07-12-2011, 07:22 PM
1-0 City

Love the Green
07-12-2011, 07:22 PM
get in there CITY

keep the faith

frazeHFC
07-12-2011, 07:23 PM
Behind Messi and Ronaldo, Silva is the best player in the world imo. A class act. What a goal! :thumbsup:

francobaresi
07-12-2011, 07:24 PM
C'mon Bayern, get into these wannabes..:wink:

And c'mon Man U, get the finger oot...

PISTOL1875
07-12-2011, 07:34 PM
Behind Messi and Ronaldo, Silva is the best player in the world imo. A class act. What a goal! :thumbsup:

Just behind Messi...

Love the Green
07-12-2011, 07:35 PM
C'mon Bayern, get into these wannabes..:wink:

And c'mon Man U, get the finger oot...

SO JEALOUS, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS
Is nobody else allowed to win games except U*****D.
The truth is out there... CITY are the real deal and here to stay so get used to it.

keep the green and :thumbsup:blue moon faith

HH81
07-12-2011, 07:36 PM
How can man united struggle in the easiest group I have seen in the champions league?

francobaresi
07-12-2011, 07:38 PM
I agree with you I think City could be the real deal, never mind, United have had the Lions share in recent seasons... Time to regroup and rebuild... Give the wee guys a chance:wink:

francobaresi
07-12-2011, 07:40 PM
How can man united struggle in the easiest group I have seen in the champions league?

They are not as good as they think they are and this season they are being asked questions and failing to answer them...

Love the Green
07-12-2011, 07:41 PM
I agree with you I think City could be the real deal, never mind, United have had the Lions share in recent seasons... Time to regroup and rebuild... Give the wee guys a chance:wink:

wee guys I assume you mean agquero ansd silva
or maybe shiek manssor ans his 19billion personal wallet

keep the faith :agree:

SteveHFC
07-12-2011, 07:54 PM
2-0 City

francobaresi
07-12-2011, 07:59 PM
Still time for Manu Bayern double :wink:

Love the Green
07-12-2011, 08:05 PM
Still time for Manu Bayern double :wink:

same style as united's treble last season
keep the faith:wink:

Sean1875
07-12-2011, 08:06 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS INLER, SCREAMER :not worth:not worth:not worth 1-0 NAPOLI!

Onceinawhile
07-12-2011, 08:10 PM
Would be great if both Manchester teams go out and then Rooney loser his appeal tomorrow.

HH81
07-12-2011, 08:10 PM
I guess an Italian goal is all man u fans can cheer at this stage?

Sean1875
07-12-2011, 08:18 PM
HAMSIK 2-0!!!!
City :bye::faf:

SteveHFC
07-12-2011, 08:20 PM
Haha City :faf::faf:

PiemanP
07-12-2011, 08:26 PM
Basle pitch looks rank! Be interesting to see how both manchester clubs approach the europa cup.

Man utd should have cake walked that group though.

Potentially 5 english teams in there with spuds, stoke and fulham, potential for some good ties.

Barney McGrew
07-12-2011, 08:26 PM
Both Manchester clubs getting papped out would be hilarious

SteveHFC
07-12-2011, 08:27 PM
Both Manchester clubs getting papped out would be hilarious

Agreed

Sodje_18
Basel :not worth:not worth:not worth

HH81
Basel are class.

SteveHFC
07-12-2011, 08:29 PM
Man City :faf:

Man Utd :faf:

Sean1875
07-12-2011, 08:29 PM
what a night :thumbsup:

Love the Green
07-12-2011, 08:30 PM
what a night :thumbsup:

why

SteveHFC
07-12-2011, 08:30 PM
why

Both Manchester Clubs out of Europe :thumbsup:

Sean1875
07-12-2011, 08:31 PM
Both Manchester Clubs out of Europe :thumbsup:
Spot on that man. Thought it might have been quite an obvious answer :greengrin

Mikey
07-12-2011, 08:33 PM
Would I be right in thinking that the asst ref on the goal line, who's there to make goal line decisions, didn't signal to give Jones' goal there?

steakbake
07-12-2011, 08:34 PM
Basle's keeper gave that one away. Hope they hold on for a win. I like to see an underdog doing well - especially against the giants of Europe.

