PDA

View Full Version : Abandoned matches in Netherlands and Spain resuming from when they finished

CyberSauzee
07-12-2011, 11:17 AM
The Granada v Mallorca match that was abandoned because the linesman got hit by a brolly is restarting tonight from the 60th minute.

In the Netherlands, AZ Alkmaar's game at Excelsior was abandoned due to fog at half time. This is also resuming tonight from when it was stopped.

So does anyone know why our match against Motherwell is being started from the beginning? Is it up to each national association to decide what to do?

patlowe
07-12-2011, 11:22 AM
I think postponing the game at half time makes restarting from the same point a tad more viable but I just can't see it happening tbh. Would you travel through and pay to get in to a match if you were only going to see one half? That doesn't apply to those with tickets from the original match of course.

El Gubbz
07-12-2011, 12:30 PM
Motherwell should pay to put on Supporter buses for the rescheduled fixture so fans don't have to fork out more money on petrol, trains, buses etc. After all Motherwell are benefiting massively because of their mistake, not only do they get to start a game they were losing from the start (something normally only possible on Fifa and Football manager) and also double sales on pies, bovrils and what ever else you can buy inside :confused:

proud_and_green
07-12-2011, 12:31 PM
I think postponing the game at half time makes restarting from the same point a tad more viable but I just can't see it happening tbh. Would you travel through and pay to get in to a match if you were only going to see one half? That doesn't apply to those with tickets from the original match of course.

Tam Cowan was saying on off the ball that the game would/should/could just start with the well players standing back and allowing Hibs to score the goal to correct the match. That would be nice but its not the same as being one up at half time.

I cannot see any reason why the game can't be started from second half.

If Griffiths gets a yellow does he get sent off?

Saorsa
07-12-2011, 12:35 PM
I think postponing the game at half time makes restarting from the same point a tad more viable but I just can't see it happening tbh. Would you travel through and pay to get in to a match if you were only going to see one half? That doesn't apply to those with tickets from the original match of course.Why couldn't they could charge half price for anybody without a ticket from the original game that wanted tae go? Anybody else who'd there would be over and above the money they've already had for the non-game game. If the place wisnae such a dump it wouldnae have happened in the first place.

nonshinyfinish
07-12-2011, 12:36 PM
Tam Cowan was saying on off the ball that the game would/should/could just start with the well players standing back and allowing Hibs to score the goal to correct the match. That would be nice but its not the same as being one up at half time.

I cannot see any reason why the game can't be started from second half.

If Griffiths gets a yellow does he get sent off?

No, but he keeps the disciplinary points.

patlowe
07-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Why couldn't they could charge half price for anybody without a ticket from the original game that wanted tae go? Anybody else who'd there would be over and above the money they've already had for the non-game game. If the place wisnae such a dump it wouldnae have happened in the first place.

Fair enough, I just think there'd be a lot of awkward elements to be taken into account and I can't see the powers that be going for it, much as I'd like them to!