PDA

View Full Version : Eggert Jonsson to Hibs?

WhileTheChief..
07-12-2011, 06:57 PM
Radio Scotland hinting that Hibs are interested in signing Jonsson in January. Anyone heard anything about this or is it just a rumour they've picked up from here? Was Allan Preston and Chick Young talking about it.

Would be a decent move if true I think.

SRHibs
07-12-2011, 07:00 PM
Radio Scotland hinting that Hibs are interested in signing Jonsson in January. Anyone heard anything about this or is it just a rumour they've picked up from here? Was Allan Preston and Chick Young talking about it.

Would be a decent move if true I think.

Would be an awesome signing. I'd imagine Palsson being here will have an impact on his decision. The two of them are pretty good friends going from what I've seen on Twitter.

Biggie
07-12-2011, 07:01 PM
We wouldn't be able to afford him...

Sean1875
07-12-2011, 07:02 PM
He'll be getting more here than he is at Hearts just now... :wink:

SRHibs
07-12-2011, 07:04 PM

Dunno, think we'd be able to improve on his current contract which nets him £0 per week - or maybe £1000 monthly, if Vlad's in a good mood.

SteveHFC
07-12-2011, 07:09 PM
I would take him :agree:

smurf
07-12-2011, 07:12 PM
Hibs being used to alert his availability me thinks...

Jim44
07-12-2011, 07:21 PM

He'll be getting more here than he is at Hearts just now... :wink:

Quote from a Jambo over there ........ "Eggert Johnsson to hibs One stumbling block there I would imagine ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££." .................................oh the irony. :greengrin

frazeHFC
07-12-2011, 07:24 PM
Quote from a Jambo over there ........ "Eggert Johnsson to hibs One stumbling block there I would imagine ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££." .................................oh the irony. :greengrin

:faf:

Bostonhibby
07-12-2011, 07:27 PM

Yep, nae danger of stumbling over a stray £ or pence or toilet roll or even soap doon their way...........

Robinho08
07-12-2011, 07:50 PM
Another Greggs: someone texted into the Real Radio phone in claiming Ryan Stevenson is on his way to Hibs. :S

Aldo
07-12-2011, 08:03 PM
Would be an excellent signing and he can play RB...

Stevenson as well IMHO cos his work rate is immense and he can also find the net.

SteveHFC
07-12-2011, 08:05 PM

Prick :aok:

Aldo
07-12-2011, 08:11 PM
Prick :aok:

Agreed. Listen the majority of Yams fans think everything is ticketyboo and that they have money put away.

I really do hope they loose all their players (1st team ) which will be about 45!!! Tee hee.

I want them rooted to the bottom if the league and playing their U19 team every week. I think then will some of the 400,000,000 O and in admin.

I hate that bunch of ****ers.

GG

3pm
07-12-2011, 08:15 PM
Another Greggs: someone texted into the Real Radio phone in claiming Ryan Stevenson is on his way to Hibs. :S

I think Stephen Elliott is a possibility.

AlbertK86
07-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Real radio had johnson and templeton to hibs. Hot air if you ask me

gogsy23
07-12-2011, 08:18 PM
elliot is wanting to stay up here defo. no talks held between player and HFC ....yet!!

SteveHFC
07-12-2011, 08:18 PM

Please be true :aok:

SRHibs
07-12-2011, 08:22 PM

Would be absolutely hysterical if it were to happen.

Aldo
07-12-2011, 08:27 PM
Would be absolutely hysterical if it were to happen.

Can see the Johnsson thing but Templeton will cost money... Would say on the region of £400,000, money up front plus add ons.

They don't have many saleable assets that will bring them a few bob in.

No any £9 million quid men anyway??

Sean1875
07-12-2011, 08:33 PM
Can see the Johnsson thing but Templeton will cost money... Would say on the region of £400,000, money up front plus add ons.

I know we'd never fork out that much but he'd be well worth that i reckon :agree:

CRAZYHIBBY
07-12-2011, 08:38 PM
Wouldnt be a bad signing but i think the shock of being paid on time would kill him:confused:

lyonhibs
07-12-2011, 08:54 PM
If we sign any of the Yams decent players - and they have a couple - then I would absolutely buckle with laughter.

