PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Scott Vernon to Hibs?

SteveHFC
05-12-2011, 02:55 PM
http://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/showthread.php?110227-maybe-not-in-the-know-but

Billy Whizz
05-12-2011, 03:05 PM
http://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/showthread.php?110227-maybe-not-in-the-know-but

And also 2 Jambos joining us in Jan. Who do you think they might be?

SteveHFC
05-12-2011, 03:08 PM

Kello and Templeton :greengrin

Hearts player contract expiry
January 2012: Janos Balogh, Rudi Skacel.
Summer 2012: Calum Elliot (currently on loan to Dundee), Stephen Elliott, Gary Glen, Eggert Jonsson, Marian Kello, Kevin Kyle, Jamie MacDonald, Kevin McHattie, David Obua, Robert Ogleby (currently on loan to East Fife), Matthew Park (currently on loan to East Fife), Mark Ridgers (currently on loan to East Fife), Suso Santana, Ryan Stevenson, Jonathan Stewart, Jason Thomson (currently on loan to Dunfermline).

Stevenson and Jonsson Please

frazeHFC
05-12-2011, 03:11 PM
Don't want any yams, they can piss off!

brog
05-12-2011, 03:15 PM
I actually think Gary Glen still has potential to be a decent player.

SteveHFC
05-12-2011, 03:15 PM

:faf:

--------
05-12-2011, 03:19 PM
Don't want any yams, they can piss off!

Oh, I don't know...

It's always nice to take one or two of their guys off them. One or two good deals in the past.

HibbyAndy
05-12-2011, 03:32 PM
Vernon is very decent :agree:

Id take him in January.

R'Albin
05-12-2011, 03:35 PM
He (vernon) had a cracking start with them but his form has dipped in the last few months, to be fair though he was meant to be getting an operation but instead he put the operation back a few weeks until Aberdeen were safe from relegation :agree:

I would happily take him, but think we need to strengthen other areas more.

Stevie Reid
05-12-2011, 03:36 PM
Vernon is very decent :agree:

Id take him in January.

20 goals in 51 starts for Aberdeen, not bad at all.

HibbyAndy
05-12-2011, 04:01 PM
20 goals in 51 starts for Aberdeen, not bad at all.

Very decent.

Also very good in the air.

scuttle
05-12-2011, 04:43 PM
would take Andy Webster off them

hibee92
05-12-2011, 04:47 PM

:rotflmao:

Peevemor
05-12-2011, 04:49 PM

:agree:

Judas Iscariot
05-12-2011, 05:12 PM

Ahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :faf:

Franck Stanton
05-12-2011, 05:26 PM

He had his chance at start of season and chose them. he can gtf

PISTOL1875
05-12-2011, 05:29 PM

:agree::agree::agree:

HibbyKeith
05-12-2011, 05:35 PM

Would be delighted to get Eggert Jonsson, always impressed by him.

WindyMiller
05-12-2011, 05:53 PM

Bottle merchant.
IMO.

scuttle
05-12-2011, 05:59 PM
He had his chance at start of season and chose them. he can gtf
If you were offered a job, one paying £200 per week or the same job for £500 per week what would you do. Hes a solid defender a bit injury prone but dont tell me he wouldnt enhance our feeble defence

Kato
05-12-2011, 07:47 PM

Yes! If the game is impersonating Droopy.

http://coloringinpages.com/img/droopy-coloring-in-pages-5.jpg

Alfred E Newman
05-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Oh, I don't know...

It's always nice to take one or two of their guys off them. One or two good deals in the past.

Were you thinking Willie Hamilton and Alan Gordon?

MB62
06-12-2011, 11:09 AM
If you were offered a job, one paying £200 per week or the same job for £500 per week what would you do. Hes a solid defender a bit injury prone but dont tell me he wouldnt enhance our feeble defence

From what I heard at the time, there was very little difference between the salaries offered by us and them.

RickyS
06-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Would be delighted to get Eggert Jonsson, always impressed by him.

:agree: he seems a very steady and reliable player, not many of them in the current team

KeithTheHibby
06-12-2011, 12:13 PM
From what I heard at the time, there was very little difference between the salaries offered by us and them.

A grand by all accounts. Think he is on 5, we offered 4.

easty
06-12-2011, 12:18 PM

poker?

steakbake
06-12-2011, 12:35 PM
If you were offered a job, one paying £200 per week or the same job occasionally paying £500 per week when the company had some cash, what would you do? Hes a solid defender a bit injury prone but dont tell me he wouldnt enhance our feeble defence

Fixed.

Northernhibee
06-12-2011, 01:08 PM
I want one to be Kello, so we can sing:

He said to Vlad,
He said to Vlad "**** you",
Oh what a thing to do,
And it was all Kello

hibiedude
06-12-2011, 03:07 PM

I would have Gary Glen in a heartbeat.

brog
06-12-2011, 03:17 PM
poker?

Gary Glen's still only 21 & ( unfortunately ) has scored more goals against us than any current ( bar GOC ) Hibs player has scored against them. If he's available for free I can't see the harm in offering him say a 1 year deal.

RickyS
06-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Gary Glen's still only 21 & ( unfortunately ) has scored more goals against us than any current ( bar GOC ) Hibs player has scored against them. If he's available for free I can't see the harm in offering him say a 1 year deal.

where is graham weir these days? that wee scrote was the same as glen, only scored against us:cb

scuttle
06-12-2011, 04:16 PM
[QUOTE=steakbake;3020982]Fixed.[/QUOTE
Your right Steakbake ,cheers for sorting that for me

HibbyAndy
06-12-2011, 04:19 PM

Or by the same token GOC has scored mare goals against they tramps than any player they have against us :wink:

SquashedFrogg
06-12-2011, 05:14 PM
where is graham weir these days? that wee scrote was the same as glen, only scored against us:cb

To be fair I think he'd be worth a punt. Remember watching him in a few reserve matches against us (almondvale) and he looked the part :agree: Scored a screamer against us in a 1-1 draw in one match) If he costs heehaw why not take a punt?

People really have to get over this whole, no yam is good enough for us mindset. I'd happily take 3 or 4 of them right now. We could also probably get away without paying them?

WindyMiller
06-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Or by the same token GOC has scored mare goals against they tramps than any player they have against us :wink:

Correct!

:aok:

SquashedFrogg
06-12-2011, 06:12 PM
Correct!

:aok:

Yeah, but GOC will probably be away in Jan so that will be...

Incorrect!:aok:

easty
06-12-2011, 06:27 PM
To be fair I think he'd be worth a punt. Remember watching him in a few reserve matches against us (almondvale) and he looked the part :agree: Scored a screamer against us in a 1-1 draw in one match) If he costs heehaw why not take a punt?

People really have to get over this whole, no yam is good enough for us mindset. I'd happily take 3 or 4 of them right now. We could also probably get away without paying them?

You cant believe that Hibs fans who dont want Gary Glen only don't want him cos he's a yam? Shirley not? He can barely get a kick of the ball for them....

SquashedFrogg
06-12-2011, 06:46 PM
You cant believe that Hibs fans who dont want Gary Glen only don't want him cos he's a yam? Shirley not? He can barely get a kick of the ball for them....

You only have to read some of the quotes on here to see what I'm saying. I've not seen one post which can back up why he's not worth a punt. Tell me why you think he's not getting a game? I can assure you it's nothing to do with footballing ability :agree:

Glenn, like many of them have been frozen out, have been for a while :agree:

Billy Whizz
06-12-2011, 06:53 PM
You only have to read some of the quotes on here to see what I'm saying. I've not seen one post which can back up why he's not worth a punt. Tell me why you think he's not getting a game? I can assure you it's nothing to do with footballing ability :agree:

Is it anything to do with Gary Mackay being his agent?

SquashedFrogg
06-12-2011, 06:56 PM
Is it anything to do with Gary Mackay being his agent?

And we have a winner :top marks

Sir David Gray
06-12-2011, 07:31 PM

He plays for Brechin now.

He's not scored a goal for two and a half years so I think I'll pass.

easty
06-12-2011, 08:12 PM

Well we'll see what happens to his career when he leaves them then. I bet he doesn't do any better than the likes of St Mirren.

brog
07-12-2011, 03:06 PM
Well we'll see what happens to his career when he leaves them then. I bet he doesn't do any better than the likes of St Mirren.

You mean the team currently above us in the league?

john18722
07-12-2011, 07:57 PM

I've been told by a few Yam mates who say Glenn hasn't played in a while due to his large posterior and inability to keep in shape. The Jambo Lavety by all accounts......