PDA

View Full Version : Honest words from Calderwood

patlowe
07-12-2011, 10:40 AM
Sorry if already posted:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/calderwood_admits_he_didn_t_do_enough_1_1992227

Encouraging to hear his thoughts on emerging players but do you trust his judgement?!

Peevemor
07-12-2011, 10:58 AM
Sorry if already posted:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/calderwood_admits_he_didn_t_do_enough_1_1992227

Encouraging to hear his thoughts on emerging players but do you trust his judgement?!

The Petrie bashers won't like this bit.

We didn’t progress at the rate to get the results required at Hibs, but it is the right foundation for that club, which is run in the perfect way.

An honest interview from an honest man.

HibeeEmma
07-12-2011, 11:39 AM
Sorry if already posted:

IMO he had to come out and say something as he is part of Birmingham City now where the club and fans want answers as to why he will provide a better show for them than he showed at Hibs.

Saorsa
07-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Honest? :hilarious
Calderwood admits he was lucky to have a new job so quickly Aye, because he had nae idea he was going tae end up there as soon as he left Hibs.

Dashing Bob S
07-12-2011, 12:09 PM
Seems to have least started to accept that there these a little things known as results, and have some significance in the modern game.

blackpoolhibs
07-12-2011, 12:12 PM
No mention of Petrie buying players or not letting him do his job properly. :confused:

Here's some honest words from Blackpool Colin, you were useless, and worked yer ticket out of the club. I hope you fail, Birmingham are relegated and you are sacked pronto.

PeeJay
07-12-2011, 12:22 PM
No mention of Petrie buying players or not letting him do his job properly. :confused:

Here's some honest words from Blackpool Colin, you were useless, and worked yer ticket out of the club. I hope you fail, Birmingham are relegated and you are sacked pronto.

Now that's honest...:top marks

Andy74
07-12-2011, 12:26 PM
It's not the amount of young players that's the problem, it's the amount of rubbish he bought that now struggles to get a game ahead of the likes of Lewis Stevenson and the fact he only added one rubbish centre half to a struggling back 4.

So, honest enough to say he should have dome better but I'm not seeing a grasp of what went wrong.

RickyS
07-12-2011, 12:47 PM
It's not the amount of young players that's the problem, it's the amount of rubbish he bought that now struggles to get a game ahead of the likes of Lewis Stevenson and the fact he only added one rubbish centre half to a struggling back 4.

So, honest enough to say he should have dome better but I'm not seeing a grasp of what went wrong.

this:agree:

Posh Swanny
07-12-2011, 01:09 PM

A bit harsh perhaps. I'm no fan of Calderwood and never have been. But three of his rubbish signings - Palsson, Thornhill and Osbourne - can all be placed in the "young" bracket and it could be players such as these he is referring to. Just because they were signed from other clubs doesn't mean they won't progress, especially Palsson who only turned 20 this year.

And in defence of O'Hanlon, I've seen first hand how effective he can be in a half decent defence - its not his fault he's been put in alongside kids and muppets. Calderwood's done him no favours there.

SteveHFC
07-12-2011, 01:49 PM
Calderwood is the worst manager I have seen in my lifetime.

I hope Birmingham go down and he gets sacked. Ops I see someone has already said that :wink:

calumhibee1
07-12-2011, 02:02 PM
I hope Calderwoods a success at Birmingham. I've no problem with him as a man, although he was ***** as a manager.

Franck Stanton
07-12-2011, 02:07 PM
Sorry if already posted:

Didnae trust/believe him when he was with us , so I'm no' gonnae believe ant tripe that he spouts now that he's gone. Clueless by name , clueless by nature.

Paisley Hibby
07-12-2011, 02:09 PM

Quite right Blackpool!!

iwasthere1972
07-12-2011, 02:14 PM
Calderwood admits he didn’t do enough

A bit late to be coming out with statements like that. I really do hope that Birmingham fans have to suffer as much as we had to over the course of the last year and quickly end up in a relegation dogfight. I like Chris Hughton but if there are casualties at St Andrews then so be it.

IWasThere2016
07-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Sorry if already posted:

He's right - he didnt do (nearly) enough.

Self awareness is a worthy quality - lacking in some previous incumbents of course :fishin:

HibsMax
07-12-2011, 03:49 PM
The guy was sacked. He's come out and admitted that he failed and let the fans down. And still he gets abuse. LOL.

R'Albin
07-12-2011, 03:55 PM
The guy was sacked. He's come out and admitted that he failed and let the fans down. And still he gets abuse. LOL.