It would be utterly hysterical if - after Mercer, their years (since the late 90's lest we forget) of vastly outspending their means, the "Big Team" shiete, Romanov, Laryea Kingston, Mauricio Pinilla, Zaliukas etc etc all on astronomical wages - we ended up just cherry picking their best players when the chickens come home to roost.

Doubt it will happen but - if it would improve our playing squad and isn't that horrid pikey **** Black - I'd love us to sign their best players.

MyJo
07-12-2011, 09:12 PM
Templeton wont come, he will be off to one of the old firm or england as one of the few sellable assets they have.

Dont know much about Stevenson other than he has been called up for scotland but with levein in charge thats not really saying much.

Jonsson i would take at hibs in a heartbeat :agree: as i would Kello and Elliot

SaulGoodman
07-12-2011, 09:26 PM
I would piss myself laughing if we were to start buying all of the Yams players, I welcome it.

scoopyboy
07-12-2011, 09:39 PM
I would piss myself laughing if we were to start buying all of the Yams players, I welcome it.

F*** buying them, just take them for SFA when they walk out.

Mikeystewart
07-12-2011, 09:40 PM

Hibs getting Johnson is still an unlikely outcome, but there will be much bigger fish than hibs after Templeton. Don't believe at least one of the ugly sisters would miss a trick on him considering he will be an absolute bargain.

PatHead
07-12-2011, 09:52 PM
Heard a rumour a while ago Stevenson was going to Watford.

AlbertK86
07-12-2011, 10:09 PM
Can see the Johnsson thing but Templeton will cost money... Would say on the region of £400,000, money up front plus add ons. They don't have many saleable assets that will bring them a few bob in. No any £9 million quid men anyway?? Won't need to buy him. Accre to sports news a number of their players are set to enforce regulation 14 where they can walk out for not being paid !! How effin funny would that be !

Kammy1875
07-12-2011, 10:12 PM
Anyone else think Templeton is actually rubbish?

Johnson and Elliot were the two names I heard we are interested in. Didn't think much of the Johnson rumour until today though.

Andy74
07-12-2011, 10:13 PM

Johnson and Elliot were the two names I heard we are interested in. Didn't think much of the Johnson rumour until today though.

Maybe not rubbish but nothing special.

Hermit Crab
07-12-2011, 10:14 PM

All sounds like pie in the sky. Templeton will be away to rangers in January IMO
On SSN that Janos baloch has had his contract ripped up.

Kammy1875
07-12-2011, 10:15 PM
Maybe not rubbish but nothing special.

Over rated as hell.

Jones28
07-12-2011, 10:17 PM
Ryan Stevenson, David Templeton and Eggert Jonson would be 3 class signings IMHO

Good players AND I would pish myself laughing every time I saw them in a Hibs kit :greengrin:thumbsup:

Hibercelona
07-12-2011, 10:18 PM
I reckon we should just sign them all in January. We could just offer them all 20 quid a week. :agree:

Kammy1875
07-12-2011, 10:19 PM
Ryan Stevenson, David Templeton and Eggert Jonson would be 3 class signings IMHO

Good players AND I would pish myself laughing every time I saw them in a Hibs kit :greengrin:thumbsup:

That class they are in a *****y hearts side?

HibbyAndy
07-12-2011, 10:19 PM
Eggert Jonsson is a 2 Million plus player, He will be the 1st to leave Hearts, Loves life in Scotland so expect Rantic to be in for him, His future is safe in the game.

matty_f
07-12-2011, 10:20 PM
Eggert Jonsson is a 2 Million plus player, He will be the 1st to leave Hearts, Loves life in Scotland so expect Rantic to be in for him, His future is safe in the game.

No danger is he worth £2m. Half that, maybe.:agree:

Danderhall Hibs
07-12-2011, 10:22 PM

2 million of what Andy? Obviously not £s. Unless you're using the same calculator as Romanov...

ALF TUPPER
07-12-2011, 10:24 PM
I'm lovin this thread.

Merry Christmas Jambos ! :xlol

matty_f
2 million of what Andy? Obviously not £s. Unless you're using the same calculator as Romanov...

:tsk tsk: Mister​ Romanov.

HibbyAndy
No danger is he worth £2m. Half that, maybe.:agree:

Depends who you are Matty.. 4.4 Million for Scott Brown? Yes please.

St.Johnstone want 1M for Murray Davidson? Eh.Naw.

Eggert Jonsson has been Hearts best player for near on 5 years, What his contract dictates they will actually get for him is another story. But EJ is well worth 2M IMO.

Kammy1875

Hahahahahahahahaha £2 million then the clincher was Rangers aaashahahaha

matty_f
07-12-2011, 10:26 PM
Depends who you are Matty.. 4.4 Million for Scott Brown? Yes please.

St.Johnstone want 1M for Murray Davidson? Eh.Naw.

Eggert Jonsson has been Hearts best player for near on 5 years, What his contract dictates they will actually get for him is another story. But EJ is well worth 2M IMO.

He's been decent but if he was that good clubs would have been sniffing around him. Regardless, the Yams will struggle to get top whack for anyone at the moment because anyone who wants a player knows they're rooked!:thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
07-12-2011, 10:27 PM

Do grasp that predicament :agree:

Hearts arent in a situation to grapple for more...But EJ IMO playing for another spl, club is valued at 2M.

frazeHFC
07-12-2011, 10:27 PM
I slightly believed this thread until i saw Templeton mentioned. :rolleyes: When has Petrie ever shelled out £15m? :greengrin

AlbertK86
07-12-2011, 10:28 PM
Depends who you are Matty.. 4.4 Million for Scott Brown? Yes please. St.Johnstone want 1M for Murray Davidson? Eh.Naw. Eggert Jonsson has been Hearts best player for near on 5 years, What his contract dictates they will actually get for him is another story. But EJ is well worth 2M IMO. No danger ... Ok but niwt spectacular

HibbyAndy
07-12-2011, 10:30 PM
He's been decent but if he was that good clubs would have been sniffing around him. Regardless, the Yams will struggle to get top whack for anyone at the moment because anyone who wants a player knows they're rooked!:thumbsup:

Rangers were sniffing about him, So were Celtc 2 years ago.

But like you say Matty, They are rooked, And will get next to nowt for him...Bed..Made...Lye innit :greengrin

keep the faith
07-12-2011, 10:48 PM
Jonnson and grainger would make a huge difference to our side but free hearts players have der hun written all over them. They can't pay xfer fees but can top our wages. Sone aluko tells you the scaled back market they are now operating in.

Sir David Gray
07-12-2011, 11:14 PM

He's already getting as much from Hibs as he is at Hearts...Nothing. :greengrin

WhileTheChief..
07-12-2011, 11:23 PM
His contract is up in the summer and is free to sign a pre-contract from Jan 1 so his value will be nowhere near £2M. Someone will get him for a few hundred grand as soon as the window opens. We should get in there.

HibbyAndy
07-12-2011, 11:30 PM
His contract is up in the summer and is free to sign a pre-contract from Jan 1 so his value will be nowhere near £2M. Someone will get him for a few hundred grand as soon as the window opens. We should get in there.

Spot on.

But if he were under contract he is a 2 M player, I have no doubt of that.

But like you say he is free to sign a pre- contract in January so his valuation will be thousands rather than millions.

I merely stated EJ is a 2M pound player contract or no contract.

147lothian
07-12-2011, 11:34 PM
I would love to see him in a hibs strip but a few hundred grand probably rules us out, well worth pushing the boat out for

WhileTheChief..
07-12-2011, 11:41 PM
Spot on.

But if he were under contract he is a 2 M player, I have no doubt of that.

But like you say he is free to sign a pre- contract in January so his valuation will be thousands rather than millions.

I merely stated EJ is a 2M pound player contract or no contract.

Which is why i can see RP going for this one. Get him on a 2 or 3 year contract and we would sell him on for £2M+ as you say.

I wonder if Fenlon likes him?

