PDA

View Full Version : Irvine Welsh mini series

CmoantheHibs
06-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Was out with a friend the other night and he mentioned a mini series on tv(think it was channel 4)that covered an Irvine Welsh novel.Ended up a bit pissed and he has gone elsewhere so cant ask him about it.Can anyone give me some info on what it was?

bingo70
06-12-2011, 05:09 PM
Was out with a friend the other night and he mentioned a mini series on tv(think it was channel 4)that covered an Irvine Welsh novel.Ended up a bit pissed and he has gone elsewhere so cant ask him about it.Can anyone give me some info on what it was?

might have been wedding belles?

programme that was set in leith, was a few years ago it was on the tele, pretty sure Irvine welsh wrote it, not sure if it was a book or not first though?

MSK
06-12-2011, 05:43 PM

programme that was set in leith, was a few years ago it was on the tele, pretty sure Irvine welsh wrote it, not sure if it was a book or not first though?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedding_Belles

Killiehibbie
06-12-2011, 08:15 PM
Wedding Belles is available to watch on 4OD.

The_Exile
07-12-2011, 01:21 PM
Probably was 'The Acid House'.

The Granton Star Cause being a particular highlight

snooky
09-12-2011, 09:06 PM

programme that was set in leith, was a few years ago it was on the tele, pretty sure Irvine welsh wrote it, not sure if it was a book or not first though?

Shirely Henderson was absolutely brilliant in Wedding Belles as was Michelle Gomez (of Green Wing fame).

Hiber-nation
10-12-2011, 09:04 AM
Probably was 'The Acid House'.

The Granton Star Cause being a particular highlight

Especially Boab snr and Doreen in the front room :wink: