PDA

View Full Version : Yams Comedy Gold at the PBS

CyberSauzee
05-12-2011, 12:22 PM
Some more money had been found to pay some outstanding wages. Amazing what you can do when you sell enough pies at a home game. It's an uphill battle but if you could sell a pie to every Hearts supporter, who knows, maybe CL football beckons.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/european/hearts_players_finally_get_part_of_overdue_wages_1 _1991343

HEARTS players have received a portion of their overdue wages after Ukio Bankas Investment Group, the club’s parent company, processed a payment of around £1000 for each player. UBIG officials are now attempting to source the remaining funds to complete salary payments which were originally due on November 16.

Payments have been deposited into players’ bank accounts although UBIG do not consider it as any kind of Christmas bonus. The remainder of November’s wages is still outstanding and the Tynecastle squad have not been given an indication of when the money will arrive.

Today marks the 19th day since salaries were due, equalling the amount of time Hearts players waited when October’s payments were delayed. On that occasion, manager Paulo Sergio had to intervene to prevent senior players lodging an official complaint with the Scottish Premier League.

Money at UBIG is not readily available at present but Hearts officials believe this gesture is an indication that Vladimir Romanov, the club’s majority shareholder, is intent on paying wages in full as soon as possible.

The_Todd
05-12-2011, 12:33 PM
I feel for the Hearts players, Hearts are treating these guys in a terrible manner especially with xmas on the horizon.

A disgrace to the SPL.

Jack
05-12-2011, 12:53 PM
Only 11 days to go before the next payment is due.

Hearts officials believe this gesture is an indication that Vladimir Romanov, the club’s majority shareholder, is intent on paying wages in full as soon as possible.

Not to me it doesn’t, its looks quite the reverse actually. Living hand to mouth; serious bit of advertising and discounting on tickets for the next two games almost two weeks away, going on to raise funds – Celtc and Hibs selling direct.

IIRC there were 27 of them not paid so they’ve found £27k after Saturdays game. I wonder how much more they took in above that? I’m sure there was a quote somewhere that they pay (yes it’s a misnomer) £330k a month in salaries. The back of my fag packet suggests they're around £250k short just now, rising to almost £600,000 around the time of their next home match - that's just salaries.

--------
05-12-2011, 12:53 PM
I feel for the Hearts players, Hearts are treating these guys in a terrible manner especially with xmas on the horizon.

A disgrace to the SPL.

Yup. My heart bleeds.

And with the salaries they're earning, they'll have had no chance at all to put anything by for a rainy day.

They signed up for an obviously dodgy outfit because they were after wages way beyond what their 'talent' actually deserved. There are plenty folks I know far more deserving of sympathy than that bunch of mercenaries.

Cabbage East
05-12-2011, 01:01 PM

A disgrace to the SPL.

Good one. They all signed contracts with the knowledge that they were going to be working for a DODGY outfit that frequently don't pay wages on time/refuse to honour bonus schemes. They took the money knowing this, this is what happens.

MB62
05-12-2011, 01:07 PM

A disgrace to the SPL.

As others have said, I have absolutely no sympathy for them at all, they made their own beds.

soupy
05-12-2011, 01:08 PM
**** them!!!! Simples.

thebakerboy
05-12-2011, 01:20 PM
Never mind it's not too bad yet Zaragoza (bottom of Spanish League) are due players £10 million in unpaid wages so Yams have a way to go but they are heading in the right direction.

HibbyAndy
05-12-2011, 01:31 PM

A disgrace to the SPL.

:hilarious

I dont, I pish myself laughing every single time, Comedy gold :agree:

Arch Stanton
05-12-2011, 01:32 PM
It sure looks like the death throes of Ubig to me, as they struggle more and more to come up with such small sums, and when it goes belly up then HOMFC will be defunct.

I really can't see how they can find a white knight who will stump up the cash for them to finish the season, although you never know. Could possibly field a side of amateurs and use gate receipts to rent the PBS from the administrator (or Murrayfield?). STs will be worth spit of course, but there again they always were. :agree:

So, likely the SPL will finish the season with 11 teams at most and Hearts will need to reform in Div 3 next season.

Bayern Bru
05-12-2011, 01:33 PM
It's pretty outrageous the way Hearts are treating their players but seriously, it's their own fault. I mean, I wouldn't apply for a job at a company that had a history of rooking its employees.

Maybe Vlad should think about offloading some of the 66 players on the books. Then he'll have less money to pay. Or is that too sensible?

Mikeystewart
05-12-2011, 01:41 PM
Well that brings our players into line with the hibs players so hopefully that'll keep the baying mob at bay.......not a chance ..... Sir B will lead the way & tell us he is not bothered.....by dint of the longest post of the day full of hyped up aggression......he will puff his chest out when Tom Tom concurs prior to self combusting.......at a sad pair of desperados! Whilst the World continues to turn & the rest of the world looks forward to celebrating Christmas.- talko'thetoun

Don't have a scooby-doo what half of this means but found it hilarious in a kind of Douglas Adams & Chick Young love child.

truehibernian
05-12-2011, 01:46 PM
I think that reading between the lines of what Sergio said at the weekend, where he specifically mentioned the off field problems and then issued a veiled 'also causing problems at the back' reference, there are clearly certain players at Hearts getting paid and perhaps not going to the owner with their (the rest) problems, or perhaps taking a backseat in proceedings. Or maybe I am reading too much into it. I am pretty sure Hartley said as much in an interview to the Beeb two weeks ago whilst stopping short of naming the player(s) involved.