I know, he may have been a terrible manager for us but nothing against him as a person and nice to see him not take the easy way out and blame the board.

Spike Mandela
07-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Did he say what his favourite sweeties were?:cb

Andy74
07-12-2011, 04:01 PM

The post above you illustrates that this isn't confined to Calderwood.

Jones28
07-12-2011, 04:01 PM
Did he say what his favourite sweeties were?:cb

Based on his facial expression when standing on the touchline it was probably Soor Plooms :greengrin

Kaiser1962
07-12-2011, 04:11 PM
An honest interview from an honest man.

He was never anything but and I wish him well.

Frogga
07-12-2011, 04:22 PM
I didn't like him as a manager but liked him as a person. He seems like a genuine, nice guy. Sure he didn't do well but I still wish him all the best as he never did anything to offend us... I mean at least he was honest about the Birmingham stuff - how many players have said "I love Hibs, I would never leave Hibs for OF, not interested in move, blah blah blah and then gone on to stab us in the back. All the best Colin. :agree:

Saorsa
07-12-2011, 04:25 PM
I didn't like him as a manager but liked him as a person. He seems like a genuine, nice guy. Sure he didn't do well but I still wish him all the best as he never did anything to offend us... I mean at least he was honest about the Birmingham stuff - how many players have said "I love Hibs, I would never leave Hibs for OF, not interested in move, blah blah blah and then gone on to stab us in the back. All the best Colin. :agree:well he offended me with his ****in' bags of sweeties nonsense and pathetic interviews, he didnae want tae be here, he should have resigned and ****ed off tae birmingham in the summer instead of leading us doon the *****ter.

Calderwood admits he was lucky to have a new job so quickly Aye right, because he had nae idea he was going tae end up there as soon as he left Hibs, it was just pure luck and coincidence. ****in' bull****

lapsedhibee
07-12-2011, 04:26 PM
how many players have said "I love Hibs, I would never leave Hibs for OF, not interested in move, blah blah blah and then gone on to stab us in the back

:dunno: How many then? One, two maybe?

Dinkydoo
07-12-2011, 04:26 PM
He was a crap manager, there is no denying that, but you must be such a bitter little person to actually hope that he fails in future employment.

Frogga
07-12-2011, 04:31 PM
:dunno: How many then? One, two maybe?

My point is, would you rather he'd lied to us?

Bostonhibby
07-12-2011, 06:30 PM
Sorry if already posted:

Well you never know, look how well its gone since whatever judgement he has has been applied at his new club............

QMU-1875
07-12-2011, 06:37 PM
Atleast he hasnt tried to make excuses for himself however his attitude to the job was his biggest down fall. He knew he wasnt doing the job anywhere near to the standard expected and still didnt walk, he was after the pay out and knew full well he would walk into the birmingham post. Wish him all the best in the future though and hope we never see anything like the football we were subjected to during his time here again!

In paddy fenlon we trust :pfgwa

lapsedhibee
07-12-2011, 06:44 PM

Not really, no. I agree with Dan that his "Ain't I lucky to land a job at Brimmingham" is BS, so I would only say that he's as honest as the day is long if the day's spent somewhere in the Arctic circle at the end of December.

But I didn't realise that was the point you were making. I thought you were saying that players regularly said they'd never leave for the OF. Pat Stanton might have said it, quietly, 938178031513 years ago, but I've never heard it at all.

Newhaven
07-12-2011, 08:42 PM
Hollow words from Hibernians worst ever manager IMO. I wish nothing but failure for Coco and his club. Was working his ticket and treated the fans like dirt.

I see he's working his magic already. Brum one up to Hull away from home and now beat 2-1. Keep up the good work!!

down-the-slope
07-12-2011, 09:00 PM
Quite ashamed to be a Hibs fan some times........like some of the comments on this thread...:rolleyes:

Kammy1875
07-12-2011, 09:09 PM

When he's the manager of the club then aye, show the players you are loyal and here for the long term or just say nothing at all.

Calderwood wanted to leave in the summer, we can't tell if this had any effect on the field though because we were ***** before and after the summer.

Hes gone now and at the job he always wanted to be at setting up the cones for his pal Houghton, I couldn't give a **** if he fails or not.

Kaiser1962
08-12-2011, 06:41 AM
Calderwood wanted to leave in the summer

You do not know this to be true and are basing your statement on what he didn't say , rather than on what he said, and you are now stating this as a fact when it's not.

That's not to say he wouldn't have moved on if a suitable offer was made, which it wasn't, but that can be applied to anyone.