Sean1875
07-12-2011, 08:35 PM
Just waiting to hear of Man U's last minute equaliser... :rolleyes:

SteveHFC
07-12-2011, 08:36 PM
:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf: - Both Manchester Clubs are Out of Champions League :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

HH81
07-12-2011, 08:36 PM
Fergie out.

HH81
07-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Where is Gary Neville when you need him?

lyonhibs
:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Proof that - as I've long suspected - beyond their 1st 11 and a very few others, Man U's squad is absolute Tom Kite.

'Mon the Hibs
Would I be right in thinking that the asst ref on the goal line, who's there to make goal line decisions, didn't signal to give Jones' goal there?

Looked like he glanced to the ref and nodded "yes"' from the replay. :agree:

nonshinyfinish
07-12-2011, 08:39 PM
Man City :faf:

Man Utd :faf:

My thoughts exactly. :agree:

Has to be a special mention for Man Yoo though, they had they easiest group in Chumpion's League history. :tee hee:

This is just the sort of thread that I'd expect Falkirkhibee to be posting on...perhaps there's broadband rationing in Falkirk again. :dunno:

SteveHFC
What are the odds of a Manchester Europa League Final?

Sean1875
Probably the only thing that could have made this marathon library study session better :top marks

West Upper
07-12-2011, 08:40 PM
Manchester Clubs :bye:

steakbake
07-12-2011, 08:41 PM

Has to be a special mention for Man Yoo though, they had they easiest group in Chumpion's League history. :tee hee:

This is just the sort of thread that I'd expect Falkirkhibee to be posting on...perhaps there's broadband rationing in Falkirk again. :dunno:

He'll be here - the lad is not afraid of sticking up for his team. I think he'll be looking up a few ManU in Europe type facts on wikipedia first though.

nonshinyfinish
07-12-2011, 08:42 PM
Check my maths please...am I right in thinking that Lyon's ****ging of Dynamo Zagreb + Real beating Ajax = Lyon overturning a 3 point/7 goal deficit (v. Ajax) to go through?

HH81
Manchester united only got 9 points in a group where a team got zero points.

Unbelievable Geoff.

Dav1986
why

Keep the faith ;)

Love the Green
07-12-2011, 08:44 PM
Check my maths please...am I right in thinking that Lyon's ****ging of Dynamo Zagreb + Real beating Ajax = Lyon overturning a 3 point/7 goal deficit (v. Ajax) to go through?

If so what a fix

down-the-slope
07-12-2011, 08:44 PM
Must be a UEFA enquiry.....top 2 teams in best league in the world not made it out of group stages :rolleyes:

Sean1875
07-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Correct, Lyon go through :agree:

lyonhibs
07-12-2011, 08:46 PM

As I understand it, broadband is the very least of a Falkirk locals worries when it comes to basic services and supplies being rationed :greengrin

Can't stand ITV's cringewothy bewilderement at how these shady fondue-eaters could possibly have managed to fingerbang the mighty Man United.

SteveHFC
I thought the likes of Nasri, Dzeko, Aguero and many others signed for City to win trophies :faf:

LancashireHibby
After all the controversy over the BBC's move to MediaCity, it seems Channel 5 will be moving there as well.

Wotherspiniesta
07-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Don't need any Europe facts, United weren't good enough tonight. Nor have they been good enough in every game this competition.

The Europa League would be better for these young defenders. Smalling was very naive at times and I'm fairly sure Johnny Evans is hoarding information about Alex Ferguson. How could he even be on the bench?

Oh well, I'll look on in envy as Man ****ty claim their rightful place in the Champions League final...

lyonhibs
07-12-2011, 08:48 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15853955.stm

:faf::faf::faf::na na:

PISTOL1875
07-12-2011, 08:50 PM
to be fair , city had a tough group , a really tough group but just wrerent good enough...

Man united just werent good enough........