Either way, they are in financial turmoil. And the fact they are making no effort to hide the fact speaks volumes. I am still however very much in the camp that Hibs need Hearts around, for a variety of reasons. As does the SPL. As much as I love beating them, I have a fair few good mates that are Hearts fans, most of whom have turned their back on Romanov and have stopped going until he is gone. They are right decent folk who deserve better IMHO (my mates that is).

As ever though, I always thank my lucky stars that I am a Hibee :agree:

Greentinted
05-12-2011, 01:58 PM
I suppose, over here, on the right side of the city it's only right and proper to be magnanimous, charitable and respectful - particularly at this time of year. So, I will admit that HoMFC are indeed Edinburgh's big team.
But with all things being relative, I'm talking semi-professional football clubs.

Another month and they'll be the big amateur team in the city.

And another month still, they will be the big team in the cultural wilderness!

Shame!

greenginger
05-12-2011, 02:00 PM
It sure looks like the death throes of Ubig to me, as they struggle more and more to come up with such small sums, and when it goes belly up then HOMFC will be defunct.

I really can't see how they can find a white knight who will stump up the cash for them to finish the season, although you never know. Could possibly field a side of amateurs and use gate receipts to rent the PBS from the administrator (or Murrayfield?). STs will be worth spit of course, but there again they always were. :agree:

So, likely the SPL will finish the season with 11 teams at most and Hearts will need to reform in Div 3 next season.

Over on Kickback they have convinced themselves that if Vlad wants out he will just have to accept whats on the table. They seem sure he will just accept about £8 Million and have to walk away.

No consideration that the £ 50 million he values them at is what is underpinning UBIG's accounts and in turn whats securing UBIG's borrowing from Ukio Bankas.

If we have all read Vlad wrong and he actually is mega rich and just fed up with football I don't think he would allow another group to take the Yams over at a knock-down price and perhaps succeeding where he failed. That would be too big a blow to his ego. He would see their extinction as a better outcome than a successful Club without himself in charge. :aok:

Geo_1875
05-12-2011, 02:00 PM
Do you think HMRC will have received their share yet?

Jack
05-12-2011, 02:17 PM
Do you think HMRC will have received their share yet?

That’s all part of his masters plan G – you don’t pay wages you have no tax liability! Simples!!

jonty
05-12-2011, 02:28 PM
I think that reading between the lines of what Sergio said at the weekend, where he specifically mentioned the off field problems and then issued a veiled 'also causing problems at the back' reference, there are clearly certain players at Hearts getting paid and perhaps not going to the owner with their (the rest) problems, or perhaps taking a backseat in proceedings. Or maybe I am reading too much into it. I am pretty sure Hartley said as much in an interview to the Beeb two weeks ago whilst stopping short of naming the player(s) involved.

Either way, they are in financial turmoil. And the fact they are making no effort to hide the fact speaks volumes. I am still however very much in the camp that Hibs need Hearts around, for a variety of reasons. As does the SPL. As much as I love beating them, I have a fair few good mates that are Hearts fans, most of whom have turned their back on Romanov and have stopped going until he is gone. They are right decent folk who deserve better IMHO (my mates that is).

As ever though, I always thank my lucky stars that I am a Hibee :agree:
Strangely I wondered if h e meant some players would be looking to/taking a bung due to lack of cash :greengrin
Celtic away this weekend - I wonder how many 'errors' they'll be making :greengrin

Oscar T Grouch
05-12-2011, 02:38 PM
It's pretty outrageous the way Hearts are treating their players but seriously, it's their own fault. I mean, I wouldn't apply for a job at a company that had a history of rooking its employees.

Maybe Vlad should think about offloading some of the 66 players on the books. Then he'll have less money to pay. Or is that too sensible?

Unfortunately for them, if a player has a contract and you want to terminate it you have to pay them part or all of the contract amount (or come to an "agreement" between both parties), in other words they cannae afford to get rid of these players. Shame :greengrin

iwasthere1972
05-12-2011, 03:02 PM
Let's not lose sight of the fact that we are talking about people who are probably earning somewhere in the region of £300K-£400K a year (maybe more) for doing a pretty average job. None of those guys will be running around trying to beg loans of family members of having meetings with their bank manager (well certainly not if he's also their employer :wink: ) hoping to get extended overdrafts. So as far as I'm concerned they are well down the list of people I have any sympathy for. Paulo Sergio blaming the Yams defeat at the weekend on the delayed wages saga is as laughable as the Yams themselves. Mutiny on the Bounty is set to make another appearance with Sergio the latest failure at Tynecastle to walk the plank.

The Yams don't have a home game until after the pay day deadline so where Vlad is going to find the money to pay the balance is a mystery unless he wins EuroMillions or The National Lottery.

Good riddance Hearts. :bye: :bye: You've had it coming for years. I will miss the comedy that's for sure.

Saorsa
05-12-2011, 03:02 PM

A disgrace to the SPL.They all knew what kind of organisation the were joining when they went chasing the £££££££. Serves them right IMO.

The_Todd
05-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Yup. My heart bleeds.

And with the salaries they're earning, they'll have had no chance at all to put anything by for a rainy day.

They signed up for an obviously dodgy outfit because they were after wages way beyond what their 'talent' actually deserved. There are plenty folks I know far more deserving of sympathy than that bunch of mercenaries.

Good one. They all signed contracts with the knowledge that they were going to be working for a DODGY outfit that frequently don't pay wages on time/refuse to honour bonus schemes. They took the money knowing this, this is what happens.

As others have said, I have absolutely no sympathy for them at all, they made their own beds.

:hilarious

I dont, I pish myself laughing every single time, Comedy gold :agree:

They all knew what kind of organisation the were joining when they went chasing the £££££££. Serves them right IMO.

In a way I agree with you all. But at the end of the day, these guys signed legally binding contracts and if they're not getting paid multiple months in a row then it will effect them. The Hertz players aren't getting paid anywhere like the players from 3\4 years ago and they will have mortgages, families and other commitments.

I do find the Hearts situation amusing, I do hope the club goes down the swanny and I do enjoy the fact the Yams will be fearing the worst. Doesn't mean I can't have any sympathy with the players, who let's face it, aren't Hearts fans any more than most of our players are Hibs fans.

weecounty hibby
05-12-2011, 04:56 PM
In a way I agree with you all. But at the end of the day, these guys signed legally binding contracts and if they're not getting paid multiple months in a row then it will effect them. The Hertz players aren't getting paid anywhere like the players from 3\4 years ago and they will have mortgages, families and other commitments.

I do find the Hearts situation amusing, I do hope the club goes down the swanny and I do enjoy the fact the Yams will be fearing the worst. Doesn't mean I can't have any sympathy with the players, who let's face it, aren't Hearts fans any more than most of our players are Hibs fans.

The thing is though, that every single one of them and their agents will have known before signing what the reputation was for paying and all of the other financial mismanagement at HMFC. They chased the £££££ and have no one to blame but themselves. And Vlad of course.

The Baldmans Comb
05-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Well that brings our players into line with the hibs players so hopefully that'll keep the baying mob at bay.......not a chance ..... Sir B will lead the way & tell us he is not bothered.....by dint of the longest post of the day full of hyped up aggression......he will puff his chest out when Tom Tom concurs prior to self combusting.......at a sad pair of desperados! Whilst the World continues to turn & the rest of the world looks forward to celebrating Christmas.- talko'thetoun

Don't have a scooby-doo what half of this means but found it hilarious in a kind of Douglas Adams & Chick Young love child.

Could you ''Babel fish'' the half you understand as I don't understand a single world of that babble.:wink:

This is great and as for sympathy: gie me strength and can I join the 'aww diddums yir breaking ma hert' team.

Andy74
05-12-2011, 05:07 PM
The thing is though, that every single one of them and their agents will have known before signing what the reputation was for paying and all of the other financial mismanagement at HMFC. They chased the £££££ and have no one to blame but themselves. And Vlad of course.

I agree with that. They would have weighed up the cash on offer whilst the going is good with the chance that sometime it was going to end badly.

To be fair I'm sure they have factored that if that was the case they would just be able to walk anyway and then go and get paid elsewhere.

To do that though they need to get a compliant going and claim for breach of contract. I'm sure that come January they will as they wouldn't be able to sign for anyone now anyway so can see why they aren't rocking the boat just yet.

Golden Bear
05-12-2011, 05:08 PM
I would think that it's only right and proper that as an interim measure, City of Edinburgh Council should pay these poor Hawrts players from their own payroll budget and seek to recover the money from the club in due course. :rolleyes:

Franck Stanton
05-12-2011, 05:20 PM
Stuff the lot o' them. They are even responsible for the damage to the ozone layer, waste o' oxygen the lot o' them. Feel sorry for them ? Aye right.

Haymaker
05-12-2011, 05:57 PM
Strangely I wondered if h e meant some players would be looking to/taking a bung due to lack of cash :greengrin
Celtic away this weekend - I wonder how many 'errors' they'll be making :greengrin

Wouldnt suprise me if they played like ***** - Man City did it after Eriksson got sacked IIRC? What better way to protest to your owner than no working! :greengrin

Bostonhibby
05-12-2011, 05:59 PM

:agree: Yep, if you swim with the sharks..........you might just get bit.

CentreLine
05-12-2011, 07:55 PM

I think you hit the nail on the head there. I would imagine that the agents were well aware of the threat the their clients' income in the longer term but the prospect of a big wedge for helping arrange the "big money" deal might have helped them turn a blind eye. Wouldn't it be fun if Gary Mackay was to blame for this as well?

grunt
05-12-2011, 08:07 PM
Slightly off topic I know, but there's a very interesting article from 2 years ago which been posted on Kickback. It covers Romanov's dealings with the Lithuanian league and makes fascinating reading.

http://soccerlens.com/chaos-in-kaunas-the-decline-and-fall-of-the-romanov-empire/27087/

IWasThere2016
05-12-2011, 09:08 PM
The Yams are frustrating the players' contracts. Any player with any nouse would be looking to get out in January.

The loss of wages is an issue for the player(s) this can be recovered from a sign-on fee elsewhere.

They won't get the same wage elsewhere but they are not likely to see the wages anyway.

Anyone with any self-respect and confidence in their own ability would get out IMHO.

Arch Stanton
05-12-2011, 09:38 PM
The Yams are frustrating the players' contracts. Any player with any nouse would be looking to get out in January.

The loss of wages is an issue for the player(s) this can be recovered from a sign-on fee elsewhere.

They won't get the same wage elsewhere but they are not likely to see the wages anyway.

Anyone with any self-respect and confidence in their own ability would get out IMHO.

I wonder why you think that someone whose contract has been effectively terminated should wait until January before doing something about it.

Can I also say that your avatar of RP is only slightly less cringeworthy than the one a while back showing him with £ signs over his eyes - did you sport that one too btw?

Surely if you prefer someone who is good at football and gung-ho with money then Romanov would be a more positive icon for you?

Bostonhibby
05-12-2011, 09:48 PM

Agree the players could probably walk contractually now but the receiving clubs may prefer to wait til January when the process could be simpler and by then it might have dawned on the players that the hope of receiving (albeit potentially higher) wages is a false one and it may be in their interests to waive their rights under the contract and walk, which might be what the Mad one is hoping for?

jacomo
05-12-2011, 10:23 PM
Slightly off topic I know, but there's a very interesting article from 2 years ago which been posted on Kickback. It covers Romanov's dealings with the Lithuanian league and makes fascinating reading.

http://soccerlens.com/chaos-in-kaunas-the-decline-and-fall-of-the-romanov-empire/27087/

Fascinating stuff. So, Vlad claims there's a conspiracy against him in Scotland, where in fact it seems the real conspiracy was his stranglehold on Lithuanian football, where he owned the governing body and had control over more than one team.