HibbyAndy
07-12-2011, 11:46 PM
Which is why i can see RP going for this one. Get him on a 2 or 3 year contract and we would sell him on for £2M+ as you say.

I wonder if Fenlon likes him?

:agree:

Aken he loves Edinburgh :agree:...And im reluctant to see us sign Jambos but if it does us a turn and pisses them off why not :greengrin

frazeHFC
07-12-2011, 11:48 PM

Aken he loves Edinburgh :agree:...And im reluctant to see us sign Jambos but if it does us a turn and pisses them off why not :greengrin

Exactly my feelings. :greengrin Piss off them and make a profit, can't go wrong! :agree:

Hainan Hibs
07-12-2011, 11:49 PM
If yambos start deserting the ship and head to Leith while Jongleurs Comedy Club Tynecastle goes down the tubes I'll literally crack one off :agree:

NOLA
08-12-2011, 12:10 AM
jambos i know have been saying for ages that "Temps" is a waste of a jersey, 1 trick pony and is living on a few good games last season.

SteveHFC
08-12-2011, 12:14 AM

Which Elliot? :wink:

frazeHFC
08-12-2011, 12:18 AM
Templeton is a quality player no doubt, he is just too inconsistent.

SteveHFC
08-12-2011, 12:21 AM
This time last season Templeton was one of the best players in the league. :agree:

Saorsa
08-12-2011, 12:21 AM
Which Elliot? :wink:no this one (I hope :greengrin )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwlhD5rydNI

frazeHFC
08-12-2011, 12:27 AM
no this one (I hope :greengrin )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwlhD5rydNI

Is that THE Calum Elliot? :faf:

Saorsa
08-12-2011, 12:43 AM
Is that THE Calum Elliot? :faf:The **** fitba yin? aye :greengrin

frazeHFC
08-12-2011, 12:47 AM
:rotflmao: What a tosser he is. :tee hee:

brydekirk
08-12-2011, 01:03 AM
We wouldn't be able to afford him... Nobody thought we could afford liam miller or garry o. But.

frazeHFC
08-12-2011, 01:05 AM
Nobody thought we could afford liam miller or garry o. But.

They were free, or is Jonsson one of the ones to be freed soon from Hertz?

offshorehibby
08-12-2011, 07:45 AM
Like somebody said earlier on, i would imagine if hearts weren't paying their wages the players could rip up said contract and walk away for nothing. I know a few have been to the players union already so hopefully will know their rights.

Sean1875
08-12-2011, 08:36 AM
Like somebody said earlier on, i would imagine if hearts weren't paying their wages the players could rip up said contract and walk away for nothing. I know a few have been to the players union already so hopefully will know their rights.
:agree: Breach of contract on Hearts part. Also have a duty to pay their employees which theyre not doing, players have every right to walk away which IMO is only a matter of time before they do.

brog
08-12-2011, 08:40 AM
Unfortunately, with exception of Stephen Elliott, the players mentioned on here are likely to be in considerable demand & will be able to command wages significantly higher than on offer at ER. Let's not get Yam like delusional but just sit back & enjoy the Xmas festivities & the New Year Sales!!

MB62
08-12-2011, 08:52 AM
With Vlads recent history, any player refusing to sign a new contract has been dropped from the squad altogether until they sign, so it looks like one way or the other Jonsson will not be playing in a Yams jersey again.
Unless of course he is absolutely madder than the mad hatter and actually does sign a new deal with them.

Whatever his outcome with them, I can't see him coming to ER.

NAE NOOKIE
08-12-2011, 09:10 AM
Would take Jonsson in a second, consistently gets good write ups.

Unfortunately no way RP would stump up the cash if a fee were required and as folk are saying Der Hun can top our wages by a distance, not to mention every club in Engerlund from the 2nd division upwards.

We would be better sinking half a million or so into a training camp in Iceland, coz for some reason they seem to be able to produce a remarkable number of professional players for such a small country.

Billy Whizz
08-12-2011, 09:26 AM
What is his best position. Seems to play right back, centre back or midfield for the Yam's!

