HibbyAndy
07-12-2011, 09:49 PM
:hilarious

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:faf::faf::faf::rotflmao::rotflmao:

:hilarious

Hibernia Na Eir
07-12-2011, 09:57 PM
in particular City. What a disaster for them!

nonshinyfinish
07-12-2011, 10:00 PM

Really?

City had a tough group, albeit one you'd expect them to progress from based on their domestic form.

Man United on the other hand...

magpie1892
07-12-2011, 10:02 PM

Not really. They need to 'grow' into CL football. Look at Chelsea for example - three titles but no joy in the CL whereas Liverpool have despite not winning the 1st/Prem for 20 years.

This is one of those times I wish the hun were still in Europe and got City, who'd put eight past them.

Kammy1875
07-12-2011, 10:04 PM
Not really. They need to 'grow' into CL football. Look at Chelsea for example - three titles but no joy in the CL whereas Liverpool have despite not winning the 1st/Prem for 20 years.

This is one of those times I wish the hun were still in Europe and got City, who'd put eight past them.

Grow into CL football like Napoli and there first time venture into it or yon team from Cyprus?

H18sry
07-12-2011, 10:07 PM
:hilarious:hilarious

HibbyAndy
07-12-2011, 10:09 PM
:hilarious:hilarious

:hilarious :top marks

Danderhall Hibs
07-12-2011, 10:13 PM
Grow into CL football like Napoli and there first time venture into it or yon team from Cyprus?

Did you see the group the Cypriot team were in? Don't know how the seedings worked there but it was 4 middle road teams - even Man U would've got out that group.

Kammy1875
07-12-2011, 10:14 PM
Did you see the group the Cypriot team were in? Don't know how the seedings worked there but it was 4 middle road teams - even Man U would've got out that group.

Europa league winners Porto and big spending Zenit?

Porto are better than Benfica so I highly doubt they would have topped it.

Danderhall Hibs
07-12-2011, 10:19 PM
Europa league winners Porto and big spending Zenit?

Porto are better than Benfica so I highly doubt they would have topped it.

Yip that group. UEFA arsed up the seedings for that one.

PatHead
07-12-2011, 10:24 PM
Will it affect English co-efficient. Would be interesting if only 3 teams qualified next season

heretoday
07-12-2011, 10:31 PM
Fergie looked fed up. Lost Vidic again. His defence is mince.

Basel were pretty lucky to survive. That Shaqiri is good. Built like Messi.

WarringtonHibee
07-12-2011, 10:41 PM
Channel 5 and ITV 4 are set to launch a new Manchester-based reality show called TOWIE - The Only Way is Europa

essexhibee
07-12-2011, 10:47 PM
Hahahahah GIRFUY city.

Utd just simply aernt good enough...I mean what world class players do they have? Rooney yes...vidic and Ferdinand maybe. The premier league isnt half as good as its made out to be. United need to buy some real class before they are a force in Europe again.

The barca's, bayerns, real madrid's must be happy teams tonight knowing they could be coming up against basel and some cyrpriot mob.

Hibs90
07-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Why is Sybil Fawlty like Alex Ferguson?
They both hate getting ****ed by Basil.

Tip for Man Utd fans: when you're next cooking dinner, remember, some extra thyme's nice but you can't beat Basel.

looks like man united will be Home And Away in europa on channel 5 same as their Neighbours man city

lyonhibs
07-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Hahahahah GIRFUY city.

Utd just simply aernt good enough...I mean what world class players do they have? Rooney yes...vidic and Ferdinand definitely not, as the quaver-lipped bellend's legs are shot at the top level The premier league isnt half as good as its made out to be. United need to buy some real class before they are a force in Europe again.

The barca's, bayerns, real madrid's must be happy teams tonight knowing they could be coming up against basel and some cyrpriot mob.

Just making a quick amendment there for you :cb :aok:

NAE NOOKIE
08-12-2011, 10:44 AM
The Champions? league is a mega bore fest, set up in such a way as to ensure that the biggest clubs with the most money get to the semi finals. Unfortunately the Europa league is heading in the same direction.

Football ( especially European and International football ) is now set up purely to satisfy the TV companies and TV viewers.

When you set up competitions the way FIFA and UEFA do then the result is that the teams at the top stay at the top, yeh there might be the odd glitch along the way due to a cock up with the seeding, but at the end of the day the clubs with mega pots of cash will prevail. Just watch Man City over the next few years.

Since 2000 here are the CL finalists

Bayern Munich v Valencia
Real Madrid v Bayer Leverkusen
A/C Milan v Juventus
Porto v Monaco
Liverpool v A/C Milan
Barcelona v Arsenal
A/C Milan v Liverpool
Man Utd v Chelsea
Barcelona v Man Utd
Inter Milan v Bayern Munich
Barcelona v Man Utd

Apart from Porto, Monaco and possibly Leverkusen its the usual suspects. Rich clubs from rich leagues.

