PDA

View Full Version : Yams Pfa scotland calls for hearts intervention

H18sry
08-12-2011, 04:23 PM
http://pfascotland.co.uk/2011/news/pfa-scotland-calls-for-hearts-intervention/

WindyMiller
08-12-2011, 04:28 PM
http://pfascotland.co.uk/2011/news/pfa-scotland-calls-for-hearts-intervention/

Shocking way to treat any workers, the associations should at least be mediating.

Spike Mandela
08-12-2011, 04:29 PM
Finally the blue touch paper has been lit but our lumbering institutions will take so long to do anythingi it could be a slow burn.

Andy74
Perhaps the players should complain first?

Saorsa
Well why don't those that are unhappy grow a pair and put in complaints.

BEEJ
08-12-2011, 04:30 PM
There is however a growing anger, frustration and a feeling of isolation amongst the players. Our members ask for the governing bodies to intervene and help resolve this matter. The governing bodies have an obligation to the integrity of the game in this country and it is imperative that from this aspect our members are paid.
Until the players themselves lodge a complaint, why should anyone else intervene?

“The situation is that one of our top clubs is in a poor position. All parties, including the SPL and SFA, are needed to help the club through this difficult period and ensure that there is a future for Hearts. Our members have certainly played their part; they would welcome support from elsewhere within the game.”
Unbelievable!

Why have some to provide a safety net for others financial irresponsibility? :rolleyes:

Hibercelona
08-12-2011, 04:31 PM
Shocking way to treat any workers, the associations should at least be mediating.

It would seem that they are far more concerned about their beloved Hearts than they are in ensuring that proper procedures are taken to ensure that players contracts are legally fulfilled.

Spike Mandela
08-12-2011, 04:32 PM
Perhaps the players should complain first?

As with most disputes it is better to let the union raise the issue than go it alone.

Sir David Gray
08-12-2011, 04:38 PM
I can't believe that none of the players have put in a complaint yet.

It's clear they have some serious financial problems at the club just now and it's not certain that those players who haven't been given their wages yet, will be paid anytime soon.

If it was me, I would be offski.

Spike Mandela
08-12-2011, 04:40 PM

It's clear they have some serious financial problems at the club just now and it's not certain that those players who haven't been given their wages yet, will be paid anytime soon.

I suspect this statement has been made with full support of the players, but why single themseves out?

Hibercelona
08-12-2011, 04:40 PM

It's because most of these players are fully aware that they're being paid well beyond their worth (when they actually get paid).

Some of them will be lucky to get a quarter of what they're on now at any other club, even if that club does pay them on time.

PatHead
08-12-2011, 04:50 PM
fair point about the players possibly getting injured. Doubt Hearts have paid their Bupa subscription either. If Hibs hadn't taken Yantorno under their wing when Gretna went under I am sure he would have struggled to get fit again. It is people's livliehoods at stake hear. Must admit if I was in their position I would need guarantees thet they would pay for any treatment before training, far less playing

SFA/SPL should get involved as it is making Scottish Football a laughing stock

WindyMiller
08-12-2011, 05:00 PM
As with most disputes it is better to let the union raise the issue than go it alone.

Correct.
That's why the unions were formed.
To protect workers from selfish and brutal management.

PaulSmith
08-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Again though underlying tone is that the very future of Hearts is in question right now.
It is not inconceivable that Hearts cease to be within the next couple of months.

WindyMiller
08-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Again though underlying tone is that the very future of Hearts is in question right now.
It is not inconceivable that Hearts cease to be within the next couple of months.

Don't get my hopes up.

Kammy1875
08-12-2011, 05:05 PM

:greengrin I'm going to ask Santa that's it's after the 2nd then :wink:

PaulSmith
08-12-2011, 05:10 PM
Don't get my hopes up.

Any business with zero cash flow to pay basics like wages is already on life support.

Any other liability due over the festive period will see them close for business IMO.

Lofarl
08-12-2011, 05:14 PM
God forbid:thumbsup:

matty_f
08-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Sergio pleaded with the players not to complain after the last non-payment. The players have been warned by the Lithuanian player(s?) what Vlad is capable of if he feels that they are being troublemakers, hence the reason they are reluctant to make formal complaints.

I don't envy their situation one little bit, and to be honest the players deserve some credit for biting the bullet as they're essentially acting in the club's best interests by keeping schtum about it all. That's despite the idiots on cutback.co.uk labelling half of them wage-thieves and dead-wood. Talk about gratitude!:rolleyes:

I think the PFA have been sensible here, they're publicly calling for action without it being detrimental to their members' positions at Hearts.

Something needs to be done, and IMHO the Yams should be docked points for it - it's completely unacceptable to offer contracts and sign players knowing full well that those contracts can't be honoured.

Saorsa
08-12-2011, 05:18 PM
Any business with zero cash flow to pay basics like wages is already on life support.

Any other liability due over the festive period will see them close for business IMO.what a shame that would be :hilarious

PaulSmith
08-12-2011, 05:18 PM
http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/dec/08/hearts-players-spl-unpaid-wages?cat=football&type=article

Now up another notch

PaulSmith
08-12-2011, 05:22 PM
Regarding PFA Scotland statement on Hearts: Scottish FA would be appeal body so cannot 'intervene'. SPL will release short statement soon.

This is from the SFA, looking forward to the SPL statement...

Phil D. Rolls
08-12-2011, 05:25 PM

Any other liability due over the festive period will see them close for business IMO.

They'll be praying for good weather. :agree:

MSK
08-12-2011, 05:29 PM

Any other liability due over the festive period will see them close for business IMO.You almost twanged my heart strings there ....ALMOST !!!! :hahaha: :brokenyam:

monktonharp
08-12-2011, 05:31 PM

Any other liability due over the festive period will see them close for business IMO.hope that would not mean auchinleck torag...........er, Talbot get a bye.:wink:

Kaiser1962
08-12-2011, 05:32 PM

Correct. Although I suspect the UK's festive holiday's may enable them to limp into January.

But you are totally getting the wrong end of the stick. Vlad has plenty money and could pay if he wanted to, he just doesn't want to. The players who are not being paid are not good enough for Hearts and this is a cunning way to get them off the books. Its all smoke and mirrors.

Apparently.:rolleyes:

Hibercelona
08-12-2011, 05:32 PM
I hope they go bust on Christmas Day. :agree:

monktonharp
08-12-2011, 05:35 PM
I hope they go bust on Christmas Day. :agree:the best christmas ever in the whole of the universe/galaxy etc etc

Jim44
08-12-2011, 05:36 PM

Much as I would love to see them wiped off the face of the earth, I honestly don't think there is the remotest possibility of this ever happening. If they were a 'minnow' club, I think they would be left to peter out but I reckon that things will come to such a head that the SPL, SFA, Players union, EDC, and possibly even UEFA will gather ranks and create a situation allowing Romanov to step away with no great financial loss. Hearts will be taken over by a consortium and will remain in the SPL as a going concern. There may be some temporary demise in their status but strings will be pulled to allow them to survive relatively unscathed. Sounds like anathema to us Hibbies but the best we can hope for is to see them squirm while the process evolves.

MSK
08-12-2011, 05:38 PM
the best christmas ever in the whole of the universe/galaxy etc etcI would even eat my sprouts should that happen !!! :dizzy

matty_f
08-12-2011, 05:40 PM
If the players get their wages after intervention from the relevant bodies, then I think they should probably be even more annoyed as it would show that the powers that be could have paid them at any point and have always had the means to do so.

That, to me, would be worse than not being paid because the club weren't able to.

Imagine getting your wages late and knowing that it was just down to your boss not wanting to pay you on time. I'd be raging.:agree:

Hibercelona
08-12-2011, 05:41 PM
Much as I would love to see them wiped off the face of the earth, I honestly don't think there is the remotest possibility of this ever happening. If they were a 'minnow' club, I think they would be left to peter out but I reckon that things will come to such a head that the SPL, SFA, Players union, EDC, and possibly even UEFA will gather ranks and create a situation allowing Romanov to step away with no great financial loss. Hearts will be taken over by a consortium and will remain in the SPL as a going concern. There may be some temporary demise in their status but strings will be pulled to allow them to survive relatively unscathed. Sounds like anathema to us Hibbies but the best we can hope for is to see them squirm while the process evolves.

Quit being so pessimistic.

Theres always hope of a bright and wonderful future. :wink:

matty_f
08-12-2011, 05:42 PM

I'm not sure that's true - the powers that be were happy enough to let us go to the wall back during the FTB's attempted takeover. Sir Tom Farmer's intervention was all that saved us, and I don't think there are many-if any- people with deep enough pockets to take a £50m hit on buying the Yams.

They could easily go to the way of the dodo.

