PDA

View Full Version : Any Hibs Fans in NZ?

spike220
06-12-2011, 07:36 AM
Any Hibs fans in NZ or Auckland to be more precise?

Iain G
06-12-2011, 08:19 AM

Nope, nobody here...well not in Auckland anyhow :wink:

Steve-O
06-12-2011, 08:28 AM
Naw :no way:

Callum_62
06-12-2011, 08:33 AM
I am yep....and have been for nine odd years!

Iain G
06-12-2011, 08:33 AM
Naw :no way:

Never heard of the place... :greengrin

humins
06-12-2011, 08:53 AM
yup, been a westie jaffa for 4 years

overdrive
06-12-2011, 12:31 PM
When I was in Auckland last year, I noticed a van going about with a company logo that was basically the hibs crest with the company name instead of HIBERNIAN and EDINBURGH on it. Is anybody on here responsible?

Auckland Hibs
06-12-2011, 11:02 PM

Yes, Auckland based for the past three years.

There's definitely a few of us around, a couple of years ago there was a gig by the Proclaimers out at Villa Maria near the airport and I would say that there was around 20-25 of us wearing Hibs tops down at the front when Sunshine on Leith was belted out.

Lofarl
06-12-2011, 11:14 PM
Bloody part time supporters. Being 30 hrs away is no excuse for not going to see Hibs play Dumfermline.

snooky
07-12-2011, 12:08 AM
Bloody part time supporters. Being 30 hrs away is no excuse for not going to see Hibs play Dumfermline.

Luxury! Up until Nutsy's arrival we used to DREAM about being 30 hrs away from ER. :wink:

Mixu62
07-12-2011, 01:55 AM
yup, been a westie jaffa for 4 years

Aw naw, a westie? Hide the bourbon!! Only kiddin. I lived in Glen Eden for a year and a half before heading back to civilisation!

To the OP - if your looking for somewhere to watch games, good luck, NZ doesn't get setanta (mostly). I found a backpackers bar downtown that was willing to show a game or 2 (think they've got a decoder from somewhere) but only if I could garauntee a decent turn-out, i.e at least a dozen people to make it worth their while keeping the bar open. Mostly the kiwis, and jaffa's in particular just aren't that into "socca" unless it's the EPL.

Auckland Hibs
07-12-2011, 02:07 AM
Aw naw, a westie? Hide the bourbon!! Only kiddin. I lived in Glen Eden for a year and a half before heading back to civilisation!

To the OP - if your looking for somewhere to watch games, good luck, NZ doesn't get setanta (mostly). I found a backpackers bar downtown that was willing to show a game or 2 (think they've got a decoder from somewhere) but only if I could garauntee a decent turn-out, i.e at least a dozen people to make it worth their while keeping the bar open. Mostly the kiwis, and jaffa's in particular just aren't that into "socca" unless it's the EPL.

As a matter of interest, where was the backpacker bar in town with the decoder?

The only place that I have ever seen show any Scottish Games in Auckland was the home of the Rangers Supporters Club NZ (The Paddington) but they do it through the internet as no-one could find a decoder with links to Setanta, also they usually only gather the OF games and Cup matches.

aliman82
07-12-2011, 05:38 AM
As a matter of interest, where was the backpacker bar in town with the decoder?

The only place that I have ever seen show any Scottish Games in Auckland was the home of the Rangers Supporters Club NZ (The Paddington) but they do it through the internet as no-one could find a decoder with links to Setanta, also they usually only gather the OF games and Cup matches.

I'll second that request; rotten quality, dodgy streams just aint cutting it. :boo hoo:

Callum_62
07-12-2011, 05:55 AM
The CFC (Celtic Supporters Club) used to stream the tics games down near newmarket...dunno if they still do, as I dont play with them anymore.

Seriously worth purchasing through HI....I do frequently and rarely have an issue....

Mixu62
07-12-2011, 06:10 AM
I'm sure the tic fans home base is the Claddagh in Newmarket, which is a hovel of an "Irish" boozer, meaning it's full of English people wearing Man U and Liverpool shirts. The backpacker bar was Base on Fort Street, but that was a few years ago, when I wanted to see the CIS cup final v Killie live. If anyone is interested in getting a wee crew together for a live game over the holidays, drop me a pm and I'll see if they're still willing to do it. Dunno about anyone else, but my work shuts down for the whole Xmas & New Year period so I'd be up for a late night/early morning sesh!:thumbsup: But as mentioned, it'd need to be enough people to make it worth their while opening the bar......or even just a few people with a garauntee that we're all p1$$heads who will spend heaps at the bar!!

Hibernia Na Eir
07-12-2011, 06:45 AM
my big pal is a huge hibby from Dunedin.

Steve-O
07-12-2011, 06:50 AM
I'm sure the tic fans home base is the Claddagh in Newmarket, which is a hovel of an "Irish" boozer, meaning it's full of English people wearing Man U and Liverpool shirts. The backpacker bar was Base on Fort Street, but that was a few years ago, when I wanted to see the CIS cup final v Killie live. If anyone is interested in getting a wee crew together for a live game over the holidays, drop me a pm and I'll see if they're still willing to do it. Dunno about anyone else, but my work shuts down for the whole Xmas & New Year period so I'd be up for a late night/early morning sesh!:thumbsup: But as mentioned, it'd need to be enough people to make it worth their while opening the bar......or even just a few people with a garauntee that we're all p1$$heads who will spend heaps at the bar!!

Late night on the 2nd would it be?

I'll be up at the Coromandel but if I had a guarantee of the derby on a proper TV in a boozer, I could be tempted to cut the holiday slightly short! :greengrin

KWJ
05-08-2013, 12:30 PM
my big pal is a huge hibby from Dunedin.

Dredging up an old thread for the Kiwi based Hibees. Are there any of us based in Dunedin? I'm down here now and would be good to have a bit of company for the derby.

Bloody odd place this, it's like Edinburgh in a parallel universe. I had a nice pint of (properly) hand pumped ale and a haggis & black pudding doubler the day!

Before I left I was in Doolan Bros. in Newmarket and was told by a Celtic fan in there that there were a few Hibees there for the final, nearly got a little bit heated. He said I should have been up with them, happily informed him that I was in Fox's where it was 100% Hibees!

:flag:

dunedinhibs
05-08-2013, 12:41 PM
im in Dunedin too :thumbsup:

KWJ
05-08-2013, 12:42 PM
im in Dunedin too :thumbsup:

Welcome to the board! Is that remarkably good timing or are you a long time lurker?

dunedinhibs
05-08-2013, 12:49 PM
Ive been lurking about for a bit but just made my own user profile the other day and thought it was a fitting thread to post my first comment! been over here for about 8 years now my familys over here too, were all hibees.:flag::flag: