PDA

View Full Version : Players out

deek
06-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Sorry if it has been mentioned before but, it looks like Thornhil and Agogo could be gone by January?

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/the_rumour_mill_tuesday_s_football_news_and_gossip _1_1991697

PISTOL1875
06-12-2011, 01:45 PM
Think Thornhill isn't a bad player but just been unlucky with injuries and form hasn't been the best either...

Agogo I thought came onto a game recently when he played up front with GOC.. Seemed to struggle a bit when he played behind GOC and Griffths...

Northernhibee
06-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Fenlon told Agogo last Thursday that he was leaving the club in January, and Agogo immediately went for Nutsy.

He's currently made it halfway across the room.

MSK
06-12-2011, 02:10 PM
Fenlon told Agogo last Thursday that he was leaving the club in January, and Agogo immediately went for Nutsy.

He's currently made it halfway across the room.Jeez ..he has only just got here ..things must be bad at EM ...:greengrin

silverhibee
06-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Sorry if it has been mentioned before but, it looks like Thornhil and Agogo could be gone by January?

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/the_rumour_mill_tuesday_s_football_news_and_gossip _1_1991697

How do we get rid of them though.

SteveHFC
06-12-2011, 02:16 PM
How do we get rid of them though.

Pay them off?

Judas Iscariot
06-12-2011, 02:18 PM
2 no hopers, well rid :agree:

Northernhibee
06-12-2011, 02:26 PM
Jeez ..he has only just got here ..things must be bad at EM ...:greengrin

I'm thinking of managing Hibs as part of a gap year.

LancashireHibby
06-12-2011, 02:30 PM

He's currently made it halfway across the room.

I believe Agogo has finally reached Fenlon....and missed.

Walter
06-12-2011, 02:32 PM
I'm thinking of managing Hibs as part of a gap year.

:greengrin:top marks:not worth

Northernhibee
06-12-2011, 03:04 PM
They've had taxi's booked for them, Thornhill leaving first thing.

He's instructed Petrie to "Wake me up before Agogo".

HibbyAndy
06-12-2011, 03:07 PM
Its all very well saying get rid of Agogo Thornhill Scott etc, But we need clubs willing to take them of our hands, We cant just bin them as they have Contracts.Players like Jimmy Scott on 3 and a 1/2 year deals :rolleyes: Will be reluctant to go anywhere else as they wont get betters offers anywhere else than the contracts they are on just now.

Lofarl
06-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Just do what big teams do and just don't pay their wages. Real Madrid, Barca and Hearts do it all the time.

brog
06-12-2011, 03:22 PM
This is one of those self-fulfilling prophesies. The rumour starts here, the press pick it up & print it in guess what, Football Rumours!! We pick up on it & by doing this it suddenly becomes a fact, Fact!!
No criticism of OP, just somewhat bemused at the way these things happen. PS, what did journos do before the internet?

silverhibee
06-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Pay them off?

Can we afford to do that MB..

On another subject i am sure a while ago you posted a link regarding framed photo's of Hibs players past and present that you could purchase maybe of Hibs offical site, if it was you do you still have the link. Cheers. :aok:

Sammy7nil
06-12-2011, 03:40 PM
This is one of those self-fulfilling prophesies. The rumour starts here, the press pick it up & print it in guess what, Football Rumours!! We pick up on it & by doing this it suddenly becomes a fact, Fact!!
No criticism of OP, just somewhat bemused at the way these things happen. PS, what did journos do before the internet?

I think they got pissed with players hoping to get a story. :greengrin

silverhibee
06-12-2011, 03:42 PM

Sit in boozers and listen to the rumours from the punters that were very drunk and slavering crap. :greengrin

SteveHFC
06-12-2011, 03:54 PM

On another subject i am sure a while ago you posted a link regarding framed photo's of Hibs players past and present that you could purchase maybe of Hibs offical site, if it was you do you still have the link. Cheers. :aok:

http://www.hibernianfcpix.com/ (http://www.hibernianfcpix.com/) :aok:

Mark79
06-12-2011, 03:54 PM
I wish we would actually have the balls and finances to get rid of the dross that hangs around the club. These two and many more simply average players at very best and not what we need to take the club forward. Sadly though we will end up stick with jokers like them until someone buys them or the contracts expire.

3pm
06-12-2011, 05:51 PM

Was there not something on here suggesting we no longer pay up contracts?!

Kammy1875
06-12-2011, 05:55 PM
You would hope the players not wanted would have enough Professional pride not to want to sit on the bench here and move far, far, far away :agree:

Out:

O'Hanlon
Murray
Stevenson
Thornhill
Scott
Sodje
Agogo
Towell

RyeSloan
06-12-2011, 06:02 PM
I wish we would actually have the balls and finances to get rid of the dross that hangs around the club. These two and many more simply average players at very best and not what we need to take the club forward. Sadly though we will end up stick with jokers like them until someone buys them or the contracts expire.

How many times have I read this type of post on here...only for the 'dross' to be shipped out and replacements brought in...then read another post 12 months later demanding the 'dross' be shipped out...etc etc etc.

I'm seriously hoping that Fenlon can manage to mould a team first and foremost and that hard work, tactics and a bit of basic training ground work will mean we don't have to go through the expensive and damaging removal of 'dross' and that we can build a side with quality players over time and at our own pace...otehrwise its forever a dross removal excercise that seems to achieve nothing but cost us money.

silverhibee
06-12-2011, 06:22 PM
http://www.hibernianfcpix.com/ (http://www.hibernianfcpix.com/) :aok:

Cheers Mainboy. :aok:

tamig
06-12-2011, 09:04 PM
I thought somebody had posted up a few days back it was Thornhill and Sodje who were on the way. Who to believe eh?

Kammy1875
06-12-2011, 09:20 PM
I thought somebody had posted up a few days back it was Thornhill and Sodje who were on the way. Who to believe eh?

I posted on Friday Thornhill was told to find another club apparently. There was then a link to the Hibees Bounce where Sodje was mentioned. :aok:

basehibby
06-12-2011, 10:21 PM
How many times have I read this type of post on here...only for the 'dross' to be shipped out and replacements brought in...then read another post 12 months later demanding the 'dross' be shipped out...etc etc etc.

I'm seriously hoping that Fenlon can manage to mould a team first and foremost and that hard work, tactics and a bit of basic training ground work will mean we don't have to go through the expensive and damaging removal of 'dross' and that we can build a side with quality players over time and at our own pace...otehrwise its forever a dross removal excercise that seems to achieve nothing but cost us money.

:agree: I would have thought the only reason anybody would have been told to leave at this early stage of Fenlon's tenure is if they'd managed to do something to severely piss him off during his short time in charge so far - otherwise why wouldn't he want to give them a chance to see what they could do?

For that reason I'd take all these rumours with a hefty pinch of salt - I've no doubt there will be changes but why should Fenlon ring them now when he's still got a few games and weeks of training to assess what's at his disposal and has yet to guide his new side through 90 mins of football? :dunno:

sahib
06-12-2011, 11:05 PM
:agree: I would have thought the only reason anybody would have been told to leave at this early stage of Fenlon's tenure is if they'd managed to do something to severely piss him off during his short time in charge so far - otherwise why wouldn't he want to give them a chance to see what they could do?

For that reason I'd take all these rumours with a hefty pinch of salt - I've no doubt there will be changes but why should Fenlon ring them now when he's still got a few games and weeks of training to assess what's at his disposal and has yet to guide his new side through 90 mins of football? :dunno:

It is not too hard to believe, that cutting the wage bill was a large part of his remit and this to be done with immediate effect. January in this case.

Peevemor
06-12-2011, 11:19 PM
It is not too hard to believe, that cutting the wage bill was a large part of his remit and this to be done with immediate effect. January in this case.

As with most managers, it'll be a case of having to move people on to free up money for players he wants to bring in.

Judas Iscariot
07-12-2011, 08:11 AM

Lost in translation I believe!

Sodje was on the bench on Friday so I don't think he was dealt as severe a message as the other 2 but I think Sodje is training with the 19's along with MT & JA

JimBHibees
07-12-2011, 01:13 PM

Agree I want a manager that can come in and create an environment where he is getting more out of the players that are here and then be able to strengthen that with 2 or 3 of his own. Clubs like Hibs cannot afford the annual buying out of players contracts only to do the same exercise in a years time.