Where are Malmo, celtic, Panathinaikos, Ajax, PSV, Feynoord etc

The European cup was usually won by big clubs from big leagues, but every now and again a club would pop up in the final who just happened to have a great manager, or had gotten lucky with home grown players ( E.G. celtic, ajax ) If an unfashionable club is ever going to win it again it will be Russian or some other Eastern European club who have had pots and pots of cash thrown at them.

As for the new UEFA rules on income etc. It will clip the wings of some clubs ( Man City ) but at the end of the day it will still be the clubs with the biggest turnover who benefit.

Perhaps every 4th tournament the groups should be made by a free for all draw, now that would be interesting.

jacomo
08-12-2011, 01:56 PM
Man City had a tough group but you can't make excuses for them - they have quality and experience throughout the squad. This was, I think, Mancini's 5th crack at the CL (including his time at Inter) and you have to wonder just how good he is.

Agree with others, Man Utd just aren't all that great. Defence and midfield both seem a lot weaker than a few years' ago.

Haymaker
08-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Man City had a tough group but you can't make excuses for them - they have quality and experience throughout the squad. This was, I think, Mancini's 5th crack at the CL (including his time at Inter) and you have to wonder just how good he is.

Not very, I dont rate him very highly. Yes he won at Inter (without serious competition IIRC, AC and Juve were down after the betting scandal) but he failed in the CL. Mourinho came in and two years later had virtually the same team winning the CL.

He is blessed with a fantastic squad at City, no doubt, but CL games are a different kettle of fish.

H18sry
08-12-2011, 02:39 PM
The new Man City and Man Utd fragrance for this Christmas.

Channel No.5 :aok:

Pretty Boy
08-12-2011, 02:52 PM
The Champions? league is a mega bore fest, set up in such a way as to ensure that the biggest clubs with the most money get to the semi finals. Unfortunately the Europa league is heading in the same direction.

Football ( especially European and International football ) is now set up purely to satisfy the TV companies and TV viewers.

When you set up competitions the way FIFA and UEFA do then the result is that the teams at the top stay at the top, yeh there might be the odd glitch along the way due to a cock up with the seeding, but at the end of the day the clubs with mega pots of cash will prevail. Just watch Man City over the next few years.

Since 2000 here are the CL finalists

Bayern Munich v Valencia
Real Madrid v Bayer Leverkusen
A/C Milan v Juventus
Porto v Monaco
Liverpool v A/C Milan
Barcelona v Arsenal
A/C Milan v Liverpool
Man Utd v Chelsea
Barcelona v Man Utd
Inter Milan v Bayern Munich
Barcelona v Man Utd

Apart from Porto, Monaco and possibly Leverkusen its the usual suspects. Rich clubs from rich leagues.

Where are Malmo, celtic, Panathinaikos, Ajax, PSV, Feynoord etc

The European cup was usually won by big clubs from big leagues, but every now and again a club would pop up in the final who just happened to have a great manager, or had gotten lucky with home grown players ( E.G. celtic, ajax ) If an unfashionable club is ever going to win it again it will be Russian or some other Eastern European club who have had pots and pots of cash thrown at them.

As for the new UEFA rules on income etc. It will clip the wings of some clubs ( Man City ) but at the end of the day it will still be the clubs with the biggest turnover who benefit.

Perhaps every 4th tournament the groups should be made by a free for all draw, now that would be interesting.

I was saying this the other day. The Champions League is ****ing boring

Even watching Barcelona, a team whom I had a season ticket to watch, leaves me cold.

The sooner all these super clubs and noveau rich clubs piss off and form their own league and leave the rest of us to enjoy normal football again the better.

Kammy1875
08-12-2011, 03:24 PM
I was saying this the other day. The Champions League is ****ing boring

Even watching Barcelona, a team whom I had a season ticket to watch, leaves me cold.

The sooner all these super clubs and noveau rich clubs piss off and form their own league and leave the rest of us to enjoy normal football again the better.

Normal football like the **** fest that is the SPL? Or the **** fest which is the Premiership without the top teams?

:confused:

bod
08-12-2011, 03:36 PM
wish we'd crashed into the europa league

Pretty Boy
08-12-2011, 08:10 PM
Normal football like the **** fest that is the SPL? Or the **** fest which is the Premiership without the top teams?

:confused:

Normal football like the SPL and the EPL were when I first remember them in the late 80s and 90s before money went mad. The football was pretty decent but the league was reasonably competitive.

Scouse Hibee
08-12-2011, 08:18 PM
Due to Manchester uniteds untimely and unexpected exit from the champions league there is to be a minutes laughter before all premiership games this weekend.:faf:

LamontHFC©
08-12-2011, 08:31 PM
Due to Manchester uniteds untimely and unexpected exit from the champions league there is to be a minutes laughter before all premiership games this weekend.:faf:

Not a United fan, but this is rich coming from a Liverpool fan! ha.

Scouse Hibee
08-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Not a United fan, but this is rich coming from a Liverpool fan! ha.

Never miss an oportunity.........................we know we're not good enough for the CL although we have been in the past! Liverpool fans have as much right to gloat as anyone else! HA.