Laughable.

IWasThere2016
05-12-2011, 10:39 PM
I wonder why you think that someone whose contract has been effectively terminated should wait until January before doing something about it.

Can I also say that your avatar of RP is only slightly less cringeworthy than the one a while back showing him with £ signs over his eyes - did you sport that one too btw?

Surely if you prefer someone who is good at football and gung-ho with money then Romanov would be a more positive icon for you?

The £ signs wasnae me.

Was/is Romanov a player? I didnae know he was good at football. Are you saying RP isn't any good at football?

Bayern Bru
05-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Unfortunately for them, if a player has a contract and you want to terminate it you have to pay them part or all of the contract amount (or come to an "agreement" between both parties), in other words they cannae afford to get rid of these players. Shame :greengrin

Good point, but surely most of the players would sacrifice a month's pay for sanity and freedom? :greengrin

The Falcon
05-12-2011, 10:46 PM

Surely it cant be that easy ? So if we didnt want Colin Nish or John Rankin all we had to do was stop paying them and they walk away? I have to think there will be some quite draconian consequences to non payment of players contract.

Arch Stanton
05-12-2011, 10:53 PM
The £ signs wasnae me.

Was/is Romanov a player? I didnae know he was good at football. Are you saying RP isn't any good at football?

Well, if you don't want to argue your corner then I'm not bothered either.

I thought the received wisdom was that RP was more of an accountant that a football man, but if you want to dance around that issue then go on yerself.

proud_and_green
05-12-2011, 11:07 PM
Over on Kickback they have convinced themselves that if Vlad wants out he will just have to accept whats on the table. They seem sure he will just accept about £8 Million and have to walk away.

No consideration that the £ 50 million he values them at is what is underpinning UBIG's accounts and in turn whats securing UBIG's borrowing from Ukio Bankas.

If we have all read Vlad wrong and he actually is mega rich and just fed up with football I don't think he would allow another group to take the Yams over at a knock-down price and perhaps succeeding where he failed. That would be too big a blow to his ego. He would see their extinction as a better outcome than a successful Club without himself in charge. :aok:

Really interesting point and something i had never considered before you made it here. UBIG is in *****, they need to big up their assets, HoMFC are one of their assets, therefore big that asset up, its not about selling the club its about keeping UBIG afloat, that is probably a good thing for hertz in the short term but still leaves them in the deep brown stuff in the long term!

The Falcon
06-12-2011, 05:51 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3980140/Jambos-tell-stars-they-can-leave.html

There are some really serious implications here if they get away with this. They seem to be encouraging (for want of a better word) players that they no longer want to leave by not paying them.

If they get away with this we are a very short step away from the scenario where player A chooses club X over club Y because they offered him more, much more, money. Two games into his five year deal player A breaks leg/cruciate damage (whatever) and fails to recover, so club X cease to pay thereby forcing player A to leave. So whats the contract worth?

If Tom Smith had been a Yam under the present ownership I have no doubt he would be in the group not being paid and receiving letters detailed in the Sun report.

Part/Time Supporter
06-12-2011, 05:54 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3980140/Jambos-tell-stars-they-can-leave.html

There are some really serious implications here if they get away with this. They seem to be encouraging (for want of a better word) players that they no longer want to leave by not paying them.

If they get away with this we are a very short step away from the scenario where player A chooses club X over club Y because they offered him more, much more, money. Two games into his five year deal player A breaks leg/cruciate damage (whatever) and fails to recover, so club X cease to pay thereby forcing player A to leave. So whats the contract worth?

If Tom Smith had been a Yam under the present ownership I have no doubt he would be in the group not being paid and receiving letters detailed in the Sun report.

The player could stick tight and sue for breach of contract.

The Falcon
06-12-2011, 05:59 AM
The player could stick tight and sue for breach of contract.

He could and I would hope he would.

But if a player is fit and not being paid with bills still coming in (contrary to popular opinion they are not all paid a fortune) whats the man to do? The nonchalance of the Yams to their predicament is truly frightening.

bingo70
06-12-2011, 06:29 AM
Sounds to me like Hearts are effectively in administration in everything other than name.

Barney McGrew
06-12-2011, 06:54 AM
Sounds to me like Hearts are effectively in administration in everything other than name.

It's a matter of time now. All it needs is for one of their (many) outstanding bills to reach court and they're gone.

And they also have the small matter of the £24m or so that's due to the parent company on 31st December. That could be fun. :greengrin

Kaiser1962
06-12-2011, 07:00 AM

I suspect it's worse than that. They are rudderless and skint. By all accounts they had to divi up the gate money from Saturday to give each of the players still waiting to be paid a grand each.

Its in Vlad's interests to avoid administration and I believe he will do just that which makes it a very stormy ride ahead for our Yam chums.

MSK
06-12-2011, 07:04 AM
I suspect it's worse than that. They are rudderless and skint. By all accounts they had to divi up the gate money from Saturday to give each of the players still waiting to be paid a grand each.

Its in Vlad's interests to avoid administration and I believe he will do just that which makes it a very stormy ride ahead for our Yam chums.Yip ..he will continue to drip feed pennies & the players will accept it ...****ing yelly-belly's ....:agree:

IWasThere2016
06-12-2011, 07:07 AM
Well, if you don't want to argue your corner then I'm not bothered either.

