PDA

View Full Version : Greein faced yams on the radio lide chic young

doddsy
08-12-2011, 10:30 AM
Listening to the likes of chic young and others about the state of hearts finances is so weird, as if they havent known for years that hearts still owe millions for upgrades to ***********, about 36 million to romanov at the last count. Why dont the bbc and others take the maroon blinkers off and put on more unbiased footie commentators to listen to about the well run clubs like th hibs st johnstone stmirren celtic et cetera. 2-0 to the hibs on sat against the gers.

doddsy
08-12-2011, 11:02 AM
Heard chic young crowing about hibs not having won the scots cup during his lifetime. Hes also frequently greetin like a bairn about the state of the yams finances, as if its not their own fault, och poor wee babbies that they are. Could do without chic young and his bias on the airwaves. Gaun the hibees

ahibby
08-12-2011, 11:09 AM
Heard chic young crowing about hibs not having won the scots cup during his lifetime. Hes also frequently greetin like a bairn about the state of the yams finances, as if its not their own fault, och poor wee babbies that they are. Could do without chic young and his bias on the airwaves. Gaun the hibees

We haven't won the Scottish Cup in any current Hibs fan's lifetime as far as I know, never mind his lifetime. I wouldn't blame him for being factual. I know he has enjoyed being in Hibs fans company in past World cups so I don't think he is anti Hibs, but his job is to drum up some controversy from time to time to keep everyone on their toes. His club has won the cup in his lifetime, he doesn't have a lot to crow about regarding St Mirren so he is entitled to that. I don't know what he is on about Hearts, I agree it's their own fault but was probably the only option to them at the time. Their financial situation does look bad but personally I feel it could all disappear if the right deal is done, without them disappearing. It's not impossible that someone will buy Romanov out and the debt disappears with him, but they won't buy it for £50 million. He might settle for a much smaller sum just to get it off his back.

truehibernian
08-12-2011, 11:34 AM
We haven't won the Scottish Cup in any current Hibs fan's lifetime as far as I know, never mind his lifetime. I wouldn't blame him for being factual. I know he has enjoyed being in Hibs fans company in past World cups so I don't think he is anti Hibs, but his job is to drum up some controversy from time to time to keep everyone on their toes. His club has won the cup in his lifetime, he doesn't have a lot to crow about regarding St Mirren so he is entitled to that. I don't know what he is on about Hearts, I agree it's their own fault but was probably the only option to them at the time. Their financial situation does look bad but personally I feel it could all disappear if the right deal is done, without them disappearing. It's not impossible that someone will buy Romanov out and the debt disappears with him, but they won't buy it for £50 million. He might settle for a much smaller sum just to get it off his back.

:agree:

Chick has also supported nearly every other SPL club during his lifetime (at some stage). Actually quite a good footballer believe it or not. But sometimes makes an absolute national of himself on the airwaves.......last weekend being a prime example when he screamed Dunfermline had equalised, when in fact he had forgotten Rangers were 2-0 up........good value for radio though. Him and Robbie Savage on 5LIve make radio more entertaining IMHO........I mean could anyone really spend an afternoon listening to Charlie 'mogadon' Mann or Jim 'face shaped like a football' Traynor ?

silverhibee
08-12-2011, 12:49 PM

Chick has also supported nearly every other SPL club during his lifetime (at some stage). Actually quite a good footballer believe it or not. But sometimes makes an absolute national of himself on the airwaves.......last weekend being a prime example when he screamed Dunfermline had equalised, when in fact he had forgotten Rangers were 2-0 up........good value for radio though. Him and Robbie Savage on 5LIve make radio more entertaining IMHO........I mean could anyone really spend an afternoon listening to Charlie 'mogadon' Mann or Jim 'face shaped like a football' Traynor ?

Chick is a good guy, slavers some nonsense at times on the radio, but away from it he is a gentleman, been in his company a number of times and always a good guy to talk to about football.

Pretty Boy
08-12-2011, 01:03 PM
Chick is a good guy, slavers some nonsense at times on the radio, but away from it he is a gentleman, been in his company a number of times and always a good guy to talk to about football.

Would agree with this. chick comes accross as a bit of an erse in his columns and on the radio but his job is to play the fool and wind the other pundits up. Bob Crampsey he ain't.

I met him quite recently and he seemed a decent guy and said he really hates being accused of being a hun.

Then again I'm always telling folk Neil Lennon is an absolute gent away from the football park so maybe I'm not the best character reference.

silverhibee
08-12-2011, 01:59 PM
Would agree with this. chick comes accross as a bit of an erse in his columns and on the radio but his job is to play the fool and wind the other pundits up. Bob Crampsey he ain't.

I met him quite recently and he seemed a decent guy and said he really hates being accused of being a hun.

Then again I'm always telling folk Neil Lennon is an absolute gent away from the football park so maybe I'm not the best character reference.

And you would be right in saying that, also been in his company a number of times and he is a gent away from football, really nice guy to talk to, no to keen on his baccy chewing mind you. :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
08-12-2011, 05:19 PM

I heard he was a speaker at a dinner once and was so drunk that he was practically asleep in the soup. Probably a one off, but it just goes to show that not everyone has the same experiences.