PDA

View Full Version : Griffiths' yellow card from Friday to stand...

3pm
06-12-2011, 06:22 AM
I dunno the rules but it seems a bit unfair. Fair enough if it had been a red for a bad tackle...

Danderhall Hibs
06-12-2011, 07:04 AM
A yellow card counts but O'Connor's goal doesn't? Or the 3 points we had at the time?

If the game's wiped from the records everything should be wiped.

Steve-O
06-12-2011, 07:07 AM
That is an absolute nonsense, but no surprise from the SFA/SPL clowns running our game.

marinello59
06-12-2011, 07:12 AM
I'll play devils advocate here. :greengrin
Suppose one of our players was the victim of a ridiculous tackle which put him out off the game for a few weeks after which the game is abandoned. Or an opposition player had been sent off for blatantly diving. Would be be happy that the perpetrator got off with no punishment as everything should be wiped from the record?

bighairyfaeleith
06-12-2011, 07:29 AM
Suppose one of our players was the victim of a ridiculous tackle which put him out off the game for a few weeks after which the game is abandoned. Or an opposition player had been sent off for blatantly diving. Would be be happy that the perpetrator got off with no punishment as everything should be wiped from the record?

GTF :wink:

marinello59
06-12-2011, 07:36 AM
GTF :wink:

:greengrin

aljo7-0
06-12-2011, 07:53 AM
Rules are rules I guess but say the booking (when nothing else counts from the abandoned game - that we were 1-0 up in) had resulted in Griffiths going over the disciplinary threshold - it does seem entirely wrong that he could then be banned from the whole replay of a game that he would have been able to finnish, if it had continued.

SuperEddieT
06-12-2011, 08:07 AM

That's fair enough and should probably be the case but it doesn't address why we don't get the 3 points. I'm not sue you can have one but not the other.

SquashedFrogg
06-12-2011, 08:16 AM
That's fair enough and should probably be the case but it doesn't address why we don't get the 3 points. I'm not sue you can have one but not the other.

Shouldn't we get 1.5 points? :nerd:

PaulSmith
06-12-2011, 08:32 AM
That is an absolute nonsense, but no surprise from the SFA/SPL clowns running our game.

Aye, blame the SFA/SPL again.

Hibbyradge
06-12-2011, 08:50 AM

I'm pretty sure it's FIFA rules regarding abandoned games.

This scenario has happened before.

madabouthibs
06-12-2011, 09:11 AM
If that's the rules then fair dos. If It's a decision made by the GFA then they're a bunch o bawbags!

Spudster
06-12-2011, 09:43 AM
:confused:

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-12-2011, 09:50 AM
If there was a bad tackle that broke a player's leg, then I am not so sure that you could take that back? In these situations, there has to be some sort of rules or guidlines that say there is a responsibility on behalf of the home club to ensure that the ground is safe. If Motherwell have skipped over this or have not invested in maintaining their ground, they can't get another bite at the cherry?

frazeHFC
06-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Wtf! :wtf:

marinello59
06-12-2011, 11:49 AM
:confused:

Ah,I see the confusion. Whoops. :greengrin
I meant should the points accrued by the red card be allowed to be discounted.

danhibees1875
06-12-2011, 11:51 AM
I assume if a player was suspended from playing in the game on friday that was his suspension done and can now play again?

Does anyone know if that was the case for anyone from 'well?

P.S. I also think they should just play the game from HT at 1-0 Hibs; charging very little for entry.

Sir David Gray
06-12-2011, 07:43 PM
It's a ridiculous rule and either everything stands from the match on Friday or everything is wiped.

The scoreline, the goal and everything else from that 45 minutes is considered null and void and therefore Griffiths' booking should be too.

PaulSmith
06-12-2011, 07:53 PM
I assume if a player was suspended from playing in the game on friday that was his suspension done and can now play again?

Does anyone know if that was the case for anyone from 'well?

P.S. I also think they should just play the game from HT at 1-0 Hibs; charging very little for entry.

No.

No idea.

There is no charge for people to re-attend.

Indiscipline however that did happen during the game must, and quite rightly, still not be ignored.

Mikey
06-12-2011, 08:16 PM
i'll play devils advocate here. :greengrin
suppose one of our players was the victim of a ridiculous tackle which put him out off the game for a few weeks after which the game is abandoned. Or an opposition player had been sent off for blatantly diving. Would be be happy that the perpetrator got off with no punishment as everything should be wiped from the record?

ltyf

marinello59
06-12-2011, 08:27 PM
ltyf

:na na:

London Hibs FC
07-12-2011, 12:16 AM
So what would happen if a player got booked for celebrating a goal that then became null and void?? :dunno:

frazeHFC
07-12-2011, 12:20 AM
It's a joke. I just don't get it!

SteveHFC
07-12-2011, 12:32 AM
******* joke. SFA GTF