I thought the received wisdom was that RP was more of an accountant that a football man, but if you want to dance around that issue then go on yerself.

Romanov has done an outstanding job IMHO :greengrin

RP is an accountant, and as a Director of Finance myself I am dead set against companies being run by accountants.

I am also bemused that Hibs have 3 in the Boardroom - that, frankly, is conpletely over the top.

The avatar was post AGM and in response to being accused of being a 'Rod hater'

IWasThere2016
06-12-2011, 07:29 AM
Surely it cant be that easy ? So if we didnt want Colin Nish or John Rankin all we had to do was stop paying them and they walk away? I have to think there will be some quite draconian consequences to non payment of players contract.

No it is not that easy.

The club would need to repeatedly fail to pay - eg it would be unreasonable for a player to seek to sever a contract if the bank (say) at not the club made an error and failed to pay on time.

The risk to the club of the failure to pay (and repeatedly) is reputational .. the Yams will not find many players wishing to sign for Hearts if this continues and higher-paid players are emptied.

Hibs Class
06-12-2011, 07:34 AM
It's a matter of time now. All it needs is for one of their (many) outstanding bills to reach court and they're gone.And they also have the small matter of the £24m or so that's due to the parent company on 31st December. That could be fun. :greengrin The c.£24m may well just be renewed so still treated the same by the bank, but hearts may struggle to even meet the interest payments due on the debt.

The Falcon
06-12-2011, 07:56 AM
Romanov has done an outstanding job IMHO :greengrin

:agree:

Is he an accountant?

YehButNoBut
06-12-2011, 08:16 AM

From this article, hard to believe surely he should be the first out the door, sums them up really. :lolyam::brokenyam:

"It's thought convicted sex offender Craig Thomson DIDN'T get the letter and his place isn't under threat."

Niffy
06-12-2011, 08:20 AM
Daily Mail saying Sergio has told players no more pay until after Crimbo .

Ooops

matty_f
06-12-2011, 08:34 AM
Daily Mail saying Sergio has told players no more pay until after Crimbo .OoopsOoft! Merry Christmas!

.Whitey.
06-12-2011, 08:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II199Q-WjI0

seen this video today about yams and it made me laugh :greengrin

RiseAbove
06-12-2011, 08:51 AM
Ooft! Merry Christmas!

i must admit i'm lovings what's going on at Tynecastle, been waiting along time for the house of cards to collapse, surely the SPL must step in, a football team in the SPL can't be allowed to be involved if they are not paying their players?

Hibbyradge
06-12-2011, 08:59 AM
Yams still in denial.

Comments such as "Is getting rid of fringe players, as the article states, really classified as a fire sale?", and "It's about time the deadwood was shipped out of our club." just go to show how deluded they continue to be.

I can't even begin to imagine how painful it's going to be for these people when the end game arrives and reality hits home.

johnrebus
06-12-2011, 09:10 AM
Yams still in denial.

Comments such as "Is getting rid of fringe players, as the article states, really classified as a fire sale?", and "It's about time the deadwood was shipped out of our club." just go to show how deluded they continue to be.

I can't even begin to imagine how painful it's going to be for these people when the end game arrives and reality hits home.

On the contrary.

I believe it will be nigh on impossible to find anyone willing to admit they were ever a Hearts supporter.

Like their mad owner, they will simply re-write history......,

:brokenyam:

poolman
06-12-2011, 09:41 AM
Daily Mail saying Sergio has told players no more pay until after Crimbo .

Ooops

None of this then :greengrin

http://i42.tinypic.com/qst9fq.jpg

BEEJ
06-12-2011, 09:50 AM
Ooft! Merry Christmas!
:singing:
Feed the Jambos,
Let them know its Christmas time and
Feed the Jambos,
Let them know.....
:singing:

greenlex
06-12-2011, 10:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II199Q-WjI0

seen this video today about yams and it made me laugh :greengrin

:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious

Made me laugh too.:thumbsup:

StevieC
06-12-2011, 11:19 AM
It looks to me that unless there's some money coming over from Lithuania sometime soon the wages wont get paid until they start getting tickets sold for the Scottish Cup game on the 7th of January.

.Whitey.
06-12-2011, 11:59 AM
:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious

Made me laugh too.:thumbsup:

Its safe to say that im easily amused :greengrin

greenginger
06-12-2011, 12:06 PM
It looks to me that unless there's some money coming over from Lithuania sometime soon the wages wont get paid until they start getting tickets sold for the Scottish Cup game on the 7th of January.

And how is anyone going to guarantee the visitors will get their share of the gate receipts ?

Better tell the Talbot to bring their "enforcers" with them in case of disputes. :agree:

Dashing Bob S
06-12-2011, 12:38 PM
The fascinating factor about the Jambos, when the curtain will finally comes down on the Romanov era, is how they've managed to spend so much cash on player wages and still be she-ite.

They are possibly one of the top five supported clubs in the country, and might well have scabbed a diddy cup in a penalty shoot out over Gretna without *****ing off 40mill and driving themselves out of business.

Thet might not pay peanuts, but they still seem more than able to attract enough monkeys.

Andy74
06-12-2011, 12:42 PM
The fascinating factor about the Jambos, when the curtain will finally comes down on the Romanov era, is how they've managed to spend so much cash on player wages and still be she-ite.

They are possibly one of the top five supported clubs in the country, and might well have scabbed a diddy cup in a penalty shoot out over Gretna without *****ing off 40mill and driving themselves out of business.

Thet might not pay peanuts, but they still seem more than able to attract enough monkeys.

It has enabled them to be slightly more consistent than the rest, but not much. That's why i've never had much time for anyone who thought the likes of Laszlo were doing a great job. No, they have all failed to take advantage of a budget double that of the nearest challengers.

That said we are doing the same thing, most of the teams like St Johnstone and Motherwll probably have half our budget.

green glory
06-12-2011, 12:44 PM
If their top earners aren't being paid till after Christmas (code for never) then their performances will continue getting worse, till January when some of these guys b*gger off leaving a shell of a team ripe for a green and white rear ending on the 2nd January.:cb

Bring it on.

:flag::pfgwa:flag:

MSK
06-12-2011, 12:44 PM

Thet might not pay peanuts, but they still seem more than able to attract enough monkeys.In one of the press reports it says Romanov has *****ed £200 million on the tramps ..then goes on to say "he" is worth £200 million ...that means in simple terms ..he is skint ...the tramps should waving their furry hats in celebration & be thankful he is only looking for £50 million ...:greengrin

StevieC
06-12-2011, 12:48 PM
And how is anyone going to guarantee the visitors will get their share of the gate receipts ?

There will be no guarantees, in the same way they couldn't guarantee ticket sales for the derby, so I suspect lowly Auchinleck Talbot will need to take them to court for the cash.

johnrebus
06-12-2011, 12:56 PM
There will be no guarantees, in the same way they couldn't guarantee ticket sales for the derby, so I suspect lowly Auchinleck Talbot will need to take them to court for the cash.

In Junior cup ties its normal for an (away team) committee member(s) to be overseeing the gate(s), keeping an eye on the cash coming in and being there when the loot is divied up.

Cannot see Talbot being daft enough to fall for any shennanigans. If they do - given Hearts recent history - then they deserve it.

:cb

Kaiser1962
07-12-2011, 07:05 AM
Having had a little look at kickback for the first time in ages I find it difficult to comprehend some of the ridiculous comments regarding their future, their total lack of any fight whatsoever and their acceptance that every things fine. Some of the comments are even suggesting that what they are doing is the right thing to do and that, in reality, they are working to some sort of plan and its coming together perfectly. Their hand to mouth existence is a cunning way to get rid of the "deadwood".

They keep talking about administration as if it's a good thing and obviously without any knowledge that, in order for them to go into admin, Vlad would pretty much have to take himself to court. Not a scooby I'm afraid.

Any sympathy I might have had has evaporated and they deserve all they get for their lack of passion and chronic stupidity.

bingo70
07-12-2011, 07:43 AM
Having had a little look at kickback for the first time in ages I find it difficult to comprehend some of the ridiculous comments regarding their future, their total lack of any fight whatsoever and their acceptance that every things fine. Some of the comments are even suggesting that what they are doing is the right thing to do and that, in reality, they are working to some sort of plan and its coming together perfectly. Their hand to mouth existence is a cunning way to get rid of the "deadwood".

They keep talking about administration as if it's a good thing and obviously without any knowledge that, in order for them to go into admin, Vlad would pretty much have to take himself to court. Not a scooby I'm afraid.

Any sympathy I might have had has evaporated and they deserve all they get for their lack of passion and chronic stupidity.

Just did the same and found these little beauties on the thread about the killie chairman criticing them

What the reporter, and the Jonhston seem to have forgotten is that although we are cash strapped, we're still probably on a financially sounder platform than Killie.

people dont realise how hated we are maybe cause actually make some noise on our travels,atleast used too

EskbankHibby
07-12-2011, 08:29 AM

Yup, not looked at keekback but the revisionism on show from a couple of jambos i know is absolutely staggering.

Embracing our austerity model of 20 years ago was "always" the plan apparently and the glee with which they are embracing the incredibly lean years which will come with playing in the SPL with an under 19's team without a stadium or a training pitch is, well, humbling.

You can't bring in a tenner and spend 20 quid, we told you this some time ago you utter fuds.

heretoday
07-12-2011, 10:43 AM
It sounds like Wonga's involvement with the players may become more than just a name on a shirt, especially towards the end of the month!

cabbageandribs1875
07-12-2011, 10:46 AM
wonga wonga wonga, when you need to borrow lah lah lah lah lah lah

hopefully they avoid the paltry 4214% APR :titanic:

Green_one
07-12-2011, 11:31 AM
Yup, not looked at keekback but the revisionism on show from a couple of jambos i know is absolutely staggering.

Embracing our austerity model of 20 years ago was "always" the plan apparently and the glee with which they are embracing the incredibly lean years which will come with playing in the SPL with an under 19's team without a stadium or a training pitch is, well, humbling.

You can't bring in a tenner and spend 20 quid, we told you this some time ago you utter fuds.

Yes I have heard this too. Its amazing how they switch back and forward , swallowing whatever is thrown at them. I detect a degree of doubt though about the rosy tomorrow they usually have. The Jambo under 19s are nothing to boast about and even the players who have broken into the first team squad , led by Templeton, are not setting the heather alight.

I think the January chaos will change some of the picture but we can expect more of - 'good to get rid of the rubbish' and 'let youth have its chance' . Will anyone be paid by then though???? Even the stupid catch on eventually.

Dashing Bob S
07-12-2011, 11:44 AM
Yes I have heard this too. Its amazing how they switch back and forward , swallowing whatever is thrown at them. I detect a degree of doubt though about the rosy tomorrow they usually have. The Jambo under 19s are nothing to boast about and even the players who have broken into the first team squad , led by Templeton, are not setting the heather alight.

I think the January chaos will change some of the picture but we can expect more of - 'good to get rid of the rubbish' and 'let youth have its chance' . Will anyone be paid by then though???? Even the stupid catch on eventually.

But there's ordinary stupid and Yam stupid.

H18sry
07-12-2011, 11:53 AM
What a disgustingly embarrassing club they are. If I was a Hearts fan right now, and thank f*** I'm not, I would be wholly embarrassed and ashamed at the utter shambles I'm associated with.

Still, reap what you sow. The spineless welts were given plenty notice from our good and observant selves but they were too busy planning global domination (for that, read too scared and sheepish to even squeak their disapproval) that they've left it too late. And still, yes, incredibly, still you'll have some of them blame the council/SFA etc rather than look far, far closer to home.

Wee Vladdy's got bored of playing Football Manager now and he's tucked his laptop under the bed (take note, Craig Thomson).

They cannae even afford toilet roll? Their main stand hasn't been given a spring cleaning since it's initial erection in 1914 (ironically there are a few thousand large erections shiftily seated in it every fortnight, some gaining erections,......most recently over the 14 year old cheerleaders on the pitch; aye, dinnae worry JKB members, I saw that thread). Staff are bringing in their own supplies, players are being drip-fed a small percentage of their salaries that have been hurriedly counted up from the proceeds of their latest defeat, the players (who are just as spineless as their supporters) are too meepish to even so much as raise a concerned voice and they've got a manager, who has also yet to be paid, who is so skint he cannae even afford eyebrows.

They've now promoted a youth coach to the role of Director of Football which is a bizarre career move and presumably he would get a payrise there........although I'm unsure what f***all plus 5% amounts to at the moment; in fact, I do, it's still f***all. On top of this, players cannae get a game because they are associated with Gary MacKay (here's looking at you Gary Glen, ya big giant toddler), those that are getting a game are arguing and fighting amongst each other, the squad morale is at an all-time low (which is going some for them) because they're no getting a salary and HMRC and a whole host of other creditors are furiously knocking on their front door like an angry parent outside the Craig Thomson residence.

And yet still, the little followers hardly raise a peep. Indeed, the players that aren't get paid were being labelled as "wage thieves" this week by a certain few........surely you have to receive a wage to be called that? Ironically, the only way the plebs will get a wage is if they actually do thieve it from Vlad's safe....once the notes have went through a forty degree spin in the laundry that is.

But naw, just you muppets keep quiet, in fact don't say a single word. And when you do pluck up the courage to speak when your glorious absentee leader and his abortion of a son let you have a voice, raise concerns about a f****ng lightbulb in your rickety old main stand, aye that's the one, the one that's older than my grandad and looks like it would fa' doon with an ill-timed fart.

You've spent years criticising our club for our business model.........then when you tried to adopt it a couple of years ago you labelled it as your own ground-breaking innovation. Too late, my friends, too late. It didn't save you. And now you're f***ed and stuck in the s**t....which is a shame as there's nae toilet roll to help you out.

So when your club is metaphorically sat on the pavement with your begging bowl raised asking for someone to help you out, beat it.......many did try and point you in the right direction but you were too busy maxing out your maroon credit card and belittling the sensible ones to listen to a f****ng word we tried to say.

May your House of Nonces come a-tumbling down and may your demise be as horribly disgusting as the very club you purport to support.

robinp
07-12-2011, 12:12 PM
What a disgustingly embarrassing club they are. If I was a Hearts fan right now, and thank f*** I'm not, I would be wholly embarrassed and ashamed at the utter shambles I'm associated with.

Still, reap what you sow. The spineless welts were given plenty notice from our good and observant selves but they were too busy planning global domination (for that, read too scared and sheepish to even squeak their disapproval) that they've left it too late. And still, yes, incredibly, still you'll have some of them blame the council/SFA etc rather than look far, far closer to home.

Wee Vladdy's got bored of playing Football Manager now and he's tucked his laptop under the bed (take note, Craig Thomson).

They cannae even afford toilet roll? Their main stand hasn't been given a spring cleaning since it's initial erection in 1914 (ironically there are a few thousand large erections shiftily seated in it every fortnight, some gaining erections,......most recently over the 14 year old cheerleaders on the pitch; aye, dinnae worry JKB members, I saw that thread). Staff are bringing in their own supplies, players are being drip-fed a small percentage of their salaries that have been hurriedly counted up from the proceeds of their latest defeat, the players (who are just as spineless as their supporters) are too meepish to even so much as raise a concerned voice and they've got a manager, who has also yet to be paid, who is so skint he cannae even afford eyebrows.

They've now promoted a youth coach to the role of Director of Football which is a bizarre career move and presumably he would get a payrise there........although I'm unsure what f***all plus 5% amounts to at the moment; in fact, I do, it's still f***all. On top of this, players cannae get a game because they are associated with Gary MacKay (here's looking at you Gary Glen, ya big giant toddler), those that are getting a game are arguing and fighting amongst each other, the squad morale is at an all-time low (which is going some for them) because they're no getting a salary and HMRC and a whole host of other creditors are furiously knocking on their front door like an angry parent outside the Craig Thomson residence.

And yet still, the little followers hardly raise a peep. Indeed, the players that aren't get paid were being labelled as "wage thieves" this week by a certain few........surely you have to receive a wage to be called that? Ironically, the only way the plebs will get a wage is if they actually do thieve it from Vlad's safe....once the notes have went through a forty degree spin in the laundry that is.

But naw, just you muppets keep quiet, in fact don't say a single word. And when you do pluck up the courage to speak when your glorious absentee leader and his abortion of a son let you have a voice, raise concerns about a f****ng lightbulb in your rickety old main stand, aye that's the one, the one that's older than my grandad and looks like it would fa' doon with an ill-timed fart.

You've spent years criticising our club for our business model.........then when you tried to adopt it a couple of years ago you labelled it as your own ground-breaking innovation. Too late, my friends, too late. It didn't save you. And now you're f***ed and stuck in the s**t....which is a shame as there's nae toilet roll to help you out.

So when your club is metaphorically sat on the pavement with your begging bowl raised asking for someone to help you out, beat it.......many did try and point you in the right direction but you were too busy maxing out your maroon credit card and belittling the sensible ones to listen to a f****ng word we tried to say.

May your House of Nonces come a-tumbling down and may your demise be as horribly disgusting as the very club you purport to support.

Take a bow!

:top marks

KeithTheHibby
07-12-2011, 12:24 PM

And even then I expect that game to actually cost them money.

Mac
07-12-2011, 12:25 PM
Think for the first time the penny is actually starting to drop with some of them, there are however still the few who are either 5 years old or just incredibly stupid!!!

Think the next couple of weeks will be crucial unless their finances are in order along with players being paid by 31st December then UEFA will become involved and the opportunity to play in Europe (should they qualify) will be taken away, i also believe there will be other measures taken by UEFA regarding the financial state of the club, all in all, looks as though their tea is well and truly oot!!!

Famous Fiver
07-12-2011, 01:40 PM
I quite fancy a punt on the Talbot in the Cup Tie.

Not checked the odds yet but I think that wee bet might get my 2012 punting off to a good start.

PeeKay
07-12-2011, 01:45 PM

Not checked the odds yet but I think that wee bet might get my 2012 punting off to a good start.

I think you might find a few Hearts players in the bookies placing a similar bet:wink: It's one way to get a pay-day.

ballengeich
07-12-2011, 06:13 PM
They're now offering contract extensions to players who aren't getting paid:rolleyes: Is even Vlad deranged enough to think that they'll accept?

Kello and Jonsson were mentioned by Preston on Radio Scotland this evening as not having accepted the offers they've received.

Sean1875
07-12-2011, 06:14 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16076186.stm :crazy:

greenginger
07-12-2011, 06:44 PM
80 MPH winds through the central belt tomorrow afternoon .Possible structural damage in Edinburgh. Will the Asbo Dome stand up to it ?

heretoday
07-12-2011, 09:35 PM

Wouldn't that just be fantastic! :hilarious

iwasthere1972
07-12-2011, 09:50 PM
80 MPH winds through the central belt tomorrow afternoon .Possible structural damage in Edinburgh. Will the Asbo Dome stand up to it ?

It's survived two world wars but as it's getting on a bit you have to fear for it. Whoosh.....get in there.

The bad news is that they would only have three stands. The good news is at least they would be able to widen the pitch. :greengrin

PaulSmith
08-12-2011, 06:34 AM
They might not have an asbestos stand left if the 100mph winds arrive this afternoon.

Kaiser1962
08-12-2011, 06:45 AM
But there's ordinary stupid and Yam stupid.

That's the ones who still haven't caught on, nor are likely to. Long Live Vlad :flag:

Kaiser1962
08-12-2011, 06:47 AM
They might not have an asbestos stand left if the 100mph winds arrive this afternoon.

Anybody see an "new for old" insurance claim coming :cb

Barney McGrew
08-12-2011, 06:54 AM
Anybody see an "new for old" insurance claim coming :cb

Any insurance claim would see them having to part with some dough for the excess.

Ain't going to happen :greengrin

Woody70x2
08-12-2011, 07:38 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16076186.stm :crazy:

Just read this on the BBC website... sorry we can't pay you, but how about signing a new contract?

Mortgages about to go unpaid... ha ha. If it was anyone else it would be a shame, but since it is our nearest and dearest :na na:

Jack
08-12-2011, 07:41 AM
The situation at Hearts is one of the most worrying in British football at the moment because the debts are so large. Anyone acquiring the club would have to have a repayment plan at least, as well as contributing towards running costs. There aren't that many buyers around at the moment and they could pick up a Championship club at the same cost.

http://www.footballeconomy.com/content/players-consider-options-hearts

lucky
08-12-2011, 07:48 AM
Just read this on the BBC website... sorry we can't pay you, but how about signing a new contract?

Mortgages about to go unpaid... ha ha. If it was anyone else it would be a shame, but since it is our nearest and dearest :na na:

I find it hard to believe if any of the Yam first team players are struggling financially. They will all be on a minimum of £3k per week. Even with a big mortgage I'm sure they will be able to deal with their banks. Even if they leave hearts and sign for lesser wages elsewhere they will still get a signing on fee and very good wages. FFS John Rankin is on £75k a year at Dundee utd so can be that hard for the Yams.

brog
08-12-2011, 07:49 AM

The old stand takes off in a whirlwind with Mad Vlad in it - lands in Whitburn beside the shale bings.
" I don't think this is Kaunas Toto " !! All together now, " Somewhere Over The Rainbow "!! There's more chance of the Wizard of Oz buying Yams than there is of them surviving in their present form! It's so sad I can't stop crying!

StevieC
08-12-2011, 08:38 AM
I'm sure they will be able to deal with their banks.

I wonder if "Wonga" will give them preferential rates?

:hmmm:

Sunny1875
08-12-2011, 09:09 AM

:top marksTaxi Drivers have too much time on their hands

iwasthere1972
08-12-2011, 09:22 AM

I would be totally amazed if that relates to any of the first team players and if it does then they need to get themselves a financial advisor quickly.

Carlsberg don't do Christmas loans but if they did they wouldn't be available to that lot.

iwasthere1972
08-12-2011, 09:31 AM

The wind is picking up here in Edinburgh (get in there ya beauty :thumbsup:) and the Yams stadium move from Gorgie to Sighthill might be sooner than they were planning.

iwasthere1972
08-12-2011, 09:56 AM
There are some Yams out there who think that "The Million Pound Drop" last night relates to Securicor delivering the wages to Tynecastle in time for a Christmas payout.