?

Big Frank
09-12-2011, 01:28 PM

Good call sir :agree:

:top marks

Judas Iscariot
09-12-2011, 01:33 PM

More chance of winning the champs league than city tho :wink:

CallumLaidlaw
09-12-2011, 01:50 PM
I have sympathies for West Ham UTD, they are my English team. I like them, but I can't exactly label myself as a supporter as I have never watch them play, been to Upton Park on even bought a replica kit.

People who say "I'm a (insert reasonably successful EPL team) supporter when you've never seen them play is ridiculous.

The article is good though :greengrin

Everton are my 2nd team. Down to the fact one of my best friends is a Toffee, so I have adopted them over the last 10 years. Try to get to at least 1 game a season, and each year, I buy him a hibs top for his birthday, and he buys me an Everton top. Going down to Goodison next weekend actually.
I cheer them on, and enjoy following them, but they certainly dont hold my interest like the Hibees. My priority next saturday is to find a pub to watch the Aberdeen game :thumbsup:

Caversham Green
09-12-2011, 02:11 PM
I could chip in with an Oxford United thread, and have a tete-a-tete with some imaginary Swindon fans?

Used to be the big team round here when 'your' fat obnoxious owner tried to put 'us' out of existence twenty-odd years ago.

Who's the big team now eh?

--------
09-12-2011, 02:23 PM
Used to be the big team round here when 'your' fat obnoxious owner tried to put 'us' out of existence twenty-odd years ago.

Who's the big team now eh?

Ah, the sweet, sweet resonance of the fitba' banter... :devil:

Saorsa
09-12-2011, 02:27 PM
I like a few English and foreign teams as well but i don't get as defensive about them as a group of about 5 or 6 posters on here. It's interesting that all the guys that go on about their English teams seem to be into Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal et al as opposed to Tramnere, Hull etc.It allows them tae glory hunt :greengrin the only way they could dae that in Scotland would be tae support the bigot brothers.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-12-2011, 02:39 PM
I have sympathies for West Ham UTD, they are my English team. Me too, I've been to see them 5 times this season and have yet to see them concede a goal. The away fans are magic, its been good fun for the most part, with the odd poor result thrown in. £15 for the game next Saturday - much cheapness!

PISTOL1875
09-12-2011, 02:50 PM
More chance of winning the champs league than city tho :wink:

Yeh but City have more chance of winning at trophy this season..

:wink::wink:

H18S NX
09-12-2011, 03:11 PM
I have three teams i like,the glorious Hibs(st holder)man city and sampdoria,could'nt believe it when all three were relegated in the same season,am i a jinx or what?:rolleyes:

AgentDaleCooper
09-12-2011, 04:56 PM
It was funny yeh.. I just love the banter....

i heard man city fans are really stupid, and have tiny genitalia, and have very ugly mothers. all of them. FACT.

blackpoolhibs
09-12-2011, 05:27 PM
I have three teams i like,the glorious Hibs(st holder)man city and sampdoria,could'nt believe it when all three were relegated in the same season,am i a jinx or what?:rolleyes:

I have one team and thats Hibs, i watch some English stuff but cant get even 1% excited as i do watching us.

While my son supports Hibs and Arsenal, as he lives in St Albans and i'm happy as he is when the gunners do well, i just cant support 2 sides, i find it impossible?

Hibbyradge
09-12-2011, 05:36 PM
I like Spurs cos I used to have a season ticket for WHL.

I also like Crystal Palace cos I used to live along the road from their ground and went along to see them whenever I wasn't watching Spurs.

Is that ok for you Hibs only purists or should I hang my head in shame?

Hibbyradge
09-12-2011, 05:39 PM

You're a jinx.

On the contrary, I couldn't believe when the three teams I was following, Hibs, Spurs and Crystal Palace all won cup finals in 1991 and I was at them all! :thumbsup:

Hibs - League Cup

Spurs - FA Cup

Palace ZDS Cup

PISTOL1875
09-12-2011, 05:54 PM
i heard man city fans are really stupid, and have tiny genitalia, and have very ugly mothers. all of them. FACT.

You're mother was very complimentary when I was bashing her back doors in the other night....:wink::wink::wink:

--------
09-12-2011, 06:00 PM

I also like Crystal Palace cos I used to live along the road from their ground and went along to see them whenever I wasn't watching Spurs.

Yes, Mr Radge, you should! Hang your head in shame! You're a disgrace to this forum!

It just puzzles me when someone who says he/she's a Hibs fan live or die gets so worked up about some English team that he/she gets into a braging match with someone else over a Liverpool or Manchester or London derby.

And no disrespect to Spurs or Palace - but its one thing having a liking for them (or West Ham, or West Brom, or some other similar team) and latching onto the coat-tails of Liverpool, Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and so on, I suspect for little reason other than that they're BIG teams with loadsamoney.

Besides, it's a big temptation when folks react as gratifyingly narked as they have on this thread.

Gotta find our fun somewhere....

nonshinyfinish
09-12-2011, 06:13 PM

For me, the thing that irks is people who argue (rather repetitively) about their English teams as if they were committed die-hards (perhaps some are, but I suspect they are a tiny minority). Loads of people have second teams, nothing wrong with that.

blackpoolhibs
09-12-2011, 06:14 PM
For me, the thing that irks is people who argue (rather repetitively) about their English teams as if they were committed die-hards (perhaps some are, but I suspect they are a tiny minority). Loads of people have second teams, nothing wrong with that.

:agree:

--------
09-12-2011, 06:20 PM

Exactly. No harm in having a liking for a particular team, but don't get upset if (for example) some of us take a deal of pleasure in watching a team like (say) Crystal Palace (wee team) putting (say) Manchester United (big team with a big sense of entitlement) out of a Cup competition now and again.

shagpile
09-12-2011, 07:21 PM
You sure about that ??

On the other hand , its far more enjoyable than watching the dross we have to witness a bit closer to home....

At least it is our dross. & lets face it if it wasn't for foreign players ,the EPL wouldn't be up to much. That is why england fail miserably at national level.
Long may that continue.:cb

Beefster
09-12-2011, 07:25 PM
When Crawley Town win the EPL, I can't wait for the first person to say "they've always been my favourite English team". It'll be a hoot.

HH81
09-12-2011, 08:26 PM

Histon is clearly a better village than Cambridge.

nonshinyfinish
09-12-2011, 09:26 PM
Histon is clearly a better village than Cambridge.

Indeed, as evidenced by its world-class university.

GIRFUY Histon c****.

Carheenlea
09-12-2011, 09:35 PM
Got no interest at all in English football, honestly couldn't tell you who is top of the league.

I go and watch Galway Utd when I`m across there, and while I always hope they win, when they inevitably don`t, I`m not the remotely bit bothered. Just enjoy getting out to watch a game and have a few beers after.

Haymaker
10-12-2011, 03:47 AM
When Crawley Town win the EPL, I can't wait for the first person to say "they've always been my favourite English team". It'll be a hoot.

I can claim that I went to watch Crawley Town play when Stuart Hemsley played number 5.

SurreyHibbie can back that up, he took me there. My Brother got smacked in the face with a ball one game and bled all over the stand.

Just laying my claim to Crawley Town nice and early.