PDA

View Full Version : Fridays Incidents

Chuck Rhoades
05-12-2011, 01:48 PM
Having spoken with head of security at Fir Park, he confirmed that the coins that were thrown at the end of the game did not come from the section that S43 were sitting in. Secondly, they are not investigating the smoke bomb that was let off and lastly there have been reports to Police regarding the incident with the young female steward - again, he acknowledged the group had no participation in this.

Andy74
05-12-2011, 01:59 PM
Having spoken with head of security at Fir Park, he confirmed that the coins that were thrown at the end of the game did not come from the section that S43 were sitting in. Secondly, they are not investigating the smoke bomb that was let off and lastly there have been reports to Police regarding the incident with the young female steward - again, he acknowledged the group had no participation in this.

So we are being split in groups now? Surely we were all just Hibs fans at the game and each of these incidents were involving Hibs fans?

They didn't involve me either, should I post that up just for clarity?

Apologies if this is carrying on from something else but it just lloks like a bit of a random 'it wisnae me' post.

frazeHFC
05-12-2011, 02:03 PM
So we are being split in groups now? Surely we were all just Hibs fans at the game and each of these incidents were involving Hibs fans?

They didn't involve me either, should I post that up just for clarity?

Apologies if this is carrying on from something else but it just lloks like a bit of a random 'it wisnae me' post.

There have been posts saying that Section 43 were responsible for these incidents, so i think this post is more than fair.

Jack
05-12-2011, 02:06 PM
That, and other unrelated news I’ve had, is the good news I have had today.

Leaving the other two incidents aside we all know, from your own website, where the smoke bomb incident came from. Its up to you all as a group to make sure nothing like that ever happens again – except in the very unlikely event it becomes legal or more likely that its allowed where Hibs play abroad. I think the individual concerned and your group should think themselves very lucky they got away with it this time.

Scouse Hibee
05-12-2011, 02:07 PM

How does the head of security know who or what group they were involved in with relation to the steward incident??

Not investigating the smoke bomb that's good, now all we need is the person who let it off to admit it was irresponsible and that can be put to bed for once and for all.

The coin throwing was not thrown from that section proves nothing really as the person who threw it could have been on the move towards an exit surely.

Not getting at S43 just saying that the information you have given clears no-one of anything really!

Chuck Rhoades
05-12-2011, 02:08 PM
There were 1680 Hibs fans at the game. Yet the 55 on the S43 bus have had the finger pointed at them by several users for the three incidents that were discussed - therefore isolating the group for eveything. All Hibs fans are equal and I hate all this 'uber fan' stuff we all pay our way. The groups purpose is to bring back some colour and help with flag making. It was merely to provide an update and wasn't looking for another 6/7 page debate.

It may be sensible to just lock it this thread.

hibeeleicester
05-12-2011, 02:11 PM
In other news, I can confirm i have nothing to do with Al Qaeda and their terrorist incidents.

blackpoolhibs
05-12-2011, 02:11 PM

The group as you call them BR were there as Hibs fans. We are all one, you cant just seperate one section from another.

The smoke bomb was from that section, the other incidents may not have been. It will be reported as Hibs fans causing bother, not section 43 or anyone else.

Section 43, like every Hibs fan have to remember they are hibs fans, and their actions affect us all.

Cabbage East
05-12-2011, 02:31 PM
That, and other unrelated news I’ve had, is the good news I have had today.

Leaving the other two incidents aside we all know, from your own website, where the smoke bomb incident came from. Its up to you all as a group to make sure nothing like that ever happens again – except in the very unlikely event it becomes legal or more likely that its allowed where Hibs play abroad. I think the individual concerned and your group should think themselves very lucky they got away with it this time.

It was a smoke bomb, not an atomic bomb.

Aldo
05-12-2011, 02:54 PM

We are all tarred with the same brush ie Hibs fans. ENDOF.

Smoke bomb/flares IMHO are dangerous and have no place in the Scottish Game. Personally I don't go to get my lungs full of ***** from those things.

My opinion but if this is the norm from Hibs fans (wether it be S43 or however) ie smoke bombs etc then i won't be taking myself or my daughter near ER or any away ground.

No problem with guys singing flags and getting atmosphere going.

Jack
05-12-2011, 02:56 PM

Was it legal or was it illegal?

As others have asked if such events were to continue would this work in favour of the Hibs support as a whole?

Could we all become subject to more invasive searches for example?

Could the club take a robust stand against those who stand?

Is there a danger that Sect 43 become the new casuals, harassed by the police and banned from virtually every pub on Easter Road?

Is that what you want? Cause that’s what you'll get.

Thimk about it!

lucky
05-12-2011, 02:58 PM
This Sect43 have got themselves on a pedestal, So what you wave some flags and sing. You lot are trying to come over as some sort super fans. Yes you ran a bus. Well done but several on here have done that for years. The reality is a Hibs fan set of the smoke canister, a Hibs fan push the steward, Hibs fans threw some coins.

frazeHFC
05-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Super fans! LMFAO

wearethehibs
05-12-2011, 03:04 PM
This Sect43 have got themselves on a pedestal, So what you wave some flags and sing. You lot are trying to come over as some sort super fans. Yes you ran a bus. Well done but several on here have done that for years. The reality is a Hibs fan set of the smoke canister, a Hibs fan push the steward, Hibs fans threw some coins. Its no sect43's fault there getting blamed for everything. The only thing they did do was set of some smoke, which I view as a good thingGGTTH

johnrebus
05-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Section 43?

Is that the best name they could come up with ?

Sounds like something you would only get at Darkheid.

:dizzy:

--------
05-12-2011, 03:10 PM
Ref to wearethehibs -

There was a fire emergency in the ground - the police were trying to evacuate the fans - and someone sets off a smoke flare.

That's a good thing? :rolleyes:

Be VERY glad events didn't pan out a lot worse.

DaveF
05-12-2011, 03:10 PM
Its no sect43's fault there getting blamed for everything. The only thing they did do was set of some smoke, which I view as a good thingGGTTH

Good stuff. In that case, I really hope the Police catch you (or whoever plans to do the next one) and that person enjoys their football banning order, fine and possible time at her majesty's pleasure.

And I'm sure HFC at board level will be monitoring your groups support for illegal smoke bombs too.....

frazeHFC
05-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Ref to wearethehibs -There was a fire emergency in the ground - the police were trying to evacuate the fans - and someone sets off a smoke flare.That's a good thing? :rolleyes:Be VERY glad events didn't pan out a lot worse. The tannoy is so bad i had no idea it was a fire emmergency and neither did anyone around me.

Beefster
05-12-2011, 03:17 PM
I had absolutely nothing to do with any of Silvio Berlusconi's Bunga Bunga parties so let's put that one to bed right now, guys.

#justsayinglikes

Elephant Stone
05-12-2011, 03:17 PM
Smoke bombs might be alright at certain times but the timing on Friday was probably not one of those times. It probably seems like folk are having a go at you for the sake of it but the smoke bomb during a fire evacuation really wasn't a great idea.

wearethehibs
05-12-2011, 03:18 PM
Good stuff. In that case, I really hope the Police catch you (or whoever plans to do the next one) and that person enjoys their football banning order, fine and possible time at her majesty's pleasure.And I'm sure HFC at board level will be monitoring your groups support for illegal smoke bombs too..... I would never be so stupid to set of a flare at a Hibs game as I couldn't imagine being banned. But I do think they look smart and it adds to the atmosphere. You ever noticed that when a flare is set of at games the camera always seems to look at it and I've never heard the commentator condemn it. Even the pic in the EEN had a positive comment under it and not something like "idiots set of flare" just saying eh :)

MrRobot
05-12-2011, 03:21 PM
What happened with the steward? I saw lots of people getting chucked out but I didnt see what for.

Makaveli
05-12-2011, 03:22 PM
The post-facto "they let off a smoke bomb in the middle of a fire evacuation" is bullspit.

Literally nobody anywhere near me knew there was talk of a fire, much less an evacuation. I was in the lower tier btw, and by all accounts hardly anyone upstairs knew either.

Nobody knew the game was off until after the floodlight on our right eventually died and the Motherwell fans started leaving.

Two things were yet to happen: the flare went off and the Hibs players came out to applaud the support. Why were the players doing this when we were supposed to be getting evacuated from the imaginary "fire emergency"? To suggest the guy who set off the flare knew more than the Hibs squad is laughable.

hibeelin
05-12-2011, 03:33 PM
[QUOTE=Aldo;3019800]We are all tarred with the same brush ie Hibs fans. ENDOF.

Smoke bomb/flares IMHO are dangerous and have no place in the Scottish Game. Personally I don't go to get my lungs full of ***** from those things.

My opinion but if this is the norm from Hibs fans (wether it be S43 or however) ie smoke bombs etc then i won't be taking myself or my daughter near ER or any away ground

^^^^This

As I have posted here before I am a chronic asthmatic and at a previous derby when they scored and let off smoke bombs/flares off I had to be treated by paramedics - these things are anything but harmless!

--------
05-12-2011, 03:41 PM
The post-facto "they let off a smoke bomb in the middle of a fire evacuation" is bullspit.

Literally nobody anywhere near me knew there was talk of a fire, much less an evacuation. I was in the lower tier btw, and by all accounts hardly anyone upstairs knew either.

Nobody knew the game was off until after the floodlight on our right eventually died and the Motherwell fans started leaving.

Two things were yet to happen: the flare went off and the Hibs players came out to applaud the support. Why were the players doing this when we were supposed to be getting evacuated from the imaginary "fire emergency"? To suggest the guy who set off the flare knew more than the Hibs squad is laughable.

The fire emergency wasn't 'imaginary' - there was a fire at the base of the SE light tower.

Be that as it may, and whatever the exact sequence of events, setting off an incendiary device in a crowd of people is reckless and stupid and what followed hardly reflected well on either the Hibs support or the club.

Motherwell's 'organisation may have left a lot to be desired, but the behaviour of some of the visiting fans hardly helped matters.

I really wonder just how much the guy who set off the flare knew about anything - he certainly wasn't thinking about the possible consequences of his actions.

silverhibee
05-12-2011, 03:44 PM
Good stuff. In that case, I really hope the Police catch you (or whoever plans to do the next one) and that person enjoys their football banning order, fine and possible time at her majesty's pleasure.

And I'm sure HFC at board level will be monitoring your groups support for illegal smoke bombs too.....

I am not taking any sides here, the setting of a flare on Friday night was bad timing, but i think flares/green smokebombs will do no harm to anyone at games and brings a bit colour at the games, i would hope if they are to be done again then only at away games and not at ER.

The bit in bold, why would the club do this when they have allowed a right bunch of hooligans to cause havoc home and away for a number of years in Hibs name, the club know who these people are but dont do anything about banning them from Hibs, everyone who goes to games will know who i am talking about, so why should the club act against a bunch of laddies and lassies trying to bring some atmosphere to games and not take action against people who go to games to cause serious trouble, some of which took place after the Well game on Friday night in Motherwell and Glasgow.

Did you get a reply from Well regarding tickets. :aok:

JustSimplyHibs
05-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Friday night was a good night, even the conspiricay surrounding the alleged fire knocking out the lights (if that was the old firm all mary hell would have broke in the media) didn't dampen my mood.

It felt like going to away games of yester year, UNITY within the support, supporting the 11 players on the pitch regardless if Benny Brazil, Hammy, Joe T or Stevenson are playing, we need to keep this aspect and push the players to achieve (look at wht happened on Friday, 1 club, 1 unified support backing the team, 1 team on the pitch giving 100% to please the support !!).

I am all for, standing at games, alcohol at games, cheaper prices for games and colour as in flares make for a great atmosphere for everyone in attendance at games.

S43 - to contact the head of security about the behaviour of the 40 - 50 followers within this section would appear to be of guilt, going by experiences. Do not start segragating the support of Hibernian FC, thank you. If Motherwell have issues with reagrd to our support, let them contact our club or the authorities to deal with the matter, otherwise say nothing.

Anyway...big game this weekend, more of the same from all supporters of this great club
:flag::pfgwa:flag::pfgwa:flag::pfgwa

DaveF
05-12-2011, 05:07 PM
The bit in bold, why would the club do this .....

I'm assuming (perhaps wrongly) that the 12thMan \ S43 have had discussions with the club over being allowed to stand, store banners etc. If smoke bombs are part and parcel of the S43 make up, then I'd imagine the board would not approve and perhaps revoke any goodwill made so far?

Did you get a reply from Well regarding tickets. :aok:

Got a reply today and they are sending me a ticket. Cheers for the offer, but not needed now.

steakbake
05-12-2011, 05:20 PM
There have been posts saying that Section 43 were responsible for these incidents, so i think this post is more than fair.

That's fine then - so who would have cared so much to have thrown the coin that grazed that guy's face when one of the lads sitting amongst the S43 was hauled out by security?

Also, OP, the coin was not thrown at the end of the match. It was thrown about half way through the first half, hit a guy who was there with his kid and as a result, he moved to the lower tier.

I saw him at HT with the cut on his chin which he sustained during the first half. I also saw the coin but regrettably, did not see who threw it. I will maintain that it was thrown from the direction of the S43 group because it came from diagonally behind from where I was sitting and hit the guy a few rows in front of me.

steakbake
05-12-2011, 06:10 PM
PS for the record, S43 is a great thing and long may it develop and continue. However, where there is bad behaviour in the support which brings the reputation of S43 and/or the wider club into doubt, then it must be challenged and addressed, not denied or swept under the carpet.