JimBHibees
08-12-2011, 09:56 AM
Elliott and maybe Balogh are more likely IMO. Sounds like Hibs being linked is just to raise the possibility of their availability. If Preston was the one mentioning it then no doubt that is the case. Most half decent Hearts players will move to OF or down south as you can be sure their agents will be hawking them all over the planet at present.

matty_f
08-12-2011, 10:01 AM
I can't see us signing any of them, to be honest. Especially not Jonsson or Templeton.

Judas Iscariot
08-12-2011, 10:01 AM
Stevenson is *****, plus he's a proper munter, never Hibs class..

I'd take Eggbert though, he's not too bad...

truehibernian
08-12-2011, 10:03 AM
Would take Jonsson in a second, consistently gets good write ups.

Unfortunately no way RP would stump up the cash if a fee were required and as folk are saying Der Hun can top our wages by a distance, not to mention every club in Engerlund from the 2nd division upwards.

We would be better sinking half a million or so into a training camp in Iceland, coz for some reason they seem to be able to produce a remarkable number of professional players for such a small country.

I read a really well written report on why sport in Scandinavia was so succesful in recent years, which highlighted two main things. Scandic countries have had heavy state investment in sport since post war, where the ideology was to change the mindset from amateurism to professionalism and excellence in all sports. This ranged from state help to small youth groups to larger organisations and stadia.

Secondly the climate ensured that all weather facilities were a must and that indoor facilities had to be provided in all regions so that they could offer young people sport all year round.

If you think back to the Dalglish and Jordan era, we beat Norway and Sweden quite comfortably (late 70's, early 80's). I would say since around 1984 onwards, we have been stuck in time regards investment in sport and we are a nation that invests in sentiment not reality. We always hark back to the 'successful days'. We simply stood still whilst other nations grapsed the nettle and invested real money in real things and in real people. Hibs, you could reasonably argue, in Scottish terms, are streets ahead of their rivals by having their own facility (but even that took until only a few years ago)

Now sadly, for Scotland, it's too late. Sorry to be so doom and gloom, but we will simply never catch up with those 'lesser nations' of yesteryear. Even developing countries, such as Ghana, Cameroon, Nigeria etc are streets ahead of us..........they see the true value of sport and what sport can achieve for a nation. We don't. Take a look at some of the local Edinburgh public parks and the answers are staring each and everyone of us in the face. That and society's attitude to drink, fags and drugs.

Anyway, back to the Hertz players......not in a million years will we get Eggert Jonsson. Good player but I would say destined for the Championship. Far more likely to get Sutton and Black IMHO.

Dashing Bob S
08-12-2011, 10:12 AM
Heard Barca pulled out of the proposed Gary Glen deal as he wouldn't be available for the Classico.

happiehibbie
08-12-2011, 10:34 AM
Ok here goes as you know i acutually watch Hearts when Hibs are not at home for the record i dont pay to get in !!

EJ steady enough player i dont think he is worth a couple of million but could do a job for Hibs but i do think we could get better for or money

D T has not scored this season last goal i think was a screamer against ST Johnston DT has went right of the boil and nothing is going right for him could be whats happening behind the scenes he is a player though

R S not a favoirote with the hearts support I think he tries to hard but also been played out of postion he is not a player i would like to see at HIBS

I B horrible dirty Bassa of a player cant put it any better than that

A W always injured but reads the game well

the player i like is the young lad the have brough it at full back McGowan he can play very simmilar to Lee Wallace gets up and down the wing well

really though apart from tempelton and mcGowan i dont see anyone improving our team

At The Edge
08-12-2011, 10:37 AM
Ok here goes as you know i acutually watch Hearts when Hibs are not at home for the record i dont pay to get in !!

EJ steady enough player i dont think he is worth a couple of million but could do a job for Hibs but i do think we could get better for or money

D T has not scored this season last goal i think was a screamer against ST Johnston DT has went right of the boil and nothing is going right for him could be whats happening behind the scenes he is a player though

R S not a favoirote with the hearts support I think he tries to hard but also been played out of postion he is not a player i would like to see at HIBS

the player i like is the young lad the have brough it at full back McGowan he can play very simmilar to Lee Wallace gets up and down the wing well

really though apart from tempelton and mcGowan i dont see anyone improving our team

From what i've heard from my Jambo mates is that they really rate Danny Grainger, reckon he was their best summer signing? is he good on a week to week basis?

