PDA

View Full Version : Dec 28th

IWasThere2016
06-12-2011, 07:36 PM
Is there any games live on TV that day? BBC SPL page says full card - including OF derby - is 19:45 ko's

Barney McGrew
06-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Is there any games live on TV that day? BBC SPL page says full card - including OF derby - is 19:45 ko's

OF game is live on Sky, our game is delayed transmission on BBC Alba. All SPL games are 7.45 KO.

Edit - all our games now until the end of the year are available in full on the tellybox. Huns on Sky, Sheep on ESPN and Arabs/Caley on Alba.

Sir David Gray
06-12-2011, 07:39 PM
Old Firm is live on Sky.

IWasThere2016
06-12-2011, 07:43 PM
Cheers guys - I thought live tv games couldn't clash the non-tv games, and thought OF ko time was wrong - clearly not.

Jack
06-12-2011, 07:48 PM
Cheers guys - I thought live tv games couldn't clash the non-tv games, and thought OF ko time was wrong - clearly not. I think only Saturday at 3 is sacred.

IWasThere2016
06-12-2011, 07:52 PM
Cheers guys - I thought live tv games couldn't clash the non-tv games, and thought OF ko time was wrong - clearly not.

Hibs Class
06-12-2011, 07:56 PM

That's normally the case but the SPL are always happy to make an exception for the OF :rolleyes:

greenlex
06-12-2011, 10:00 PM
Hibs V Celtic Live On sky Sunday 19th feb at 3.00. Thats a strange one.:agree:

Future17
06-12-2011, 10:04 PM

I think that's an FA Cup weekend so that kick-off time will probably change after 7-8 January when the draw for that round is made and Sky decides its schedule.

3pm
06-12-2011, 10:06 PM

FA Cup weekend, therefore no EPL? Just a guess.

.Sean.
06-12-2011, 10:49 PM
OF game is live on Sky, our game is delayed transmission on BBC Alba. All SPL games are 7.45 KO.Edit - all our games now until the end of the year are available in full on the tellybox. Huns on Sky, Sheep on ESPN and Arabs/Caley on Alba. Aye - and not one of them is a 3 o'clock kick-off.

JimBHibees
07-12-2011, 08:54 AM
Complete lunacy to have the other SPL games in direct competition to a live OF game. Why not move the OF or the SPL card to the Tuesday where they could have played the games during the day as a public holiday.

IFONLY
07-12-2011, 09:05 AM
Complete lunacy to have the other SPL games in direct competition to a live OF game. Why not move the OF or the SPL card to the Tuesday where they could have played the games during the day as a public holiday.

Dinnae be daft that`s too sensible an idea for the S.P.L. to consider

pentlando
07-12-2011, 09:07 AM
I think that's an FA Cup weekend so that kick-off time will probably change after 7-8 January when the draw for that round is made and Sky decides its schedule.

Is it not just ITV and ESPN that has the FA Cup contracts? Therefore we'll probably be sky's top game that weekend, hence we get the sacred super sunday spot:flag:

LancashireHibby
07-12-2011, 09:10 AM
Is it not just ITV and ESPN that has the FA Cup contracts? Therefore we'll probably be sky's top game that weekend, hence we get the sacred super sunday spot:flag:

Technically isn't the Super Sunday slot a 4pm kick off rather than 3? You're right about the FA Cup coverage though.

pentlando
07-12-2011, 09:14 AM
Technically isn't the Super Sunday slot a 4pm kick off rather than 3? You're right about the FA Cup coverage though.

Technically lol. Suppose it may be their only live game that day so can schedule it whenever. Glad i'll be at the game, listening to Neil McCann's opinion has become a right chore these days!

lyonhibs
07-12-2011, 08:25 PM
OF game is live on Sky, our game is delayed transmission on BBC Alba. All SPL games are 7.45 KO.

Edit - all our games now until the end of the year are available in full on the tellybox. Huns on Sky, Sheep on ESPN and Arabs/Caley on Alba.

Is the Huns definitely on Sky Sports??

Can't see it listed for December 10th on the attached link
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12942,00.html

Edit: It's on ESPN

http://tv.espn.co.uk/gb/espl/get-espn?ex_cid=football-614x50

Carheenlea
07-12-2011, 08:32 PM

I don`t see any problem with that. If your a non-OF fan and your teams playing at the same time as an OF derby on the telly, your hardly going to be wanting to tune in to watch.

Hibs Class
07-12-2011, 08:48 PM
I don`t see any problem with that. If your a non-OF fan and your teams playing at the same time as an OF derby on the telly, your hardly going to be wanting to tune in to watch.

Every club hopes there will be a decent number of walk-ups / neutrals at their games and giving folk the choice of OF on the TV or going to a match will reduce those walk-ups. Given that every OF away match is on the TV at a time which doesn't clash with other SPL matches (and given the trial of Friday evening kick-offs to supposedly see what fans like / encourage them to attend) scheduling the OF match at the same time as the rest is another clear message from the SPL that the OF come before the rest and deserve special consideration.

LancashireHibby
07-12-2011, 08:51 PM
Every club hopes there will be a decent number of walk-ups / neutrals at their games and giving folk the choice of OF on the TV or going to a match will reduce those walk-ups. Given that every OF away match is on the TV at a time which doesn't clash with other SPL matches (and given the trial of Friday evening kick-offs to supposedly see what fans like / encourage them to attend) scheduling the OF match at the same time as the rest is another clear message from the SPL that the OF come before the rest and deserve special consideration.

Somehow I don't think many neutrals have been coming to ER for the past 18 months or so!

Didn't realise the Hibs game was at the same time as the bigot brothers. I'd better cancel my hotel, train tickets and match tickets now I know that. Oh, hang on, I'm a Hibs fan so why would I want to watch that pair of parasites on the telly when I could be watching my own team in the flesh?!

JimBHibees
08-12-2011, 09:54 AM

Hear what you are saying however with crowds as they are to give up using an afternoon bank holiday slot when all teams (bar OF) could have played on the 27th and then the OF Live game could have been on the 28th. I thnk people are looking for things to do just after Xmas and to then directly clash with a live game on the Wednesday seems stupid in the extreme. Are we trying to get more fans through the doors or not.

ahibby
08-12-2011, 10:01 AM
Only loosely connected to the topic but I wondered whether anyone could advise me as to whether I'd be able to to pick up internet coverage of Hibs games over the festive season (say 20/12 to 10/1) if I took my laptop to Mexico, maybe through Hibs TV but would it work in Mexico?