Kaiser1962
08-12-2011, 05:53 PM
I'm not sure that's true - the powers that be were happy enough to let us go to the wall back during the FTB's attempted takeover. Sir Tom Farmer's intervention was all that saved us, and I don't think there are many-if any- people with deep enough pockets to take a £50m hit on buying the Yams.

They could easily go to the way of the dodo.

Thats the main problem they face. Farmer had to fork out around £3m twenty years ago, which was (and still is) a lot of money, but the game has changed and there are few, very few, individuals who could come up with that sort of cash. Farmer himself probably being one of the few but thats a non starter for them. Their best hope, IMO, is some sort of conglomerate that can do a deal with Vlad.

The next problem with that is that guys at that level tend not to work too well as part of some sort of committee approach, so that would become limiting again.

PeeKay
08-12-2011, 05:54 PM

Can't see that happening to be honest. It would set a precedent and lay the SPL, SFA and Players Union open to a huge liability if they had to step in to perform a similar service for Rangers. EDC might be stupid enough to step in, but they have no money, and UEFA would be quite glad for a team the size of the Yams to go bust. It would be big enough to be a lesson to others who spend beyond their means but not too big that it would damage the UEFA brand.

Hainan Hibs
08-12-2011, 06:02 PM
We can dust down the arguments made by Mercer for a one club city and convince the authorities that there really is no need to save the sinking Yambos ship:agree:

Gettin' Auld
08-12-2011, 06:05 PM
I would even eat my sprouts should that happen !!! :dizzy
Are you a contortionist? :wink:

Franck Stanton
08-12-2011, 06:06 PM

Oh please please let this be true and come to pass. Please Santa, make it happen.

Hibby70
08-12-2011, 06:10 PM
http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/dec/08/hearts-players-spl-unpaid-wages?cat=football&type=articleNow up another notch The special feature at the bottom of that article is quite aptNot everyone gets to enjoy the festive period with friends and family. Centrepoint is helping homeless and vulnerable young people to turn their lives around, starting with the warmth and safety of a room at Christmas. Find out how you can support its work. In association with Centrepoint

Jim44
08-12-2011, 06:23 PM
Still some Jambos think that this is all a non story and think the media are up to their old tricks - "who are we playing again at the weekend ...... the tattie munchers. Wouldn't put it past the media to try and unsettle our already unsettled players before the game." :greengrin

PaulSmith
08-12-2011, 06:34 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/6407137.stm

listen live now

Bishop Hibee
08-12-2011, 06:49 PM
Still some Jambos think that this is all a non story and think the media are up to their old tricks - "who are we playing again at the weekend ...... the tattie munchers. Wouldn't put it past the media to try and unsettle our already unsettled players before the game." :greengrin

It's comments like this from yams that make me hope that Hearts go bust asap :ostrich:

matty_f
08-12-2011, 06:52 PM
It's comments like this from yams that make me hope that Hearts go bust asap :ostrich:

The number of them that I've spoken to that seem to be embracing this situation is bizarre!

Just listening to Sportsound just now and they're talking about St Mirren looking for a buyer, which they have been doing for a few years. St Mirren are in a financially sound position, cracking wee stadium etc, with plenty potential for growth, and they're struggling to get someone to take it over.

Why on earth do the Yams think they'll have some numbnuts to come and buy them?

Kammy1875
08-12-2011, 06:56 PM
The number of them that I've spoken to that seem to be embracing this situation is bizarre!

Just listening to Sportsound just now and they're talking about St Mirren looking for a buyer, which they have been doing for a few years. St Mirren are in a financially sound position, cracking wee stadium etc, with plenty potential for growth, and they're struggling to get someone to take it over.

Why on earth do the Yams think they'll have some numbnuts to come and buy them?

It's the same twats pushing the "what's the alternative" line that now think they will be ok and someone will want to buy them because they are massive.

Said it before and I'll surely say it again, fannies to a man.

Bostonhibby
08-12-2011, 07:03 PM
I would even eat my sprouts should that happen !!! :dizzy

Typical, so you wouldn't consider donating them to the rescue fund?

woody47
08-12-2011, 07:10 PM
A wee bird told me earlier today that the players have been told they wont get their wages paid until February or March next year. If true its about time they grew a pair and did something about it. Winding up order please :agree:

Bostonhibby
08-12-2011, 07:10 PM

Jeez :crazy: so its the media then, and not the rather obvious concern that might be flowing from their employers inability to pay their wages and the statements of the owner himself thats the problem?. I doubt theres many other clubs where the fans would see the media alone as the root of their problem, this time round the media is quoting Vlad and the facts that come out about pay which are actually supported by the Hearts players reps, the PFA. The mutants can only be in denial, maybe it will dawn on them when it finally implodes, that will be the medias fault as well.

SQHib
08-12-2011, 07:13 PM
Regarding PFA Scotland statement on Hearts: Scottish FA would be appeal body so cannot 'intervene'. SPL will release short statement soon.

This is from the SFA, looking forward to the SPL statement...

here it is... http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s2&newsid=10880

grow a pair basically !

matty_f
08-12-2011, 07:32 PM
here it is... http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s2&newsid=10880

grow a pair basically !

That's poor, IMHO. Everyone can see what's happening here and the SPL are putting the players in an even worse situation than they already are.

The PFA stepping in was a great opportunity for the SPL to try and resolve the situation without compromising the players themselves.

Romanov will be loving this.

--------
08-12-2011, 07:37 PM
That's poor, IMHO. Everyone can see what's happening here and the SPL are putting the players in an even worse situation than they already are.

The PFA stepping in was a great opportunity for the SPL to try and resolve the situation without compromising the players themselves.

the SPL have to work by the rule-book and the letter of the law.

The last thing they want is for Captain Nemo's lawyers to sue THEM for irregularities in the process of arbitration. The SPL can't initiate a complaint on behalf of the playyers and then act as judge and jury. Romanov would crucify them. He may be a crook, and he may be off his trolley, but he ain't daft.

Besides - the players are the injured parties. They have to be the ones to initiate a complaint.

Mikey
08-12-2011, 07:40 PM

He's not the only one :cb

Spike Mandela
08-12-2011, 07:58 PM
Who is going to break ranks and do the right thing?

Where will the leadership come from withoust a Pressley, Hartley or Gordon? Certainly not from Zaliukas.

Unions and authorities toothless without a united will from the players who now need to take action or sit back and get walked over.

iwasthere1972
08-12-2011, 08:07 PM
“Article 14 of the FIFA Regulations for the Status and Transfer of Players allows for unilateral termination of a contract by a player for just cause; continual non payment of salaries can be seen as just cause. This may mean that players will be free to leave without any compensation to the club.

“Under the UEFA licencing system clubs cannot owe monies to players or other clubs at the end of December. Failure to deal with all outstanding football debt may result in the club being unable to play in Europe. UEFA will have to be informed of the wages debt.

So how many months can Hearts get away with not paying their players? Continual. 2 months, 3 months, 4 months or until the players have the bottle to walk out.

Answers on a postcard.

ginger_rice
08-12-2011, 08:16 PM
Who is going to break ranks and do the right thing?

Where will the leadership come from withoust a Pressley, Hartley or Gordon? Certainly not from Zaliukas.

Unions and authorities toothless without a united will from the players who now need to take action or sit back and get walked over.

That's it in a nutshell, the union can't do a great deal if the players don't approach them.

greenginger
08-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Tzar Vlad will see this as a peasant's revolt. In his Russian mind-set it is a challenge to his authority and a betrayal for all ( as he sees it )he has done for the football club. Vlad will count the millions spent and see the club and players as ungrateful serfs being provoked by the media and the SFA SPL and other assorted monkeys.

This will no doubt result in irrational retaliation by Vlad. I can see him pulling the plug on the whole place and making do with the titles to the PBS as compensation. :devil:

judas
08-12-2011, 08:50 PM
Correct.
That's why the unions were formed.
To protect workers from selfish and brutal management.

Just like that. How very idealistic. :wink:

Famous Fiver
08-12-2011, 09:04 PM
I don't know if it's been mentioned before but if they are not paying the players, who else are they not paying?

If, for instance, they are behind with payments to the Police and they come knocking for payment before agreeing to police their next home match, things could come to a head pretty quickly.

Is there an unsecured (Hibby) creditor out there willing to take some legal action? Seems to me that one little card could bring the whole pack tumbling down any day now.

Big Frank
08-12-2011, 09:23 PM
We can dust down the arguments made by Mercer for a one club city and convince the authorities that there really is no need to save the sinking Yambos ship:agree:

:top marks

Spot on.

MSK
08-12-2011, 09:25 PM
Typical, so you wouldn't consider donating them to the rescue fund?Absolutley .........nae ****ing chance ...:greengrin

Newry Hibs
08-12-2011, 09:35 PM
I have this horrible feeling that just as they are finally leaving the offices at Tynie after being kicked out on a Friday with closedown the next day, someone finds £1.50 in a cleared out desk drawer, puts it on the Euromillions and they win £100 million. Spawney gets.