GreenCastle
08-12-2011, 10:44 AM
From what i've heard from my Jambo mates is that they really rate Danny Grainger, reckon he was their best summer signing? is he good on a week to week basis?

I would take the keeper Kello - more consistent than our keepers - but helps he has a better defense playing in front of him.

Johnsson - would improve our team and can play a few positions - can see better teams coming in for him.

Stevenson - typical Yam - don't think he would ever play for us.

Danny Grainger is a pretty steady player - I know a few seasons ago before he signed for Dundee Utd - Hibs were looking at him but for some reason didn't happen - would do a decent job with Hibs and delivers a good set piece.

Can't see any yams players coming here any time soon though.

Craig_in_Prague
08-12-2011, 12:08 PM
[/B]I read a really well written report on why sport in Scandinavia was so succesful in recent years, which highlighted two main things. Scandic countries have had heavy state investment in sport since post war, where the ideology was to change the mindset from amateurism to professionalism and excellence in all sports. This ranged from state help to small youth groups to larger organisations and stadia.

Secondly the climate ensured that all weather facilities were a must and that indoor facilities had to be provided in all regions so that they could offer young people sport all year round.

If you think back to the Dalglish and Jordan era, we beat Norway and Sweden quite comfortably (late 70's, early 80's). I would say since around 1984 onwards, we have been stuck in time regards investment in sport and we are a nation that invests in sentiment not reality. We always hark back to the 'successful days'. We simply stood still whilst other nations grapsed the nettle and invested real money in real things and in real people. Hibs, you could reasonably argue, in Scottish terms, are streets ahead of their rivals by having their own facility (but even that took until only a few years ago)

Now sadly, for Scotland, it's too late. Sorry to be so doom and gloom, but we will simply never catch up with those 'lesser nations' of yesteryear. Even developing countries, such as Ghana, Cameroon, Nigeria etc are streets ahead of us..........they see the true value of sport and what sport can achieve for a nation. We don't. Take a look at some of the local Edinburgh public parks and the answers are staring each and everyone of us in the face. That and society's attitude to drink, fags and drugs.

Whilst there has been millions wasted on government building, trams (which Edin had 100 years ago), etc, Whilst we have continued to fail in proper investment in sport and considering football is meant to be Scotlands main sport, we have failed miserably and I agree we are so far behind other countries we will probably never catch up.

As far as I know the weather in Scotland just now is worse than what Czech Rep has... Yet here the football shuts down over winter... Whilst Ireland, Nordic countries and I think all Eastern Europe, play summer football......... We need to change and this would at least be a step in the right direction. Affordable pricing, safe standing areas, better kick off times etc are other things that can improve the current state of the game, but the lack of proper investment in the sport over the years is the biggest issue of all that is now hard to rectify.

Hibstrooper
08-12-2011, 12:24 PM
I would take the keeper Kello - more consistent than our keepers - but helps he has a better defense playing in front of him.

Did you see the first goal against St Johnstone? If that was a Hibs goalie they would have got slated. I'm happy with Stack. Also from what I hear Kello & Johnson are being watched by Bristol City.

I'd take Elliott (the non-dancing verison), Grainger and Hamill.

Albanian Hibs
08-12-2011, 12:52 PM

bruno
08-12-2011, 01:03 PM
Did you see the first goal against St Johnstone? If that was a Hibs goalie they would have got slated. I'm happy with Stack. Also from what I hear Kello & Johnson are being watched by Bristol City.

You'd be welcome to Hamill

Has been awful recently no pace no tactical sense and no determination.

Obviously not being paid may be a reason for playing so poorly but I believe he would be no better than what you have.

Eggert is the one player I hope Hearts keep. His best position is holding midfielder but has played so many positions he has become inconsistent. Give him a run there for a season and he will definetely be worth a good price. Talented hard working with a magnificent attitude and should be our captain

Elliott works harder than any forward I have seen at Tynie for a long time but is completely unable to hit a clean strike. Gets in more good positions to attempt at goal than most strikers but his conversion rate is woeful. I like him and his attitude but not a goalscorer. One of few players still trying at the club.