HH81
05-12-2011, 06:22 PM
Wow its moved from the private board to here, when are we going to get over this nasty smoke bomb?

The guy who did it has hopefully learnt his lesson and the rest can now move on?

frazeHFC
05-12-2011, 07:15 PM
That's fine then - so who would have cared so much to have thrown the coin that grazed that guy's face when one of the lads sitting amongst the S43 was hauled out by security?Also, OP, the coin was not thrown at the end of the match. It was thrown about half way through the first half, hit a guy who was there with his kid and as a result, he moved to the lower tier.I saw him at HT with the cut on his chin which he sustained during the first half. I also saw the coin but regrettably, did not see who threw it. I will maintain that it was thrown from the direction of the S43 group because it came from diagonally behind from where I was sitting and hit the guy a few rows in front of me. A steward has confirmed it was not thrown from this area. Even if it was then it was an idiot in the area not a member of Sect 43. Stop trying to give Sect 43 a bad name for something they didn't do.

DaveF
05-12-2011, 07:25 PM
A steward has confirmed it was not thrown from this area. Even if it was then it was an idiot in the area not a member of Sect 43. Stop trying to give Sect 43 a bad name for something they didn't do.

Is it a members only club Fraze?

How do you join? Do I get a membership card? Must I renounce all hibs.net posters as moaning old farts with no sense of fun :wink:

frazeHFC
05-12-2011, 07:28 PM
You know what i meant. :wink:

steakbake
05-12-2011, 07:35 PM
A steward has confirmed it was not thrown from this area. Even if it was then it was an idiot in the area not a member of Sect 43. Stop trying to give Sect 43 a bad name for something they didn't do.

Oh well that's that, then. I must have been completely imagining things and it never even happened. The cut on the guys face was imaginary: maybe ketchup from a hot dog?

Whatever the situation was, it was ugly. I'm not trying to give S43 a bad name. How many times do I have to say that it is a good thing in general? However, one or two people I saw on Friday night in amongst them could ruin things.

Jonnyboy
05-12-2011, 07:43 PM
I'm assuming (perhaps wrongly) that the 12thMan \ S43 have had discussions with the club over being allowed to stand, store banners etc. If smoke bombs are part and parcel of the S43 make up, then I'd imagine the board would not approve and perhaps revoke any goodwill made so far?

Got a reply today and they are sending me a ticket. Cheers for the offer, but not needed now.

Oi, I got a reply saying they'd be in touch :grr: :greengrin

On the matter of S43 ..........

I was in the upper tier at Motherwell and sat very close to the guys singing their hearts out and waving their flags. Took me back to the good old days as it was fabby :greengrin The confusion during what seemed to be an extended half time break was not helped by the PA system in the upper tier sounding like the guy was whispering through one of Steven Craigan's old socks but once it became evident the game was off, fans started to leave in an orderly fashion. The flare was stupid and as I've said elsewhere it may well have caused panic because by that time some folk with mobile phones had established that a fire had started in the stand we occupied. Some posters on here have defended the use of the flair, some have said it added to the atmosphere and some have said they want to see more flares at future games. Sadly just about every one of those posters is part of S43. As has been said already the group runs the risk of alienating itself if it puts its own 'enjoyment' ahead of that of fellow fans. Some have rightly pointed out we are the one support, not groups or factions.

The poster Thomson1875 made an impassioned plea on here for some older heads to join in the debate on the S43 messageboard. He said that the same 20 or so folk did all the posting and the majority of them were still quite young. From that I decided to register and offer some 'auld gadgie' encouragement and advice. Once registered I started an 'hello' thread to let folk know I supported their efforts to enhance the atmosphere at games. When I next logged on my thread had disappeared which I found odd as I was still able to log on and so have not been banned. No explanation has been offered as to why my thread was deleted.

Shame really because the vast majority of what they do is great

DaveF
05-12-2011, 07:48 PM

I was in the upper tier at Motherwell and sat very close to the guys singing their hearts out and waving their flags. Took me back to the good old days as it was fabby :greengrin The confusion during what seemed to be an extended half time break was not helped by the PA system in the upper tier sounding like the guy was whispering through one of Steven Craigan's old socks but once it became evident the game was off, fans started to leave in an orderly fashion. The flare was stupid and as I've said elsewhere it may well have caused panic because by that time some folk with mobile phones had established that a fire had started in the stand we occupied. Some posters on here have defended the use of the flair, some have said it added to the atmosphere and some have said they want to see more flares at future games. Sadly just about every one of those posters is part of S43. As has been said already the group runs the risk of alienating itself if it puts its own 'enjoyment' ahead of that of fellow fans. Some have rightly pointed out we are the one support, not groups or factions.