Kato
08-12-2011, 10:06 PM
£1.50

I hope he does find one fifty. Two squids now for a EuroMillions!!

FranckSuzy
08-12-2011, 10:21 PM
'Some players claim they are running desperately short of money, with others in need of surgery for injuries, which needs to be paid for'. Eh? :confused: They are now not even able to pay for medical treatment for their player's?

degenerated
08-12-2011, 10:35 PM
'Some players claim they are running desperately short of money, with others in need of surgery for injuries, which needs to be paid for'. Eh? :confused: They are now not even able to pay for medical treatment for their player's?

It's Kevin Kyle that's in need of surgery and the club won't stump up for it.

FranckSuzy
08-12-2011, 10:38 PM

Och that's ok then :greengrin Seriously though, how dire must things be? :pray:

EuanH78
08-12-2011, 10:39 PM

Kickback reporting he's being treated by Killie physio but that has nothing to do with the situation they are in....apparently

Dr Jimmy
08-12-2011, 11:05 PM
It's Kevin Kyle that's in need of surgery and the club won't stump up for it.Apparently their insurance won't pay for another arse-face transplant for him.

NOLA
09-12-2011, 12:17 AM
Apparently their insurance won't pay for another arse-face transplant for him. :greengrin

johnrebus
09-12-2011, 11:10 AM
Seriously though, what is going on with Fraser Wishart and the PFA.

Its pretty simple. Send in an official letter of complaint to SPL and then the SPL are duty bound to act.

Instead, we have him whingeing on and on at BBC Radio Scotland last night blaming everyone in sight for the predicament of the players, but yet refusing to acknowledge that the solution is simple.

Make an official complaint.

But no, its more like a bairn running to his mum, saying, 'No mum, its a big boy we're dealing with, you do it for me, I'll just get into more trouble'.

Absolutely ****ing pathetic.

:slipper:

Andy74
09-12-2011, 11:14 AM
Seriously though, what is going on with Fraser Wishart and the PFA.

Its pretty simple. Send in an official letter of complaint to SPL and then the SPL are duty bound to act.

Instead, we have him whingeing on and on at BBC Radio Scotland last night blaming everyone in sight for the predicament of the players, but yet refusing to acknowledge that the solution is simple.

Make an official complaint.

But no, its more like a bairn running to his mum, saying, 'No mum, its a big boy we're dealing with, you do it for me, I'll just get into more trouble'.

Absolutely ****ing pathetic.

:slipper:

The PFA can only act in representing the players. If the players themsleves do not wish to make a complaint to the SPL then the PFA can't do it for them.

Their statement yesterday was an attempt to do that but rightly the SPL have said this is an issue for the players.

No union should be acting off its own back.

johnrebus
09-12-2011, 11:19 AM
The PFA can only act in representing the players. If the players themsleves do not wish to make a complaint to the SPL then the PFA can't do it for them.

Their statement yesterday was an attempt to do that but rightly the SPL have said this is an issue for the players.

Am not saying they should, but Wishart should be concentrating on telling the players to grow a pair and make an official complaint instead of trying to deflect the blame onto other organisations.

:rules:

Andy74
09-12-2011, 11:31 AM

Am not saying they should, but Wishart should be concentrating on telling the players to grow a pair and make an official complaint instead of trying to deflect the blame onto other organisations.

:rules:

Agreed, and I think it is now past the stage where they have to be concerned about making it worse for themslves. The SPL would surely also be able to ensure that however they are treated it is above board.

IWasThere2016
09-12-2011, 11:37 AM
Which player is the Yams' PFA rep???

Hearing he has walked out on them ..

Kammy1875
09-12-2011, 11:43 AM
Which player is the Yams' PFA rep???

Hearing he has walked out on them ..

Walked out on the PFA or the team?

IWasThere2016
09-12-2011, 12:28 PM
Walked out on the PFA or the team?

Team .. c'mon hurry up and find oot!!!

Thecat23
09-12-2011, 12:42 PM
So a player has defo walked from hearts?

Www1875hfc
09-12-2011, 12:45 PM
Taken from BBC Radio Sportsound.