Templeton a year ago was sensational but has gradually gone off the boil and has done nothing this season, easily brushed off the ball wrong option too many times. With a new club fresh challenge and a return of his confidence I think he could turn into a super player but it won't happen with Hearts.

Stevenson I think would be the one player that Hibs could afford and would give you 100% every week. Not the ned or neandrathal many would believe. Look past the tatooes and you will see a committed sensible individual who works very hard at his game. Our most improved player through sheer hard work and determination.
A good family man and responsible now he has grown up. Would be very sorry to see him go.

Kello apart from a daft mistake on Saturday is a top keeper and is believed to be Norwich bound in January. A great loss but too good for current Herats team.

Grainger jury still out started really well but was off his game when he was injured.

Glen won't miss him and may come to you but no better than Ross Campbell you have in the 19's.

If (and a big if) we get to keep anyone realistically I want Eggert, Stevenson Skacel and Webster. The rest I will not miss.

Looking forward to the 19's coming back from their loan spells to put some energy and talent into a team I have become bored of watching.

Sergio will go too and again no great loss. Lots promising noises and tried to paly a decent possesion game but tried to play it with players who are unable to pass a ball quickly and accurately.

Pretty Boy
08-12-2011, 01:11 PM
This Jonnson thing is like Julian Brellier all over again.
Folk inventing reasons why hed come. Jonnson mates with Palsson, Brellier mates with Boozy, both liked Edinburgh, both said a few nice things about Hibs off the record etc.

Like Brellier of there's more money on offer elsewhere Jonnson won't even consider Hibs.

Hibstrooper
08-12-2011, 01:52 PM

Fair play. I only included him because our lack of Right Back right now, not based on what I've seen of him.

Glen won't miss him and may come to you but no better than Ross Campbell you have in the 19's..

I'm assuming you mean Ross Caldwell unless we've somehow jumped back in time to 2008!

bruno
08-12-2011, 01:55 PM
I'm assuming you mean Ross Caldwell unless we've somehow jumped back in time to 2008![/QUOTE]

Yes sorry the lad I saw play 2 really good games against Hearts 19's this year.

Stevie Reid
08-12-2011, 02:13 PM
This Jonnson thing is like Julian Brellier all over again.
Folk inventing reasons why hed come. Jonnson mates with Palsson, Brellier mates with Boozy, both liked Edinburgh, both said a few nice things about Hibs off the record etc.

Like Brellier of there's more money on offer elsewhere Jonnson won't even consider Hibs.

Now playing amateur aged 29!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julien_Brellier

Lendo
08-12-2011, 02:16 PM
Do you think we could get the club to print "Welcome to Edinburgh" posters should we sign any Hearts players?

frazeHFC
08-12-2011, 02:18 PM
I'm assuming you mean Ross Caldwell unless we've somehow jumped back in time to 2008!

Yes sorry the lad I saw play 2 really good games against Hearts 19's this year.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is Ross Caldwell. I have never seen him but heard good things. I certainly wouldn't bring in Glen if we have Caldwell and Handling banging them in for the U19s.

PaulSmith
08-12-2011, 02:19 PM
Pat Fenlon at press conf today refused to deny that he might make a move for some Hearts players

Pretty Boy
08-12-2011, 02:19 PM
Now playing amateur aged 29!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julien_Brellier

Saw that in the EEN a while back. Claims he's quite happy with the situation.

A player I never got the fascination with really. Hard grafter who.put himself about but technically pretty limited hence not really progressing after his move to Norwich.

Kammy1875
08-12-2011, 02:20 PM
Which Elliot? :wink:

Not the dancing gay lord :greengrin

MSK
08-12-2011, 02:22 PM

really though apart from tempelton and mcGowan i dont see anyone improving our teamYer no related tae TQM by any chance naw ..?...:greengrin

SteveHFC
08-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Not the dancing gay lord :greengrin

Thank **** :greengrin

Cropley10
08-12-2011, 02:24 PM

Obviously not being paid may be a reason for playing so poorly but I believe he would be no better than what you have.