Thats the facts....

nonshinyfinish
07-12-2011, 08:51 PM
I thought the likes of Nasri, Dzeko, Aguero and many others signed for City to win trophies :faf:

Speaking as a committed neutral when it comes to the EPL, in all likelihood Man Citeh will pick up the Premier League trophy at the end of the season, one that seems to be held in some esteem.

HH81
07-12-2011, 08:55 PM
Don't need any Europe facts, United weren't good enough tonight. Nor have they been good enough in every game this competition.

The Europa League would be better for these young defenders. Smalling was very naive at times and I'm fairly sure Johnny Evans is hoarding information about Alex Ferguson. How could he even be on the bench?

Oh well, I'll look on in envy as Man ****ty claim their rightful place in the Champions League final...

Let's not get into the Manchester city bashing, Manchester united failing to get out of that group is the biggest embrassment in the history of the champions league.

hibsbollah
07-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Cypriot minnows Apoel Nicosia topped their group last week. One in the eye for the moneymen :aok:

nonshinyfinish
07-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Let's not get into the Manchester city bashing, Manchester united failing to get out of that group is the biggest embrassment in the history of the champions league.

Have to agree.

For the benefit of the latecomers, Man Yoo's opponents were:

Benfica
Basel
Otelul Galati

No, seriously.

Love the Green
07-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Keep the faith ;)

Always do Shaft..

lapsedhibee
07-12-2011, 09:01 PM
Manchester united only got 9 points in a group where a team got zero points.

Unbelievable Geoff.

To be fair, five other teams qualified with 9 points or fewer. Surely this means that the competition has somehow been rigged against Manchester U?

Hibercelona
07-12-2011, 09:04 PM
Nice seeing Keane putting the EPL in its place. :agree:

Best league in the world my *rse. :bye:

Dav1986
07-12-2011, 09:05 PM
Always do Shaft..

FYI I don't have any feelings for either Manchester side

Just couldn't resist that after constantly seeing it at the end of your posts for the last wee while ;)

hibee92
07-12-2011, 09:08 PM
must be gutting for man city fans, but i'm sure they can just pull on their chelsea tops from a few years ago

Love the Green
07-12-2011, 09:09 PM
FYI I don't have any feelings for either Manchester side

Just couldn't resist that after constantly seeing it at the end of your posts for the last wee while ;)

Its a must after following hibs and city for a lifetime
ktf

Pete
07-12-2011, 09:09 PM
That Shaquiri and the black guy at the back looked the business for Basle.

Apart from that they looked quite poor tonight and United were pretty unlucky.

Love the Green
07-12-2011, 09:10 PM
must be gutting for man city fans, but i'm sure they can just pull on their chelsea tops from a few years ago

Grow up.....you aint got a clue about City fans so zip it.

HH81
07-12-2011, 09:21 PM
That Shaquiri and the black guy at the back looked the business for Basle.

Apart from that they looked quite poor tonight and United were pretty unlucky.

:greengrin They have failed to get out of the easiest group ever, they are words not one person should use about tonight :rolleyes:

R'Albin
07-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Nice seeing Keane putting the EPL in its place. :agree:Best league in the world my *rse. :bye: :agree: I like listening to Roy Keane, talks a lot of sense, better than most the sky pundits :rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
07-12-2011, 09:33 PM

Don't you worry yourself now, I'm still here.

I've no complaints about tonight's outcome. United only have themselves to blame, only taking 5 points from a possible 9 at Old Trafford is not good enough.

Hopefully they can now put all their efforts on securing Premiership title number 20 in May. :aok:

Pete
07-12-2011, 09:38 PM
:greengrin They have failed to get out of the easiest group ever, they are words not one person should use about tonight :rolleyes:

I meant on the night.

You're right though...it just demonstrates what a poor squad United have just now. Ten years ago they would have had options to come off the bench and change a game like that. These "options" aren't there because there are other clubs in England who are more attractive draws.

If I was handing out Champions League places to English teams right now I'm not sure they would get one.

HH81
07-12-2011, 09:39 PM
Hopefully they can now put all their efforts on securing Premiership title number 20 in May. :aok:

Do you think they will come out on top or will Manchester city have too much for them?

Pete
07-12-2011, 09:41 PM
Hopefully they can now put all their efforts on securing a top four finish ahead of better teams like Spurs, City, Chelsea and Arsenal. :aok:

I have to agree with that mate.

nonshinyfinish
07-12-2011, 09:42 PM

I've no complaints about tonight's outcome. United only have themselves to blame, only taking 5 points from a possible 9 at Old Trafford is not good enough.

Experience of watching Engurlish football over the years tells me that Fergie's team will be challenging for the title at the end of the season, but surely you must be concerned regarding how utterly pish they are at the moment?

Biggie
07-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Correct, Lyon go through :agree:

Just seen the Ajax "goals" would be pretty pissed off at these decisions.....2 good goals.

leither17
07-12-2011, 09:43 PM

not a chance with that squad just now i dont think plenty potential in the young ones smalling jones de silva twins but giggs carrick berbatov owen are all finished imo

hibsbollah
07-12-2011, 09:51 PM
Just seen the Ajax "goals" would be pretty pissed off at these decisions.....2 good goals.

Incredible nights for the French...Marseille score twice in last five minutes to go through, and Lyon get a NINE goal turnaround to overtake some Dutch outfit :aok:

Sir David Gray
07-12-2011, 10:06 PM
I meant on the night.

You're right though...it just demonstrates what a poor squad United have just now. Ten years ago they would have had options to come off the bench and change a game like that. These "options" aren't there because there are other clubs in England who are more attractive draws.

If I was handing out Champions League places to English teams right now I'm not sure they would get one.

:confused: Eh?

You don't know if they're good enough to finish in the top four!?

They might be going through a poor patch at the moment and had a pretty dismal Champions League campaign but there's absolutely no way that they'll finish outside the Champions League places this season.

The worst they'll be is second.

Do you think they will come out on top or will Manchester city have too much for them?

Hard to say at the moment.

Both teams are obviously out of the Champions League, neither will be giving two hoots about the Europa League so all they have to focus on for the remainder of the season is the league.

Manchester City are obviously the favourites, they are undefeated in the league so far and humped Manchester Utd at Old Trafford. However, as I've said before, United are the ones who have all the experience in winning league trophies and I think that may prove to be decisive.

The lead they have is pretty insignificant at this time.

Experience of watching Engurlish football over the years tells me that Fergie's team will be challenging for the title at the end of the season, but surely you must be concerned regarding how utterly pish they are at the moment?

Not really concerned at the moment.

I wouldn't actually be surprised if, after tonight's disappointment, United now go on an unbeaten run of about 15 matches.

There's no doubt that they haven't performed in the Champions League, it's been very poor and they were in a group that couldn't have been any kinder if Sir Alex had been given permission to hand pick it himself.

However, after they were demolished by City a few weeks back, they have certainly tightened up at the back in the league games. They've barely lost a goal since that match and I don't think they're out of this league title by any means.

not a chance with that squad just now i dont think plenty potential in the young ones smalling jones de silva twins but giggs carrick berbatov owen are all finished imo

The squad they have is fine and is more than capable of winning the league title, the problem is that their squad hasn't performed to anything like its potential in the Champions League.

iwasthere1972
07-12-2011, 10:15 PM
They might be going through a poor patch at the moment and had a pretty dismal Champions League campaign but there's absolutely no way that they'll finish outside the Champions League places this season.

And if they don't. :wink:

Sir David Gray
07-12-2011, 10:17 PM
And if they don't. :wink:

:greengrin Aye, very good.

I'm not getting caught up in that again!

iwasthere1972
07-12-2011, 10:18 PM
:greengrin Aye, very good.

I'm not getting caught up in that again!

Go on you know you want to. :aok:

Pete
07-12-2011, 10:34 PM
:confused: Eh?

You don't know if they're good enough to finish in the top four!?

History tells you never to write them off and I understand where your faith comes from.

However, you have to look at the opposition and recognise that Man City are the ones with the best players, a manager who is getting better every year and the potential to take over the top-dog position from United.

Even if you accept that City will finish first you have Spurs. We can go through each squad, man for man and discuss who the better players are. I think there would be more spurs players in a mixed XI....and they have a great manager in Harry. Consistency was their downfall in the past but they've become more consistent over the years.