The poster Thomson1875 made an impassioned plea on here for some older heads to join in the debate on the S43 messageboard. He said that the same 20 or so folk did all the posting and the majority of them were still quite young. From that I decided to register and offer some 'auld gadgie' encouragement and advice. Once registered I started an 'hello' thread to let folk know I supported their efforts to enhance the atmosphere at games. When I next logged on my thread had disappeared which I found odd as I was still able to log on and so have not been banned. No explanation has been offered as to why my thread was deleted.

I thought taliban.net was here :greengrin

Jonnyboy
05-12-2011, 07:49 PM
I thought taliban.net was here :greengrin

:greengrin

stoneyburn hibs
05-12-2011, 08:06 PM
I sat directly in front of s43 at motherwell , credit where its due they did create a great atmosphere and my 13yo seemed to be enjoying the singing more than the game itself , its not everybodys bag but some on here are being a little too critical of them regarding the smoke bomb, no harm was intended and its been scrutinised even more so due to the floodlight fire , whoever did set it off clearly had no clue about the fire , nobody in my vicinity knew what was going on and im not condoning it , but in hindsight im sure the s43 guys would not have done it had they known what was going on.

In all honesty the singing does my head in at times but i support what they are doing , improving the atmosphere can only be a good thing surely ?

frazeHFC
05-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Oh well that's that, then. I must have been completely imagining things and it never even happened. The cut on the guys face was imaginary: maybe ketchup from a hot dog?Whatever the situation was, it was ugly. I'm not trying to give S43 a bad name. How many times do I have to say that it is a good thing in general? However, one or two people I saw on Friday night in amongst them could ruin things.Re-read my post. I never said a coin wasn't thrown. I said a steward confirmed it was thrown from elsewhere.

steakbake
05-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Re-read my post. I never said a coin wasn't thrown. I said a steward confirmed it was thrown from elsewhere.

Re-read my various posts on the PM board and this where I praise the initiative of S43 yet you seem to think I'm hell bent on damaging their name?

Your steward's account runs contrary to my own first hand, nearby view of what happened.

We've probably said more of this than needs to have been said so it is my last post on this particular topic but I'll be interested to see how things develop in future.

frazeHFC
05-12-2011, 09:43 PM
Re-read my various posts on the PM board and this where I praise the initiative of S43 yet you seem to think I'm hell bent on damaging their name?

Your steward's account runs contrary to my own first hand, nearby view of what happened.

We've probably said more of this than needs to have been said so it is my last post on this particular topic but I'll be interested to see how things develop in future.

Yeah i know you have. On this matter we will settle on the fact that whoever did it deserves banned. :wink:

steakbake
05-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Yeah i know you have. On this matter we will settle on the fact that whoever did it deserves banned. :wink:

Excellent. That's that one sorted.

Next week: the 'Wallace Mercer won't be home for tea' chant - a factually correct song or an insult to the dead? :cb

frazeHFC
05-12-2011, 10:07 PM

Next week: the 'Wallace Mercer won't be home for tea' chant - a factually correct song or an insult to the dead? :cb

:tee hee:

Saorsa
05-12-2011, 11:32 PM

Next week: the 'Wallace Mercer won't be home for tea' chant - a factually correct song or an insult to the dead? :cb:agree:

mickki40
06-12-2011, 01:58 AM

could you re-post your post please. I deleted 47 posts to get rid of a lot of bumpf that was unnecessary. I may have deleted your post as well as 2 that I shouldn't have. Sorry If I did. It is not intentional. Please re=post and leave me your username on s43 thanks.

DC_Hibs
06-12-2011, 06:07 AM
I have to backup with S43 boys that there is no danger the coin came from their area.

On pocket money of a fiver a week, they realise the importance of every penny going towards fizzy pop and 10p mixtures (do they still exist and maybe the price has increased since my day?) - rather than being chucked at Hibs fans.

Niffy
06-12-2011, 06:23 AM
Ppfffft ... not as bad as the soap dodgers that threw cs gas over to our bit at ER a good few years back.

mickki40
06-12-2011, 01:46 PM
I have to backup with S43 boys that there is no danger the coin came from their area.

On pocket money of a fiver a week, they realise the importance of every penny going towards fizzy pop and 10p mixtures (do they still exist and maybe the price has increased since my day?) - rather than being chucked at Hibs fans.

And you wonder why some .netters get a bad name.

MSK
06-12-2011, 01:55 PM
And you wonder why some .netters get a bad name.Have you had a sense of humour bypass ..yer not taking that post seriously ..? :confused: