PDA

View Full Version : Prestonpans ..significant Hibs support ??

Stanton
06-12-2011, 10:39 PM
:confused: What say you lads from the Pans :confused:

1two
06-12-2011, 10:42 PM
Huns mainly followed by hibbys?

I'm not from pans though

.Sean.
06-12-2011, 10:47 PM
I know several big Hibbies from the Pans, one of whom is a poster on this site. How come?

Stanton
06-12-2011, 10:51 PM
Just curious ...I was talking to a guy who said it was strongly Rangers ...I suggested there was a decent Hibs contingent ....which he poo poohed :greengrin

.Sean.
06-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Just curious ...I was talking to a guy who said it was strongly Rangers ...I suggested there was a decent Hibs contingent ....which he poo poohed :greengrin It's like every East Lothian town - a smattering of real football supporters who follow a real side, and hundreds of Old Firm 'fans'the majority of which have never set foot in Parkhead or Ibrox yet fill the boozers when 'their team' is on TV. I'd struggle to name someone in Haddington who goes to watch one of the Old Firm yet my good mates who follow Moyherwell, Hearts, Hibs and Cowdenbeath attend whenever they can. Nothing worse than an East Coast gloryhunter.

NOLA
07-12-2011, 12:00 AM
quite a few huns in the pans right enough, is the lodge not there? :greengrin i know more hibbies from tranent.

hibby67
07-12-2011, 12:14 AM
Down here in Dunbar there is a good mixture
plenty follow the ugly sisters a few jambos..........

but a lot of hibs supporters or so it seems or maybe i am selective of whom i associate with

BenjiOscar
07-12-2011, 06:19 AM
Quite a number of us from the Pans, when I moved back here I was surprised how many. Also a lot of Hibbies involved with Preston Athletic (as well as a few Jambos).

pacorosssco
07-12-2011, 06:24 AM
Good on all those Hibs supporters from east lothian. Old squirm fans from east/west lothian, ayr and fife are the lowest of the low . that is all

norhfc
07-12-2011, 06:50 AM
thing you have to realise with OF fans is......they poo poo everyone and everything if it doesnt envolve one of their own
wee club.....ie the OF,everyone one else they call a diddy team.....they are so in bed together its actually funny,pretending
to hate each other just feeds the two.....hope they are all very happy in their relationship.

Calvin
07-12-2011, 07:47 AM
Quite a number of us from the Pans, when I moved back here I was surprised how many.
I agree, think there are a few just on my street at home. I've found the Pans to be really quite a Hibby town. Of my mates there, most are Hibs fans and one or two are Jambos. On a matchday you're guaranteed to see quite a few Hibs scarves standing waiting on the 26.

When I stayed in Longniddry it was nearly exclusively Hibs fans though.

Why do you ask OP?

Beefster
07-12-2011, 07:57 AM
I'm still reeling at the news that someone in the Pans has the Internet. I thought it was still the 1980's there.

greenlex
07-12-2011, 08:21 AM
I'm still reeling at the news that someone in the Pans has the Internet. I thought it was still the 1980's there.

:agree: sure I saw a Flock of Seaguls there just yesterday.

Top Pans Hibby
07-12-2011, 08:33 AM
There are loads of Hibbys in the Pans - top and bottom for that matter !!

surreyhibbie
07-12-2011, 08:49 AM
Used to be a fair contingent got the Musselburgh bus to games back in the day. One of them still posts here I believe. And one other who moved there from Sunny Wallyford....

tamig
13-12-2011, 06:51 PM
I'm from the Pans originally and there are a number of good Hibbies there.

Back in the early 80s before I move to the Toon, I'd say there were slightly more Hertz fans than Hibbies but probably not much in it with OF fans as well. There used to be a big Hertz supporters club in the Pans and we had the old Musselburgh bus setting off from Port Seton and stopping off in the late 70s/ early 80s. The Tranent bus run by Tyson, the McBrides and Jim Gray also stopped off in the Pans in the 80s.

1two
13-12-2011, 07:33 PM

It's a progressive wee toon, comparable to china I suppose.

They finally got grid electricity in 2003 swiftly followed televisions in 2005 and the Internet in 2009.
Expect to see Prestonpans Olympic games in 2016 :agree:

fat freddy
13-12-2011, 08:38 PM
i passed through a few weeks ago and its turned into the mural capital of the world....wherever you look there is street art and massive murals painted on gables...it gives the place a bit of identity:top marks

Sudds_1
13-12-2011, 08:48 PM
Plenty Huns live around me........at least one regularly flies the red hand of ulster out his window for reasons best known to himself.......

........probably not that surprising. The Pans is well known for orange marches....there was a huge one here earlier this year though.

On balance, I'd not say the Pans was "significantly" hibby......The Brig pub in tranent up the road is a good hibby pub though. :flag:

fatbloke
13-12-2011, 08:53 PM
Used to be a fair contingent got the Musselburgh bus to games back in the day. One of them still posts here I believe. And one other who moved there from Sunny Wallyford....

Brian - I am only doon here coz I'm on the witness protection programme.:greengrin

fatbloke
13-12-2011, 09:04 PM
Quite a few Hibby's in PPans and Port Seton - some been going for a very long time. Of course some have started going to Old Trafford ****in glory hunters of the worst kind. They know who they are. 129 Firstbus to Ocean Terminal goes past Loch Inn now - very handy - used it on Saturday.

surreyhibbie
13-12-2011, 09:09 PM
Brian - I am only doon here coz I'm on the witness protection programme.:greengrin

Hidin' fae the polis, mair like!:greengrin

.Sean.
13-12-2011, 09:17 PM
Plenty Huns live around me........at least one regularly flies the red hand of ulster out his window for reasons best known to himself.......

........probably not that surprising. The Pans is well known for orange marches....there was a huge one here earlier this year though.

On balance, I'd not say the Pans was "significantly" hibby......The Brig pub in tranent up the road is a good hibby pub though. :flag:
As is The Railway in Haddington :agree:

Quite a fair Hibby contingent in East Lothian.

MSK
13-12-2011, 09:25 PM

On balance, I'd not say the Pans was "significantly" hibby......The Brig pub in tranent up the road is a good hibby pub though. :flag:Was the Brigg no a yam pub when Tam Tiffney had it ..?

fatbloke
13-12-2011, 09:25 PM
Hidin' fae the polis, mair like!:greengrin

You have your take on it - I have mine:greengrin

The Harp Awakes
13-12-2011, 11:16 PM
I've lived in East Lothian (Musselburgh) for 20 years+ and things have changed in that time. When I first moved from the toon, there seemed to be as many Hearts and Rangers fans as Hibs, but now I'd say Musselburgh, The Pans, Tranent, Wallyford and even Macmerry have a sizeable Hibs following and more in number than other teams. There still is a sizeable Rangers following though, followed by Hearts and much less Celtic.

I think that the increase in the Hibs following is probably due to folk moving from the East of Edinburgh to the East Lothian suburbs over the years.

SteveHFC
13-12-2011, 11:19 PM
Here in Dalkeith. We have many glory-hunters who have never been to a game before to Ibrox or Parkhead in their lives.

Beefster
14-12-2011, 06:45 AM
It's a progressive wee toon, comparable to china I suppose.

They finally got grid electricity in 2003 swiftly followed televisions in 2005 and the Internet in 2009.
Expect to see Prestonpans Olympic games in 2016 :agree:

If it's anything like their Highland Games (do they still happen?), we're in for an extravaganza!

snooky
14-12-2011, 05:28 PM
If it's anything like their Highland Games (do they still happen?), we're in for an extravaganza!

:agree: Ongoing since 1745 - Panobites v Government Forces (polis)

S.sct
14-12-2011, 06:00 PM
Yes there certainly seems to be more Hibbys in the Pans now than there was in the 80's & 90's. We had a decent wee mob that travelled home and away with firstly the Musselburgh bus then Port Seton. At that time there was certainly more yams in the area, they had one of the biggest supporters clubs in their federation (or whatever they call it). I even travelled home from tynie on that bus after a derby and took a pounding for the cause (verbal and yes we lost). There were also busses leaving for Ibrox and Parkhead every week...nothing new there...

Nice to see the Hibs support gowing in my home town, just need us veterens to get interested in attending games again.....:aok:

S.sct
14-12-2011, 06:06 PM
Quite a few Hibby's in PPans and Port Seton - some been going for a very long time. Of course some have started going to Old Trafford ****in glory hunters of the worst kind. They know who they are. 129 Firstbus to Ocean Terminal goes past Loch Inn now - very handy - used it on Saturday.

Can I smell fish here????

.Sean.
14-12-2011, 06:15 PM
:tee hee:

Hibercelona
14-12-2011, 06:26 PM

I believe they still use the arPANet. :wink:

monktonharp
14-12-2011, 07:08 PM
ah, the Pans..............the memories, an asylum wi' the lid off. loads o' my auld pit "neeburs" doon there, and maistly huns. still ma wee nephew is a hibby fae there, the times they are a changing. pity wee good not put a team on the park.

skipster7
14-12-2011, 08:18 PM
This is the first time in 25 years that big Cha's not got a season ticket,usually gets 3 in fact.still goes to hibs games but just not when man u are at home:greengrin. we should be worried when die hards like him start giving up the ghost, a true sign of how pish we've been for 2 years and how pish scottish fitba is.

S.sct
14-12-2011, 08:31 PM
Yip......totally agree....the big man's patience certaily lasted a lot longer than mine.