You can't write Chelsea off either. They can blow hot and cold but have lots of money and a manager who they will give time to.

Arsenal and Liverpool also have the finances to buy world class players and the potential to finish in the top four. The days of Man United having the divine right to win things and finish in the top four are over. Money counts for a lot more than reputation and history...the stick you have been beating liverpool with for 20 years...and I think another change in the hierarchy is upon us.

Sir David Gray
07-12-2011, 10:44 PM
History tells you never to write them off and I understand where your faith comes from.

However, you have to look at the opposition and recognise that Man City are the ones with the best players, a manager who is getting better every year and the potential to take over the top-dog position from United.

Even if you accept that City will finish first you have Spurs. We can go through each squad, man for man and discuss who the better players are. I think there would be more spurs players in a mixed XI....and they have a great manager in Harry. Consistency was their downfall in the past but they've become more consistent over the years.

You can't write Chelsea off either. They can blow hot and cold but have lots of money and a manager who they will give time to.

Arsenal and Liverpool also have the finances to buy world class players and the potential to finish in the top four. The days of Man United having the divine right to win things and finish in the top four are over. Money counts for a lot more than reputation and history...the stick you have been beating liverpool with for 20 years...and I think another change in the hierarchy is upon us.

There is absolutely no way that Arsenal, Liverpool or Tottenham will finish above Manchester Utd this season.

None whatsoever.

Manchester City possibly will, with the money they have then they should be ahead of everybody. Chelsea are the only other side with a chance of finishing ahead of United but I don't think that's even likely.

HibbyAndy
07-12-2011, 10:55 PM
There is absolutely no way that Arsenal, Liverpool or Tottenham will finish above Manchester Utd this season.

None whatsoever.

Manchester City possibly will, with the money they have then they should be ahead of everybody. Chelsea are the only other side with a chance of finishing ahead of United but I don't think that's even likely.

I was gonna place a bet with you..But since you lost the last one , Ala City beating Man u in the semi final of the F.A Cup ill pass.

You have some front son saying the others have 'no chance' When your team has just been emptied from the ****tiest group stage ever!!

Man city have the league in the bag ,And the F.A Cup...Nowt like a bit of arrogance eh :wink:

Sir David Gray
07-12-2011, 11:05 PM
I was gonna place a bet with you..But since you lost the last one , Ala City beating Man u in the semi final of the F.A Cup ill pass.

You have some front son saying the others have 'no chance' When your team has just been emptied from the ****tiest group stage ever!!

Man city have the league in the bag ,And the F.A Cup...Nowt like a bit of arrogance eh :wink:

Man Utd will not finish any lower than second this season.

I'm not putting any bets on it or anything like that, I just don't think it will happen.

Pete
07-12-2011, 11:16 PM

None whatsoever.

That's just arrogance.

Even if Man U do finish second this season the odds of them doing so next season will decrease. London clubs, clubs with money and clubs who are going places will all be up against Man U in the future.

If you or any other Man U fan want to do the spurs comparing thingy then just say. Not sure any of you will though. The truth hurts.

SteveHFC
07-12-2011, 11:18 PM
Man Utd will not finish any lower than second this season.

I'm not putting any bets on it or anything like that, I just don't think it will happen.

Top 4:
Man City
Tottenham
Man Utd
Liverpool

:aok:

Hainan Hibs
07-12-2011, 11:22 PM
Both Manchester teams out?

Get it rooooooooooooooooooooooooond the lot of you glory hunting sky sports watching trumpets:trumpet::thumbsup::greengrin

Sir David Gray
07-12-2011, 11:36 PM
That's just arrogance.

Even if Man U do finish second this season the odds of them doing so next season will decrease. London clubs, clubs with money and clubs who are going places will all be up against Man U in the future.

If you or any other Man U fan want to do the spurs comparing thingy then just say. Not sure any of you will though. The truth hurts.

Let's do it.

Gareth Bale, Luka Modric, Rafael van der Vaart and Emmanuel Adebayor are the only Tottenham players who, I would have thought, would be pretty much guaranteed a start in the current Man Utd line-up.

David de Gea, Nemanja Vidic, Patrice Evra, Phil Jones, Nani, Wayne Rooney, Ashley Young and Javier Hernandez would all walk straight into Tottenham's team and I would suspect that Harry Redknapp would sign up a whole load of other United players in a heartbeat, if they were available.

I'm not too sure that you could say the same thing about Sir Alex Ferguson and the rest of Tottenham's squad.

Don't get me wrong, Redknapp's done a fantastic job at Spurs, they are in a brilliant position and have a very talented squad there. However, I don't believe that they're quite at the level of Manchester Utd and although there's only a couple of points between them at the moment, I expect that gap to grow over the coming months.

SanFranHibs
07-12-2011, 11:41 PM
If so what a fix

Don't like to jump overboard and say cheating....but if not it has to be gross incompetence ! Two by the same official in the space of a few minutes?

Pete
08-12-2011, 12:27 AM
Let's do it.

Gareth Bale, Luka Modric, Rafael van der Vaart and Emmanuel Adebayor are the only Tottenham players who, I would have thought, would be pretty much guaranteed a start in the current Man Utd line-up.

David de Gea, Nemanja Vidic, Patrice Evra, Phil Jones, Nani, Wayne Rooney, Ashley Young and Javier Hernandez would all walk straight into Tottenham's team and I would suspect that Harry Redknapp would sign up a whole load of other United players in a heartbeat, if they were available.

I'm not too sure that you could say the same thing about Sir Alex Ferguson and the rest of Tottenham's squad.

Don't get me wrong, Redknapp's done a fantastic job at Spurs, they are in a brilliant position and have a very talented squad there. However, I don't believe that they're quite at the level of Manchester Utd and although there's only a couple of points between them at the moment, I expect that gap to grow over the coming months.

There's no way on earth I'd take that bomb-scare De Gea over Friedel.

I'm not sure I'd take Evra over Assou Ekotto either. Maybe that's something to do with the partnership with Bale....would Evra and Bale be any better? Evra is a class act though.

I think Vidic is over rated....but I would take him because either Gallas, Dawson and King have more weaknesses than him. A pairing of Vidic plus one of the above would be solid.

I wouldn't swap the Spurs midfield for any Man U player.
Bale, Parker, Lennon, Van Der Vaart, Modric, Pienaar and Huddleston would all walk into the United midfield. This is where lots of the spurs goals come from.

I would take chicarito or Rooney up front. It's a well known fact that spurs need strikers but maybe they would need only one of them to compliment Pav, Defoe or Adebayor. There's a few mouth-watering combinations there.

If I'm being honest I'd probably say 50/50 or 60/40 either way depending on how I'd want them to play. It's good fun and quite thought provoking trying to put these fantasy teams together but five years ago this wouldn't even be an argument.

Fergie is getting older mate and things are changing.

Cameron1875
08-12-2011, 02:30 AM

I'm not sure I'd take Evra over Assou Ekotto either. Maybe that's something to do with the partnership with Bale....would Evra and Bale be any better? Evra is a class act though.

I think Vidic is over rated....but I would take him because either Gallas, Dawson and King have more weaknesses than him. A pairing of Vidic plus one of the above would be solid.

Bale, Parker, Lennon, Van Der Vaart, Modric, Pienaar and Huddleston would all walk into the United midfield. This is where lots of the spurs goals come from.

I would take chicarito or Rooney up front. It's a well known fact that spurs need strikers but maybe they would need only one of them to compliment Pav, Defoe or Adebayor. There's a few mouth-watering combinations there.

If I'm being honest I'd probably say 50/50 or 60/40 either way depending on how I'd want them to play. It's good fun and quite thought provoking trying to put these fantasy teams together but five years ago this wouldn't even be an argument.

:confused: He is the best CB in the world imo. United won't win the league if he is out for rest of the season.

I agree with bale and modric walking into the midfied but i rate carrick and also think nani and young are better than lennon. Spurs will finish top 4 but i dont think they are good enough to mount title challenge.

Sylar
08-12-2011, 04:06 AM
Don't like to jump overboard and say cheating....but if not it has to be gross incompetence ! Two by the same official in the space of a few minutes?

The worst case scenario will be that the official will be demoted from the UEFA register and either not allowed to referee/assistant in European/FIFA competitions.

Just now finding out the scores, having been in a conference all day - couldn't help but chuckle - all of that money and City can't navigate past Villareal or Napoli, neither of whom are anywhere near the powerhouses they once were. A club with City's resources should be challenging the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid (note I say resources, not squad)

Even funnier is Utd's failure to navigate beyond 3 teams we would expect the InFirm to take care of in Europe.

As an aside, how do you deal with living here SFH? Been in San Fran since Friday and I really don't like it!

hibsbollah
08-12-2011, 08:02 AM
:confused: He is the best CB in the world imo. United won't win the league if he is out for rest of the season. I agree with bale and modric walking into the midfied but i rate carrick and also think nani and young are better than lennon. Spurs will finish top 4 but i dont think they are good enough to mount title challenge.Regular Spurs watchers will tell you that Assou Ekkoto has been their best player this season, possibly the most underrated player in England. In the Tottenchester Hotsited XI id have both fullbacks and the goalie as well as most of the midfield.

Sir David Gray
08-12-2011, 11:54 AM

Friedel has been a very good goalkeeper but let's be honest, the guy's 40 years old now and any team that signs him is hardly building for the future.

De Gea has looked a bit ropey in a few games this season but he's only 21 and is still growing into the role of being the first choice goalkeeper at one of the biggest clubs in the world. I have no doubts that, in the long term, he will be a massive success.

I also expect him to be the first choice Spanish goalkeeper in the next three or four years as Casillas is now 30 and Valdes and Reina are not far behind.

Evra is one of the best left backs in world football and Vidic is one of the best centre halves.

I've no complaints about Bale, Modric or Van Der Vaart but I don't see Parker, Huddlestone, Lennon or Pienaar getting a game for United.

Up front, Rooney and Hernandez is a better pairing than any other combination at United or Spurs in my opinion.

lapsedhibee
08-12-2011, 12:06 PM
Friedel has been a very good goalkeeper but let's be honest, the guy's 40 years old now and any team that signs him is hardly building for the future.

De Gea has looked a bit ropey in a few games this season but he's only 21 and is still growing into the role of being the first choice goalkeeper at one of the biggest clubs in the world. I have no doubts that, in the long term, he will be a massive success.

I also expect him to be the first choice Spanish goalkeeper in the next three or four years as Casillas is now 30 and Valdes and Reina are not far behind.

Evra is one of the best left backs in world football and Vidic is one of the best centre halves.

I've no complaints about Bale, Modric or Van Der Vaart but I don't see Parker, Huddlestone, Lennon or Pienaar getting a game for United.

Up front, Rooney and Hernandez is a better pairing than any other combination at United or Spurs in my opinion.

The goalie for the second best team in the best league in the world is 40 but the world champions' goalie won't be good enough when he's 33? What sense does that make? :confused:

hibsbollah
08-12-2011, 12:17 PM
Friedel, Assou Ekotto, Vidic, Ferdinand, Bale Modric Van der Vaart Parker Lennon Shrek Chicarito.

7-4 Spurs :greengrin

Haymaker
08-12-2011, 12:36 PM

Sorry Falkirk but Casillas has 10 years at least left in him at the highest level, the guy is unreal. He will be spains number 1 well into 200 caps region (he is on 127). De Gea WILL be awesome but Casillas has it wrapped up for years.

PISTOL1875
08-12-2011, 12:51 PM
Friedel, Assou Ekotto, Vidic, Ferdinand, Bale Modric Van der Vaart Parker Lennon Shrek Chicarito.

7-4 Spurs :greengrin

You were doing so well until you included him.... He's finished...

Haymaker
08-12-2011, 12:52 PM
You were doing so well until you included him.... He's finished...

People said that about Ryan Giggs a few years ago... Mind you he has suffered alot more serious injuries but I wouldnt underestimate him and his will to win/compete.

hibsbollah
08-12-2011, 01:05 PM
You were doing so well until you included him.... He's finished... Well OK, Jonny Evans then ;-)

iwasthere1972
08-12-2011, 01:16 PM
Speaking of glory hunting Man U fans. Did anyone see the one who was on "The Million Pound Drop" last night?

One of the questions was something like "Which two teams from the same city were knocked out of the Champions League tonight"? His face was a picture because up until that moment he was probably intending on spending part of his winnings on a trip to Munich. :hilarious

PISTOL1875
08-12-2011, 01:34 PM
People said that about Ryan Giggs a few years ago... Mind you he has suffered alot more serious injuries but I wouldnt underestimate him and his will to win/compete.

Rio should retire now.. Found out against City when Bellamy ripped him a new one once , but twice when United beat City 4-3...

Found out again in the 1-6 match.. The guy should jack it and start going to the prawn sandwich sessions and re-live the glory days with the toffs....

PISTOL1875
08-12-2011, 01:36 PM
Well OK, Jonny Evans then ;-)

Now you are just being ridiculous...

CFC
08-12-2011, 01:47 PM
Sorry Falkirk but Casillas has 10 years at least left in him at the highest level, the guy is unreal. He will be spains number 1 well into 200 caps region (he is on 127). De Gea WILL be awesome but Casillas has it wrapped up for years. Thats unreal, 127 caps at 30!

Haymaker
08-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Thats unreal, 127 caps at 30!

And he will probably play till his 40 and still be world class...

One of the few players to have won the highest honours available in his career too I believe?

Dashing Bob S
08-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Man Utd will not finish any higher than second this season.

Fixed that for you, FH.

Pretty much an irrelevant debate. The petty squabbles of 2nd place won't be an issue for Citeh to worry about!

Sir David Gray
08-12-2011, 02:47 PM
Fixed that for you, FH.

Pretty much an irrelevant debate. The petty squabbles of 2nd place won't be an issue for Citeh to worry about!

I still think United will win the title this season but I'm giving myself a bit of leeway, in the event that we see a repeat of last season's bold statement about the FA Cup.

I've learned my lesson. :greengrin

HH81
08-12-2011, 04:28 PM
I still think United will win the title this season but I'm giving myself a bit of leeway, in the event that we see a repeat of last season's bold statement about the FA Cup.

I've learned my lesson. :greengrin

Your prediction of manure winning it is based on city bottling it? We both know Manchester city have the better squad by a mile, don't we?

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-12-2011, 04:34 PM
This thread is most amusing!

goosano
08-12-2011, 06:58 PM
toblerowned

hibsbollah
08-12-2011, 07:51 PM
Well OK, Jonny Evans then ;-)

We might be seeing a bit more of Mr Evans as the season progresses...Vidic has done his cruciate.

http://m.guardian.co.uk/ms/p/gnm/op/sHFRF8YtOgbt6ZDr3uX2b8Q/view.m?id=15&gid=football/2011/dec/08/nemanja-vidic-cruciate-ligament-agent&cat=sport

PISTOL1875
09-12-2011, 10:24 AM
We might be seeing a bit more of Mr Evans as the season progresses...Vidic has done his cruciate.

http://m.guardian.co.uk/ms/p/gnm/op/sHFRF8YtOgbt6ZDr3uX2b8Q/view.m?id=15&gid=football/2011/dec/08/nemanja-vidic-cruciate-ligament-agent&cat=sport

The wheels keep falling off for Manure.. This news could be the final nail in the coffin...

Hibs90
09-12-2011, 10:37 AM
lol jonny evans.

Is there a worse centre half in the EPL? Not including this guy;

http://img.skysports.com/07/08/800x600/GaryCaldwell_549709.jpg

PISTOL1875
09-12-2011, 10:38 AM
lol jonny evans.

Is there a worse centre half in the EPL? Not including this guy;

http://img.skysports.com/07/08/800x600/GaryCaldwell_549709.jpg

Titus Bramble....

Sir David Gray
09-12-2011, 01:09 PM
Awful news about Vidic.

Ferguson will probably need to find a CH in January now or they could be in bother.

LancashireHibby
09-12-2011, 01:13 PM
If they want Cahill then the price has just gone up to £30m.