(Former Academy Director)

Sinking ship still sinking?

1two
06-12-2011, 05:53 PM
Pàrdòn?

Part/Time Supporter
06-12-2011, 06:00 PM
http://www.football365.com/spl/7356218/Murray-handed-new-Hearts-role

All part of the Hertz spin that dumping practically their whole first team is part of some grand masterplan.

johnbc70
06-12-2011, 06:00 PM
http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20111206/director-of-football_2241384_2539256

Kammy1875
06-12-2011, 06:03 PM
With them going down the pan, why would they care about promoting some boy?

ballengeich
06-12-2011, 06:06 PM
A promotion! It's the chance for the lucky man to take out a bigger mortgage and buy that dream house, new car, .... - eh maybe not.

Broken Gnome
06-12-2011, 06:13 PM
Is this finally the unveiling of the incognito one?

Andy74
06-12-2011, 06:16 PM
Mental.

Beefster
06-12-2011, 06:18 PM
If you can't pay folk, keep them sweet with a promotion (that they won't get paid for).

Big team employee relations management 101.

Dalianwanda
06-12-2011, 06:20 PM
I thought there was a media blackout still in place :confused:

Kammy1875
06-12-2011, 06:22 PM
If you can't pay folk, keep them sweet with a promotion (that they won't get paid for).

Big team employee relations management 101.

Was it not some of the playing squad that weren't paid, the other staff got there dosh? :rolleyes:

Billy Whizz
06-12-2011, 06:27 PM
Is it bye bye Paulo then

Kammy1875
06-12-2011, 06:34 PM
Is it bye bye Paulo then

Which is very unfortunate. Hopefully after the 2nd :agree:

bingo70
06-12-2011, 07:06 PM
So Vlad says the future of Hearts is going to be binning the first team and promoting the youth team and he then promotes the youth team manager to a higher profile more senior position that'll be in charge of transfers?

Whats the chances Sergio will be punted shortly, this guy gets the 'caretaker job' before getting the gig full time while the club sell the idea as he was highly regarded with the players before and the natural replacement to work with the players and help develop them from youth team to first team?

Obviously all guesswork but i can't see any other reason to promote someone to be in charge of transfers at a time when they say they can't afford the current players wages and a few weeks after they say they're going to be relying on youth.

banarc7062
06-12-2011, 07:14 PM
So Vlad says the future of Hearts is going to be binning the first team and promoting the youth team and he then promotes the youth team manager to a higher profile more senior position that'll be in charge of transfers?

Whats the chances Sergio will be punted shortly, this guy gets the 'caretaker job' before getting the gig full time while the club sell the idea as he was highly regarded with the players before and the natural replacement to work with the players and help develop them from youth team to first team?

Obviously all guesswork but i can't see any other reason to promote someone to be in charge of transfers at a time when they say they can't afford the current players wages and a few weeks after they say they're going to be relying on youth.

Would seem to be a very realistic possibillity. Quite accurate. Watch this space :wink:

Peevemor
06-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Gary McCock's not impressed.

We’ve now got somebody who runs the Youth Academy being put in charge of all contractual negotiations – what a nonsense.

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/opinion/analysis/gary_mackay_situation_critical_as_travails_of_the_ hearts_impact_play_1_1991422

Carheenlea
06-12-2011, 07:21 PM
I would say it`s almost a certainty that Hearts` next manager will be Gary Locke.

matty_f
06-12-2011, 07:24 PM
I would say it`s almost a certainty that Hearts` next manager will be Gary Locke.

Wouldn't think so - I don't think they can afford him.

bingo70
06-12-2011, 07:26 PM
Wouldn't think so - I don't think they can afford him.

I know you were being serious but reading that still made me laugh. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
06-12-2011, 07:27 PM

At no cost to himself, Vlad is creating the illusion of a longer term plan so that the believers cough up for half season tickets. :agree:

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-12-2011, 07:30 PM
There's some hilarious ranting by "fans" at the bottom of the article, please please somebody sign these muppets up for a new series of The Comedians

:agree:

steakbake
06-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Is it bye bye Paulo then

You'd feel sorry for him if there was no indication that HMFC are as disfunctional as they are. However, even passing curiosity in his current employers before he took the job would have confirmed that it is no place to try to be a serious football manager.

Not that we're much better but we are at least predictable: just get nervous round the AGM time...

matty_f
06-12-2011, 07:33 PM
I know you were being serious but reading that still made me laugh. :greengrin

Same here! :thumbsup:

degenerated
06-12-2011, 07:48 PM
Nero fiddles while Gordon burns.

Barney McGrew
06-12-2011, 07:51 PM

Fingers crossed.

That trumpet in charge of a team of young laddies, with all the older players gone and a ten point deduction has relegation written all over it.

Excellent :greengrin

Kammy1875
06-12-2011, 07:53 PM
Fingers crossed.

That trumpet in charge of a team of young laddies, with all the older players gone and a ten point deduction has relegation written all over it.

Excellent :greengrin

Cocke taking Hearts down would be absolutely ****ing tremendous. He's meant to be daft as **** as well so it would be amazing :greengrin

TowerHibs
06-12-2011, 08:02 PM
John Murray is actually a top bloke and his football knowledge is different class!

I thought we might have got him in to replace John Park a few years ago! However as director of football is a bloody strange one!!! Don't think he is the man to do transfers or contracts negotiations!

Jack
06-12-2011, 08:25 PM
It has a ring to me that its a fake post to keep him at the club and happy. After all what transfers are going to happen? Certainly none going in, out they'll be taking whatever they can. His biggest attribute will be talking up the youngsters and dealing with them.

I just wish they would go, its like watching someone being ripped to shreds by piranhas in slow motion.

CyberSauzee
06-12-2011, 08:31 PM
Ide Amin once promoted all of his army up one rank.
So this weekend we'll see 10 captains and 1 coach take the field.
That of course promotes Vlad to Captain of the Fleet. Watch out for the icebergs.

SMAXXA
06-12-2011, 08:37 PM
I found the following quote quite interesting "The transition though, has to be carefully managed and the work of Darren Murray, Gary Locke and the manager"

Maybe reading too much into it but feel this was very generic, Paulo on a shoogly????

:greengrin

Jack
06-12-2011, 08:57 PM
I found the following quote quite interesting "The transition though, has to be carefully managed and the work of Darren Murray, Gary Locke and the manager"Maybe reading too much into it but feel this was very generic, Paulo on a shoogly????:greengrin Officially Hibs normally refer to the manager by his position rather than by his name.

Eyrie
06-12-2011, 09:33 PM
Given that Mackay works as an agent, how much should we read into this remark?

I think most players at the football club would willingly leave the club right now given the instability

The rats are ready to desert the sinking submariner.

Mixu62
06-12-2011, 10:00 PM
Ide Amin once promoted all of his army up one rank.
So this weekend we'll see 10 captains and 1 coach take the field.
That of course promotes Vlad to Captain of the Fleet. Watch out for the icebergs.

:faf: Re-arranging the deck chairs on the tynetanic

Lucius Apuleius
07-12-2011, 07:06 AM
As Kevin said, John Murray is actually a very nice guy. Younger son played for him many moons ago and he has a great knowledge of football. Still a stupid appointment though. The man is a coach.

Part/Time Supporter
07-12-2011, 07:13 AM
Michael Johnston (Killie) has a wee pop at the fuds here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16062132.stm

Mehdi Taouil, Jamie Hamill and Frazer Wright declined offers of new contracts on improved terms to join other SPL clubs. At least two of them might be questioning the wisdom of that at present.

Cropley10
07-12-2011, 08:13 AM
At no cost to himself, Vlad is creating the illusion of a longer term plan so that the believers cough up for half season tickets. :agree:

Or they even cough £12.50 for an adult home ticket, about half what ST holders pay. Brilliant.

bingo70
07-12-2011, 08:23 AM
Michael Johnston (Killie) has a wee pop at the fuds here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16062132.stm

This is the reason the SFA/SPL should be able to get involved in hearts finances even though there's not been an official complaint.

Hearts have effectively been cheating over the last few years and it's about time the authorities put in place some regulations to stop this shambles happening again, UEFA are putting in place these regulations and they already exist in France so there's no reason at all we shouldn't be doing the same, especially considering what happened with Gretna and the current state Hertz and Rangers are in.

The_Famous_HFC
07-12-2011, 09:23 AM
And hibs? Our accounts show an increase in losses and a decrease in income each year. Crowds of 8k are not going to help that. Be careful what u you wish for....
This is the reason the SFA/SPL should be able to get involved in hearts finances even though there's not been an official complaint.Hearts have effectively been cheating over the last few years and it's about time the authorities put in place some regulations to stop this shambles happening again, UEFA are putting in place these regulations and they already exist in France so there's no reason at all we shouldn't be doing the same, especially considering what happened with Gretna and the current state Hertz and Rangers are in.

bingo70
07-12-2011, 09:30 AM
And hibs? Our accounts show an increase in losses and a decrease in income each year. Crowds of 8k are not going to help that. Be careful what u you wish for....

And our outgoings will come down accordingly unfortunately and one things for sure is that our auditors will sign off our accounts.

But ultimately, yes, if we're continually spending more than we can afford to finish above teams that run their club within it's means then we should be dealt with the same.

IMO this is going to be the best way of forcing clubs to bring through young scottish players instead of overpaid foreign diddies that aren't any better than what we can produce ourselves.

JimBHibees
07-12-2011, 10:02 AM
:faf: Re-arranging the deck chairs on the tynetanic

Good line, like it. :greengrin