Hearts players are considering their next step after the SPL and the SFA both said they couldn't intervene in the wages dispute with the club. What do you think of what's going on? Should the players or the football authorities be taking a stronger stance? Former club captain Gary Mackay to join us on Sportsound from 6:10pm BBC Radio Scotland 810 Medium Wave Digital and Online

Gary should hold an auction for his winners medals and put all proceeds to help pay the wages of his fellow pro's :greengrin

johnrebus
09-12-2011, 12:45 PM
Team .. c'mon hurry up and find oot!!!

:agree:

Surely the hibs.net team have a man posted at Riccarton?

Maybe the battery in his phone has run out?

It really is'nt good enough, where have all the admin ****** gone anyway? More scarce than a quote from Chris Robinson......,

Shocking.

:fuming:

IWasThere2016
09-12-2011, 12:49 PM
So a player has defo walked from hearts?

Apparently - their PFA rep has walked. He is Scottish.

For some reason you boys in Edinburgh ken nothing!! :wink: :greengrin

IWasThere2016
09-12-2011, 12:50 PM

Hearts players are considering their next step after the SPL and the SFA both said they couldn't intervene in the wages dispute with the club. What do you think of what's going on? Should the players or the football authorities be taking a stronger stance? Former club captain Gary Mackay to join us on Sportsound from 6:10pm BBC Radio Scotland 810 Medium Wave Digital and OnlineGary should hold an auction for his winners medals and put all proceeds to help pay the wages of his fellow pro's :greengrin

Cannae wait - this will be priceless! :faf:

robinp
09-12-2011, 12:50 PM

Hearts players are considering their next step after the SPL and the SFA both said they couldn't intervene in the wages dispute with the club. What do you think of what's going on? Should the players or the football authorities be taking a stronger stance? Former club captain Gary Mackay to join us on Sportsound from 6:10pm BBC Radio Scotland 810 Medium Wave Digital and Online

Gary should hold an auction for his winners medals and put all proceeds to help pay the wages of his fellow pro's :greengrin

Speak to his son, I'm sure he has plenty 'hot' cash sitting waiting to be moved on! :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
09-12-2011, 12:59 PM
Apparently - their PFA rep has walked. He is Scottish.

For some reason you boys in Edinburgh ken nothing!! :wink: :greengrin

Heard the same - I'm also keeping it secret. :wink::greengrin etc etc

banchoryhibs
09-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Damn PFA Scotland site says

"At present, the list of club delegates is being revised as a consequence of player turnover over the close season but will be available shortly."

You gonna give us a clue TQM?

CyberSauzee
09-12-2011, 03:16 PM
PFA rep you would think would be a more senior member of the squad. Got to be either Webster, Black or Kyle. My money's on Webster.

GreenCastle
09-12-2011, 03:18 PM
I heard something happened at the training ground yesterday...:hmmm:

robinp
09-12-2011, 03:19 PM
PFA rep you would think would be a more senior member of the squad. Got to be either Webster, Black or Kyle. My money's on Webster.

Yes I'd say either Webster or Barr.

CyberSauzee
09-12-2011, 03:26 PM
I heard something happened at the training ground yesterday...:hmmm:

Yes, I heard it was wheelbarrow races and star jumps as they've had to sell the footballs.

Spike Mandela
09-12-2011, 03:42 PM
Other players at other clubs who are members of the PFA should be encouraging Hearts players to make a stance and offer their full backing regarding any strike.

If Vlad is allowed to get away with this I am sure beleaguered owners of other clubs willl see this as an easy way out of their own cash flow problems.

Players need to see the bigger picture. Could you imagine if strike action started to affect other SPL clubs, i bet the SPL would get involved then.

Hibs Class
09-12-2011, 04:22 PM
Other players at other clubs who are members of the PFA should be encouraging Hearts players to make a stance and offer their full backing regarding any strike.

If Vlad is allowed to get away with this I am sure beleaguered owners of other clubs willl see this as an easy way out of their own cash flow problems.

Players need to see the bigger picture. Could you imagine if strike action started to affect other SPL clubs, i bet the SPL would get involved then.

I don't see any justification for players at any other club to get involved and certainly not to contemplate any strike action.

PeeKay
09-12-2011, 04:55 PM
I don't see any justification for players at any other club to get involved and certainly not to contemplate any strike action.

Didn't Thatcher make secondary strike action illegal? Anyway, why should our players strike to maintain unsustainable wages at Tynie?

Dashing Bob S
09-12-2011, 05:04 PM
Yes I'd say either Webster or Barr.

If Barr represents them off the pitch with anything like the distinguished aplomb he does on it, then it could be a rough Easter as well as Christmas for Los Yambolinos.

Spike Mandela
09-12-2011, 05:12 PM
Didn't Thatcher make secondary strike action illegal? Anyway, why should our players strike to maintain unsustainable wages at Tynie?

For the reason I gave in my post. What is to stop John Yorkston, Stewart Milne or any other owner stopping paying wages to ease financial worries if they see Vlad get away with it?

BEEJ
09-12-2011, 05:12 PM

Right. :Ummm:

So you would encourage our players to come out on strike - thereby undermining the cashflow and finances of our club - in order to show solidarity with the players of a club that has been run like a circus for several seasons now?

These players knew what they were getting into when they signed on at the PBS. This kind of behaviour from Vlad has been public knowledge for years. Meantime the majority of other club owners in this country are not so detached from public life here as Vlad is; several have other business interests. They could not get away with similar corporate behaviour, even if they were tempted to try.

I usually agree with your posts. But I think it's time to set aside that idealistic streak.

Spike Mandela
09-12-2011, 05:19 PM
Right. :Ummm:

So you would encourage our players to come out on strike - thereby undermining the cashflow and finances of our club - in order to show solidarity with the players of a club that has been run like a circus for several seasons now?

These players knew what they were getting into when they signed on at the PBS. This kind of behaviour from Vlad has been public knowledge for years. Meantime the majority of other club owners in this country are not so detached from public life here as Vlad is; several have other business interests. They could not get away with similar corporate behaviour, even if they were tempted to try.

I usually agree with your posts. But I think it's time to set aside that idealistic streak.

The point I am trying to make Beej(albeit poorly) is for action to be taken to help Players and for Hearts to be brought to task on this issue there needs to be solidarity from the players, Hearts players in the first instance, but other players need to be careful no precedant is set here.

I know it is hard to put aside all the shocking business practices carried out by Vlad and Hearts but in truth the players, no matter how misguided, are just employees in the football industry.

blackpoolhibs
09-12-2011, 05:39 PM
The point I am trying to make Beej(albeit poorly) is for action to be taken to help Players and for Hearts to be brought to task on this issue there needs to be solidarity from the players, Hearts players in the first instance, but other players need to be careful no precedant is set here.

I know it is hard to put aside all the shocking business practices carried out by Vlad and Hearts but in truth the players, no matter how misguided, are just employees in the football industry.

I dont think they are misguided, i think they were just greedy. I think it would be misguided for anyone to strike on their behalf, anyone signing for that mob knew what the risks were, and what the consequences were.

--------
09-12-2011, 05:47 PM

Because unsustainable wages at Tynecastle will inevitably entrench the Yams deeper and deeper in the merde? :greengrin

But I agree - there's absolutely no good reason for players at other clubs to damage their own employers to help out a bunch of mercenaries who clearly don't have the backbone to stand up for themselves in the first place.

this isn't about bad practice prevalemt among all Scottish football clubs.

It's about Hearts and Romanov and nobody else.

GreenCastle
09-12-2011, 06:01 PM
Yes, I heard it was wheelbarrow races and star jumps as they've had to sell the footballs.

:greengrin:thumbsup:

--------
09-12-2011, 06:10 PM
For the reason I gave in my post. What is to stop John Yorkston, Stewart Milne or any other owner stopping paying wages to ease financial worries if they see Vlad get away with it?

Perhaps because they're in Scotland, their financial holdings are in the UK, and that therefore legal action against them would be a lot more straightforward than similar action against a Lithuanian crook like Romanov?

So the Hibs players go on strike to support this bunch at Tynie? Who do they hurt? Vlad? I don't think so. They hurt Hibernian, and the Hibernian fans, and the owner and board of Hibernian FC. And themselves.

Do you really think that Webster and Black and Co are going to grateful? We're not talking about the Third International here - we're talking about a bunch of overpaid prima-donnas who willingly entered into a contract with VR, and now are getting their fingers burned because guess what? VR's a crook.

Hard cheese.

Hibercelona
09-12-2011, 06:12 PM
Perhaps because they're in Scotland, their financial holdings are in the UK, and that therefore legal action against them would be a lot more straightforward than similar action against a Lithuanian crook like Romanov?

So the Hibs players go on strike to support this bunch at Tynie? Who do they hurt? Vlad? I don't think so. They hurt Hibernian, and the Hibernian fans, and the owner and board of Hibernian FC. And themselves.

Do you really think that Webster and Black and Co are going to grateful? We're not talking about the Third International here - we're talking about a bunch of overpaid prima-donnas who willingly entered into a contract with VR, and now are getting their fingers burned because guess what? VR's a crook.

Hard cheese.

Spot on! :agree:

hibs0666
09-12-2011, 06:14 PM
McKay on BBC radio just now - I'm looking forwards to feeling the barsteward's pain. :thumbsup:

Moaning that the governing bodies are not sorting players payments out.

Not sure if players will make a complaint - players are scared of repercussions from Romanov.

Reckons he's got 22 players at the yams. He's going to be one busy rascist over xmas. :not worth

Wants Romanov to take his debt with him back to Lithuania.

Fancies a wee bet on the yams at 10's tomorrow. :aok:

No players xmas party this year. :greengrin

Advice to players - get heads down and work hard tomorrow.

Reckons they should have been asking questions from the moment that Burley went. Well, canny say we didn't warn them.

Not prepared to say whether or not the yams are top six material.

And with that he trotted off to polish his winners medals. :na na:

Hibercelona
09-12-2011, 06:21 PM
No Christmas party for the yambams this year. :greengrin

He says the players are "Just no really up for it".

More like the club are just too skint to afford one. :faf:

IWasThere2016
09-12-2011, 06:27 PM
McKay's hurting - fabulous! Ta ta Yams!

Mikey
09-12-2011, 06:31 PM
Fancies a wee bet on the yams at 10's tomorrow. :aok:

There's more chance of there being a 10 in the scoreline than there is of that lot winning.

--------
09-12-2011, 06:34 PM
Wants Romanov to take his debt with him back to Lithuania.

Reckons they should have been asking questions from the moment that Burley went. Well, canny say we didn't warn them.

So he wants Romanov to write off the whole indebtedness of the Hearts operation? Not asking much.

And he's finally wakened up and realised that Romanov's sacking Burley with the team unbeaten in how many - twelve games? - was a bad sign? Wow!

He has 22 players signed up with them - he's not a football agent, he's Vlad's recruiting sergeant. He's sold every one of those players right down the river. The SFA should be investigating HIM as well as Romanov - just as soon as one of his clients finds the backbone to lodge a formal complaint.

fatbloke
09-12-2011, 06:53 PM
Qatari royal family anyone. According to STV Fatty has approached trhem.

leither17
09-12-2011, 07:05 PM
Hahaha that's class can you do that for every interview you hear
McKay on BBC radio just now - I'm looking forwards to feeling the barsteward's pain. :thumbsup:Moaning that the governing bodies are not sorting players payments out.Not sure if players will make a complaint - players are scared of repercussions from Romanov.Reckons he's got 22 players at the yams. He's going to be one busy rascist over xmas. :not worthWants Romanov to take his debt with him back to Lithuania.Fancies a wee bet on the yams at 10's tomorrow. :aok:No players xmas party this year. :greengrinAdvice to players - get heads down and work hard tomorrow.Reckons they should have been asking questions from the moment that Burley went. Well, canny say we didn't warn them.Not prepared to say whether or not the yams are top six material.And with that he trotted off to polish his winners medals. :na na: h

Spike Mandela
09-12-2011, 07:10 PM
Qatari royal family anyone. According to STV Fatty has approached trhem.

Apart from the fact that a Lord of the realm approaching an Arab Royal Family has the stench of dastardly deeds being done why would a mega rich oil soaked monarchy invest in Hearts when they could pick up a Sunderland or Stoke?

Desperate stuff.:rolleyes:

Eyrie
09-12-2011, 07:49 PM
Not sure if players will make a complaint - players are scared of repercussions from Romanov.
We keep hearing this line about their players. What exactly can Vlad do to them, especially those who are out of contract at the end of the season anyway?

Reckons he's got 22 players at the yams. He's going to be one busy rascist over xmas. :not worth
Nice little earner for him each time he can shift a player.

clerriehibs
09-12-2011, 08:08 PM

RBS and BoS staff are generally members of the same union. If RBS staff have a gripe with RBS management, and feel the need to go on strike, BoS staff don't go on strike as well, and vice versa.

If Hearts players for whatever reason don't have the desire to go on strike, then that's their problem. If Hearts players do find it within themselves to go on strike, then it's STILL their problem.

There's absolutely NO reason for employes who are happy with their employers to go on strike in support of employees of another company, whether they're on strike or not. AND WHY WOULD YOU, if your own employer has done nothing to cross you?

There's nothing that Hibs or any other club can or should do to force the mad one's hand. If the organisational bodies decide they have to do something, then that probably is their prerogative.