Eggert is the one player I hope Hearts keep. His best position is holding midfielder but has played so many positions he has become inconsistent. Give him a run there for a season and he will definetely be worth a good price. Talented hard working with a magnificent attitude and should be our captain

Elliott works harder than any forward I have seen at Tynie for a long time but is completely unable to hit a clean strike. Gets in more good positions to attempt at goal than most strikers but his conversion rate is woeful. I like him and his attitude but not a goalscorer. One of few players still trying at the club.

Templeton a year ago was sensational but has gradually gone off the boil and has done nothing this season, easily brushed off the ball wrong option too many times. With a new club fresh challenge and a return of his confidence I think he could turn into a super player but it won't happen with Hearts.

Stevenson I think would be the one player that Hibs could afford and would give you 100% every week. Not the ned or neandrathal many would believe. Look past the tatooes and you will see a committed sensible individual who works very hard at his game. Our most improved player through sheer hard work and determination.
A good family man and responsible now he has grown up. Would be very sorry to see him go.

Kello apart from a daft mistake on Saturday is a top keeper and is believed to be Norwich bound in January. A great loss but too good for current Herats team.

Grainger jury still out started really well but was off his game when he was injured.

Glen won't miss him and may come to you but no better than Ross Campbell you have in the 19's.

If (and a big if) we get to keep anyone realistically I want Eggert, Stevenson Skacel and Webster. The rest I will not miss.

Looking forward to the 19's coming back from their loan spells to put some energy and talent into a team I have become bored of watching.

Sergio will go too and again no great loss. Lots promising noises and tried to paly a decent possesion game but tried to play it with players who are unable to pass a ball quickly and accurately.

An interesting summary of your players. Lets hope the Hibs Board are reading this...!

alexedwards
08-12-2011, 02:31 PM
[QUOTE=Kammy1875;3023214]Anyone else think Templeton is actually rubbish?

Johnson and Elliot were the two names I heard we are interested in. Didn't think much of the Johnson rumour until today though.[/QUOTE)

Elliot or Elliott? May the force be with us if we sign the first one!

GreenCastle
08-12-2011, 03:25 PM

I did see the goal but over the last few seasons has been one of the best keepers in the league.

Stack and Brown have their strengths but also have several flaws - 6 out of 10

Kello likewise but overall - 7 out of 10

I think Stack would look better with better defenders in front of him though - so until then it's hard to judge him fairly. :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
08-12-2011, 04:13 PM

I'm looking forward to it as well.:greengrin Not sure why they're all out on loan if they're so talented though?

bruno
08-12-2011, 04:35 PM
I'm looking forward to it as well.:greengrin Not sure why they're all out on loan if they're so talented though?

I can assure you they are talented however Sergio like JJ and Csaba have been reluctant to trust youth when they have so many experienced highly paid players vying for 1st team squad.

Holt and Walker in particular are excellent just as Stanton is at Hibs. I'm not saying results will improve.

As anyone who watches the youths will know form is very up and down but they are much more pleasing on the eye technically and workrate wise than many of the workshy first teamers.

They have all been playing for the 19's but have now been sent to clubs to gain first team experience just as Templeton did and I am sure Callum Booth and Gary Oconnor among many others did before them. Valuable experience you cannot gain being purely a squad meber or playing in the 19's

frazeHFC
08-12-2011, 04:58 PM
I can assure you they are talented however Sergio like JJ and Csaba have been reluctant to trust youth when they have so many experienced highly paid players vying for 1st team squad.Holt and Walker in particular are excellent just as Stanton is at Hibs. I'm not saying results will improve.As anyone who watches the youths will know form is very up and down but they are much more pleasing on the eye technically and workrate wise than many of the workshy first teamers.They have all been playing for the 19's but have now been sent to clubs to gain first team experience just as Templeton did and I am sure Callum Booth and Gary Oconnor among many others did before them. Valuable experience you cannot gain being purely a squad meber or playing in the 19's Definately. :agree: Sending away on loan helps a lot. Hoping this happens with Crawford and Smith too.